Community > Posts By > HeSearches

HeSearches's photo
Mon 07/28/08 08:50 PM
The same rule applies to women. Women who only post one photo have something to hide. I really love the ones who post all kinds of silly pictures on their profile....NOT!!

HeSearches's photo
Mon 07/28/08 08:46 PM
If this is happening to you, it's because there is something about you that says to men that you're not "relationship material".

What it is exactly I couldn't say but you're emitting a vibe that is telling men that.

Men just like women make up their mind about someone in the first 5 minutes of contact. Are they friend material or non-serious relationship material, OR are they relationship material and maybe even spouse material?

Whatever you're doing in that first 5 minutes of contact is what is killing your chances.

HeSearches's photo
Mon 07/28/08 08:40 PM
If I understand your question correctly (and maybe I don't), you're asking if a friendship can result once a relationship has ended.

I think the answer is Yes - Maybe. It depends on how things were left when the relationship ended.

I've had relationships where I'm a friend of the woman but it took a long time for that to happen. Usually breakups aren't that happy and it takes some time for the wounds to heal.

HeSearches's photo
Mon 07/28/08 08:30 PM
Ditto....the guy is a clod.

HeSearches's photo
Mon 07/28/08 08:27 PM
Drama means your life is constantly in chaos or crisis mode. If you don't have enough, you manage to create some more.

Baggage means you have unresolved emotional or psychological issues from past relationships.

HeSearches's photo
Mon 07/28/08 08:24 PM
I'm Scottish....Kiss Me!! :banana: :tongue:

HeSearches's photo
Mon 07/28/08 08:03 PM
Yer Sweet. flowerforyou

HeSearches's photo
Mon 07/28/08 07:50 PM
If you have loads of complaints about men in California, I've got loads of complaints about women in Cali since I'm not a native here. I've never met so many bored and boring women in my life!!

I checked out your profile. You're being upfront about yourself and your lifestyle. You're not every guy's cup of tea but at least you're being honest about it. No surprises...we hope.

It's hard finding a relationship in Cali because people don't seem to understand that it takes some time to find points of connection. The more points of connection the stronger the chemistry. Everybody wants instant gratification and in human relationships that's hard to do.

If you want to complain about guys wanting only sex then I want to complain about women who want to be "friends first". What does that mean? How long do we need to be friends first before we take it to the next level?

I don't know if it's entirely unique to California but I think the perception that there are a lot of superficial people here has some truth. Cali people get really incensed if you start critiquing their culture but the culture leaves a lot to be desired. Meeting a REAL person isn't so easy around here.

HeSearches's photo
Mon 07/28/08 07:26 PM

I just love it in San Diego, it’s always the perfect temperature and there’s so much to do.
My Mom and Dad own a sail boat so it’s wonderful to go out for a good sail and BBQ with family and friends. If you have never been there it is a must!

Getting to the point…my Mom introduced me to this guy that has a boat one slip down from ours and I thought he was pretty cute so I started to hangout with him. He’s in collage to become a doctor, has two jobs, loves kids, and is a surfer…what more could you ask for you say??
Well, when we are alone he plays little games with me like touching my face, tickling, and just over all finding ways to touch me. BUT…when anyone else is around he acts like I’m not there, ignoring me and even turning his back to me.
I cant always be in San Diego because of responsibilities where I live so sometimes its weeks before I can see him again. I’ve always been alone so I came to like his company and grew to care for him A LOT, so when I can’t be there I like to text him which I don’t do more then once a week or less so not to crowd him.
He has never text me without me texting him first, called me or sent me an Email and when I do text him he acts like I’m bothering him and that he wants nothing to do with me. He’s twenty and I’m almost twenty two, so I know he’s young and all that. My question is…why does he act this way, and am I wasting my time?

Read the book "He's Just Not That Into You" and it will answer your questions.

I'm in San Diego too. I don't suppose you have an aunt or an older lady friend who's looking? :wink:

HeSearches's photo
Mon 07/28/08 09:21 AM
If I was your boyfriend, I'd have wonder why you have to hang out with your guy friends? Is he lacking something you get from hanging out with your guy friends?

I'll have to disagree with the others that he's being insecure. How would you like it if he was hanging out with his gal pals all the time? Are you sure you could say in all honesty that you'd have no problem with that? Somehow I doubt it.

