Community > Posts By > mightymoe

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 01:45 PM
I've seen here in Houston where a lot of hair, nail and beauty accessories are being opened up recently, with lots of barbershops opening as well...

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 01:42 PM

seems weird, the shifting between the term 'minority' and "African American'

which is one category within the 'minority' description.

Its great if successful small business is growing, and people are trying to start businesses. I will just be interested in data from a source that records actual business ownership instead of a survey or poll.

Id love to see the source and the way they defined their categories.

I know you have to doubt, but it seems pretty self explanatory...

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 01:25 PM

yeah,,, okay.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best,” he said in the same speech. “They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

he qualified what he meant by claiming they are drug dealers and rapists. and he has a string of things about mexicans he has said, that added on, paint a clear picture of his negative Mexican bias, for those without their head in the sand.

and what part of what he said isn't true?

depends on who you ask, just like what part of america has never been 'that great' isnt true?

depends on who you ask, But I would bet that people supporting the candidate who says the statement, will believe it to be truth and identify with and support it as well. which brings me back to the point of how you cant count anyone out in politics because you assume they have said the wrong thing.

I'm asking you...your spinning in circles again...

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 12:23 PM
President Trump's approval rating with African Americans hit 31% on Monday. This was a HISTORIC NUMBER!

On Thursday Trump's approval with African Americans jumped again... to 36%

The president's approval is up 19 points since last year at this time.

There's a reason for this. The African American unemployment rate has never been lower thanks to the policies of President Trump.

And this week a recent poll found that black business ownership under President Trump jumped 400% in ONE YEAR!

Black Enterprise reported:

African American business owners are on the rise. According to the Minority 2018 Small Business Trends survey, the number of black-owned small businesses in the U.S. increased by a staggering 400% in a year-over-year time period from 2017 to 2018.

The new survey, which was conducted by Guidant Financial and LendingClub, interviewed more than 2,600 business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs. It found that 45% of all small business in the country were owned by minority ethnic groups in 2018. This is a dramatic uptick from 2015 when the total percentage of minority business owners was 15%. The largest minority group of respondents were African American at 19%, followed by Hispanic at 14%, Asian at 8%, and Native American at 4%.

Of the African American small business owners surveyed, 63% identified as men and 38% as women. Most fell between the ages of 40 to 49 with 28%, while 25% were between 50 and 59 years old, and 22% are 30 to 39. The research also showed that the highest volume of African American entrepreneurs lives in Texas, followed by Georgia, California, Florida, and North Carolina.

It looks like Trump and Kanye are winning out.

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 12:05 PM

Welcome to the class.
is the teacher hot?

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 12:04 PM

Can't we bribe Canada to take him back?
I think they're smarter than that...

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 11:48 AM

yeah,,, okay.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best,” he said in the same speech. “They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

he qualified what he meant by claiming they are drug dealers and rapists. and he has a string of things about mexicans he has said, that added on, paint a clear picture of his negative Mexican bias, for those without their head in the sand.

and what part of what he said isn't true?

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 11:46 AM

Basically, anyone who is against any Democrat for any reason is a racist, evil being who hates women and gays too...there's no arguing against it, , the liberals will not tolerate sassy back talk, because racist, evil beings have no rights... And all being done from the safety of their internet cafe safe zones, just because they are scared of running into a non liberal in the real world...

I agree, but the only way to break down those walls of fear is to find some way to communicate with them. Many are lost causes, but once in awhile it makes a difference, not always with the one you are directly talking with, but others who view your patience and facts vs opinions and name calling. What kind of man would I be if I did not try to make the world a better place?

I admit I have been luck dealing with people in person. I mentioned before that I live in an apartment building with about 90% of the population being black, and they have opened up a lot over the past 3 years and many of them started supporting Trump before I did.

Personally I support President Trump's campaign rhetoric and speeches, but I still have a couple reservations about him because despite popular opinion, he has always been a moderate with one foot on either side. The media has shifted so far left over the past few decades they think even being a moderate in the middle is too far to the right for them, which is intolerant and bigoted, which is why they accuse people on the right of being it .. like the fart game, blame it on someone else rather than taking responsibility for your own ****, which is something we know liberals will never do, LOL
I just think Trump deserves a fair chance without the liberals constant badgering...this is way worse than any presidents before him..

