Community > Posts By > bzmom01

no photo
Tue 12/16/08 12:22 PM
Well the Drs' are still saying Z'Anna's hearing is fine ,but I'm still not so sure. Even if her hearing is like her vision something is going on. Her poor brain may just be not registaring the sounds, but I as a parent would rather know that than be told it's fine and there really be something wrong that can be corrected. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

no photo
Tue 12/16/08 12:16 PM

My 5 year old had a stroke at 18 months.....sometimes the Drs call his problems CP, sometimes not. He is good now, although his balance doesn't quite work right and his legs are sometimes stiff. At home, he has a great attitude and is active as heck. My main trouble is getting the public school to let him be a little boy and quit shunting him off to the side to "protect" him.

sadly a lot of schools will do that out of fear of what the other kids can do. what you might try is talking to his teachers.....maybe they could find something for him to do to "help". more or less it would be giving him something to do that would make it easier for the teacher to know where he is. worked for my daughter after her accident. if that doesnt work you may end up having to talk to the principal or even the district itself. before they had my daughter "helping" they had her sitting in the office during lunch and recess with all of the kids serving detention, she thought she had done something wrong.

good luck with your son. i will keep both of you in my prayers.
I agree talk to the teachers about getting him to help them. Even if it's sorting papers by students names or picking up homework in the mornings, then passing out homework papers at the end of the day. Make him feel special and not like he's in trouble for something he isn't in trouble for.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 04:32 PM
Sorry I'm having enough fun cleaning mine. If the fact I have a 7 yr old and a 2yr old tells you anything about mine.laugh :tongue:

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 04:26 PM
Don't tell my grandmother you're bored. She'll get you to help clean an already spotless house. LOL Any way what's up?

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 04:20 PM
True the economy doesn't help divorces, but they don't help it either in my opinion

no photo
Sat 12/13/08 04:36 PM

Reason I even asked is my now ex-husband and I were separated and had everything worked out. Just the courts did have to have their 2cents in it all. The divorce ended up costing more than the whole 7 yr marraige.frustrated rant

Next time....(LOL)....or if you know somebody who's going through the parting of ways like this...just sell each other the agreed upon goodies, for $10 each, and do title transfers. That way it's not attached to a divorce, per se.
No see we were living our separate lives. He had his bills I had mine the only thing holding us together was our son and even the child support was settled. We still had to report when we split up what we had and what we didn't.

no photo
Sat 12/13/08 04:31 PM

There's common law marraige why not common law divorce? If you don't pay to get married why should you pay to get a divorce?

Making divorce easier and cheaper would make the already sky-high divorce rate go up further.

True but we may not be as unhappy and in a recession either. Cause you know divorces have to have some effect on the economy.

no photo
Sat 12/13/08 04:26 PM

i am a farther of two beautiful children i love and adore.and would lay my life down for anytime.how ever in the state i live in i have not been abble to adapt to the way people live or think here.so i must move to a place where i can be productive.it means i give up a lot of rights.but in the past my son has shown much anger towards his mom after being with me.so it makes sence that if his niot being around me helps him at home and school.that i should be the bigger parent and stay out of the picture till hes old enough to understand.that i will always be different then his mom.and the love he gets from me will be different.still thinking about his life and education is more important then my want mor need to see him just an example of whatwe as parents should be thinking about.not ourselve
I think thats where the kids get hurt is when one parent steps outta the picture cause they feel like it's their fault and you don't love them anymore. Now if the noncustodial parent is not around from the get go they're the ones losing out. Granted the kids may still unloved by the parent whose not there, but they know who is there and that they are loved by that parent. In my daughters case her dad hasn't seen here since April(she's 2) and I will let her know it is nothing she has done or will ever do that keeps him away. It's his choice to not see her.

no photo
Sat 12/13/08 04:05 PM
Reason I even asked is my now ex-husband and I were separated and had everything worked out. Just the courts did have to have their 2cents in it all. The divorce ended up costing more than the whole 7 yr marraige.frustrated rant

no photo
Sat 12/13/08 04:01 PM

Maybe you just shouldnt get married.
I couldn't agree more. If I'd known then what I know now I wouldnt have.

no photo
Fri 12/12/08 07:50 PM
There's common law marraige why not common law divorce? If you don't pay to get married why should you pay to get a divorce?

no photo
Fri 12/12/08 07:24 PM

How did she get away with only paying $88.00????

I thought and actually, in Oregon were I am at, and mind you, my children are grown, but back when I was getting support, it was ordered to be about 30% of wages earned.

There is also a revised statuted that says you have the right to have the case reviewed every two years....it is the same in your state? How many children do you have with her?

