Community > Posts By > bibarnes

bibarnes's photo
Sat 07/11/15 03:17 PM
I am 72 and still able and willing. Minor problem, is no partner. I live in the Lake Chapala region of Mexico and expat women complain that the only men they can meet are married, gay, or going back to the states next Thursday. Trying to get to meet for coffee is damn near impossible, figure that one out.

Sex would be great but, so would coffee and a walk or a sightseeing trip someplace close or not. A movie, dinner, lunch,,,breakfast :-).

Well the last checkup said I had a 40 year old heart and a 60 year old right knee. Gotta be careful to not twist it. All my pieces parts work well, not great like when I was 30 but well enough that I don't have a pharmacy in my bathroom.

Bottom line is that talking about sex should not be a big taboo. It shouldn't be the first conversation either or it might be the last.

bibarnes's photo
Tue 04/07/15 11:53 AM

Hi. I think you have misunderstood the entire discourse that people have participated in here about marriage and divorce.

I do not think anybody wrote with an intention to 'label' or 'condemn' or 'discriminate' or whatever.

People have simply made reference to what the Bible says about the subject in scripture (the Bible).

The duty here is not to write to please anyone in particular or to say only what a particular person wants to read. Ultimately, as the Bible says, each one of us will give account of himself to God. Individual choices and decisions are things that God will never take away from us as human beings - because HE did not make us to be robots. But at the end of everything, we must account back to him for every decision ...fro every action...and even for ..every non-action; vis aviz our acceptance of JESUS CHRIST as LORD and Savior and also vis aviz our having abided in His word or not.
God bless you.

If you have to make an account to God then you are not in Christ. Christ died for your sins before you committed them. Your accounting was done on the cross 2000 years ago. If you are in Christ you are as close to God as you will ever be WE ARE FORGIVEN. We are not required to "work through our salvation." It was a gift that we are only required to accept. Get out of RELIGION and into CHRIST.

Today's churches are more interested in building and committees than in Christ and Him Crucified. We don't need sermons on titheing since that was an Old Covenant rule. Not in the New Covenant. Doesn't mean we shouldn't give, but it changes the impetous. I give because I want to not because I am commanded to.

bibarnes's photo
Tue 04/07/15 11:31 AM
Why the KJV. It is written in the veacular of the times and is confusing at best. In order to understand it you need a Strongs Concordance to explain in todays English what was said in centuries old English. I would suggest the NIV or NKJV, or ASV.

bibarnes's photo
Mon 04/06/15 09:21 AM
Todays churches seem to mock the early churches. They were small gatherings in homes, not a convention of hundreds. There were no boards of this or that, no building committees, no titheing. It was a small group,sometimes just family. We, you and I are the church of the Living God. We are free from the Law and the Rules. God paid a tremendous price and put forth a lot of efort to show us what rules do to us, not for us

. The Catholic Organization has bastardised Christianity to te point of paganism of a grand scale. Baptists,Methodists and the Church of God have shown that joy is to be avoided in music and dance. The Pentacostals beride those who do not speak in tongues and look down on those who do not.

I have attended many different churches in my life and I have yet to find a "real" one. They are all white or all black, very rarely evenly mixed. I have seen self procalimed Apostles. The definition of Apostle is one who walked with Jesus. Even Paul walked with Him. I don't think any of these charlatans are 2000 years old.

I have a peace and joy in knowing that I know God considers me a perfect creation. His crowning glory. I am the apple of His eye and that He would die to ensure my life. Oh yeah He already did that. I can sit in his lap and call him daddy,or pops, or the old man. Yes that is what I said. I am his favorite son because I have Jesus inside of me.

I am so far from perfect that I don't even know what the word means. I am dirty,putrid,smelly and wholly unaccetible. So I ask Jesus to come live in this cesspool and He does, gladly. Now I am presented to God as a pure spotless offering. All without or beside the Catholics, Baptists, Methoduists, Lutherans, etc.

bibarnes's photo
Mon 04/06/15 08:53 AM
It always amazes me that we take the broad term Christian and break it down. To be a Christian,or little Christ, the only requirement is that you accept the fact that Christ is God and that He took away "ALL" your sins and left you clean and holy. "Holy - Set apart for a reason". You can't earn it or perfect it or work for it. It was given as a free gift 2000 years ago.

