Community > Posts By > Bastet127

Bastet127's photo
Wed 03/16/22 03:45 PM

Leaving this at that. I tried to shed some insight and light on a very racist hateful post.
If people cannot understand that and instead have knee-jerk reactions... not going to spend my energy on that.

I wish I had said this. (Crystal flowerforyou )

Bastet127's photo
Wed 03/16/22 10:13 AM

First off; It was FORTY acres and a mule. An idea that was put forward by general Sherman but NEVER materialized.

Second; The idea that freed slaves could just "get on the boat that brought them and go back", after three hundred years of slavery, is the most preposterous idea I've ever seen put in print.

Quoted for truth!

Bastet127's photo
Mon 03/14/22 07:17 PM
Edited by Bastet127 on Mon 03/14/22 07:23 PM
According to the FBI most hate crimes are committed AGAINST African-Americans. They also reported the uptick in Asian-American hate crimes have increased, with more than half being committed by whites, 21% by African-Americans. Research is your friend when you want to spout off.

And before you say that’s because there are more whites than blacks in this country, I’ll just say you missed my point.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 02/28/22 04:34 AM

We could go back and forth on this for hours on end. But, if you can’t see how gun violence is affecting freedom in this country, while having little to nothing to do with protecting property or tyranny against government, there’s no hope this will ever change.

Really, the only reason russia hasn’t entered Kyiv Is because of the citizens having guns. If you can’t see where guns can protect a person from harm from others than why do you have one.But you got to have the balls to use it. If we remove our second amendment then we are at the mercy of a invading country or a tyrannical government at sometime. More and more folks are arming themselves and that is a Good thing.

They were given guns, in a time of war. I’m not saying remove the 2nd amendment, but major gun control is needed, otherwise we’re just at war with ourselves.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 02/28/22 04:13 AM
We could go back and forth on this for hours on end. But, if you can’t see how gun violence is affecting freedom in this country, while having little to nothing to do with protecting property or tyranny against government, there’s no hope this will ever change.

Bastet127's photo
Sun 02/27/22 06:21 PM
Edited by Bastet127 on Sun 02/27/22 06:31 PM

The people who were in the protest were from many different groups, causing problems for everyone, and getting funding from foreign countries. I was harassed by some of the protesters to "take off your F---ing mask, because covid is not real", . There are many people who were harassed, and assaulted, by protesters that have absolutely no connection to the truckers protest, there were even truckers who realized that, and wanted to leave but were trapped, because the other truckers would not let them out.

To protest is allowed in Canada, but when it directly affects the local people who live in the area, and those people have to get a court ruling for the truckers to stop blowing their horns, shooting off fireworks and continuously performing acts of harassment and assault, then the protest needed to be stopped.

The best way to protest is by voting, not by holding the rest of the population hostage, until the protesters get what they want.

The police forces removed the protesters in the best way possible, without any serious harm, or shootings, regardless of the way that the American media reported how events took place.

I'm glad to live in a country that is actually peaceful, without all of the guns.

I would argue that guns possessed by the private citizens is what keeps us free. It’s hard to protect your rights and freedoms if you have nothing to fight with. Our 2nd amendment is a deterrent to keep government in check . The governments sole purpose is to serve and protect its citizens. To many politicians forget that and think it’s the other way around. We can remind them at election time

Tell that to the people who get shot, and often killed, every day in the US. Nothing to do with the government and many live in fear for their lives every day because of the haphazard way guns have become available. I own a gun, but it’s locked away and used at a range or personal protection in my home. But, in many cases its out of control because of the fall back on the 2nd amendment, which is NOT the reason most have one. Prove me wrong.

And I just watched a video of an entire town in Ukraine coming out and blocking a Russian tank. Not a gun in sight. Stupid? Brave? however you see it, that was what freedom looks like.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 02/21/22 10:21 AM

The Capitol Police (USCP) is charged with protecting the United States Congress. It answers to the Capitol Police Board who are appointed by the legislative branch of the federal government of the United States.

The Capital Police Board consists of three voting members: the Sergeant at Arms of the United States House of Representatives, the Sergeant at Arms of the United States Senate, the Architect of the Capitol, and chief of the Capitol Police who is a non-voting member of the board.

