Community > Posts By > funkyfranky

no photo
Thu 03/12/15 03:06 PM
The man is a racist. He also had a go at the beautiful people of my City a couple of weeks ago so I don't like him for those two reasons alone. He's also a pompous arse hole, another reason I don't like him.

no photo
Thu 03/12/15 02:49 PM
Edited by funkyfranky on Thu 03/12/15 02:50 PM

To start a brouhaha, just mention institutional racism, and watch the sparks start flying. That topic is debated in part because people have different ideas as to what institutional racism is.

Here is the definition of "institutional racism" given by the Aspen Institute: "Institutional racism refers to the policies and practices within and across institutions that, intentionally or not, produce outcomes that chronically favor, or put a racial group at a disadvantage."

According to this definition, institutional racism can occur even if there is no intent to produce an outcome that favors one race over another. Institutional racism can occur even if members of an institution aren't individually racist.

As stated by the American Psychological Association, "Policies which result in unequal outcomes for individuals of different races can also be considered a form of institutional racism." As the National Association of Social Workers defines it, institutional racism "is the combination of polices, practices, or procedures embedded in bureaucratic structure that systematically lead to unequal outcomes for groups of people."

Institutional racism doesn't necessarily imply that it is a phenomenon limited to only one racial group. For example, institutional racism is clearly seen in the modern-day existence of all-black fraternities and sororities. During an era in which racial integration is supposed to be the desired norm, such fraternities and sororities appear to contradict the principle that "all men are created equal". These days, an organization for blacks only is just as racist as an organization for whites only. Whenever people say or imply that they don't want to have you as one of their members because you aren't the same race as them, racism has reared its ugly head.

Sometimes, people aren't aware of the non-verbal messages that they send out to others of different races. For example, when a fraternity boasts about being the only modern-day fraternity to originate in the antebellum South, outsiders might interpret that boast to mean that the fraternity is proud to have a racist past, because plenty of people equate the antebellum South with racism. The same is true whenever a fraternity makes the Confederate battle flag one of its symbols. Fraternity members may say that they are racially inclusive, but their symbols may give others the opposite impression, resulting in others avoiding pledging that fraternity, in turn resulting in few people of other races being in that fraternity.

Even the behavior of an organization can give a racist message. This happens when an organization holds a party that promotes a racial stereotype.

Likewise, when an an organization advertises itself as being a black organization, the message given is that non-blacks aren't welcome in that organization or that non-blacks should stay away. The Black Entertainment Television network, for example, might have a larger audience (hence, better ratings) if it had a name that wasn't race-specific.

If one wants to see cases of institutional racism in politics, then one merely needs to look at the Democrat policies that keep minority children trapped in poorly-performing schools, the Democrat regulations that prevent minority entrepreneurs from starting their own businesses, the Democrat-promoted laws that drive up the unemployment rate among minorities, the Democrat philosophy which says that minorities can't obtain photo IDs for themselves and can't survive life unless the government is constantly acting as their nanny.

Some of the same people who complain about institutional racism also support those who create it. Ironic isn't it?

MOBO awards, while you're creeping clarify that.

no photo
Wed 03/11/15 01:48 PM
Institutional racism. Don't make me laugh. More like institutional self pity.
Some people love to be the victim. Neurotic mentality.

no photo
Sun 03/08/15 01:08 AM
Stop the world I want to get off.

no photo
Sun 03/08/15 01:03 AM
Hi Zippy, tea for twoflowerforyou

no photo
Sun 03/08/15 12:50 AM

I hope it exists.
When will I stand next to someone doing the dishes, you wash and I'll dry kinda thing.
Now that's a groovy kind of love.

Talk about melting the heart, simple but so profound Joe.
Whenever I see one of your posts I think about the time you defended me and supported me on here, remember when that guy was being nasty cos I'm gay.
Thanks again Sir.
Now on to more serious things, has the last thing you built fallen down yet lolflowerforyou

no photo
Sun 03/08/15 12:34 AM
Estelle I defended you on here last week and insulted someone. How stupid was I. It seems I was defending the indefensible. Your sperm donor remark is immature to say the least.

no photo
Sun 03/08/15 12:29 AM
When will our Pinky meet the nice guy she deservesflowerforyou

no photo
Sat 03/07/15 11:40 PM

Ireland has had a history of siding with the muslims, and i'm thinking it has to do with your dislike for the Jews... the enemy of my enemy is my friend?... you tell me...

