Community > Posts By > mssilverfox

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 03/28/13 06:20 AM
Good morning Viv and Betty

Hope you ladies are having a good start to this day...Sun is out here but still cold.. Hopefully spring is just around the corner...lol

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 03/28/13 06:15 AM
drinker flowerforyou HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTY flowerforyou drinker

Sorry I'm late but haven't been in a while... Hope you had a beautiful day!!

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 03/27/13 07:10 AM
Good morning minglers!! We had snow over the weekend but not much and its gone already...My neighbor has daffodills blooming so spring should be here soon... We had a big birthday party for family members celebrating bdays in March and April.. As some family live out of state its too hard to get everyone together for each bd..We had a great time!!
Roy, I just bought my son a new set of cookware, hard anodized... his longtime girlfriend moved out and took everything...When I asked if he was getting enough to eat, he said he had spaghetti and sauce but nothing to cook it in...lol

Have a great day! The sun is shining!! bigsmile

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 03/27/13 07:00 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Wed 03/27/13 07:01 AM
At my age, I'm happy to wake up everyday! I still look forward to doing new things, meeting new people and going new places...I am happy with my life, not saying I wouldn't enjoy having a nice someone to share it with... My granddaughter is getting married in June and I've been having fun helping her and making the jewelry for the girls in the wedding.. We also had a big Birthday Party over the weekend. We have a lot of BD's in March and April so we celebrate all at one time..(too hard to get everyone together for each one)...

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 03/16/13 08:12 AM
Good morning everyone.... Been a busy week for me, several drs appointments, a couple out of town, all check ups...Granddaughter was here Monday and she tried on her wedding gown, she looked soooo beautiful, can't wait for the wedding...lol

Roy, so sorry about your uncle..I agree with Viv, you always do a good job..

It's raining here today and will be freezing soon.. Not going anywhere , might even go back to bed for a while..lol

Hope you all have a great day!!!

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 03/16/13 07:56 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Sat 03/16/13 07:58 AM

It means only 5 more days till I get birthday cake. :)

Another March birthday! Congrats Penny and MG!! My son, daughter and I all have March birthdays...

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 03/11/13 06:37 AM
Morning everyone, Had a beautiful day yesterday (65 and sunny) but back to overcast today...Hurry up spring!! Going with my gdaughter to try her wedding gown on..I'm excited!

Sorry to hear about your Jeep, Don..just when you really need it..isn't that the way it always happens? frustrated

Have a good and safe trip Glenda..:smile:

Have a great day all, I'm off to the gym!

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 03/09/13 06:45 AM
Morning everyone, Sun is shining here Don, although it's cold (27) going up to 40's today and 55 tomorrow.. bigsmile :banana:

I have a busy week end with visiting family.. Hope you all have a great weekend!!

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 03/08/13 01:52 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Soufie!! Hope it was a beautiful day!flowerforyou drinker :banana:

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 03/07/13 06:30 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Thu 03/07/13 06:32 AM
Good morning minglers!! Warming up here also and 50's this weekend..Looking like rain right now though...

I hardly ever have overnight company but my granddaughter is coming Fri evening from Virginia and will be staying here for a few days..She's going for a fittin on her wedding dress and I get to go along...bigsmile
Also, my brothers stepdaughter is in Illinois on business and is driving over on Sat..She will just be here one night but will be nice to see her again..

Have a nice weekend everyone, I'm cleaning house today..:smile:

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 03/04/13 01:29 PM
Prayers for your aunt and your family Daniel... My cousin was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and is a stage 4.. The drs give him about a month.. His life has been a tough one as he had polio in the first grade and has had lots of health problems all his life.. What makes it bad is he lives in Florida with no family there (his brother and aunt have passed away) so we can't visit with him...

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 03/03/13 07:15 AM
Morning minglers, We have snow again (a few inches), damn that groundhog!!! laugh laugh

Spent a few hours at my grandsons house last night with my daughter and hubby and Anthonys inlaws.. Had a nice evening with great food..
Hope everybody has a beautiful day!! drinker

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 03/02/13 08:02 AM
So sorry to hear about your daughter Carol...Thoughts and prayers for her and you..Hope she feels better soon..flowerforyou

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 03/02/13 07:54 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Sat 03/02/13 07:55 AM
<-<-<- Still don't know how to post pics but this is a pic of me and my mom.. I was about 1 1/2- 2 yrs old...

