Hmmm, im 6'6 and 285, so to little doesnt fly with me to well

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/04/09 03:13 PM
Edited by BrandonJItaliano on Sun 01/04/09 03:15 PM
Its time to open our eyes

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/04/09 03:06 PM
Edited by BrandonJItaliano on Sun 01/04/09 03:15 PM
We're so self-important. So self-important. Everybody's going to save something now. "Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails." And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. What? Are these ****ing people kidding me? Save the planet, we don't even know how to take care of ourselves yet. We haven't learned how to care for one another, we're gonna save the ****ing planet?

I'm getting tired of that ****. Tired of that ****. I'm tired of ****ing Earth Day, I'm tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is there aren't enough bicycle pants. People trying to make the world save for their Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don't give a **** about the planet. They don't care about the planet. Not in the abstract they don't. Not in the abstract they don't. You know what they're interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They're worried that some day in the future, they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn't impress me.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with the planet. Nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine. The PEOPLE are ****ed. Difference. Difference. The planet is fine. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great. Been here four and a half billion years. Did you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here four and a half billion years. We've been here, what, a hundred thousand? Maybe two hundred thousand? And we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And we have the CONCEIT to think that somehow we're a threat? That somehow we're gonna put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue-green ball that's just a-floatin' around the sun?

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through all kinds of things worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles...hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worlwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages...And we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet...the planet...the planet isn't going anywhere. WE ARE!

We're going away. Pack your ****, folks. We're going away. And we won't leave much of a trace, either. Thank God for that. Maybe a little styrofoam. Maybe. A little styrofoam. The planet'll be here and we'll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet'll shake us off like a bad case of fleas. A surface nuisance.

You wanna know how the planet's doing? Ask those people at Pompeii, who are frozen into position from volcanic ash, how the planet's doing. You wanna know if the planet's all right, ask those people in Mexico City or Armenia or a hundred other places buried under thousands of tons of earthquake rubble, if they feel like a threat to the planet this week. Or how about those people in Kilowaia, Hawaii, who built their homes right next to an active volcano, and then wonder why they have lava in the living room.

The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we're gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, 'cause that's what it does. It's a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed, and if it's true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new pardigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn't share our prejudice towards plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn't know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, "Why are we here?" Plastic...a$$holes.

So, the plastic is here, our job is done, we can be phased out now. And I think that's begun. Don't you think that's already started? I think, to be fair, the planet sees us as a mild threat. Something to be dealt with. And the planet can defend itself in an organized, collective way, the way a beehive or an ant colony can. A collective defense mechanism. The planet will think of something. What would you do if you were the planet? How would you defend yourself against this troublesome, pesky species? Let's see... Viruses. Viruses might be good. They seem vulnerable to viruses. And, uh...viruses are tricky, always mutating and forming new strains whenever a vaccine is developed. Perhaps, this first virus could be one that compromises the immune system of these creatures. Perhaps a human immunodeficiency virus, making them vulnerable to all sorts of other diseases and infections that might come along. And maybe it could be spread sexually, making them a little reluctant to engage in the act of reproduction.

Well, that's a poetic note. And it's a start. And I can dream, can't I? See I don't worry about the little things: bees, trees, whales, snails. I think we're part of a greater wisdom than we will ever understand. A higher order. Call it what you want. Know what I call it? The Big Electron. The Big Electron...whoooa. Whoooa. Whoooa. It doesn't punish, it doesn't reward, it doesn't judge at all. It just is. And so are we. For a little while."

RIP GEORGE, If there were only more like u, this place would be a whole lot better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/04/09 02:57 PM

We occupy a soverign nation while our own people stand in welfare lines. We bailout independent buisnesses while our own people flail in debt. We try to police the world, but fail to police the criminals in Washington DC. We outsource jobs overseas while our own people stand in un-employement lines. We look to others for change but fail to change our own way of thinking.

When will Americans wise up and get there share?

When will they raise up and get whats theres?

We need to fill that gaping hole, with some self preservation and love and understanding for peoples differences and get this country back on the right path

or move to australia...:wink: drinker

Ive vacationed on the sunshine coast, i just might take u up on that offer lol

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/04/09 02:55 PM

I agree with your statement Brandon, whole heartedly but there needs to be a plan of action and a leader what do you suggest?

"We need to be the change we wish to see in the world and make our lives are message"

We need no leader, we need to govern our own minds. Repression only breed retaliation, and when power is consolodated and forced on others, repression will allways flourish

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/04/09 01:41 PM
Edited by BrandonJItaliano on Sun 01/04/09 02:37 PM
We occupy a soverign nation while our own people stand in welfare lines. We bailout independent buisnesses while our own people flail in debt. We try to police the world, but fail to police the criminals in Washington DC. We outsource jobs overseas while our own people stand in un-employement lines. We look to others for change but fail to change our own way of thinking.