HeSearches's photo
Sun 07/27/08 02:32 PM
My Ex is my Ex because she couldn't make sex a PRIORITY.

I've found other lovers since her who were far more accomodating and I'm much happier now.

There were other reasons we divorced but sex was high on the list.

HeSearches's photo
Sun 07/27/08 02:07 PM
Edited by HeSearches on Sun 07/27/08 02:09 PM
If you're really serious about learning wine, you need to do a couple of things.

You need to expand your taste beyond sweet wines. That's for beginners.

You need to mature your taste to explore various kinds of white and red wine. Most people who really know wine prefer reds but that's a little too hard for someone new so start learning white wines and then progress into the reds.

Since you're uncertain what types of wine you might like you can shortcut this by attending wine tastings so you can taste different wines, learn about growing regions, styles of wine, and some of the better wineries. You can find wine tasting event information at www.localwineevents.com

A good reference book would help. Probably one of the best that's used by sommeliers everywhere is "Windows on the World Complete Wine Course: 2008 Edition (Windows on the World Complete Wine Course)" by Kevin Zraly (Author). It's very comprehensive and it will teach you a lot about difference types of wine. You can find it at any good bookstore.

Avoid the "pretty label" syndrome. Some of the best wines don't have very fancy labels.

HeSearches's photo
Sat 07/26/08 12:42 PM

What a loaded answer! I suppose if I said sex is a chore I would be unapproachable but it's honest. Yet, the first thing listed in most men's profiles is, sexy, sexual, hot, sensuous, flirty, romantic. I'm in the over 50 crowd. I have a ton of other qualities that have developed over the years to share with a man. Do you really think if I put that "honest" statement in my profile men would read further. I sincerely doubt it. Yet, if we dated and got to know me for my other attirbutes, maybe it wouldn't be so important to him. hmmmmmm. I know, I'm dreaming.

Yeah, you're dreaming. Asking for Honest is about as loaded as all the other things women over 50 seem to want. What amazes me is the number of nebulous phrases women put in their profiles describing the man they want. It means something to them but they never seem to realize that the guys reading it could interpret it all kinds of ways. Does honest mean you never told a lie in your life or does it mean something else?

One of the interesting things I've noticed about the answers is that what men complain about changes with their age. The young guys complain about girls playing head games and being dishonest. The older guys complaint list is very different because they have more experience with women.

HeSearches's photo
Sat 07/26/08 12:30 PM
Perving? noway

HeSearches's photo
Sat 07/26/08 12:27 PM
Wow! I can see a lot of you kids need a refresher on the difference between anatomy and personality!! :tongue:

I just love what great job teachers are doing for America....NOT!! laugh

HeSearches's photo
Sat 07/26/08 11:32 AM
I think those monkeys want to steal your punch bowl!! :banana:

HeSearches's photo
Fri 07/25/08 06:07 PM
No, not shopping for perfection. Just perfect for me.

The list I gave is pretty generic for most men. I talk to enough men and read enough of what they write to know that's what they would say.

Some of my answers were multiple choice because different men would answer differently on questions like a woman's appearance.

Believe or not, the complaints represent women we've actually met or had the misfortune to date. They certainly don't represent all women and if I gave that impression that's my bad.

HeSearches's photo
Fri 07/25/08 05:45 PM
Hi There! Want to chat sometime?

I can hear a giant sucking sound whooshing through her head...and it's me vanishing.

HeSearches's photo
Fri 07/25/08 05:28 PM
I'd follow Frisco73's advice. The bouquet may seem really romantic but a lot women would wonder what the heck you were thinking.

Make it real simple. Be direct and ask her if she'd like to go out.

Some guys are under the wrong impression that if you spend a lot of money on women on the first date that will win them over. Wrong...oh so wrong.

Come up with 2 or 3 good ideas on where to meet - for drinks, coffee, lunch, whatever. Offer her alternatives and let her pick the one she likes the best.

Some women are afraid of committing to a night long date with a new guy until they know him well (some men are afraid of the same thing) so sometimes a Starbucks date is the perfect solution. It's nothing heavy, you learn whether or not you want to see them again. If it goes well, you plan something for an evening. If not, no harm done.

HeSearches's photo
Fri 07/25/08 05:13 PM
Edited by HeSearches on Fri 07/25/08 05:14 PM
My bad....server timed out and it double posted.