Thanks Mightymoe for at least engaging me in debate. Look, you are probably correct when you assert that the Irish are quite sympathetic to the Palestinians and their plight.

Please don't take the view that the Irish hate the Jews. That would be wrongheaded.

We view the Jewish people in a manner similar to the manner we opine the British, (for obvious reasons).

For a so called Journalist you make a lot of mistakes, in fact so many it's hard to take you serious or believe anything you say, but that applies to most journalists.
I find your snide remark about the British highly offensive.
Please forgive us our mistakes and let's move on for a brighter more peaceful future for all.

no photo
Sat 03/07/15 11:23 PM

Am too broke is jst you ladies ur negligent for me why Mara even you outsyd my country women?

Sir please allow me to give you some advice, there is nothing more off putting than complete gibberish.

Welcome

no photo
Sat 03/07/15 11:14 PM

let those without sin cast out the first stone.... and he above is the biggest stone thrower of them all..

You do realize that once the bible belt gets wind of this topic they will come down on you like a giant dump.
A lot of them on here are in fact divorced, and besides, if you repent your sins everything will be forgiven anyway, isn't that great.

no photo
Sat 03/07/15 11:05 PM

anyone happen to catch obarry's speech today? brilliant wasn't it. talking about how far we've come while black children are still being gunned down by cops. what a fuc*ing joke! the only reason you hear people cheering for this idiot is because they probably don't let anyone be there that isn't a supporter. this guy makes me sick. wants to take our 2nd amendment right away from us while cops are murdering people on a daily basis. now cops are getting armored vehicles and military surplus weapons? wow we r screwed. so let me get this right Obama, you want us to give up our guns? while murderers with badges are getting military grade weapons and vehicles? like wtf! the whole reason we have the 2nd amendment is so we cant be overpowered by our government in the event tyranny shows its ugly face. federal government is just a mafia with state and local government as the underbosses and police as the enforcers, that's really all it is.

Hi Mr Tomato, I take it you're not his biggest fan then.

You're a very handsome guy by the way, a little off topic but who cares.

no photo
Sat 03/07/15 10:50 PM

pagan ,heathens.. the both of you..
. I cast you out of this sacred holy ground....lol..:wink: ....drinker

We have a lot to thank the Pagans for, like candles on a birthday cake.
This topic got me thinking, who does God repent his sins too, well let's face it, he's hardly whiter than white himself now is he. I'll ask him in church later.

no photo
Thu 03/05/15 04:34 PM
I miss Mingle sometimes
Goodnight all you sane peopleflowerforyou
Goodnight all you crazies tooflowerforyou

no photo
Thu 03/05/15 04:29 PM

It's frustrating because I know women find me sexually attractive but because they're so stubborn on the connection thing I keep being denied access. One thing I've learned during my time on dating sites is that women have no compassion when it comes to men's needs. I wouldn't have the heart to do that to them though. If I had a headache or a cold or something I'd still try to please her, even if all I can manage is a quicky.

laugh
You are such a flirt at times

no photo
Thu 03/05/15 04:21 PM
Hair pulling is nice, but not too rough tho lol

no photo
Thu 03/05/15 04:12 PM

pissed with this dating site-tried to posts my own two topics which have been deleted twice bc they were in the wrong FFFFFF forum

Oh Dear, just take a few deep breaths. You'll soon get the hang of things

no photo
Thu 03/05/15 04:10 PM

Vodka for me please, double Grey Goose and coke, plenty of ice and a slice, stir once and once only.

Welcome to the madhouse.

That'll do it. drinker :banana:

Miss ya Franky.flowerforyou

You tooflowerforyou

no photo
Thu 03/05/15 04:08 PM

Excited...

Puppiesflowerforyou

no photo
Thu 03/05/15 04:07 PM

Tired..goodnight everyone flowerforyou :heart: waving

Puppiesflowerforyou