BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 10:35 PM
Im such an insomniac, is anyone elses mind still goin 2, and wanna chit chat?

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 09:07 PM
YES THEY CAN, and thats the only way id ever want it 2

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 09:03 PM

Brandon, that's just it: "When the 'patient' learns it'. Then they're accountable. That's when cognitive behavior comes to the front. At that point, I believe them accountable.

However, you speak only English and have this problem, and I advise you in French: what's your excuse for not following my professional advice? We tend to think sufferers of this problem have ONLY this limitation because it is at the forefront.

Sorry, but sometimes I get spatial.

No woories, I do 2. I think it truly goes back to the idea of self. This world has gotten so far away from natures laws, that the idea of cause and effect are so foreign. Your own cognitive abilities are the bearer of who you are. It is the driving force of self, and when you get away from that, thats when you see problems like these

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 08:41 PM

so how do we 'hold then accountable'
Jail?
Asylums?

Every action has a consequence, thats natures law. I dont think either one is a very viable option unless a crime is commited.
They need to be tought the ways of self control, there are great techniques of self dicipline that anyone can learn

What we shouldnt do is rely on all these seditives, its just a mask to cover the real issue. They cause more problems in the long run anyway

So using this natures law, should we let adult onset diabetes go untreated? It a natural consequence of obesity and inactivity.
Total behavior caused.

Sure we should treat it, by teaching self control. When the patient learns it is there conscience choice to set there on that couch an eat that large pizza, and they realize it is that action that causes there sufficating pancrease to quit producing insulin. When those actions are done way with, and a proper diet is admited into there daily life, and proper exercise is implimented, all done by the idea that we, as the bearer of our own lifes, are in complete control over what we do. Guess what the diabetes is managed nearly 100% of the time (type 2 that is).

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 08:32 PM

All you quoters, and educated elitists, if you ain't loved 'em and lived with 'em, what? Just what do you know? My plain ol' Arkansas hillbilly country IQ is in the top 2% of the world. I was a member of MENSA. Didn't help me deal with loving a bipolar, schizo, MPD. Love did.

You smartasses are on a dating website for God's sake. Brag about that!

Whatever are you talking about?flowerforyou

Love the flowers!

Just seems you both kinda lost the concern and the simple realities some of us plain uneducated folks could use in actually dealing with it - that's all. Not who's bigger. Obviously you're both well-endowed. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, baby.

I have concern. That's why I didn't like someone saying that people were like that because they lack self control. I have cared about mentally ill people and addicts. I have friends in both groups.

You don't know what education I have had. Is that why you felt it was necessary to brag about MENSA? There are others on here that belong to MENSA too. It doesn't make a person better then anybody else just like an education doesn't.

I feel that you are out of line here.

:wink 's

Please dont take my stance as a lack of concern, Its just i think that the umbrella of mental illness is a pseudo science and if people were truly held accountable that it would cease to exist

I'm still disagreeing with ya.laugh flowerforyou

Thats ok, cause im still disagreeing with u 2 :tongue:

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 08:25 PM

so how do we 'hold then accountable'
Jail?
Asylums?

Every action has a consequence, thats natures law. I dont think either one is a very viable option unless a crime is commited.
They need to be tought the ways of self control, there are great techniques of self dicipline that anyone can learn

What we shouldnt do is rely on all these seditives, its just a mask to cover the real issue. They cause more problems in the long run anyway

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 08:11 PM

That's fine. It just seems that the subject became more of a competitive thing rather than a helpful one. Some of us, like me, who care for a bipolar really want something we can use. I understand both views - I'm not unlearned completely - and have not yet made up my mind about what either of you says.

However, you could privatize your argumentation and condense opinions for those of us who are simply trying to deal with and love them. I'm not judging your opinions, but you gotta admit - it probably ain't helping the person who posted wanting help, is it? JMO

I lived with a person with bipolar and MD for almost three years and we have a child together. I email the OP and had a great conversation with him, I sure hope i helped

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 08:08 PM

All you quoters, and educated elitists, if you ain't loved 'em and lived with 'em, what? Just what do you know? My plain ol' Arkansas hillbilly country IQ is in the top 2% of the world. I was a member of MENSA. Didn't help me deal with loving a bipolar, schizo, MPD. Love did.

