Community > Posts By > Justfun_1

Justfun_1's photo
Sun 05/10/15 04:31 AM

In my survey of dating sites across the internet, I have come across a consistent, rampant misunderstanding of feudal chivalry, its use in modern times, and its application for females. While it is neither my responsibility nor my obligation to correct this misunderstanding, it will not persist based on my lack of trying to spread more accurate information about chivalry.
I found the three articles I link below using the search term "��the female role in feudal chivalry"�� �- terms which I hope will avoid bias that may have arisen by using terms like the "��passive"�� female role, or the "controlling"�� female role. The results are three of the top seven returns, avoiding sites like Wikipedia, which I think would only compound the misunderstanding.

http://chivalrytoday.com/women-chivalry/

http://chivalrytoday.com/women-and-chivalry/

http://www.usna.edu/Users/history/abels/hh315/Chivalry.htm

While the first two articles are not very good -�� they do not go into detail or provide (literary, historical) examples of exactly what women did as part of chivalry - they both agree on an important point: chivalry did not reduce women to a passive or servile role either then or now.
If you take the time to scroll through the third article (an academic one, so be prepared for a read), you�'ll get a much better-supported argument for exactly what chivalry meant for medieval practitioners. If you read just part I, Abels discusses the modern re-creation of chivalry and how it was interpreted by Victorian morality. If you continue on to V.2, V.3 and VI, Abels goes into the courtly demands on knights, which is mostly where the modern confusion centers on. ("Chivalry"�� defined as being polite and nice to women, as opposed to having feudal obligations and courtly manners.)

To sum up a definition of chivalry, it is: a guiding set of principles that governed how a lower-rank noble was to interact with his feudal lord, behave at court, and manage his social inferiors.
To sum up chivalry as it applied to women of the time, women were to provide judgment, wisdom, and guidance (as decided by social consensus), and to moderate and guide violence to serve more constructive ends.

Now, I don'��t much care if this changes your perception of chivalry, or the respective roles of males and females within the structure of chivalry. I suspect most people are going to either ignore the information here, or pick it apart to help "��prove"�� their own gender-biased agenda. I'm just putting this out here so there'��s a slightly clearer understanding of what the term meant, and how bastardized it has become.

The word " Female" in the place of "women".... isn't helping anyone.
noway
Indeed.Or if we are to be traditional in our chivalry,shouldn't the word be 'lady' ?

Justfun_1's photo
Sun 05/10/15 03:17 AM
Humour,just like beauty,is in the 'eye',or 'ear' of the beholder.I feel that yet again it comes down to some form of chemistry.I love sarcasm,but it's beyond some people,and offensive to others.The same as clumsiness,endearing and funny to some,and ridiculously stupid to others. Hey- ho,the search continues :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Fri 05/08/15 03:05 AM
Feeling fabulous ! Clear blue sky and sunshine ! Did i wake up in another country ? laugh :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Thu 05/07/15 02:57 AM
I did ring a number when i first came on here and didn't know any better.As WonderWoman said,scammers can get a local country code anyway,but it's still worth checking because i've had lots of 0702 numbers which are country divert premium numbers. The one i called was an English code,but i knew straight away when i called because the UK repeats two short rings until answered,and other countries use one long repeated ring. This was a long one so the call was ended quickly and the username blocked from my contacts...
It's all about time and chat/messages isn't it ? Hopefully getting a 'feeling' that he/she is genuine and you both have a need to hear eachothers voices because words on a screen aren't enough anymore :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 05/06/15 05:10 AM

he deactivated alreadywhoa
Really ? Probably a guitarist pretending to be a drummer,we have more staying power than those guys laugh

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 05/06/15 04:55 AM
Yup,it can get lonely at the back of the stage laugh But it's all good fun !
Good luck with your search :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Thu 04/30/15 09:38 AM
Mirage - Clive Cussler

Justfun_1's photo
Thu 04/30/15 04:31 AM
Is that you Slave ?

