Community > Posts By > teadipper

teadipper's photo
Thu 08/09/12 03:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

I know you are probably wondering what the heck I am doing in here. I am seriously only dating guys over 50 more preferably 55 now. I find the ones younger than me who are not taken are not taken for a darn good reason. So many single 40 somethings have no idea what the heck they want. I know my life was crazy for a long time but it's pretty normal now and I just want a normal guy not some man child. My meds are working. Though my hobbies are not the most exciting, my finances, etc. are okay. Things are good. I had a couple great loves of my life and they were both in their 50s. I find we have more in common. I find they actually remember stuff like get well cards and that stuff matters to me. So if anyone older is interested in me or even just wants to be friends, please write.

teadipper's photo
Wed 08/01/12 04:41 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would tell you because I knew my friends would be happy for me. I had given up on dating after the gun freak PTSD guy. Then Joseph walked into my life. He is Creole. He treats me extremely well. His best friends, Mindy and Nicole, treat me like I am their sister. Joe's family is nice to me. You can see a picture of him on my profile. What is funny is because I am mixed, I have a wide nose and big butt and look like his grandmother. LOL.

teadipper's photo
Tue 07/24/12 05:27 PM
A lot of scammers are signing everything "Cheers" these days.

teadipper's photo
Sun 07/22/12 11:54 AM
It all depends on the person. If I like the person, I do not see it as a barrier to dating them. Just about everybody is mixed these days that I know anyway. My dad is part native. I just put "white/Caucasian" on forms that ask because it's easier than trying to explain that I am mixed when I look "white".

teadipper's photo
Sun 07/22/12 01:20 AM

You can't really know someone until you spend real time with them. The problem with LD relationships is that there is no way to have that casual beginning of getting to know someone with no pressure. There's no chance to date before deciding if this is a relationship you want to commit to. A plane trip IS a commitment of sorts. As opposed to a cup of coffee or a beer and some dinner.

Of course, I see it work here from time to time, but it has never worked for me. It may be that my situation is different and I blame the LD part when there are other factors involved. Nonetheless, I cannot see myself attempting an LDR again.

I totally agree with Ruth on this. You all know I ran off to Texas with my LDR and he played nice until my stuff was delivered and then he felt he owned me. I can say that because I did NOT meet him on Mingle. People can play nice nice long distance for a long time. It's a lot harder to hide a person's true nature in person.

Though I crack up at what some people consider a long distance relationship. I had one guy who considered 45 minutes long distance and another willing to drive two hours and considered it local.

teadipper's photo
Sat 07/21/12 06:33 PM
You are a cutie. Too young for me but definitely adorable. Or I should say handsome because no guy wants to be adorable and cute.

Ya, you do not want to mention past relationships. It's a new relationship killer. I am quite guilty of it.

I think you need to put more in your profile. Things you like to do, etc.

teadipper's photo
Sat 07/21/12 05:55 PM

I'm living my long held dream of life on a tropical island.....and have been living in Bali Indonesia for three months now.
My problem is that lately every other day or so I seem to feel so overwhelmed with the difficulties involved with just living in a new culture that I find myself staying at home rather than getting out and about.
I knew I would face many challenges coming here, but the one I didn't expect was loneliness , I'm lonely for female friends and lonely for someone to speak English with who can understand what I'm saying!
Don't get me wrong ,the people here are very friendly and I have made some good local friends, but they are male and it's not quite the same as talking to a female friend.
I'm also hampered by my inexperience at riding a scooter, sometimes I feel quite brave about riding in the Bali traffic and then other days I'm so frightened by it that I just can't go on the main roads, so then it is difficult to get anywhere and so I feel isolated. I know I'm sounding like a sook, but that's how I'm feeling.
It would be great to hear from anyone else who has experienced this kind of situation, and how they overcame it, I'm actually getting to the point of thinking maybe I should just sell up and go back to Aussie .
Any advice will be gratefully recieved

JUMPING UP AND DOWN. I'll be your friend. Write me Write me.

teadipper's photo
Sat 07/21/12 05:54 PM

I don't wanna be single...help!

Aw stop it, you know I would run off with you or Boone in a heart beat. Just one of you has to decide you want me.

I am single yet again.

teadipper's photo
Sat 07/21/12 05:51 PM
I am fine with it. I think he was more emotional than me but held back. I reached out to shake his hand and said "Friends?" I had to pull my hand out of his grasp. He was still holding on.

It's best that I found out now only a month into it. I have enough problems without a guy who has them too.

teadipper's photo
Sat 07/21/12 12:12 PM
I was dating a guy I had met, not on Mingle, and he wanted to read about my bipolar so I gave him a book. He recognized that he is not quite right in the noggin himself and we broke up because he realized he was too messed up to be in a relationship. I am doing really well on my latest treatment. He was serious about it. It wasn't a "It's not you. It's me". He seriously recognized something was up with him.

I had started seeing red flags and you guys even pointed out some as did other people. I am glad I got out when I did but I have a kind of weird feeling of relief. That it did not go on a long time and then he realized it.

teadipper's photo
Wed 07/18/12 04:46 PM
I'd like to remind anyone looking for a specific ethnicity to date or even hair or eye color or religion, you can do an advanced search for that.

teadipper's photo
Wed 07/18/12 03:05 PM
It's a great first time profile. A for effort. I would go through and fine tune the sentences and paragraphs for those who are picky about that stuff.

teadipper's photo
Wed 07/18/12 03:51 AM
pink t-shirt. There are some fine looking men who are straight who look darn good in pink.

teadipper's photo
Wed 07/18/12 03:50 AM
Looks good for a first draft to me.

teadipper's photo
Tue 07/17/12 07:00 PM
I would give your profile an A. For a first draft, it is excellent. I hope you find some young lasses who are interested in you.

teadipper's photo
Tue 07/17/12 06:57 PM

i agree with u Scott and Krupa not all women want sex all they want is to be loved cared for and they look for a perskn who still loves her or cares for her knowing her true nature .The viewpount has to change someday as change is inevitable :)

What about all the women who want to be loved and cared about AND like sex a lot? I am one of those and I know several others on here.

teadipper's photo
Tue 07/17/12 06:52 PM
I do not have children and have loved a guy with kids. I always say one of his sexiest qualities was that he was such a good dad. Men who step up to their responsibilities are sexy no matter what that may be.

teadipper's photo
Tue 07/17/12 03:43 PM

Be wary of a business where the customer works against you half the time! In the pet industry the customer is usually the pet's worst enemy. People think fish are just a bunch of things you keep in a cube of water and you can just pack them all in just because you like a lot of fish in your tank... yep, that's why they will kill and eat each other, or like many doomed house plants die from a lack of or improper care. My favorite is overfeeding to the point the filters get fouled!

But they look hungry. My mom has a Chihuahua who I say is the dog version of a fish in that she is "always hungry". But those people make all kinds or work for you. Never mind they are killing fish. I suppose if you don't get attached to the fact they are killing fish and they don't blame you (ya right), that it would be lucrative.

teadipper's photo
Tue 07/17/12 03:40 PM
Very nice profile. You get a solid A.

teadipper's photo
Tue 07/17/12 03:34 PM
Hi Destiny. Welcome aboard. Hit your profile to see how old you are. All the guys are going to be after you I am sure. You have an adorable profile.