BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/11/09 04:44 PM
Edited by BrandonJItaliano on Sun 01/11/09 04:50 PM

You know why his so-called "philosophy" appeared to work?

Because, you can't talk to Gandhi who has no balls to say anything at all. He hides behind his "choices" at the slightest sign of a challenge.

His message then, was " " (nothing).

That is why he is " " (nothing).

You own choice of words show why satyagraha works, ACTIONS SPEEK LOUDER THAN WORDS, because with out action words are nothing but hollow Rhetoric, but Action without words can change the world before you will ever know anything happened. Even a blind man can hear the words of a fool, but he cant see the actions of an honorable one

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/11/09 04:15 PM
No, he was the messenger of the truth of a many of man, u have to understand what your own truth is though, thats all. It may not work for you, that doesnt mean there is anything wrong with it though

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/11/09 03:47 PM
Red dawn, and Road house

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/11/09 03:44 PM

13. joyfully obey the orders of the leaders of the civil disobedience action

Just another commie crock. Who's going to appoint the Fuhrer, whose orders I suppose to be "joyfully obeying"?

Your own, u are the bearer of your own soul, no one else

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/11/09 03:43 PM

Principles for Satyagrahis

Gandhi envisioned satyagraha as not only a tactic to be used in acute political struggle, but as a universal solvent for injustice and harm. He felt that it was equally applicable to large-scale political struggle and to one-on-one interpersonal conflicts and that it should be taught to everyone.[14]

He founded the Sabarmati Ashram to teach satyagraha. He asked satyagrahis to follow the following principles:[15]

1. Nonviolence (ahimsa)
2. Truth — this includes honesty, but goes beyond it to mean living fully in accord with and in devotion to that which is true
3. Non-stealing
4. Chastity (brahmacharya) — this includes sexual chastity, but also the subordination of other sensual desires to the primary devotion to truth (I personally dont agree with this as a founding principle, i personally feel the it should be embraced not subdued)
5. Non-possession (not the same as poverty)
6. Body-labor or bread-labor
7. Control of the palate
8. Fearlessness
9. Equal respect for all religions
10. Economic strategy such as boycotts (swadeshi)
11. Freedom from untouchability

On another occasion, he listed seven rules as “essential for every Satyagrahi in India”:[16]

1. must have a living faith in God
2. must believe in truth and non-violence and have faith in the inherent goodness of human nature which he expects to evoke by suffering in the satyagraha effort
3. must be leading a chaste life, and be willing to die or lose all his possessions
4. must be a habitual khadi wearer and spinner
5. must abstain from alcohol and other intoxicants
6. must willingly carry out all the rules of discipline that are issued
7. must obey the jail rules unless they are specially devised to hurt his self respect

Rules for Satyagraha Campaigns

Gandhi proposed a series of rules for satyagrahis to follow in a resistance campaign:[9]

1. harbour no anger
2. suffer the anger of the opponent
3. never retaliate to assaults or punishment; but do not submit, out of fear of punishment or assault, to an order given in anger
4. voluntarily submit to arrest or confiscation of your own property
5. if you are a trustee of property, defend that property (non-violently) from confiscation with your life
6. do not curse or swear
7. do not insult the opponent
8. neither salute nor insult the flag of your opponent or your opponent’s leaders
9. if anyone attempts to insult or assault your opponent, defend your opponent (non-violently) with your life
10. as a prisoner, behave courteously and obey prison regulations (except any that are contrary to self-respect)
11. as a prisoner, do not ask for special favourable treatment
12. as a prisoner, do not fast in an attempt to gain conveniences whose deprivation does not involve any injury to your self-respect
14. do not pick and choose amongst the orders you obey; if you find the action as a whole improper or immoral, sever your connection with the action entirely
15. do not make your participation conditional on your comrades taking care of your dependents while you are engaging in the campaign or are in prison; do not expect them to provide such support
16. do not become a cause of communal quarrels
17. do not take sides in such quarrels, but assist only that party which is demonstrably in the right; in the case of inter-religious conflict, give your life to protect (non-violently) those in danger on either side
18. avoid occasions that may give rise to communal quarrels
19. do not take part in processions that would wound the religious sensibilities of any community

We dont have to respond with violence, you can get the same outcome with out it with longer lasting rewards. I think that with the taxes that are being levied and the money they do have, being spent frivolously, we have to do something and do something now.