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 11:40 AM

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best," he said, before adding, "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

,,,imagine if any other world leader would say, "when America sends its people, theyre not sending their most respectful, theyre bringing violence, disrespect, lewdness, and some, I assume, are good people."

blanket statements describing most of a group in negative terms can be easily interpreted as bigoted or racist.

calling countries on Africas continent 'shithole' countries, or calling for complete shutdown on MUSLIMS entering the country, or being sued and settling with the justice department for housing discrimination may be some of the reasons people believe he is racist, to name a few.

I happen to believe he is just ignorant and an opportunist who says what his base will get behind. I doubt he has much of ANY experience with or around anyone other than the financial elite to even have a REAL belief or knowledge about any demographic except other rich white males.

you hear a true statement and call racism? Who crosses the Mexican border illegally? The bottom feeders or the well to do citizens? With the exception of Egypt, what countries in Africa aren't shithole countries? Democrats don't want people to know the truth about anything, all they want is to lie and be lied to...

and THERE you have privilege .. do some reading and find out the answers to questions about the stereotypes that are so easily accepted when they arent about US (United States).

shithole is a descriptive and negative term and as subjective as GREAT. But the former about others is just the truth while the latter is a terrible career ending statement. ..... but some will never see the similarity.

Here is the data about Trumps unsupported claim about Mexicans

An estimated 1,955,951 native-born Americans, 117,994 illegal immigrants, and 43,618 legal immigrants were incarcerated in 2016. The incarceration rate for native-born Americans was 1,521 per 100,000, 800 per 100,000 for illegal immigrants, and 325 per 100,000 for legal immigrants in 2016 (Figure 1).

https://www.cato.org/publications/immigration-research-policy-brief/their-numbers-demographics-countries-origin

and an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants, so doing the quick math, and even roughly 100,000 out of 11 million makes about less than 1 percent that are criminal, which makes it more true that SOME are criminal becuase MOST are not.

you better check your math... That makes 11 million criminals, not 100,000....

but not murderers and rapists, as is relevant in discussing Trumps statements ...

no, the operating word is criminal... He's just starting with the bigger crimes first...but in your statement, you said only 100,000 criminals, and that is false....it's 11 million, by your own words...

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 11:37 AM

I'm always amazed at how so many have been deceived by the media thinking Trump is a racist.

what a ridiculous comment. the media hasn't deceived me in any way, shape, or form about trump's racism.

TRUMP himself has made me believe he's a racist.
and, he regularly confirms that belief by his own words and actions.

the only part the media has played is giving trump the airtime he so craves to make it easy to see, and to determine for myself.

Ok, explain to me what President Trump has said that was racist. Keep in mind I've heard every claim and debunked them all. I live in a 90% black neighborhood and the apartment building I live in is now filled with Trump supporters after having some simple discussions and watching a few videos to see what was really said, and they all finally realized it was the reporters saying things, not President Trump, the media has been twisting things so much it is ridiculous. I wasn't even a Trump supporter in the election, but the lies by the media have turned me into one. I detest lies, which is also why I was never a Hillary supporter, her first claim to fame was being fired from Watergate for lying under oath and unethical behavior, which she has followed up with a laundry list of lies and corruption. Now with all of this Trump Derangement Syndrome going around, people just can't handle that he won the election, and it's pretty pathetic to watch people melting down just because they didn't get their way.

rofl

NO

i, sir, am a child of the south.
i grew up in the heart of dixie.
i went to school in the south.
i've lived the vast majority of my life in the south.

i know racism when i see it.
i neither need nor require trump apologists schooling me on racism, nor when to believe my "lyin' eyes'.

Then you are 100% correct because your eyes are lying to you. You only posted opinion as a response, and while everyone is entitled to their opinion they are NOT entitled to their own facts.

Fact #1, the unemployment rate for black people in the US is the lowest in recorded history. Contrast that to being at one of the highest points under Obama.

