Community > Posts By > kelp1961

kelp1961's photo
Wed 11/16/11 06:43 PM

I think you guys would be proud of me. Michael also had a set of keys as he was my I.C.E. person. I knew if I waited for him to come over here, he could ask to step inside and say NO and make a fuss. SO I drove clear to his work in Camarillo, there are cameras everywhere. I brought him his stuff and got the keys back and told him that as long as he keeps having contact with me that it's just going to hurt me more and also ruin any relationships I have. Which it already cost me one person who I had a great affinity form. I told him that he is not to come by or phone. He wanted to phone. I told him NO that if he had something to say to email me if it was that important.

:thumbsup:

kelp1961's photo
Tue 11/15/11 09:06 PM
I think for you...NOW is too soon.

I think maybe you are actually going thru the proper grieving process now...if you went right into another relationsip after the marriage you haven't had time to grieve...it's a process and must be honored....and needs to be done before a new relationship.

I suppse I may be out of line here but I have to say, just to help you along your way and just based on a few things you have said here, as great as he may have been for you in some ways, the man (your ex husband) sounds controlling. Sounds like you did the right thing by letting him go...time to finish it off. Treasure the good memories but don't let them blind you to the bad...just yet.

I did a quick search for stages of grief after divorce. Saw lot's of information that could be helpful. Read a little and see if you don't see yourself, I did. (thinking back 20 years)

kelp1961's photo
Tue 11/15/11 07:52 PM

Hai Kelp 1961, human relationship is better then pets. B my friend.

Ummm...how should I say this? Oh, I know..NO!

kelp1961's photo
Tue 11/15/11 07:15 PM
Single. Ugh!...who has time anyway?

kelp1961's photo
Mon 11/14/11 08:24 PM
nope not today..I should call #2 daughter...she is always good with showing her momma some love.

kelp1961's photo
Mon 11/14/11 08:18 PM
yep..still single

kelp1961's photo
Mon 11/14/11 07:49 PM

Well been a hell of a 24 hours.

Grandson in and out of dental surgery ok on one coast.

83 yr. old Dad in the ER his espohogus completly blocked so another dangerous procedure that he vaguely remembers and I am more of a zombie than much else after up all night in a chaotic ER. And most of the day trying to get insurance to reassign a new Primary care Doctor to get what needs to be done so.

Got my results finally. Right between the eyes somewhat because the news while not the problem I expected is not going to be an easy one to solve. More tests and probably something more when already I am so tired of medical crapola. Ok put my big girl pants on and just do it. Well maybe tomorrow. Tonight I am crawling in the bed and catching some zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Ahh...flowers here's hoping for a good nights sleep! Things always feel at least a little better in the morning.

kelp1961's photo
Mon 11/14/11 07:33 PM

Yeah, baby!!
:thumbsup:

kelp1961's photo
Mon 11/14/11 07:14 PM
enjoying our e-mail exchanges, It really is too bad you are not closer, like 2,460 miles closer!!...or I don't know, maybe it is a good thing....time will tell.

kelp1961's photo
Sun 11/13/11 08:43 PM

Mental health problems have come more to the fore since famous people eg Steven Fry(Bi-Polar Disorder) have openly spoken of their condition.

It has been generally 'swept under the carpet'and those horrific attacks that make the headlines add to the negative thoughts on mental health.There are those who are extremely ill and should be getting the treatment required-hospitalisation.

Many others are in therapy and it has been very sccessful-people becoming 'enabled' rather than 'disabled'

The brain is a very complex organ and an individuals life can impact on them in different ways.

If you met someone and got on well and liked them and they were open and honest by telling you early on that they had problems-would you stay or go?

that's a tough call. I think it would depend on alot of other variables relative to that person, their degree of illness etc and about yourself and what you have going on in your life. You would be one up on many of us who ended up in relationships with troubled souls with no diagnosis; at least you know what you are dealing with from the get go. If you don't get caught in the trap that 'all they need is love' pattern, and the 'I can't leave them now' cycle...and maintain your instincts for self perservation then you could have a delightful relationship....seems it certainly wouldn't be boring anyway.

kelp1961's photo
Sun 11/13/11 12:41 AM
washer

kelp1961's photo
Sun 11/13/11 12:23 AM
same as it ever was, same as it ever was...

kelp1961's photo
Sun 11/13/11 12:22 AM
nope not yet...since everyone is sleeping..which I should be doing...least it will be warmer

kelp1961's photo
Sun 11/13/11 12:16 AM
thinking I do not like to be cold

kelp1961's photo
Sat 11/12/11 11:56 PM

Something that truly made my heart melt, was watching this giant 6'3 bloke, ex special forces, self appointed hardarse, dissolve..completely unravel...all by this tiny 5lb15oz being.

