Community > Posts By > kelp1961

kelp1961's photo
Mon 11/28/11 07:08 PM
:thumbsup: Very nice you two; a joy to read.:wink:
Welcome Lori

kelp1961's photo
Mon 11/28/11 06:59 PM
Single...and hoping this is the last holiday season I take one of my (adult) kids as my 'other' to the company holiday party...laugh

kelp1961's photo
Fri 11/25/11 08:46 AM
Single...yet still feeling very thankful.

kelp1961's photo
Thu 11/24/11 09:20 AM
flowers thank you luv! I am very thankful that I found Mingle2 this year.:heart: It's been a blast and you are certainly one of the highlights.:thumbsup:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ONE AND ALL!!

kelp1961's photo
Thu 11/24/11 08:46 AM
Despite it all (and there was some sh**)...she feels pretty proud that I held firm to my core beliefs and that I was able to push thru it all...AND she feels very thankful for all the blessings in her life.

kelp1961's photo
Tue 11/22/11 10:10 PM

I was looking through profiles a bit ago and a guy said, "I'm not interested in chronic daters and I can spot them right away."

What is a chronic dater? And, how would you spot one? what

that's pretty funny..I think it takes one to know one probably...
I do not know...but then..I would probably be catagorized as a chronic NON-dater so how would I know. rofl

kelp1961's photo
Mon 11/21/11 11:55 PM

Day 9 of 10! :banana:

Getting down to the wire, but it does not look like I will have that date for Christmas or Thaksgiving...

I am not counting it out yet though.....waving waving waving
good luck flowerforyou

Thank you!!!

So what are the results thus far?

I have gotten about 5 emails, 8 views, but no dates yet! I may end up with at least one really good friend!

Me Too!!...we have exchanged very nice e-mails everyday this week....he is very far away but we are of like mind in many ways so the conversation just flows so nice...that's a rarity I have found..so despite the distance or maybe because of it.. I am really enjoying it, you don't have the pressure of 'the meet' too soon... the written word is of essential value. Come to think of it...neither one of us have even suggested a phone number exchange or private e-mail exchange. So ADiamond, I say our techniques were a success!!:thumbsup:

kelp, that is GREAT!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: I hope it is a long lasting written relationship until you both want something different...Horray for you.....Thanks and Have a wonderful Holiday Season!!!

flowerforyou

Thanks, you too.flowers

kelp1961's photo
Sun 11/20/11 09:30 PM
Hey dkm, welcome to Sacramento...some of us actually call it home and aren't just passing through. :wink: You now have one Sacramento Mingle friend. Good luck with your studies.Feel free to message me if you need some...idk directions somewhere or something.:smile:

kelp1961's photo
Sun 11/20/11 04:45 PM

Well yes...I think I look my age....I think I truly look like an average 50 yr old woman...People sometimes forget that yes, 50 year old women have grey hair, usually quite a bit...and they have wringles and they have less than perfect skin and they have thickening around the waist etc., etc...I have been told I could look younger and maybe get more dates if I would just wear makeup or color the greys, or dress differently...so to that I say...but that is not me...if that's what you/they want, you/they can go buy it at the store.laugh I am just saying.:tongue:

You're very Beautiful flowerforyou

Aww..thanks Rhonlynn that was very kindaflowers and right back at cha...love that tat..btw

kelp1961's photo
Sun 11/20/11 04:02 PM
Well yes...I think I look my age....I think I truly look like an average 50 yr old woman...People sometimes forget that yes, 50 year old women have grey hair, usually quite a bit...and they have wringles and they have less than perfect skin and they have thickening around the waist etc., etc...I have been told I could look younger and maybe get more dates if I would just wear makeup or color the greys, or dress differently...so to that I say...but that is not me...if that's what you/they want, you/they can go buy it at the store.laugh I am just saying.:tongue:

kelp1961's photo
Sat 11/19/11 05:09 PM

Day 9 of 10! :banana:

Getting down to the wire, but it does not look like I will have that date for Christmas or Thaksgiving...

I am not counting it out yet though.....waving waving waving
good luck flowerforyou

Thank you!!!

So what are the results thus far?