Means and ends

The theory of satyagraha sees means and ends as inseparable. The means used to obtain an end are wrapped up and attached to that end. Therefore, it is contradictory to try to use unjust means to obtain justice or to try to use violence to obtain peace. As Gandhi wrote: “They say, 'means are, after all, means'. I would say, 'means are, after all, everything'. As the means so the end...”

Gandhi used an example to explain this:

If I want to deprive you of your watch, I shall certainly have to fight for it; if I want to buy your watch, I shall have to pay for it; and if I want a gift, I shall have to plead for it; and, according to the means I employ, the watch is stolen property, my own property, or a donation.

Gandhi rejected the idea that injustice should, or even could, be fought against “by any means necessary” — if you use violent, coercive, unjust means, whatever ends you produce will necessarily embed that injustice. To those who preached violence and called nonviolent actionists cowards, he replied: “I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence....I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honor than that she should, in a cowardly manner, become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor....But I believe that nonviolence is infinitely superior to violence, forgiveness is more manly than punishment.

:thumbsup:

It is the answer to this countries ills, but the people of this nation are 2 brain washed and "have cell phones that make pancakes so they dont want to rock the boat"GC. But now is the time to change all that, my well polished piece of glass, and it is our duty to "be the change we wish to see in the world"

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/11/09 03:36 PM
Edited by BrandonJItaliano on Sun 01/11/09 03:37 PM

Principles for Satyagrahis

Gandhi envisioned satyagraha as not only a tactic to be used in acute political struggle, but as a universal solvent for injustice and harm. He felt that it was equally applicable to large-scale political struggle and to one-on-one interpersonal conflicts and that it should be taught to everyone.[14]

He founded the Sabarmati Ashram to teach satyagraha. He asked satyagrahis to follow the following principles:[15]

1. Nonviolence (ahimsa)
2. Truth — this includes honesty, but goes beyond it to mean living fully in accord with and in devotion to that which is true
3. Non-stealing
4. Chastity (brahmacharya) — this includes sexual chastity, but also the subordination of other sensual desires to the primary devotion to truth (I personally dont agree with this as a founding principle, i personally feel the it should be embraced not subdued)
5. Non-possession (not the same as poverty)
6. Body-labor or bread-labor
7. Control of the palate
8. Fearlessness
9. Equal respect for all religions
10. Economic strategy such as boycotts (swadeshi)
11. Freedom from untouchability

On another occasion, he listed seven rules as “essential for every Satyagrahi in India”:[16]

1. must have a living faith in God
2. must believe in truth and non-violence and have faith in the inherent goodness of human nature which he expects to evoke by suffering in the satyagraha effort
3. must be leading a chaste life, and be willing to die or lose all his possessions
4. must be a habitual khadi wearer and spinner
5. must abstain from alcohol and other intoxicants
6. must willingly carry out all the rules of discipline that are issued
7. must obey the jail rules unless they are specially devised to hurt his self respect

Rules for Satyagraha Campaigns

Gandhi proposed a series of rules for satyagrahis to follow in a resistance campaign:[9]

1. harbour no anger
2. suffer the anger of the opponent
3. never retaliate to assaults or punishment; but do not submit, out of fear of punishment or assault, to an order given in anger
4. voluntarily submit to arrest or confiscation of your own property
5. if you are a trustee of property, defend that property (non-violently) from confiscation with your life
6. do not curse or swear
7. do not insult the opponent
8. neither salute nor insult the flag of your opponent or your opponent’s leaders
9. if anyone attempts to insult or assault your opponent, defend your opponent (non-violently) with your life
10. as a prisoner, behave courteously and obey prison regulations (except any that are contrary to self-respect)
11. as a prisoner, do not ask for special favourable treatment
12. as a prisoner, do not fast in an attempt to gain conveniences whose deprivation does not involve any injury to your self-respect
14. do not pick and choose amongst the orders you obey; if you find the action as a whole improper or immoral, sever your connection with the action entirely
15. do not make your participation conditional on your comrades taking care of your dependents while you are engaging in the campaign or are in prison; do not expect them to provide such support
16. do not become a cause of communal quarrels
17. do not take sides in such quarrels, but assist only that party which is demonstrably in the right; in the case of inter-religious conflict, give your life to protect (non-violently) those in danger on either side
18. avoid occasions that may give rise to communal quarrels
19. do not take part in processions that would wound the religious sensibilities of any community

We dont have to respond with violence, you can get the same outcome with out it with longer lasting rewards. I think that with the taxes that are being levied and the money they do have, being spent frivolously, we have to do something and do something now.