Mormons work through their salvation through good deeds and titheing. The same with Jehovas Witnesses. "You are saved by faith through grace so that no man can boast." The New covenant started at the exact moment of Jesus' deaath. Let me excplain. You have a rich uncle who names you in his Last Will an Testament to recieve an inheritance. The inheritance does not take place until he dies. Same here,it took the death of Jesus for the new Will, Testament, Covenant to take place.

His teachings inn the Gospels were to show that the law was impossible to live up to. We is the Law and fulfilled the Law. Making us co-heirs with Him.

Let me ask a question, what sins did you commit before Jesus lived on earth? Yeah I know,stupid question. None, you weren't borm yet. Sowhy do we have a problem believing that ALL our sins are forgiven. from when we were little, to to day and tomorrow. To God, time is irrelevant.

A wise man once said 'Don't sweat the small stuff. Oh and it is all small stuff."

Please check out the books, Naked Christianity, and God without Religion. by Dr Andrew Farley. Then look at the website for Church without religion in Lubbock Tx. Go to the archives and watch the weekly sermoons on the book of Ephesians. This Pastor teaches tyhat titheing is not a New Testament requirement. Never mentioned after the Crucifixion, where the New Testament is bequeathed.

BTW,I have no ax to grind here. I live almost 700 miles south of the Texas border and have never met or set foot in that church.

Oh one more thing, Wine and Baptists. Mr Welch invented grape juice for the specific purpose of Communion. Jesus made real alchoholic wine as His firsy miracle. Paul told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach. We are only admonished not to get drunk on it. I have never seen a person get drunk on Welches. Before Louis Pasteur it was not possible for grape juice to last more than a day without fomenting into wine.

bibarnes's photo
Sun 04/05/15 09:56 AM
This is not a repudiation of what you have said but an alternative. You are as close to God today as you will ever be. Jesus died for "ALL" our sins 2000 years ago. That means yesterday's, today's and tomorrow's. Since 2000 years ago all our sins were tomorrow's. We are alive in Christ, we sit with Him next to God and have the resurrection power He gave us. When you are "feeling" down, think upon Him who went down with our sins and raised up without them. He raised us up clean and holy. I can do nothing to better my position with God because it is already made perfect through Christ.

Please do not buy into the "die daily" message. That is a lie. Christ died once for all. Who does "all" not include? Read Ephesians carefully and slowly. Take about a week to let the message sink in.

In Him who saved ALL who believe on Him
Bill

bibarnes's photo
Sun 04/05/15 08:47 AM
Edited by bibarnes on Sun 04/05/15 08:48 AM
I want to pose a trick question. At what point does the New Testament start? Please take some time and look for the meaning of the words Covenant, Testament and Will. I just want to poke some long held teachings and make some true believers think. God did give us brains and said, "come reason with Me.'

bibarnes's photo
Mon 10/27/14 10:30 AM
Christ's appearance on earth preceeded the birth of Mohammed by about 600 years. Mohammed was a warrior, child molester, beheader of innocents and an all around not nice person. Name one person that Jesus harmed or one instance where He advocated violence. Jesus was no more a Muslim than I am (yechh what a thought).

bibarnes's photo
Mon 06/30/14 08:52 AM
I wish people would tell the whole truth. What party tried hard to squelch Civil Rights? Democrats. What paty pushed Clinton to a balanced budget? Republican. Conservatives are not any more racist than Liberals, probably less so. I don't care what color your skin is or where your daddy was born. I want to know, are you honest (leaves out most politicians), and do you have a sense of where this country came from and how we got to be what we are. The US made some boneheaded mistakes and did some terrible things. We also have tried to fix these things. If the US is soooo bad why in the hell do we have millions trying to move here every year?

Someone said "Democracy is a terible form of government, but it is better than all the others." This is not a direct quote but my recollection of it. Of course the US is not a democracy it is a democratic republic and the oldest continuous government in the world. That should say something.

bibarnes's photo
Mon 06/16/14 02:35 PM
Having met the man once (that was enough) I would put more credence in him having a hand in that plot. Look at the history of that family. Daddy was a bootlegger with close ties to the Mafia. He and Bobby were both boinking Marilyn Monroe. Teddy drowned a woman that might have been carrying his child and walked away and almost became president. Teddy was also a drunk. Having encountered him more than a few times at Logan Airport he was always smelling of booze and had the glazed stare of an alcoholic. Back to Jack...What made him a great and revered president was Lee Harvey Oswald..

bibarnes's photo
Mon 06/16/14 02:27 PM
The Iranian government, which the White House is now looking to as a possible partner to help counter the insurgency threatening to split Iraq, was cited just months ago by the Obama administration's own State Department as a prime instigator in that country.

