Community > Posts By > littleredhen

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 11:30 AM
OMG I hope noone was hurt!

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:57 AM

HELL NO! Can't take care of business? That is a total lack of responsibility and it also could be a sign of a TOTAL drug addict.
That is also a red flag issue!

If they can't pay their bills what makes you think they can take care of business or not stab you in the back later?

Move along!!!

Or maybe it's because of a medical crisis or they lost their job or don't make enough money. Sometimes life deals some cards that make good credit more difficult to obtain.

It's not always a "total lack of responsibility".

It could happen to any one of us in a blink of an eye.

I recently went to the ER & am expecting major bills. I week later the engine in my car blew. They bills haven't arrived yet & I am already working more & spending less to prepare. I have the credit to buy another car or replace the engine, but rather then overextending myself I bought a 700.00 truck, just to get to work. I will arrange to make small payments on the bill & it will be fine. No more eating out, no more magazines,I am eating ramen noodles, oatmeal & hot dogs right now but I am not going to ruin my credit & chance for buying land. Now if a pretty boy with fun toys asks me out fine. I am not playing 20 questions about his finances. If pretty boy is evicted for not paying his rent & wants to live with me my answer would be NO sell your toys & pay your bills.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:44 AM
The issue that is important to me is not have much someone makes, has in the bank,or thier credit score. It's handleing thier finacial affairs with integrity.

I make less than 10.00 an hour & have good credit because I live within my means.I live in a 17 year old mobile home in a trailer park.I currently drive a 1989 Chevy truck, & am working OT & saving to replace the engine in my 2001 Saturn, which is the nicest car I have ever owned.
I have dated men that make much more than I do that simply do not understand that bills come before toys & partying. I am not looking for a man to pay my way, but I sure as hell am not going to live with someone who puts new golf clubs & 40.00 worth of drinks ahead of the electric bill & car payment.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:26 AM
Edited by littleredhen on Fri 01/02/09 10:27 AM

Bottom line is I wouldn't marry someone I was incompatible with. And dramatically different views on money and credit would certainly qualify as incompatible.

Agreed. Basic values & common goals are important. Finicial issues are a part of this.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:24 AM
Edited by littleredhen on Fri 01/02/09 10:27 AM

you mean there are still people who have credit?

Yep, I do, I have been careful about paying all my bills on time & not overextending myself. I recently got an increase on a credit card. I don't plan on using it though. I limit myself to waht I know I can afford, not what creditors tell me I can have.

Those of us who have used credit wisely & lived within our means may come out of this recession with better off . Falling house prices & interest rates are just the oppourtunity I have been waiting for.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 12:23 AM
1-800-mischievious

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 12:20 AM
1-800-smiles

The sky is falling - that was Chicken Little.

The little Red Hen baked bread all by herself.

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 12:14 AM
1-800-adorable

no photo
Fri 01/02/09 12:07 AM
1-800-hopeful

no photo
Thu 01/01/09 11:31 PM

I was raised by an old fashioned Southren belle. I'd rather the man makes the 1st move.
winking

smitten

no photo
Thu 01/01/09 11:28 PM
I was raised by an old fashioned Southren belle. I'd rather the man makes the 1st move.

no photo
Thu 01/01/09 11:08 PM

Most women ( not all ) are looking for a fella that is ' financially secure ' because they want the nice car, they want the nice house.

If a dude doesn't have very good credit, the chances of him being able to provide those things for her are pretty slim.

That means that she is going to go on to the next fella who may be more able to provide those things.

Not to mention....I have yet to hear any woman say " I want a guy that isn't great to look at, who has no money and a bad credit history. That's my dream man. " lol

I have a nice enough home. I have transportation. I don't need a man to get these things for me, & I am even willing to share, but I sure as hell am not going to let someone move in that will run up the bills & not help pay them. The last guy I was involved with wanted to move in a week after we started dating. He lied to me about everything. Everyone that knows him, even his family agrees that if I had let him move in I would have lost everything I have worked for.

He was so screwed up his mother gave him money to buy a battery for his truck TWICE & he didn't do it. He spent the money on golfing once, & paintball the 2nd time. The 3rd time his dad went to the store & bought the battery. I thought "what the hell?" no way am I going to put up with this!

