Community > Posts By > Justfun_1

Justfun_1's photo
Fri 04/17/15 02:22 PM

Haha,you should play 'Fever' for your neighbour,or something by Sade,much more sensual. I don't use tabs because i'm self taught and don't read.My reputation is because of my ear and feel :tongue:

Sade? Drums to Sade?? Hmm.. need to check that out, for the heck of it.. must be pretty boring!
I preferred to find tabs online to have something to go on. So I printed a whole lot of them. Most songs I've played a lot I can do without, but still want the tabs on the music stand... if it isn't there I tend to panic ohwell
Oh,you need someone to show you how to feel.Tabs are okay,but they take away some emotion...
Gorgeous picture by the way flowers

Justfun_1's photo
Fri 04/17/15 01:30 PM
I'm going to go with the curry that Messi mentioned. Yes,i know the topic says 'your' country,but curry was created by the British while in India to disguise the taste of rotten meat many moons ago...

Justfun_1's photo
Fri 04/17/15 01:23 PM
Ocean Colour Scene

Justfun_1's photo
Fri 04/17/15 01:09 PM

Giving whole new meaning to the word "Cranky", lol.. The reason...
2 cups of regular cappuccino... Coffee messes with your bloodsugar levels, among other things, so when I get hungry after drinking regular coffee ... I get a bloodsugar dip, ... hate those, cos they make me ... effing cranky!!

* Breathe, Ang, breathe!! OOOOOOHHHMMM!!! *
* Cook, food, cook! I'm hungry!!! GRRRR * shades
Eat something then lock yourself away and hit your drums Crystal.Maybe turn into a Phil Collins/Robbie Williams and sing out your next song while you beat the skins...:smile:

Lol, yeah, I'll try that next time it happens, hopefully not anytime soon! Just had my dinner, so I'm feeling lots better :) I just have to learn not to drink regular coffee... at home I do a mix, 2/3 regular and 1/3 decaf.
And you reminded me I still have to rehearse percussion for our King's day gig, Say Geronimo. So I may kill the drum kit after all :tongue:
I'll have to do it on roto toms, but I ain't got those, unfortunately, so I'll make do with the toms.
On my way home earlier on Whiskey in the Jar was on the radio.. I think I'm gonna give that a whirl on the kit soon as well. I like the snare flams.
I just had a listen to Geronimo on YouTube,you should have some fun with that,lots of freedom to play around.Whiskey In The Jar is okay too,a nice feel to play along with.Enjoy...

Yeah, gotta listen to it again, and find a rhythm I like. It's quite fast, but should be okay. I'll probably play some drums before trying it, to loosen up a bit. If I can manage the drum solo in "Otherside" RHCP, I'm gonna be so happy I can do Geronimo as well, haha.
Lucky you,should be fun.I have been listening to 23 different songs i will be playing tomorrow night with a band i haven't played with before.No rest for the wicked :smile:

Yeah but you're a professional, I'm not!
But ... I just did "I believe in a thing called love" The Darkness... was fun, not perfect.. don't know the tabs anymore, but my body still remembers most of it ... Then I did an appalling version of "Come as you are", haha. But the second time round it wasn't too bad.
I'm a lazy drummer though, so during the guitar solo, 10x 2 bars, I just relax and don't play, lol. Kinda like 'sod that! Let the guitarist take care of it, I need a break!'
* grin *

Needed water and a smoke, may give Geronimo a whirl in a min... My neighbour is prolly very happy with me, acoustic kit... And she's got a man friend over ... Oh well, then they can do it to my rhythm...
Haha,you should play 'Fever' for your neighbour,or something by Sade,much more sensual. I don't use tabs because i'm self taught and don't read.My reputation is because of my ear and feel :tongue:

Justfun_1's photo
Fri 04/17/15 11:18 AM

2 cups of regular cappuccino... Coffee messes with your bloodsugar levels, among other things, so when I get hungry after drinking regular coffee ... I get a bloodsugar dip, ... hate those, cos they make me ... effing cranky!!