This is the lead paragraph in a Fox News article. Now let me see if I have a grasp on this. You are working on your farm and are bitten by a rattlesnake and almost die. You place sanctions on the nasty snakes and say bad things about them. Then your neighbor's farm starts to have a rat problem. So you invite the snakes in to your home for dinner and drinks and plan a strike against the rats.

Is this close to what is happening in the middle east?

bibarnes's photo
Sat 06/14/14 05:44 PM
Send in a battalion of SeaBees and Army Engineers and turn the whole region into a parking lot. Bulldoze everything in to the Arabian sea. Open the Keystone pipeline, start drilling for the oil in our own country and then we won't miss out on anything except Persian Rugs and sand fleas. Oh yes and IED's

bibarnes's photo
Sat 06/14/14 05:41 PM
While I don't agree with Mr Sterling's statements and do find them distasteful, I also know that he has a right to his vocal opinion. I checked my copy of the Constitution and could not find an article that guarantees a right to not be offended. I have watched TV show language degrade to where children need to be sent to bed by 7:00PM. But let one person use the "N" word and he is hung and drawn and quartered by noon. Unless of course it is used in a Rap "song?"

So the guy is bigoted, so what. There is probably not a single person on the face of the earth that has not used a bigoted/racist remark at least once.

bibarnes's photo
Thu 06/12/14 10:36 AM

Any impeachment would be futile, because impeachment by itself does not result in the removal of a person from public office.

An impeachment results in a trial taking place in the U.S. Senate, and a simple majority of Senators is needed for a conviction. That isn't going to happen with the Senate Democrats being in the majority.

I thought it was a 2/3 majority.

bibarnes's photo
Wed 06/11/14 08:11 PM

People are idiots!

They will blindly vote (after massive media programming) to have themselves taxed and monitored, forced to pay for the very air they breathe, or exhale, while corporations continue to pollute, dump, waste, and obligate the people to pay or take responsibility for THEIR actions (or inaction's).

Much like the rights we have so loyaly conceded to those who are ONLY looking out for our best interests.....

What a bunch of idiots! That fart will cost you a buck! Be sure not to breathe! That's extra!

But we're just doing our part!

So they don't have to.....or take responsibility for it.... by blaming it on US! As usual!

So......How many bankers are in jail for the recession we lost our jobs, homes, and savings in, while paying to bail them out!

Wall street rakes it in! The FED continues to throw money at them on our credit card! Do you feel better off now? Are you better off for it?

How about that "safety" you gave your rights up for? Feel safer?

You must! Our POTUS just released 5 of those who would gladly kill us.... and have.... back into our world! Others (with a Taliban HQ in their country) will monitor them for us..... while OUR NSA monitors US and our soldiers, sons, and daughters, continue to die fighting them for you!

But no worries..... the VA will take care of them when they come home maimed and ravaged by war.... living on the streets and enjoying the freedoms in the country they fought for!

Not just idiots! FOOLS!

How proud we must all be of ourselves!

Please correct me if I misquote the following. I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said, "Those who give up their freedom for security deserve neither."

bibarnes's photo
Wed 06/11/14 08:08 PM

Climate Change

Lines of Evidence: Greenhouse Gases

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JX-ioSmNW8

How do we know that greenhouse gasses lead to warming?

As early as the 1820's, scientists began to appreciate the importance of certain gases in regulating the temperature of earth.

Green house gases which include water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide act like a blanket covering the earth, trapping heat in the lower atmosphere, known as the troposphere.

Green house gasses are critical for keeping the planet warm enough to support life as we know it.

Here's how the greenhouse effect works:

As the sun's energy hits earth, some of it is reflected back to space, but most of it is absorbed by land and oceans.

This absorbed energy is then radiated upward from the surface of the earth in the form of heat.

In the absence of greenhouse gasses this heat would simply escape to space, and the planet's average surface temperature would be well below freezing.

But greenhouse gases absorb and redirect some of this energy downward, keeping heat near the surface of earth.

As concentrations of heat trapping greenhouse gasses increase in the atmosphere, earth's natural greenhouse effect is amplified like having a thicker blanket, and surface temperatures slowly rise.