The to bring in the National Guard for extra security of the United States House of Representatives is under the direction of the Speaker of the House or other presiding officer, the Sergeant at Arms plays an integral role in maintaining order and decorum in the House chamber.

The Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the United States Senate and is the protocol officer, executive officer, and highest-ranking federal law enforcement officer of the Senate of the United States.

The Architect of the Capitol is the federal agency responsible for the maintenance, operation, development, and preservation of the United States Capitol Complex.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/25/facebook-posts/no-capitol-security-not-only-pelosis-responsibilit/

Capitol security is not solely the responsibility of the House speaker. It is provided by the sergeants-at-arms of the House and Senate, and by the Capitol Police.

The House sergeant-at-arms reports to the House speaker, or Pelosi at the time of the attack. The Senate sergeant-at-arms reports to the Senate majority leader — on Jan. 6, Sen. Mitch McConnell.

News reports indicate that in the days before the attack, House sergeant-at-arms Paul Irving resisted calls from the Capitol Police to bring in the National Guard for extra security at the Capitol because of “optics.” Irving later testified that intelligence reports didn’t show the need for the extra security, not that he rejected it because of optics.

--------

Was Pelosi responsible for the National Guard not being there on January 6th? Maybe not directly but Irving who "is under the direction of the Speaker of the House" didn't want the National Guard present even after the Capital Police asked to bring in the National Guard for extra security.

So as I said, Pelosi did not have the power to make that decision. :thumbsup:

Capitol security is not SOLELY the responsibility of Pelosi....but that DOESN'T mean she doesn't have ANY responsibility, she IS part of the chain of command regarding security. The House sergeant-at-arms acts under the direction of Pelosi and since he WOULDN'T act on the request of the Chief of the Capital Police to bring in the National Guard Pelosi at the very least is indirectly responsible.....and if she KNEW the Chief of the Capital Police requested the National Guard she is directly responsible.

Pelosi DID have the power to request that the National Guard be called to the Capital.....there is NO evidence that she even made the request.

Both Irving and Stenger did not support the idea. With your logic one could just as easily then say McConnell had the power, but it was a decision made by the 3 voting members. My statement still stands, Pelosi did not have the power.

She wasn't SOLELY responsible for the National Guard not being called in, others ALSO had SOME power to call in the National Guard. She could have told Irving, who is under her direction, to ask for the National Guard to be brought in..the same way she can call on him to remove people from the House. Not having SOLE power DOESN'T mean, AS YOU SUGGEST, that she had NO power.

You can stand with your statement as many times as you wish but it doesn't change the FACTS.

I never suggested NO power. I said she didn’t have the power, as original poster blamed it on her. And as we both agree, there’s a voting committee, of which, she was not part of. She could have done this or she could have done that is only significant if you’re trying to find some way to hold her solely responsible. YOUR statements are full of ifs and buts, I don’t call those facts.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 02/21/22 04:35 AM
Edited by Bastet127 on Mon 02/21/22 05:11 AM

The OP makes it seem like she was the victim here. How absurd.

This is because she IS THE VICTIM! Daunte Wright took the life of Kim Potter. She showed up for work to make the community a better place and this thug fights her and destroyed the life that she knew. If you fight or run from the cops there is a chance you will die, if you do not want to take that chance then don't commit crimes and when you get caught stand up and face the consequences. She had every right to shoot him, does not matter if it was an accident or not, she had the right to do what she did. That car will kill somebody just as fast as a gun will, and there was nothing saying he didn't have a weapon in the car. She will be out of jail in just over a year, but she will have to live with this the rest of her life, she can't just go home and go back to work and forget this all happened. This guy destroyed her life, how long did he really think it would have taken to catch him had he gotten away? If this thug was still out their how many others would have he caused harm too? Are you going to support people whom work for a living? Or support the low life freeloaders that harm others to take over the streets? Get a clue people, if they are locked up the can not commit a crime (outside of jail anyway) and they can not reproduce either! And yes the 4 cops that arrested George Floyd are also victims of Floyds selfish actions and disregard for others, and the court system is just as guilty of destroying those 4 officers lives because Floyd should have never been out on the streets, and the public officials never should have turned it into a witch hunt to convict them based on public opinion.