This pic expresses all the tenderness, and vulnerability he is feeling for his new daughter...his giant hands, open across her body, his shoulders tucked around, and his chin protecting the top of her head....her head placed against his heart...

Lara Lee has busted open a whole family of hearts, in her tiny little presence.:heart:

it is a very lovely picture...I noticed it a few days ago and wondered about it..visited your profile for a clue...I only just found this thread...congrats to Dad, Mom. Grandma and your whole mobflowers

kelp1961's photo
Sat 11/12/11 11:42 PM

Mg.
When people come here for a 'date', they
don't mean todays date.
It's a concept thing.

laugh rofl Now THAT was funny!!!

kelp1961's photo
Thu 11/10/11 07:25 AM

hmmm...realistically there probably wouldnt' be enough time to see it thru and I can already see what a logistics nightmare it would be but what the hell we're just dreaming here, right.?
I think I'd buy up some of the empty/foreclosured houses in the hood (at todays values I should be able to get a great number)...have them all fixed up real nice....then give them away to family and friends to start with, keep a trust fund established to pay the property taxes and maintain the value for a while. Maybe I would even ...payoff some mortgages for people who are completely under water in their loans but are trying to see it thru. This would help keep a roof over their heads and maybe give my little hood a new beginning or a better chance of getting thru this craziness.

actually you probably wouldn;t need mortgages I like this idea! I could see myself doing something like that back home - buy some land near my beach house and donate it to the nature conservancy - and there would still be plenty left to give to the kids! (including use of the beach house)!!

waving thanks...love your pic btw...right, no new debt...I would payoff other peoples mortgages...some of my neighbors, especially those who are fighting so hard to keep our hood above water...I like your idea too...hmmmm, I wonder if I have enough money left to do something like that..Ruth, can I have some more money please? I've got more work to do....oh I suppse you better give me a little more time too.:banana:

kelp1961's photo
Wed 11/09/11 08:57 PM
hmmm...realistically there probably wouldnt' be enough time to see it thru and I can already see what a logistics nightmare it would be but what the hell we're just dreaming here, right.?
I think I'd buy up some of the empty/foreclosured houses in the hood (at todays values I should be able to get a great number)...have them all fixed up real nice....then give them away to family and friends to start with, keep a trust fund established to pay the property taxes and maintain the value for a while. Maybe I would even ...payoff some mortgages for people who are completely under water in their loans but are trying to see it thru. This would help keep a roof over their heads and maybe give my little hood a new beginning or a better chance of getting thru this craziness.

kelp1961's photo
Tue 11/08/11 10:32 PM
Edited by kelp1961 on Tue 11/08/11 10:48 PM

alright, we've got a live one :banana:

Another notch on your gun??whoa whoa

Oh well, she'll learn!!tongue2

Oh...welcome to the site fifficflowerforyou
hey....you're trying to make me out as a playa :angry:

oh the verdict is in Mr. manO...I am sure the ladies all agree you are THE playa...:wink:
WHAT ? surprised
btw I fixed it for you :wink:

Lol. Oh right. oops That IS much better. :thumbsup: thanks

kelp1961's photo
Tue 11/08/11 08:07 PM

i see. well what side can you most argue with....more government or less? look at what they've done with increasing tax on fast food in an "attempt" to get Americans to consume less junk. Or an increase in cigarette taxes to reduce the appeal.

I'm leaning towards less government, as of now.

Just remember, while it helps, it doesn't have to be somethng you actually buy into or believe...just pick a topic and a side..and start writing. Do you have to reference sources?....do you have sources at this late hour for a new topic?

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25