Means and ends

The theory of satyagraha sees means and ends as inseparable. The means used to obtain an end are wrapped up and attached to that end. Therefore, it is contradictory to try to use unjust means to obtain justice or to try to use violence to obtain peace. As Gandhi wrote: “They say, 'means are, after all, means'. I would say, 'means are, after all, everything'. As the means so the end...”

Gandhi used an example to explain this:

If I want to deprive you of your watch, I shall certainly have to fight for it; if I want to buy your watch, I shall have to pay for it; and if I want a gift, I shall have to plead for it; and, according to the means I employ, the watch is stolen property, my own property, or a donation.

Gandhi rejected the idea that injustice should, or even could, be fought against “by any means necessary” — if you use violent, coercive, unjust means, whatever ends you produce will necessarily embed that injustice. To those who preached violence and called nonviolent actionists cowards, he replied: “I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence....I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honor than that she should, in a cowardly manner, become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor....But I believe that nonviolence is infinitely superior to violence, forgiveness is more manly than punishment.

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/11/09 11:36 AM
Ill bet hes got an eye for detail! (Detail of his colon that is)

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/11/09 07:57 AM

Its just goes to show, AMERICA IS THE PERFECT CHRISTIAN NATION, "Do as i say, not as i do" should be printed on the dollor, not "In God we Trust"
Nicaragua did the right thing when it was attacked by american supported terrorists , they took it to t he world court and they won. Predictibly america ignored the rule of law and failed to pay restitution or punish the guilty parties. Ollie North even got a gig on Fox news.

The irony of the whole thing though, is Oliver North was in communication with Manuel Noriega the entire time, Hmmm wonder where the drugs came from?

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/11/09 07:45 AM
Its just goes to show, AMERICA IS THE PERFECT CHRISTIAN NATION, "Do as i say, not as i do" should be printed on the dollor, not "In God we Trust"

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/09/09 07:49 PM
Im fascinated by the study of undocumented creatures, with a particular interest in Orang Pendek, Im just curious if theres any one else out there that have a interest in Cryptids?

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/09/09 06:04 PM
Edited by BrandonJItaliano on Fri 01/09/09 06:05 PM

Ive always wondered, How can any one claim to be pro life and pro death penalty? Either way, what gives another the right to terminate life in any fashion or form?

that's easy...one is as pure as the driven snow...God's gift...and...the other is the scum of the Earth, and the faster they fry...the quicker their punishment begins...

How can any one be pro life and pro death at the same time? We are all imperfect so how can the imperfect judge the imperfect?

The "scum of the earth" was once "pure as the driven snow", so who are we to say, hes one or the other

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/09/09 11:55 AM
Welcome 2 the mad house!!

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/09/09 09:43 AM

Hey, if God is taking the position there that a woman's life is more important, I will support that passage, absolutely.

I was clearly demonstrating the fallacy in fundamentalist logic.

"If a fetus is more important than a woman, try getting a fetus to wash the S*hit stains out of your underwear, for no pay and no pension."----George Carlin

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/09/09 12:43 AM
Ive always wondered, How can any one claim to be pro life and pro death penalty? Either way, what gives another the right to terminate life in any fashion or form?

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/09/09 12:38 AM
Why is it, when its a human being its an abortion, but when its a chicken, its an omelet?

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/09/09 12:36 AM
If everything that has ever lived is dead and everything that is alive is going to die, where does the sacred part come in to play?

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 01/05/09 11:11 AM
My daughter, Muhammad Ali, Mohandas Gandhi, George Carlin, the list goes on

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Mon 01/05/09 09:24 AM
Minn. – The Minnesota Supreme Court has rejected Republican Norm Coleman's request to count an additional 650 rejected absentee ballots in the state's U.S. Senate recount.

The court's ruling Monday likely paves the way for the state Canvassing Board to certify results showing Democrat Al Franken won the race. But Coleman's attorneys have said they are likely to sue if he loses the recount, meaning it could be weeks more before the outcome is final.

Coleman had argued the ballots were improperly rejected. In a five-page ruling, the high court said the dispute was among issues better handled in an "election contest," or lawsuit.

Franken leads Coleman by 225 votes after the state finished counting more than 900 absentee ballots that the state and the campaigns earlier had agreed were improperly rejected.

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/04/09 09:30 PM
Arrogant meddeling is what got us in trouble in the 1st place. If they want to destroy one another based on what they think is right, who are we to interveen.

This has been going on for 2000 years, its none of the US's Buisness

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/04/09 09:05 PM
drool A young Raquel Welchdrool

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25