Love the flowers!

Just seems you both kinda lost the concern and the simple realities some of us plain uneducated folks could use in actually dealing with it - that's all. Not who's bigger. Obviously you're both well-endowed. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, baby.

I have concern. That's why I didn't like someone saying that people were like that because they lack self control. I have cared about mentally ill people and addicts. I have friends in both groups.

You don't know what education I have had. Is that why you felt it was necessary to brag about MENSA? There are others on here that belong to MENSA too. It doesn't make a person better then anybody else just like an education doesn't.

I feel that you are out of line here.

:wink 's

Please dont take my stance as a lack of concern, Its just i think that the umbrella of mental illness is a pseudo science and if people were truly held accountable that it would cease to exist

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 08:01 PM

Love the flowers!

Oooops, sorry bout that. My point was simple, that people should be held accoutable for there actions, thats all, without any outlets for the responsiblity. Chemical imbalances is a touchy subject in the scienticfic community.

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 07:49 PM

What in the world are u talking about? Nobody is an elitist here, were all equal, just expressing our own opinions.

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 11:16 AM
Its weird i know, but i get really constructive, Ill build something, ill get work done that i need to, Ill focus that negitive energy into something positive.

To me its kind of silly to waste that energy by doing something negetive

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 12/29/08 10:23 AM

Brandon,

I disagree with you.flowerforyou

winking
And of course, we can just aggree to disagree, hehe, in the most love filled and respectfull way possible winking

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:17 PM
Edited by BrandonJItaliano on Sun 12/28/08 11:20 PM
Brain injurys are 1 thing, thats a physical manifestation caused from a scientificly identifiable cause. schizophrenics again, are diagnost in such a broad spectrum, ive seen cases of autism diagnost as schizophrenics, so its really not a viable mediem for this discussion.

What erks me is when people react to stimulus in there daily life, and refuse to take responsibilty based on a bogus disease that cant be proven by anyone. Depression is a part of primate Psychology, its called having a conscience and it shouldnt be labeled as an illness! Mood swings are just a part of having a devolped brain, its our responsiblity to use it correctly.

If Toxoplasma has something to due with it, that does explain all those Crazy cat ladies hehe.

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 12/28/08 08:53 PM
Last study i read on the schizohprenia subject, was from Johns Hopkins, stated that there was a direct link between drug use of about 45%, and 75% had a parent with a drug habit. It tends to have a tie with social problems 2. There are absoultly no
laboratory tests to even define it so i think its label again is way over used, there are alot of diseases that are labeled Schizophrenia, kindof on the same definition of epilepsy

There is absoultly NO EVIDENCE that Chemical Imbalances cause any Mental ills, I personally think people are capable to control what they do and alot of these "mental disorders" are just an excuse to blame something else for our own actions.

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 12/28/08 07:01 PM

Dude, i was with a woman that was dually diagnost with bi-polar and manic, after 3 years i left. In my opinion, there is no excuse when it comes to the way u treat a person. She used her "ailment" as an excuse to do absoultly nothing and treat me like crap. I dont blame u 1 bit for ending it, in my opinion, 95% of mental illnesses is just another label for a person who lacks self control!!

It's a chemical imbalance of the brain.

Its a Theory that is horribly over used and with no grounds based in science. If the chemicals and receptors were off, your body would cease to function, causing DEATH. Besides no persons body has a docummented BALANCE of chemicals for there to be an inbalance. Its just Psudo-science, just another cop-out to prevent self responsobilty

I respectfully disagree. I have a background in psych.flowerforyou

What you said doesn't hold water. When a person is addicted to crack, their chemicals are off balance and their synapses have changed. They are not dead. It's documented with cat scans of the brain and blood tests, btw.

I have a strong background in primate psych myself, and with all the love and respect, i know better.

