Community > Posts By > HeSearches

HeSearches's photo
Sat 03/08/08 07:22 AM
What are the best things and worst things about dating someone over 50? Please share your stories and observations. Is it really any different dating someone over 50 than it was when you were younger? What about relationships? Are they more difficult or more easy?

HeSearches's photo
Sat 03/08/08 07:13 AM
A few thoughts from someone older and wiser who has dated a lot of women.

My first thought is that you should focus on what you have and not on what you don't have. Girls may be detecting your lack of confidence and that could be hurting your chances with them. However, it's also true that there are some girls who are drawn to shy guys.

It's not true that a guy with average looks or even below average looks can't attract a pretty girl. Women focus more on personality than men do when it comes to being attracted to someone. Men are more visual and we tend to check out how a woman looks before we even get to their personality.

Read things that send positive messages to your brain. Go to the library or the bookstore and get books that help you improve yourself. Two books I suggest because they helped me a lot - "How To Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie and "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale. These books are classics and are still read today even though they were originally written generations ago.

Lacking a car is a bit of a handicap but you can find ways to surmount that. Surely there are places within two miles of where you live where you could meet a girl for a date. Also, you will meet more girls once you figure out where they like to hang out and go there yourself to hang out. Although I dated a few girls in high school I never dated one from my own school. Check out girls from other schools.

Get a part-time job and start saving money for a car. Unless your parents don't want you to drive for some reason do what you need to do to get your drivers license. Maybe you'll meet a cute girl in driver's education.

Good luck.

HeSearches's photo
Fri 03/07/08 04:48 PM
I did my part. I posted an ad for women seeking men in CL. Now you guys do your part!!

HeSearches's photo
Tue 03/04/08 07:16 PM
Oh please....don't get me started on San Diego women!

HeSearches's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:52 PM
I understand all the hurt feelings and puppy love and the rest, and I'm by no means excusing their behavior, but obviously none of you have ever known war or what it's like. War does funny things to men. It makes nice boys mean. It makes the mentally sick even more sick. It was a sick video and those two are idiots for allowing it to be posted but there is a lot that goes on in a war that you'll never see on YouTube.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:42 PM
I don't tell a woman how really connected I am unless I am. Some men are unfortunately very shallow. They don't know how to relate to a woman so they tell you what they think you want to hear.

This is why women test men. Wise women test a man more than once. They want to know that what he says are his feelings really are his feelings.

There is a good book I recommend to women who are puzzled by men and how they act. It's called "He's Really Not That Into You". The guy in your case wasn't really that into you but you didn't know that since you hadn't read the book. If you read the book and follow what it says you'll never be fooled again.

A Guy

HeSearches's photo
Sun 03/02/08 03:24 PM
I don't do donuts anymore. Too much bad stuff in them. A good bagel might get my attention though. :)

HeSearches's photo
Sun 03/02/08 01:17 PM
I'm from San Diego too. Interested in making friends as well.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next