Eat something then lock yourself away and hit your drums Crystal.Maybe turn into a Phil Collins/Robbie Williams and sing out your next song while you beat the skins...:smile:

Lol, yeah, I'll try that next time it happens, hopefully not anytime soon! Just had my dinner, so I'm feeling lots better :) I just have to learn not to drink regular coffee... at home I do a mix, 2/3 regular and 1/3 decaf.
And you reminded me I still have to rehearse percussion for our King's day gig, Say Geronimo. So I may kill the drum kit after all :tongue:
I'll have to do it on roto toms, but I ain't got those, unfortunately, so I'll make do with the toms.
On my way home earlier on Whiskey in the Jar was on the radio.. I think I'm gonna give that a whirl on the kit soon as well. I like the snare flams.
I just had a listen to Geronimo on YouTube,you should have some fun with that,lots of freedom to play around.Whiskey In The Jar is okay too,a nice feel to play along with.Enjoy...

Yeah, gotta listen to it again, and find a rhythm I like. It's quite fast, but should be okay. I'll probably play some drums before trying it, to loosen up a bit. If I can manage the drum solo in "Otherside" RHCP, I'm gonna be so happy I can do Geronimo as well, haha.
Lucky you,should be fun.I have been listening to 23 different songs i will be playing tomorrow night with a band i haven't played with before.No rest for the wicked :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Fri 04/17/15 09:29 AM

Justfun_1's photo
Fri 04/17/15 08:55 AM

Justfun_1's photo
Thu 04/16/15 01:36 PM

Music,to listen to,and to play :smile:

Yeah, self-explanatory, take a guy's kit away ... end up with a grumpy f@rt? :tongue:
So don't take my kit away.Come and play some rhythms with me :smile:

... I could use the practice ...

Are you quite advanced,or would you need to sit on my lap at first,just to get a feel of things ? haha :tongue:

Justfun_1's photo
Thu 04/16/15 01:21 PM

Yeah, self-explanatory, take a guy's kit away ... end up with a grumpy f@rt? :tongue:
So don't take my kit away.Come and play some rhythms with me :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Thu 04/16/15 09:42 AM
Is this the new 'voyeur' thread ? laugh

Justfun_1's photo
Thu 04/16/15 04:43 AM

Justfun_1's photo
Thu 04/16/15 04:01 AM

Thinking ... my garden is starting to look prettier and prettier now things really start blooming :)
My tulips are blooming, orange red and yellow! Forget me nots, bleeding hearts, violets still going ... LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year
Your tulips are blooming ? :tongue:
Oh dear,i think i'm catching phditus laugh

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/15/15 02:52 PM
Light 2 cigarettes.Okay,3,one for her too haha

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/15/15 02:14 PM

Human beings should learn to love & appreciate each other more drinks
Very true :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/15/15 01:24 PM

A few "glass half empty" people here. Human beings do good, and great, things everyday.....We either overlook them or they're not reported on our evening news because the "train wreck" is what sells.

As far as animals and dogs and their intelligence, when they create their own sewer system and stop taking a dump in my yard, we'll talk laugh
And again i refer to myself using the animal kingdom as a comparison to the thread title.I also brought up 'the use of' intelligence in response to a comment...
Yea....that last part was a joke.....but dont let me ruin your pessimism party, carry on lol
My apologies,your humour was overlooked,but very welcome and much needed :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/15/15 01:19 PM

Get a drum riser --> Best seat in the hall?
I had one,but 40km was too far to see haha

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/15/15 01:08 PM

A few "glass half empty" people here. Human beings do good, and great, things everyday.....We either overlook them or they're not reported on our evening news because the "train wreck" is what sells.

As far as animals and dogs and their intelligence, when they create their own sewer system and stop taking a dump in my yard, we'll talk laugh
And again i refer to myself using the animal kingdom as a comparison to the thread title.I also brought up 'the use of' intelligence in response to a comment...

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/15/15 01:01 PM

I don't know if some you folks are kidding or not,I love animals to death myself,but to say you love animals or an animal more than a human,is a total insult to any human being,there'no way to sugarcoat it either,but to each their own!ohwell
I think it's more about respect than love. look around you at what is going on in the world...
I love and respect both humans and animals,I don't think there should be any type of comparison or anything like that,an animal is an animal,and a human is a human,but try telling that to some people,this thread is starting to remind me of the topic the guy post about dating a woman with dog!:laughing:
Haha,thanks for your (lack of) understanding.I was using it as a comparison because of the title on the thread,just to point out that we aren't as great as we think we are...

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/15/15 12:54 PM

I would have stayed there last week if i saw those sites haha

That's what you get when you're hiding behind your drum kit and drinking too much beer :tongue:
I miss all the fun back there haha

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/15/15 12:48 PM

I would have stayed there last week if i saw those sites haha

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25