She killed someone, period. I get that she made an egregious mistake and is remorseful and her life is forever changed, but she killed someone. To use a taser to prevent him from leaving the scene is warranted. But, that’s not what happened and you can imagine all the scenarios you want for why this man being dead is okay. That’s on you. Mistakes can be costly, it cost him his life. He was the victim, period.

Bastet127's photo
Mon 02/21/22 04:13 AM
Edited by Bastet127 on Mon 02/21/22 04:14 AM

The Capitol Police (USCP) is charged with protecting the United States Congress. It answers to the Capitol Police Board who are appointed by the legislative branch of the federal government of the United States.

The Capital Police Board consists of three voting members: the Sergeant at Arms of the United States House of Representatives, the Sergeant at Arms of the United States Senate, the Architect of the Capitol, and chief of the Capitol Police who is a non-voting member of the board.

The to bring in the National Guard for extra security of the United States House of Representatives is under the direction of the Speaker of the House or other presiding officer, the Sergeant at Arms plays an integral role in maintaining order and decorum in the House chamber.

The Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the United States Senate and is the protocol officer, executive officer, and highest-ranking federal law enforcement officer of the Senate of the United States.

The Architect of the Capitol is the federal agency responsible for the maintenance, operation, development, and preservation of the United States Capitol Complex.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/25/facebook-posts/no-capitol-security-not-only-pelosis-responsibilit/

Capitol security is not solely the responsibility of the House speaker. It is provided by the sergeants-at-arms of the House and Senate, and by the Capitol Police.

The House sergeant-at-arms reports to the House speaker, or Pelosi at the time of the attack. The Senate sergeant-at-arms reports to the Senate majority leader — on Jan. 6, Sen. Mitch McConnell.

News reports indicate that in the days before the attack, House sergeant-at-arms Paul Irving resisted calls from the Capitol Police to bring in the National Guard for extra security at the Capitol because of “optics.” Irving later testified that intelligence reports didn’t show the need for the extra security, not that he rejected it because of optics.

--------

Was Pelosi responsible for the National Guard not being there on January 6th? Maybe not directly but Irving who "is under the direction of the Speaker of the House" didn't want the National Guard present even after the Capital Police asked to bring in the National Guard for extra security.

Capitol security is not SOLELY the responsibility of Pelosi....but that DOESN'T mean she doesn't have ANY responsibility, she IS part of the chain of command regarding security. The House sergeant-at-arms acts under the direction of Pelosi and since he WOULDN'T act on the request of the Chief of the Capital Police to bring in the National Guard Pelosi at the very least is indirectly responsible.....and if she KNEW the Chief of the Capital Police requested the National Guard she is directly responsible.

Pelosi DID have the power to request that the National Guard be called to the Capital.....there is NO evidence that she even made the request.

Both Irving and Stenger did not support the idea. With your logic one could just as easily then say McConnell had the power, but it was a decision made by the 3 voting members. My statement still stands, Pelosi did not have the power.

Bastet127's photo
Sun 02/20/22 04:30 PM

The Sergeant at Arms of the United States House of Representatives is under the direction of the Speaker of the House or other presiding officer, the Sergeant at Arms plays an integral role in maintaining order and decorum in the House chamber.

--------

Bastet127's photo
Sun 02/20/22 11:50 AM

BS. trump tied to send 20000 national guard troops to the capitol Pelosi turned it down.I'm so tired of this

Pelosi doesn’t even have the power to turn down such a request even if he had.

Bastet127's photo
Sat 02/19/22 09:09 PM
The OP makes it seem like she was the victim here. How absurd.

Bastet127's photo
Fri 02/18/22 07:05 PM

Defunding police is a horrible idea, and one that I would never support. What I would support would be more mental health experts available to police. The example you gave is perfect, this woman clearly has mental health issues. She is currently out on supervised release and has numerous court cases pending. She doesn’t care, she’s not going to stop. She needs some help. Instead foxnews turns this into a blue/red matter. That’s the problem I see.

