SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Thu 07/02/26 07:19 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Thu 07/02/26 07:20 AM

Hey ....in case no one noticed.... Canada made it thru to the next round , and play Morroco on Saturday.....will this be as far as they will go.....

Too sad Netherlands and Germany lost on penalties !!!

Indeed sad we're out :( Certainly on penalties. I never like that however thrilling it may be to watch.

Good you're still in the game!
If the match is at a doable time for me I may watch it :)
Personally I don't see why you wouldn't/couldn't win from Morocco.
Everyone was yapping how much better and stronger their team was compared to the Dutch. And yet they couldn't win by making it 2-1, had to rely on penalties for that. (I always regard penalties a bit as pot luck, hihi)
Then me's thinking, "Not so much stronger then, huh?!"

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Thu 07/02/26 03:12 AM
USA GOV site says the exact thing GRB says:
6 branches and the marines & navy are separate branches.

One would think the US government itself knows its own military setup tongue2

Second point... why is everyone calling the male OP 'beautiful'?

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 07/01/26 01:48 PM
Thinking... time to get up and close the curtains. Almost dark and not even 23.00 yet.
So silly that the days start to get shorter once summer begins. Feels counter-intuitive.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 07/01/26 01:47 PM

"I will Find you"

Just saw it recently, it's soo Good and the plot twist will blow your mind!

Nice, I will check that one out, don't think I've seen it yet :)

OT -- watching Attila with a still very young and extremely hunky Gerard Butler.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 07/01/26 03:56 AM
Thinking... why is my PC making so much noise? What on earth is it doing?

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Tue 06/30/26 02:21 AM
Thinking... today's appointment is one I'd really prefer to skip.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Mon 06/29/26 09:17 AM
It may not be extreme where you live, where I live it is. If you like facts: that's a fact! As I said, each country -or area even- is different :)
And you saying that it isn't, far from that, IS dissing someone else's experiences and that what is factual in other areas/countries.
Texas isn't the gauge ya know. It is for where you live maybe, not for where the rest of the world lives.

Thinking... Glad dinner is over! Wasn't in the mood for cooking but one has to eat.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Mon 06/29/26 09:02 AM
Django Unchained - 2013
IMDb rating 8,5
My rating: a solid 10!

I'd forgotten just how good this movie is.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Mon 06/29/26 02:21 AM
Feeling... happy with how my painting is coming along :D

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sat 06/27/26 12:42 PM
Well, every country has its own so called normal and extremes :)
No need to diss someone else's experiences because yours are different.
It's not a competition, ya know!


SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sat 06/27/26 11:05 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal 💖💎 on Sat 06/27/26 11:07 AM
Thinking... what an afternoon?!
A cool start after more than a week of extremely high temps, then we got loads of rain, really bad thunder again & again during the entire afternoon.
And once the rain turned to hail of 2-2,5cm Ø !!
THAT was frightening.
I knew it could occur, never had it happen. The noise alone! And I feared the roofing of my extension wouldn't be able to withstand that onslaught. I already had buckets out in case of leakage.
Thank goodness it held!
But the noise, on the flat roof and against the windows...

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sat 06/27/26 03:03 AM
Spectre
Going through Craig's Bond movies :)
I never really liked Spectre a lot but I guess it was very difficult to come back after something as good as Skyfall.

I don't feel the chemistry between Bond and the woman either although in interviews both have said they do have it.

Nevertheless it's a good movie. Daniel Craig still in shape and still a sight for sore eyes :)

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sat 06/27/26 02:36 AM
Thinking... it was good we had a shower just now! The garden needs it!
And first time in days that the temp indoors dropped below 27,5C. For now.
It's been 30C and 30,5C for more days than I like. I'm going to save up for an AC for sure!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Sat 06/27/26 02:34 AM

Going to have my breakfast.. what did u guys had today?

Hiya, and welcome here!
There is a subforum on food lower down on the board :)
There's one on dinner, but you can also start one for breakfast of course.
Could be interesting to see what people eat in the morning.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Fri 06/26/26 03:11 AM
Yay! Dutch team won again!!
I didn't watch the match as it was played in the middle of the night. But still good news that we beat Tunisia with 3-1 :D

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Fri 06/26/26 03:09 AM
Thinking... getting fed up with the heat!
Code Red today.
Can't recall ever having Code Red :o

There's a 3 day gig next to the beach, stone's throw away from me. 45.000 people a day. I cannot believe it didn't get cancelled... People could die standing on that asphalt, getting excited, drinking alcohol etc. etc.

As for me... started the day of with 29,5C. Indoors...
Where's the W wind when you need it?!

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 06/24/26 03:52 PM
Feeling... sleepy but not sure I can even fall asleep as it's so hot indoors.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 06/24/26 03:50 PM
TXS Glad to hear you enjoyed it :)
If you want another nice series to watch try CIA.
Or if you haven't watched it yet, Strike Back. Season 1 through 5 of that are excellent!


OT --- watched Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace.
The next one, Skyfall is next, but not tonight anymore.

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 06/24/26 03:32 AM
Feeling... sorry for my 3 cats. The poor things are also struggling with this stinking heat :'(

SparklingCrystal 💖💎's photo
Wed 06/24/26 03:31 AM
Thinking... I've just about had enough of this friggin' heatwave! After today there's 2 more extremely hot days to go, Friday being the worst.

It's already 28C in my livingroom...
I think this is the hottest it's ever gotten inside!

1 2 … 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 … 24 25