This makes no sense.......

when it was first decreed, she was not making any money at all, thus it was determined from as if she was making minimum wage at fourty hours a week. When she started receiving 1600 a month, I filed to have it changed and basically got the shaft cause I did nto have an attorney. It worked out to between 10 and 11 percent (minimum wage was 5.15 at the time). Even after the minimum wage increased to 8.15 they refused to change it.
So as I said, I need to get an attorney once I can afford one.

::Edit:: and thats figuring off the 88 as support instead of the 67
That don't sound right. The COF or in TX case AG won't help you because you don't have a lawyer. That is screwed up. I know in TX if there's a change in income on the non custodial parents part they adjust the support automatically.

no photo
Fri 12/12/08 06:59 PM

I have a question about places other than TX. Does the non custodial parent who is ordered to pay child support have to pay for or at least a portion of the childs insurance? In TX they have to pay a portion of the insurance if not all of it. In other words both my kids daddys have to pay a portion of their Medicaid. Now if they get insurance that is through their jobs they have to pay it all if I want them to. Since I already have them on Medicaid why take them off.

yes, I should have clarified that. of that 88 dollars only 67 of it is actual support, the balance is for medical expenses
So she is paying for a portion of the medical insurance

no photo
Fri 12/12/08 06:55 PM

I have a question about places other than TX. Does the non custodial parent who is ordered to pay child support have to pay for or at least a portion of the childs insurance? In TX they have to pay a portion of the insurance if not all of it. In other words both my kids daddys have to pay a portion of their Medicaid. Now if they get insurance that is through their jobs they have to pay it all if I want them to. Since I already have them on Medicaid why take them off.

information re: Florida

Medical Support Orders:
We also pursue medical support for the child. This may involve a parent providing health insurance coverage, if reasonably available through an employer, or paying a specific dollar amount toward health insurance for the child. The Child Support Guidelines may include these costs.

Court Orders for Child Support and Health Insurance:
When the court orders child support and health insurance, we use all available remedies to enforce the order. If the noncustodial parent is ordered to provide timely proof of insurance and does not comply with the order, we may contact the employer to enroll the child.

In other words the non-custodial parent has a certain period of time to get insurance if the custodial parent doesn't already have it.

no photo
Fri 12/12/08 06:46 PM

no photo
Fri 12/12/08 06:23 PM

hello, I just read your post & I am sorry to tell you, but all money received is to be reported & it would count as support. This is the law & I think that you know it is. As far as the visits are concerned, the only victims here would be your children & the example that you are sending them, by using the issue as a means of getting back at your ex. You need to think of your children first & not your issues with the ex. If you believe that she is not paying enough support, then take her back to court & ask for more money. Also, let the judge know just how you have handled the situation & you will get an ear full from the judge. In family court, the judge will look at what is best for the kids.
I totally disagree the kids are not the ones suffering. They see who cares enough to bend over backwards for them and NOT ALL the money is reported as child support. Unless it goes through the AG it's a gift I know been there doing that

AG?
Attorney General

no photo
Fri 12/12/08 06:22 PM
I'm sure you can tell I get peeved when it comes to kids suffering in any way. TX law states If the child support is behind then they don't get visitation. I'm like you I fork over the cost for my lil girls dad to see her. I made it known he wasn't paying his child support I not letting him visit. I moved and I let the AG know I moved and asked if I had to notify him and was told I didn't have to unless he started paying.

no photo
Fri 12/12/08 06:06 PM

hello, I just read your post & I am sorry to tell you, but all money received is to be reported & it would count as support. This is the law & I think that you know it is. As far as the visits are concerned, the only victims here would be your children & the example that you are sending them, by using the issue as a means of getting back at your ex. You need to think of your children first & not your issues with the ex. If you believe that she is not paying enough support, then take her back to court & ask for more money. Also, let the judge know just how you have handled the situation & you will get an ear full from the judge. In family court, the judge will look at what is best for the kids.
I totally disagree the kids are not the ones suffering. They see who cares enough to bend over backwards for them and NOT ALL the money is reported as child support. Unless it goes through the AG it's a gift I know been there doing that

no photo
Fri 12/12/08 06:01 PM

I just want to meet the insane judge that thinks you can raise a child on $88 a month.

You need to get that changed!
I agree you need to get that changed FAST. My lil girls dad is supposed to pay 250 a month on the basis he reported he made 300 a week/ 1200 a month. Don't let her walk all over you or the kids.noway surprised noway

no photo
Thu 12/11/08 05:03 PM
I agree tell her

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25