Fact #2, you haven't been keeping up with current events, do you know why Democrats had to hijack the Black Lives Matter group? Simple, because the Black Panther party turned on them after realizing they were being used and manipulated by Democrats for decades while saying give Trump a chance after listening to him, read the link if you have guts.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2016/08/29/new-black-panther-leader-we-are-being-pimped-by-democrats-n2211405

Fact #3, more current events as Rasmussen Report show polls up from 19% of black people in the US supporting Trump to 36% on August 5th, 2018 (just 5 days ago). Keep in mind that Rasmussen Report is a liberal Democrat source and they poll primarily in Democratic areas which means nationally Trump's numbers are better when reality is factored in.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/15/poll-donald-trumps-black-approval-rating-almost-double-that-of-last-year/

Fact #4, after more than 30 years in the public eye, Donald Trump was never called a racist until he ran for President. The allegations arose after WikiLeaks published John Podesta's emails which show Hillary and other Democrats saying racist things about black people and Hispanics, so they needed the media (which they pay to lie as proven in the book Clinton Cash with 85 of the biggest names in the news on their payroll) to spin it and claim Trump was racist to cover up her racism. Keep in mind Podesta admitted those were in fact his real emails that were published.

I have more, but if that doesn't start to open your eyes, then nothing will and that would be on you.
don't waste your time, Democrats care nothing for facts, they only hear MSNBC and other Democrats...

FACT: your assertions in this post are not based in FACT.

( but DO appear to be your own partisan assessment.)

FACT: you have no knowledge of the scope of sources i consult to form my opinions and understanding of any matters, let alone those we discuss here. you are merely guessing and projecting.

FACT: you have no knowledge of my party affiliation or if i even claim one at all. again, you are merely guessing and projecting.

these facts as i have laid them out indeed are FACTS, and they are INDISPUTABLE.

none of those are actually facts...but then again, most Democrats can't /won't understand the actual meaning if the word "fact"... Maybe after you go to the dictionary site, try some reading comprehension sites as well, since I said none of these things you're claiming here...

MightyMoe, you sir are 100% correct, as those were opinions against the facts I provided .. which some of them were from liberal Democrat supporting sources, but obviously they were ignored in favor of opinion, bias and prejudice. Liberals are 100% against free speech and open mindedness, just like the Nazis were back in the 1940s. We see it at Berkley where they refuse to allow anyone with a different ideology even speak there because they can not handle opposing ideas. It is very sad the US has come to this where you can't even discuss things openly anymore or include facts.

liberals are no more against free speech and open mindedness than any other American. Tell me how is it different for a college to have discretion based on its students preferences, who it invites to speak (for pay, mind you) and a baker to have discretion based on their clientele and beliefs what cake it will bake?

were these both issues that fall on 'liberal' side? Or is the liberal who wants discretion over speakers they are willing to pay not much different than a baker who wants discretion over what cake they will bake? You can still discuss whatever you want openly, you just cant do it without people having and acting upon their opinions of it, and exercising THEIR right to discuss whatever they want to as well.
well, the Baker went out of business because they didn't want to bake a gay cake...the liberals made them do it, or tried to...there used to be a time in the US when store owners had a right to refuse service to anyone, but the liberals decided they know best...

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 11:33 AM
Basically, anyone who is against any Democrat for any reason is a racist, evil being who hates women and gays too...there's no arguing against it, , the liberals will not tolerate sassy back talk, because racist, evil beings have no rights... And all being done from the safety of their internet cafe safe zones, just because they are scared of running into a non liberal in the real world...

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 11:17 AM

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best," he said, before adding, "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

,,,imagine if any other world leader would say, "when America sends its people, theyre not sending their most respectful, theyre bringing violence, disrespect, lewdness, and some, I assume, are good people."

blanket statements describing most of a group in negative terms can be easily interpreted as bigoted or racist.

calling countries on Africas continent 'shithole' countries, or calling for complete shutdown on MUSLIMS entering the country, or being sued and settling with the justice department for housing discrimination may be some of the reasons people believe he is racist, to name a few.

I happen to believe he is just ignorant and an opportunist who says what his base will get behind. I doubt he has much of ANY experience with or around anyone other than the financial elite to even have a REAL belief or knowledge about any demographic except other rich white males.

you hear a true statement and call racism? Who crosses the Mexican border illegally? The bottom feeders or the well to do citizens? With the exception of Egypt, what countries in Africa aren't shithole countries? Democrats don't want people to know the truth about anything, all they want is to lie and be lied to...

and THERE you have privilege .. do some reading and find out the answers to questions about the stereotypes that are so easily accepted when they arent about US (United States).

shithole is a descriptive and negative term and as subjective as GREAT. But the former about others is just the truth while the latter is a terrible career ending statement. ..... but some will never see the similarity.