IMO the problem stems from never being held accountable. If your never punished for doing wrong than your gonna keep doing wrong. No mental health expert needed here. Maybe house arrest might convince her to stop. Now she’s to old to jail . These are the consequences that result from trying to appease one side over the other. Especially when it comes to the justice system.

She’s only 42, so there’s clearly something not right with this woman. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, we need more consequences for actions, yes, absolutely. After reading a bit about her I don’t think jail time at any point would have been the answer for her.

Pardon me, I thought she was an old woman. In this case lock her up for a little while .She will think twice next time. Bastet, I’m curious of what a mental health expert could do to help her?

Well, she’s homeless and she’s obviously struggling to get by, which is evident in her crimes. Sometimes getting to the root of an issue is what someone needs and helping them to find a way out. It’s interesting to read about jail time recidivism, it’s not the answer for crime reduction in a good portion of cases when they are released. I honestly would not want to be in any position to figure this all out as it is a very messed up situation on all fronts.

She may be homeless but is she helpless. Can she not work? She can walk enough to make 96 trips to the stores. So It could be that she’s healthy but to lazy to work for her socks. Is that asking to much?

Work for her socks… that made me chuckle. :) It would be amazing for her to get a job, but again, she’s been doing this for a long time so apparently her happy meal is short a toy, so who’s to say she, in this particular case, could even hold a job? It seems easy to say ‘get a job’ to a rational person, but homelessness has usually surpassed rational.

Bastet127's photo
Fri 02/18/22 06:27 PM

Defunding police is a horrible idea, and one that I would never support. What I would support would be more mental health experts available to police. The example you gave is perfect, this woman clearly has mental health issues. She is currently out on supervised release and has numerous court cases pending. She doesn’t care, she’s not going to stop. She needs some help. Instead foxnews turns this into a blue/red matter. That’s the problem I see.

IMO the problem stems from never being held accountable. If your never punished for doing wrong than your gonna keep doing wrong. No mental health expert needed here. Maybe house arrest might convince her to stop. Now she’s to old to jail . These are the consequences that result from trying to appease one side over the other. Especially when it comes to the justice system.

She’s only 42, so there’s clearly something not right with this woman. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, we need more consequences for actions, yes, absolutely. After reading a bit about her I don’t think jail time at any point would have been the answer for her.

Pardon me, I thought she was an old woman. In this case lock her up for a little while .She will think twice next time. Bastet, I’m curious of what a mental health expert could do to help her?

Well, she’s homeless and she’s obviously struggling to get by, which is evident in her crimes. Sometimes getting to the root of an issue is what someone needs and helping them to find a way out. It’s interesting to read about jail time recidivism, it’s not the answer for crime reduction in a good portion of cases when they are released. I honestly would not want to be in any position to figure this all out as it is a very messed up situation on all fronts.

Bastet127's photo
Fri 02/18/22 06:20 PM

At some point the left has to own what it elected. This " deferment " to Trump.. is old

clicked the tiny link , and it lead to the old story nothing new, just smoke and mirrors trying to find something that is not there.

I found it on foxnews website, posted 2 hours ago. Also, ap, reuters, nbcnews, oregon news, and a bunch of others. National Archives has confirmed.

asked and aswered read my above reply.

edited my response to include what foxnews had posted.

Bastet127's photo
Fri 02/18/22 06:14 PM
Edited by Bastet127 on Fri 02/18/22 06:19 PM

At some point the left has to own what it elected. This " deferment " to Trump.. is old

clicked the tiny link , and it lead to the old story nothing new, just smoke and mirrors trying to find something that is not there.

I found it on foxnews website, posted 2 hours ago. Also, ap, reuters, nbcnews, oregon news, and a bunch of others. National Archives has confirmed and said some are “national security” confidential.

Bastet127's photo
Fri 02/18/22 06:06 PM
If trump did in fact take classified documents to marlago upon leaving the oval office, people don’t see that as a problem?

Bastet127's photo
Fri 02/18/22 04:49 PM

Bastet127's photo
Fri 02/18/22 02:56 PM

Bastet127's photo
Fri 02/18/22 12:18 PM
We definitely need stronger laws against sock stealing in this country.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25