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 03/01/13 10:55 PM

Glenda..remember ....no dancing on tables tonight!!!:wink:

Glad you're better!!

Found out today..we'll be leaving next Friday for Houston.

So you'll be here on the 8th? That's Tim McGraw night...Saturday will be Band Perry. Email me the girl's show schedule if you like, or let me know when you'll be around!

It turned out I couldn't wear my boots because the seam is right where the incision site is and it's still too tender. Boo hiss...somehow athletic shoes don't seem "right" at rodeo but it's a step in the right direction so I'm still pretty happy! BUT...when I CAN wear boots, I'm definitely getting the ones that have been on my wish list for the last 6 months!
http://www.sheplers.com/Womens/Cowgirl-Boots/Cowgirl-Boots/Lucchese-1883-Burnished-Red-Mad-Dog-Goat-Skin-Cowgirl-Boots-Snip-Toe/pc/2/c/82/sc/83/3555.pro?source=AdWords_ProductExtensions&kw={keyword}&gclid=CNDBsqbt2rUCFQSynQodlycAMg

(And the Zac Brown Band concert was great, as usual...they do a great show!)

Great looking boots Glenda!!!

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 03/01/13 06:42 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Fri 03/01/13 06:43 AM
Good morning everyone..waving

Busy day today, off to the gym soon, get blood tests, and then Walmarts......still cold and snow flurries today...Warm temps, hurry up!! bigsmile

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 03/01/13 06:38 AM

I didn't say anything but I had my stomach reduced on Dec. 11th and have lost 40lbs since then.. While going thru the program (it took me almost 7 mo) I lost another 15 lbs.. I've had a lot of problems with my diabetes the last couple of years and decided to have the surgery.. Just one nite in the hospital and it was done laprascopic....My stomach is now the size of a large hotdog....Although I was sore, I didn't need any pain meds (after coming home) and was off my blood pressure and insulin meds within 3 days after surgery.. I feel better than I have in 15 yrs...bigsmile

That is so wonderful not to need the meds. Spring is just around the corner, imagine how great it will feel to get outside without your winter coat. I'm so happy that the surgery came out so well for youflowerforyou

Thank you jemare....I'm looking forward to the warmer weather..flowerforyou

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 02/28/13 06:48 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Thu 02/28/13 06:51 AM

Morning y'all!

Carole...good shopping trip!...but more importantly, how did you lose 55 pounds????

I didn't say anything but I had my stomach reduced on Dec. 11th and have lost 40lbs since then.. While going thru the program (it took me almost 7 mo) I lost another 15 lbs.. I've had a lot of problems with my diabetes the last couple of years and decided to have the surgery.. Just one nite in the hospital and it was done laprascopic....My stomach is now the size of a large hotdog....Although I was sore, I didn't need any pain meds (after coming home) and was off my blood pressure and insulin meds within 3 days after surgery.. I feel better than I have in 15 yrs...bigsmile

I was shopping at Elder-Beermans (same as BonTon)..

That's wonderful Carole..I hope you continue doing well!flowerforyou

Thanks Viv, it's a new way of life but it was worth it..

My sister had that done years ago..They warned her that her stomach would stretch again, if she didn't watch her diet..It was wonderful to see the weight come off her !
I had my complete colon removed in 2000..it hasn't helped me to lose weight at all!!laugh

Yes, that can happen...I had the newest procedure which is called "the sleeve"...they staple off and suck out 2/3 of your stomach...
Morning everyone, maybe getting some snow today but now it is cold and raining...
Glenda, Hope you get that cast removed but there's still healing going on inside.. Take it easy!

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 02/28/13 06:42 AM
Recently on Dr. Phil show they had a woman that was involved with a man (had never met him) and he had scammed thousands of dollars from her. She still wouldn't believe all the evidence the had against him, just didn't want to admit she had been taken.. She had taken all her money out of the bank, borrowed from friends and family and actually believed he had money put in her name in the Bahamas...

I have been contacted by many scammers here and other sites, just report and block...and be careful.

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 02/27/13 05:27 PM

Morning y'all!

Carole...good shopping trip!...but more importantly, how did you lose 55 pounds????

I was shopping at Elder-Beermans (same as BonTon)..

That's wonderful Carole..I hope you continue doing well!flowerforyou

Thanks Viv, it's a new way of life but it was worth it..