I have gotten about 5 emails, 8 views, but no dates yet! I may end up with at least one really good friend!

Me Too!!...we have exchanged very nice e-mails everyday this week....he is very far away but we are of like mind in many ways so the conversation just flows so nice...that's a rarity I have found..so despite the distance or maybe because of it.. I am really enjoying it, you don't have the pressure of 'the meet' too soon... the written word is of essential value. Come to think of it...neither one of us have even suggested a phone number exchange or private e-mail exchange. So ADiamond, I say our techniques were a success!!:thumbsup:

kelp1961's photo
Sat 11/19/11 04:55 PM

Good luck! I think it's important to try to be open to possibilities, while still being alert for those nasty ol' red flags....!

shades

:thumbsup: be alert for, notice AND don't dismiss.

kelp1961's photo
Sat 11/19/11 01:13 PM

This strays abit from the topic I do apologize for that but I felt like sharing a little story.
This thread and some of the comments reminds me of when I was a young wife with a young child walking down the street with my husband and daughter in 1980 Riverside California, when suddently someone drives up behind us and yells, ****** lover. I believed I had a right to love and be with whomever I choose and I did by law but since it offended someone are we saying I didn't have the right to be on that corner, with my husband and child trying to cross the street to get to the bus stop? I have a feeling that might ring true in some readers ears here (not necessarily those who post) but of course it is not true and that is why, thanks to fighters for equal rights, we have anti bullying laws and hate crime laws. Of course it does not change anothers belief but at least it helps make that sort of hatred not be so easily expressed and accepted.

I should have realized that word would be censored and I am okay with that...I am sure most everyone got the gist of it....if not let me know and I will explain.

kelp1961's photo
Sat 11/19/11 09:20 AM
This strays abit from the topic I do apologize for that but I felt like sharing a little story.
This thread and some of the comments reminds me of when I was a young wife with a young child walking down the street with my husband and daughter in 1980 Riverside California, when suddently someone drives up behind us and yells, ****** lover. I believed I had a right to love and be with whomever I choose and I did by law but since it offended someone are we saying I didn't have the right to be on that corner, with my husband and child trying to cross the street to get to the bus stop? I have a feeling that might ring true in some readers ears here (not necessarily those who post) but of course it is not true and that is why, thanks to fighters for equal rights, we have anti bullying laws and hate crime laws. Of course it does not change anothers belief but at least it helps make that sort of hatred not be so easily expressed and accepted.

kelp1961's photo
Fri 11/18/11 10:51 PM
up to 2008, I trained in martial arts, the forms or poomsaes helped to draw attn away from the stresser as you have to focus on your breathing, your pace, the form itself... but...for me, nothing relieved the stress better than getting the frustration out by putting on some gloves and punching and kicking the hell out of a heavy bag...to the point of exhaustion. I highly recommend it for anyone not finding relief by other means...For me stress these days is nothing compared to past years so it is pretty easy to deal with. Mingling seems to be just enough.:smile:

kelp1961's photo
Wed 11/16/11 10:19 PM
agreed to all of the above....and will add...get help...if you have tried before and you slipped back into it...don't fool yourself into thinking that you simply chose to do so...have no doubt you are addicted to the nicotine..Get in to see a doctor, let him/her know you are serious...there are lots of smoking cessation groups, there are loads of meds and devices to help too..good luck!

kelp1961's photo
Wed 11/16/11 08:09 PM
oh so precious!! Great picture! Thanks for sharing..I have a 14 yr old grandson as well...with his little mustache and funny deep voice. smile2

kelp1961's photo
Wed 11/16/11 07:35 PM
Edited by kelp1961 on Wed 11/16/11 07:37 PM

sure glad you posted that. it reminded me that tonight is trash night slaphead

manO's talking trash, again?

kelp1961's photo
Wed 11/16/11 07:14 PM

If you come over to see us, come on in...if your coming over to see my house,please make an appointment.

Love it!!!

kelp1961's photo
Wed 11/16/11 07:13 PM
along with all of the above....pet hair and muddy paw prints etc..means, compassionate people live here with purring kitty's and loyal friends.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25