Show me a chemical chart that stats a proven and established chemical balance,because there has to be a balance for there to be an inbalance. Ill bet u cant because there never has been 1. Cat scans are just a tomography machine and they can only show physical abnormalities and do nothing for chemical makeup.

Let me guess, pfizer puts out the blood tests right?

Point is the idea is a theory that has no proof based in science, and in my and alot of other opinions, is junk science and cant and will never be proven

Research what crack does to a brain. You'll find that the dopamine and seratonin gets decreased. Their brain gets re-wired and the receptors/synapses change.

I don't have to find you a chart. I already know the facts.

Bi-polar patients are hospitalized while they take blood tests to see which medicines help the best.

benzoylmethyl ecgonine blocks dopimine transporter protien. Addiction is a physical illness anyway, It causes actual brain, liver and cardiovascular damage.

mental illness is a whole nother ball game, The mental illness umbrella is a load of pseudo scientifical BS that cant be proven because its a man made excuse for there own actions.

Natures machine is the brain controls the body, When people are held accountable for there actions with little to no cop-outs, we will see this junk all go away. Even Pfizer recognizes that its a THEORY, check out the bottom of there Zoloft adds, there advertisements assert that mental illness MAY be due to chemical imbalances in the brain, and that their drugs correct this imbalance.

Addiction becomes a physical illness after the addiction is long term. The brain chemical imbalance starts years before the physical injuries.

Some mental illnesses are chemical imbalances of the brain.

I guess that you think that Alzheimers is about lack of control too.

Hehe, im more educated than that,its cause by amyloid plaques with neurofibrillary tangles, but that is still just a theory. Its obvious that it again is a physical illness, that is completely out of our control unlike our conscience thought and actions

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 12/28/08 06:49 PM

Dude, i was with a woman that was dually diagnost with bi-polar and manic, after 3 years i left. In my opinion, there is no excuse when it comes to the way u treat a person. She used her "ailment" as an excuse to do absoultly nothing and treat me like crap. I dont blame u 1 bit for ending it, in my opinion, 95% of mental illnesses is just another label for a person who lacks self control!!

Its a Theory that is horribly over used and with no grounds based in science. If the chemicals and receptors were off, your body would cease to function, causing DEATH. Besides no persons body has a docummented BALANCE of chemicals for there to be an inbalance. Its just Psudo-science, just another cop-out to prevent self responsobilty

What you said doesn't hold water. When a person is addicted to crack, their chemicals are off balance and their synapses have changed. They are not dead. It's documented with cat scans of the brain and blood tests, btw.

I have a strong background in primate psych myself, and with all the love and respect, i know better.

Show me a chemical chart that stats a proven and established chemical balance,because there has to be a balance for there to be an inbalance. Ill bet u cant because there never has been 1. Cat scans are just a tomography machine and they can only show physical abnormalities and do nothing for chemical makeup.

Point is the idea is a theory that has no proof based in science, and in my and alot of other opinions, is junk science and cant and will never be proven

Research what crack does to a brain. You'll find that the dopamine and seratonin gets decreased. Their brain gets re-wired and the receptors/synapses change.

I don't have to find you a chart. I already know the facts.

Bi-polar patients are hospitalized while they take blood tests to see which medicines help the best.

benzoylmethyl ecgonine blocks dopimine transporter protien. Addiction is a physical illness anyway, It causes actual brain, liver and cardiovascular damage.

mental illness is a whole nother ball game, The mental illness umbrella is a load of pseudo scientifical BS that cant be proven because its a man made excuse for there own actions.

Natures machine is the brain controls the body, When people are held accountable for there actions with little to no cop-outs, we will see this junk all go away. Even Pfizer recognizes that its a THEORY, check out the bottom of there Zoloft adds, there advertisements assert that mental illness MAY be due to chemical imbalances in the brain, and that their drugs correct this imbalance.

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 12/28/08 06:30 PM

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 12/28/08 05:45 PM

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 12/28/08 05:18 PM

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:29 AM
"Richard Nixon implemented "Head Start", George Bush implemented "No child left behind", Somebody is really loosing some Fn Ground here!"-----George Carlin

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25