Justfun_1's photo
Thu 04/30/15 04:24 AM

XslaveX had the same pic up a few days ago .. Perhaps she has changed her handle :-)
I was thinking the same Blondey.Not just the pic,but same location too....

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/29/15 03:06 PM
Please be my future ex wife laugh

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/29/15 02:36 PM
I agree,and it's a word used to describe them by others,not something used by themselves...

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/29/15 02:07 PM
historical A member of an organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travellers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

The above is from Google and the English Oxford dictionary. But in more modern times,and to me,the closest description would be 'bully'.I don't see it having anything to do with race now,other than it's origin.

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/29/15 04:05 AM
Having pets might come into it too.I love animals and would have pets if circumstances allowed it,but if her carpets,furniture and bed were covered in pet hair and she didn't care,that would be a no-no. Also the smell of dogs can make me gag.....

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/29/15 03:34 AM

I think it would be unavoidable to not notice things that might influence me if i was thinking long term. Obvious things like cleanliness would become an issue if it was that bad. But if i liked her a lot,i would hope it would be something to work on.As for choice of books on shelves etc,as long as they weren't tutorials on bomb making or how to get rid of your partners body laugh ,i would just be happy that she was literate and enjoyed reading as i do...

Yonks ago I read or heard somewhere that when you have a look at someone's bookshelf, you know what type of person you're dealing with. I thought about that, and decided it is true. If someone had a look at mine, they'd know what I am about.
My Tarot, Lenormand cards and other oracle cards are in there as well :tongue: And some crystal skulls, that might suffice to scare some off
laugh

Also this dating guru mentioned it as a tip to notice toxic men: If he has fancy magazines on his coffee table that look impressive, but when you look closely, they've never ever been opened.
True,but as long as the subject matter on the bookshelf wasn't offensive,or went against the grain of everything i believe in,i think i would be okay.But we don't really know until we are there do we ?
Also,having to wipe my feet on the doormat on the way out of a house is a bad sign laugh

Justfun_1's photo
Wed 04/29/15 03:18 AM
I think it would be unavoidable to not notice things that might influence me if i was thinking long term. Obvious things like cleanliness would become an issue if it was that bad. But if i liked her a lot,i would hope it would be something to work on.As for choice of books on shelves etc,as long as they weren't tutorials on bomb making or how to get rid of your partners body laugh ,i would just be happy that she was literate and enjoyed reading as i do...

Justfun_1's photo
Tue 04/28/15 07:58 AM

Brilliant! I think one of the best shows we've ever done! The MC-ing (master of ceremony) went really well too, I've seriously outdone myself. Suddenly wasn't nervous anymore..
The only drawback... I'm absolutely totally shattered now...
Yay ! Well done Crystal flowers

Thank you :)

Great pictures too.Next time you should sing Legs by ZZ Top :tongue:

Justfun_1's photo
Tue 04/28/15 06:43 AM
It would appear that misty has some competition laugh

Justfun_1's photo
Tue 04/28/15 05:29 AM

Brilliant! I think one of the best shows we've ever done! The MC-ing (master of ceremony) went really well too, I've seriously outdone myself. Suddenly wasn't nervous anymore..
The only drawback... I'm absolutely totally shattered now...
Yay ! Well done Crystal flowers

Justfun_1's photo
Mon 04/27/15 02:59 PM

Or perhaps we just like to mess with your heads rofl
I like to have my heads messed with by a smart woman laugh

Hi Blondey flowers

Justfun_1's photo
Mon 04/27/15 02:09 PM

am wondering if this is real.u have another thread extolling his virtues and asking what to surprise him with yet this one is like a saga of how your man don't treat u rightspock
It does keep it fun though doesn't it Lynn.The Op has 2 different threads,and this one has been hijacked as usual by another member to suit her own thoughts laugh

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25