Community > Posts By > HeSearches

HeSearches's photo
Wed 07/16/08 09:59 AM
Then I'd say you're a very selfish person....but that's only my opinion.

HeSearches's photo
Wed 07/16/08 09:56 AM
Ever hear the term Madly In Love? It's true. It exists. You'll know when you're madly in love because you'll overlook every blemish on them. Other saner people may see problems with this person but you never see them. For you, those problems don't exist. That's being Madly In Love.

HeSearches's photo
Wed 07/16/08 09:06 AM
When you're ending a relationship, closure is really important to the other person.

Women may fear hurting a guy's feelings but it's worse for him if he doesn't understand why it ended.

The same holds true of men. If you've been involved with a woman for a long time you owe it to them to tell them somehow why you've decided it's never going to work. A phone call, an IM chat, an email, or a face-to-face meeting will help a lot.

When you don't give someone closure you leave them with a lot of unresolved issues and feelings and it's really not fair to them. If you loved them or had strong feelings for them you can at least bury the relationship with some decency.

As far as resolving issues in a relationship goes, I think you can grow as a person when you try to resolve them. Sometimes it works but in some cases there are core issues that never seem to go away or get resolved even though you keep wanting this person in your life. You either have be satisfied that these issues will never be resolved or finally admit that it will never work.

HeSearches's photo
Wed 07/16/08 08:54 AM
The easiest way to get over someone is to find someone new. That could be new friends or a new lover.

You can work on yourself all you want but having someone to share that with is really the best thing. It may be a transitional relationship but it's what you need to do.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 09:52 PM
Ever try Rod Stewart "American Classics"? While Rod is known as a rock star he does a terrific job on all the old standards. He does a few duets with well known female singers like Cher.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 01:47 PM
I think it all depends on what you mean by "damaged" and "fragile". If it means someone isn't emotionally available then I'd stay away. If they are looking for me to repair them then I have to ask myself if I'm seriously up to the job.

Damaged isn't always immediately apparent. I've had two long relationships with women who had huge psychological issues I couldn't repair. None of that was apparent until I was well into the relationship with them. Should I have cut my losses and run or stayed like I did?

In the end, you can't fix or repair anyone. They have to do it themselves. That's the hardest lesson to learn.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 01:18 PM
Sage, I could agree with you less....and I do.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 10:15 AM
One additional thought. I've developed a theory about sexuality in men and women. Both sexes fall into one of two categories - HIGH LIBIDO and LOW LIBIDO.

Since you ask the question, I would a naturally assume that you're a Low Libido Woman. That's fine but you should never link up with a High Libido Man because one of you is going to be very frustrated in the relationship.

Women send signals that tell me which category they fall under. If I'm getting signals that they are a Low Libido Woman then I'm not going to write them or respond to their personals ad. I'm only interested in High Libido Women because I'm a High Libido Man.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 10:00 AM
SEX is so important because it's the glue that bonds the relationship. No matter how bad things get if you're having great sex you can deal with a lot.

It is different if you have a spouse who becomes ill and can't have sex, but I don't think that's what we're talking about here.

Women who cannot make sex a priority in a relationship are not women I want to meet. My ex-wife didn't understand that and that's one of several reasons she's no longer my wife.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 09:49 AM
LOL. Same rule applies to RUDE men. Touche.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 07:43 AM
What kind of music puts you "in the mood"? My favs are Marvin Gaye, Sade, and even Santana.

What are your choices for mood music and why?

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 06:53 AM
I couldn't trust her. I told her to stop lying because she was really lousy at it.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 03:43 AM
It happened to me. She was a heavy drug user many years ago...a very long time before I met her. I talked to her about how she got herself off drugs. I knew because of the kind of busy life she led she couldn't be doing drugs anymore. Her new drug of choice was wine and that was fine with me.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 03:37 AM
Revenge sex is for children and I'm no longer a child.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 12:45 AM
Oh Geez!! This could be a long or short list.

There are the obvious ones like no lying, cheating, or stealing. Dishonesty will kill a relationship before it gets started.

I refuse to put up with arrogance, self-indulgence, and self-righteous piety.

Inability to communicate will do major damage.

Using sex as a negotiating instrument will put you on probation.

Being overly opinionated and judgemental without all the facts will lead me to believe you don't deserve me.

Insisting that your way is the only right way will get you quickly to the exit door.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 12:37 AM
Still with Me, Myself, and I. Would rather it be We, Us, and Together.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 12:34 AM
There's something about the way you look at me with your eyes. I can tell when you look up at me that deep inside you hunger for me. You want me...all of me....and it never stops inside you. I can feel your pulse, even when you're away, because it keeps throbbing in this heart of mine. I adore you....and ONLY YOU.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 12:14 AM
Every relationship stands on its own. You have two new personalities who clash in different ways. If you wanted a repeat of the last relationship you'd try to find someone almost exactly like the last one. That's pretty hard to do. Hopefully you're looking for the things that worked in the last relationship...not the things that didn't work.

HeSearches's photo
Tue 07/15/08 12:06 AM
I don't know if was my worst but I stopped by to see this woman at her work when it was the end of her day. It's her shop and she has her dog with her. I wish she would leave the dog home but she didn't.

We drove in two cars to a nice wine bar I know. I bought her the perfect bottle of wine and apps. What does she do? She takes a phone call from an ex who has issues with his son. She apologizes but after we finish the wine she tells me she has to go home.

Go home? Then she calls me later and wants to talk a lot. Well, it's Friday night and I've made other plans that don't include her. She had her chance with me at the wine bar and she blew it!! I went dancing instead and met two much nicer women.

Ladies, two points to make here. Don't bring your dog on a date. Don't leave until the date is over or you really have to go home. Oh, and don't answer your phone on a date unless it's an emergency. It's very rude.

HeSearches's photo
Mon 07/14/08 11:57 PM
Candles and good bottle of wine help. I think scents and the right music can go a long way to set the mood. Dancing and moving together can really be the best thing.

My old girlfriend told me it was about the buildup to the evening. It was the note in the morning talking about what would happen that evening and what you wanted to do together. Then you can tease each other all day with brief phone calls and emails.

It all depends on your style. Whatever moves you to the groove is what you need to do.