Reducing the levels of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere would cause a decrease in surface temperature.

Not quite true. Evidence found in ice cores show that as temperature changes the amount of "green house gasses" follow the temperature. This means that we have little to do with climate change. That is also a reduntant statement since Climate is the study of chage in the weather so Climate change could also be called change change. Remember the 1970's? Then we were facing another iceage because of freon and aerosols. Average temps haven't changed in about 10 years. Mt St Helens put more greenhouse gas in the atmosphere than man has in the last 400 years.

bibarnes's photo
Wed 06/11/14 07:59 PM

Rangel is a black puerto rican

Farrakhan most undoubtedly is the most racist preacher YOU have heard about, but doubtful that he is the actual most racist preacher out there,,

Most preachers have breached hate longer than Jesse Jackson who mostly made news because the few statements he made were so UNCHARACTERISTIC and controversial,,,

how do we measure 'levels of corruption'? is taking illegal donations MORE corrupt than evading taxes? is making back room deals for positions MORE corrupt than making back room deal with lobbyists to pass bills ? Is getting a blow job from an intern MORE corrupt than sleeping with a subordinate or soliciting sex in a public bathroom?

how is it measured?

Rangel is a bigoted egotistical blowhard. That said, he has been reelected 10 times. Who is stupid now. I am ashamed to say that I am a native New Yorker but proud to say I had the smarts to get out.

bibarnes's photo
Wed 06/11/14 07:50 PM
I dumped my facebook account about 3 or 4 years ago. I tried playing 2 games from Zynga and I just finally got rid of Zynga spam for good a few months ago. Really now folks when you look at the entries to facebook you have you wonder, "WHY DO I CARE?" I don't really want to know that your newborn has changed the color of their poop from green to brown. Been there done that and listened to Bill Cosby talk about it. I don't care what my best friend had for breakfast, lunch, or dinner so why do I care what you had. I saw a comedian on TV last night that put things in perspective. If we were thrust back 200 years ago and we wanted to communicate we would need to do the following. 1. Find a quill and sharpen it. 2. Find a useable inkball. 3. Find the wax for a seal and then find the seal. Then realize that the post will take a minimum of 2 weeks to get from NYC to Philadelphia if it arrives at all. 4. Forget it and go back to quilting . OMG my BFF won't know that the baby's poop changed color and now stinks to high heaven. Oh well maybe it wasn't so important after all.

Before I am accused of being a Luddite let me give a little background. I started working on computers back in 1963. They had tubes and drum memory and 25bit words and parity checking in the machine code. I have helped design them,test them, install them and for over 20 years program them. Went from wire boards, to teletype, to IBM Selectric to 80 column cards (my paycheck was an 80 column punch card)to 96 column Sys3 cards to CRT's.

I enjoy surfing the internet and learning new things. I like playing games (usually by myself). I also use email but not twitter or texting. My cell phone has voicemail. It also is capable of texting but I only get texts from my provider 3 times a day that I delete without reading.

Sometimes there is WTMI. Let's keep some things to ourselves, especially the color and odor of poop.

bibarnes's photo
Wed 06/11/14 07:21 PM
• A columnist for the Egyptian newspaper Al-Yawm Al-Sabi proposed in March that Egypt sue Israel in international court for reparations for the 10 Biblical plagues cast from Hebrew curses, including boils, lice, locusts and turning the Nile River into blood. Ahmad al-Gamal asserted that Israelites swiped gold, silver and other precious items as they began their legendary desert wandering.
Al-Gamal also wants reparations from Turkey (for the 16th-century Ottoman invasion), France (for Napoleon's invasion in 1798), and Britain (for 72 years of occupation). [Jerusalem Online, 3-30-2014

I think they should go ahead with the suit. First out of the box Egypt would have to admit that Israel has a multi-thousand year old prior claim to their homeland. OOOOPS ,can't have that. Then they would have to admit that the account in Exodus is true, another oops. Then they would have to add God to the suit as a primary because it was Him who did those things. Moses was only the mouthpiece. Then there is the problem of a statute of limitations. I notice that they left out murder. All these "offenses" were committed while the Israelites were slaves in Egypt.

Yeah let's take this to the Hague and try the suit in order of time of offense.

bibarnes's photo
Tue 06/10/14 03:18 PM
How did you know where I used to work????

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 13 14