Here is the data about Trumps unsupported claim about Mexicans

An estimated 1,955,951 native-born Americans, 117,994 illegal immigrants, and 43,618 legal immigrants were incarcerated in 2016. The incarceration rate for native-born Americans was 1,521 per 100,000, 800 per 100,000 for illegal immigrants, and 325 per 100,000 for legal immigrants in 2016 (Figure 1).

https://www.cato.org/publications/immigration-research-policy-brief/their-numbers-demographics-countries-origin

and an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants, so doing the quick math, and even roughly 100,000 out of 11 million makes about less than 1 percent that are criminal, which makes it more true that SOME are criminal becuase MOST are not.

you better check your math... That makes 11 million criminals, not 100,000....

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 11:12 AM

Why would anyone care what Obama the traitor has to say..other than maybe his last words right before they snuff his lights out..and just to stay on topic ..Cuomo was never great and he would be wise not to piss off the president if he wants to keep his job..It amazes me how ignorant these people are to piss off the guy who has some of the best intelligence in the world and can dig up all the dirt on them and end their careers..just ask Mad Maxine see ya ..another moth to the flame in her career death spiral..when will these people ever learn..smokin

Why would anyone care what Trump the liar has to say? see how easy that is? back to the point though about A politicians words costing them their career. In this case Cuomo did not say anything any more or less offensive than other politicans or even other POTUS, who still maintained a base to stay in office.

So we cant write off anyone just because of their words, or we would not have our current POTUS.

One's 'base' can excuse, explain, or split hairs to maintain their stellar perception of their guy (or gal)

your the hair splitter here... You said you know what Trump was talking about, but yet still call him a racist...you're feeding the stupid Democrats anger, same as the media...you always said you want to be part of the solution, so why are you being part of the problem now?

lol .. you guys are so funny. I did not call him a racist. I was ASKED to provide what he has said that was racist and provided a quote and how it can be perceived as racist. Just like POTUS did not call ALL mexicans animals. I never specifically said TRUMP was racist when asked to provide an example. The problem now is simple reading comprehension and blind partisanship that fights non existent arguments ...lol

I seen you call him a racist, more than once...

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 11:11 AM

I'm always amazed at how so many have been deceived by the media thinking Trump is a racist.

what a ridiculous comment. the media hasn't deceived me in any way, shape, or form about trump's racism.

the only part the media has played is giving trump the airtime he so craves to make it easy to see, and to determine for myself.

Ok, explain to me what President Trump has said that was racist. Keep in mind I've heard every claim and debunked them all. I live in a 90% black neighborhood and the apartment building I live in is now filled with Trump supporters after having some simple discussions and watching a few videos to see what was really said, and they all finally realized it was the reporters saying things, not President Trump, the media has been twisting things so much it is ridiculous. I wasn't even a Trump supporter in the election, but the lies by the media have turned me into one. I detest lies, which is also why I was never a Hillary supporter, her first claim to fame was being fired from Watergate for lying under oath and unethical behavior, which she has followed up with a laundry list of lies and corruption. Now with all of this Trump Derangement Syndrome going around, people just can't handle that he won the election, and it's pretty pathetic to watch people melting down just because they didn't get their way.

rofl

NO

i neither need nor require trump apologists schooling me on racism, nor when to believe my "lyin' eyes'.

Then you are 100% correct because your eyes are lying to you. You only posted opinion as a response, and while everyone is entitled to their opinion they are NOT entitled to their own facts.

Fact #1, the unemployment rate for black people in the US is the lowest in recorded history. Contrast that to being at one of the highest points under Obama.