He figured I was desperate enough to play that game, but NO WAY. So does this make me a bad person? Do you think I love my money too much to have a relationship?

I may be old,fat& ugly, but I'm not desperate & stupid!

no photo
Thu 01/01/09 08:57 PM
You seem nice, but I don't think we share common interests & goals.

no photo
Thu 01/01/09 08:47 PM
In the past my life "fell apart" because I was depending on others. Now I depend on myself & with regular matinence my life runs pretty smoothly.

no photo
Thu 01/01/09 08:35 PM
What's the normal oil pressure for a chevy 305 at idle & at cruising speed? Would it be the same?

no photo
Thu 01/01/09 08:26 PM
Edited by littleredhen on Thu 01/01/09 08:27 PM

honest yes, but what im wondering is if sometimes you can be a lil TOO honest when tellin a person somethin like that. i think most men would prefer being lied to and have her tell them "you rocked my world" lol

I have to stand by honesty..There are ways to say things with out destroying someone. If and when you have to destroy someone by being honest then in my opinion you aren't being honest you are being cruel.
I grew up with the lesson of allowing the other person to have their dignity and pride if at all possible. I adhere to this in all that I do. I will not knowing hurt someone by my subjective honesty. I will state how I feel and not lie to him.
Most of all I will not lie to myself.

Ah, I should have kept reading. Well said Sitka!

no photo
Thu 01/01/09 08:25 PM

ah but is it 100% honesty? ive a friend whos girl recently let him know that he was the worst lay she had ever had. she didnt do it in a mean way, just being honest. it still tho just absoloutley crushed him!

That's not honesty. That's cruelty.

no photo
Thu 01/01/09 08:18 PM

It seems to me that some people would rather grow old alone and be surrounded with "stuff." Hey, if that's your thing it's all good, but stuff doesn't fill my soul. If a woman is willing to be my partner and is a decent, honest, and loving soul I couldn't care less if she does not have the proverbial pot to piss in

Damn, you hit the nail on the head for me.drinker flowerforyou

Kitten you know I am not selfish & money loving, but I have been out on the street because I trusted someone & I have worked too hard & sacrificed too much to risk losing what little I have to a lying user.

When someone has to have live a lifestyle way beyond their income it's a red flag.

When you are "going out" it dosn't matter & you are right, it's none of my business, but when you start thinking about moving in you have to discuss money. I have learned the hard way & I am too old to start over again. I'd rather be single & secure than part of a homeless, hungry couple & the truth is, when it gets to that point most couples split up anyway.

I see where you are coming from. But you don't HAVE to have finances together. It can all be seperate. In the end, we are dead and it doesn't matter anymore anyhow.

It isn't easy to keep things so clear cut Hon. when you live together someone has to pay the bills. If you come home & find out the electricity has been cut off & 2 weeks worth of groceries are spoiling because he spent the bill money on pool night,a fight is brewing. It's a sad fact that money is important. Just look how emotional these 2 threads got. If you ignore it & find out you have very different ideas about fiscal responsabilities there is eventually going to be trouble.

no photo
Thu 01/01/09 07:58 PM

It seems to me that some people would rather grow old alone and be surrounded with "stuff." Hey, if that's your thing it's all good, but stuff doesn't fill my soul. If a woman is willing to be my partner and is a decent, honest, and loving soul I couldn't care less if she does not have the proverbial pot to piss in

Damn, you hit the nail on the head for me.drinker flowerforyou

Kitten you know I am not selfish & money loving, but I have been out on the street because I trusted someone & I have worked too hard & sacrificed too much to risk losing what little I have to a lying user.

When someone has to have live a lifestyle way beyond their income it's a red flag.

When you are "going out" it dosn't matter & you are right, it's none of my business, but when you start thinking about moving in you have to discuss money. I have learned the hard way & I am too old to start over again. I'd rather be single & secure than part of a homeless, hungry couple & the truth is, when it gets to that point most couples split up anyway.

no photo
Thu 01/01/09 06:34 PM

Thats a good point. You know your not going to talk about that on a date.

Not on a "date" but at a certain point if you are thinking about living together it needs to be discussed. Money can be a very emotional issue for some people.