When will Americans wise up and get there share?

When will they raise up and take whats theres?

We need to fill that gaping hole, with some self preservation and love and understanding for peoples differences and get this country back on the right path

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sun 01/04/09 12:57 AM
Edited by BrandonJItaliano on Sun 01/04/09 12:58 AM
Point of the matter is, the Human Race is F*ucked up, we are so caught up in who is right and who is wrong that we lost our way, We as a species, dont know how to care and love for one another and there in lies the problem!!. This Arguing over who is right and who is wrong and giving others labels, is total and utter BS because we all talk a differnent language when we talk in DEFENSE!

I personally dont care about Jews, or Palestinians, or blacks or whites or any other of that divisional Crap. What i do care about is Humanity as a whole, not a little of this and little of that, but the idea that we are all brothers and sister and because of our own pride, we destroy others based on differences, how petty and self important is that!!

War is the most loathsum indulgence of self importance and its is a boil on the ass of mankind, and by dammed its time a skilled person picks up a lance to fix it!!

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sat 01/03/09 11:09 PM
Its the spark that can start the fire, but it has no part in the sustainment

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sat 01/03/09 11:07 PM
Hello, hope your havin a good 1

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sat 01/03/09 10:29 PM
ME,ME, ME.

I never can sleep when im suppose 2,

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Sat 01/03/09 10:38 AM
Edited by BrandonJItaliano on Sat 01/03/09 10:39 AM

Religions are different roads converging to the same point. What does it matter that we take different road, so long as we reach the same goal. Wherein is the cause for quarrelling?---Gandhi

if all is seeking the same goal then why not take the same road and then you will find the cause to quarrel... funches 3:16

The soul is a wanderer, unbridled and free, and it seeks to find its own way----Brandon J chapter 1

"I regard myself as a soldier, though a soldier of peace and we need to be the change we wish to see in the world and make our lives, our message"---Gandhi

when it comes to changing the world ..a soldier of peace is no different than a soldier or war ... funches 3:16

Peace and love are the only two universal truths as they construct without fail when displayed in unisen, that is until human err destroys them both...Brandonism

"I worship God as Truth only. I have not yet found Him, but I am seeking after Him"----Gandhi

to seek truth in something other than thyself is to deny thyself the truth ... funches 3:16

To think thyself as truth, denies the rest of the universe her worth...Brandonism2

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:37 PM
think I think im herethink

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:15 PM

"Eye for an Eye, makes the whole world blind"---Gandhi

This sounds nice, but it is a piece of propaganda, actually.

Think about it, If two are fighting, the only way it spreads to someone else is through people like Gandhi. If A and B are fighting, eye for an eye, and B hits say C, then now B must fight both, A and C. So, the idiot B should be killed off quicker.

Now, if an asshole C is Gandhi, then he will not help A to finish B. Even though B had damaged C, C isn't retaliating.
B is then free to damage D this time, and if D is Gandhist, then E, F, G,H..... B will not stop, until someone stops him.

So, as you can see, Gandhi actually was promoting a conflict, although he was using pretty peaceful front.

I disagree, Why is there a need for violence in the first place. The only blame for the spread of violence is the ones who have the idea implanted in there heads that it is a viable option. Gandhis ideals were that you can get the same outcome without bloodshed, and i just so happen to agree with him
I do to I read his biography

Thats funny u mention that, i have a copy of An Autobiography, My Experiments with Truth, on my desk, i would suggest everyone read it

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/02/09 10:07 PM
Edited by BrandonJItaliano on Fri 01/02/09 10:22 PM

Think about it, If two are fighting, the only way it spreads to someone else is through people like Gandhi. If A and B are fighting, eye for an eye, and B hits say C, then now B must fight both, A and C. So, the idiot B should be killed off quicker.

Now, if an asshole C is Gandhi, then he will not help A to finish B. Even though B had damaged C, C isn't retaliating.
B is then free to damage D this time, and if D is Gandhist, then E, F, G,H..... B will not stop, until someone stops him.

So, as you can see, Gandhi actually was promoting a conflict, although he was using pretty peaceful front.

I disagree, Why is there a need for violence in the first place. The only blame for the spread of violence is the ones who have the idea implanted in there heads that it is a viable option. Gandhis ideals were that you can get the same outcome without bloodshed, and i just so happen to agree with him
I do to I read his biography

Great book, Its really eye opening

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/02/09 08:43 PM
Mirror,

If your ever out of a job, check and see if the Blue Man Group is having tryouts lol

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/02/09 07:40 PM

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Fri 01/02/09 04:10 PM

if someone were shooting rockets at my wife and kids every day I prolly would bomb the crap out of them too

BrandonJItaliano's photo
Thu 01/01/09 08:48 PM
How many of you drank more before the age of 21 than after?

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25