Fact #2, you haven't been keeping up with current events, do you know why Democrats had to hijack the Black Lives Matter group? Simple, because the Black Panther party turned on them after realizing they were being used and manipulated by Democrats for decades while saying give Trump a chance after listening to him, read the link if you have guts.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholcomb/2016/08/29/new-black-panther-leader-we-are-being-pimped-by-democrats-n2211405

Fact #3, more current events as Rasmussen Report show polls up from 19% of black people in the US supporting Trump to 36% on August 5th, 2018 (just 5 days ago). Keep in mind that Rasmussen Report is a liberal Democrat source and they poll primarily in Democratic areas which means nationally Trump's numbers are better when reality is factored in.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/15/poll-donald-trumps-black-approval-rating-almost-double-that-of-last-year/

Fact #4, after more than 30 years in the public eye, Donald Trump was never called a racist until he ran for President. The allegations arose after WikiLeaks published John Podesta's emails which show Hillary and other Democrats saying racist things about black people and Hispanics, so they needed the media (which they pay to lie as proven in the book Clinton Cash with 85 of the biggest names in the news on their payroll) to spin it and claim Trump was racist to cover up her racism. Keep in mind Podesta admitted those were in fact his real emails that were published.

I have more, but if that doesn't start to open your eyes, then nothing will and that would be on you.
don't waste your time, Democrats care nothing for facts, they only hear MSNBC and other Democrats...

FACT: your assertions in this post are not based in FACT.

( but DO appear to be your own partisan assessment.)

FACT: you have no knowledge of the scope of sources i consult to form my opinions and understanding of any matters, let alone those we discuss here. you are merely guessing and projecting.

FACT: you have no knowledge of my party affiliation or if i even claim one at all. again, you are merely guessing and projecting.

these facts as i have laid them out indeed are FACTS, and they are INDISPUTABLE.

none of those are actually facts...but then again, most Democrats can't /won't understand the actual meaning if the word "fact"... Maybe after you go to the dictionary site, try some reading comprehension sites as well, since I said none of these things you're claiming here...

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 07:52 AM

rofl

NO

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 07:47 AM

Well this heading explains it all..

What is everyone's opinion on dating a coworker?
Good idea or bad idea.

I think it depends on how much you value your job...if you think wasting work time hitting on a coworker is ok, then obviously you don't care about your job anyway, so go for it and then you can find a new job after you're fired or have to quit...

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 07:38 AM

mightymoe's photo
Mon 08/20/18 07:31 AM

Why would anyone care what Obama the traitor has to say..other than maybe his last words right before they snuff his lights out..and just to stay on topic ..Cuomo was never great and he would be wise not to piss off the president if he wants to keep his job..It amazes me how ignorant these people are to piss off the guy who has some of the best intelligence in the world and can dig up all the dirt on them and end their careers..just ask Mad Maxine see ya ..another moth to the flame in her career death spiral..when will these people ever learn..smokin

Why would anyone care what Trump the liar has to say? see how easy that is? back to the point though about A politicians words costing them their career. In this case Cuomo did not say anything any more or less offensive than other politicans or even other POTUS, who still maintained a base to stay in office.

So we cant write off anyone just because of their words, or we would not have our current POTUS.

One's 'base' can excuse, explain, or split hairs to maintain their stellar perception of their guy (or gal)

your the hair splitter here... You said you know what Trump was talking about, but yet still call him a racist...you're feeding the stupid Democrats anger, same as the media...you always said you want to be part of the solution, so why are you being part of the problem now?

mightymoe's photo
Sat 08/18/18 02:45 PM

news doesn't follow a narrative.
(well, maybe at places like fox 'news' it does.)

honestly, i feel like many trump voters were simply duped.
sure, there are plenty that follow him because of his racist and sexist overtones and his 'their fault not ours' overtones, but generally i think many were coerced and misled down a partisan path, and trump simply saw a tree ripe for his exploitation.

i, for one, have long believed that both parties are wounded, if not utterly corrupt. that's what power does, and that's what power seekers seek.
that's why we, as americans, have a duty to be better educated about our system so as not to be hornswaggled by the carpetbaggers.

it's up to US to open our eyes, educate our minds, and stay abreast of the day's events so that WE, THE PEOPLE, guard our precious freedoms...lest they be lost to those that would abuse them, and us.

now you know how others feel about Obama the rest of his liberal ilk

i love how people have been conditioned to ues the word "liberal" as if it's a dirty word, as if it's a bad thing...and, while at the same time touting what they believe are "conservative values", as if believing in the freedom of men and women, or in liberty for all is a bad thing!

laugh
read your history... historically, Democrats have been none of those things....

mightymoe's photo
Sat 08/18/18 12:37 PM
We survived with a lot less for thousands of years without a doomsday device, not sure we'd need one now....

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25