Community > Posts By > Justfun_1

Justfun_1's photo
Tue 07/28/15 07:50 PM
For all the right reasons,yes i would. I have nothing to hold me back here.

Justfun_1's photo
Tue 07/28/15 04:41 PM
I spent a while reading posts and finding out how it worked before i just jumped in. I still read more than i comment. Sometimes i get return comments,and sometimes i don't. It's all good fun and often very interesting.I still think i suffer with my previously naive choice of username,but we live and learn don't we...

Justfun_1's photo
Tue 07/28/15 08:44 AM
My sarcasm. In my mind,people know that i'm not being serious,but to that certain few,i am a complete jerk because they don't understand my sense of humour...

Justfun_1's photo
Tue 07/28/15 08:33 AM
Hector and the Search for Happiness. A bit different,but thoughtful and entertaining...

Justfun_1's photo
Tue 07/28/15 08:05 AM

I realized last night my last date (meet and greet) was 9 months ago. Yes, that's right, 9 months. I was so fed up with it after that one, that I decided to sod it for a while. And I still feel like sodding it for another while, like maybe a decade, lol.
That does mean that it becomes easier, and more and more pleasant, to just do my own thing, meaning it will become more and more difficult to fit a partner into my life.

I like people, but I also like being by myself. I can easily spend days without seeing other people, apart from going to the supermarket a few times a week. I don't need to be out and around other ppl much in order to be happy.
But if I continue that way, I'm doomed ... and I DO want to find a partner. I really do not want to stay on my own for the rest of my life.

And I seriously dislike meet and greets. Spending all that time talking to someone online before you do a meet and greet. I usually feel I got better things to do with my time. Isn't that something...
To me dating is fun once I've met someone and there is a click. But all these meets & greets ... waste of time.

So I've come to kind of avoid chatting with other singles on Dutch sites, cos most what you get is like the "Hello dear" stuff you get via PM here. Mostly mind-numbing chit.

All this has me wondering what other people actively do to meet a potential partner.
So what do you really do?
And how much time do you spend on it? (I used to spend a lot of time on it, but learnt that more time does not automatically render more dates. It does eat up more of my time.)
you have no idea how closely you just described my life..huh

got no answers for ya but ya feel myself going down that same road
I have to agree with both of you,i'm cluless as to what i should do different. I get told that it should be easier for me as a musician playing all over the place,but the reality is that i don't have much time to get to know people while there,and if i do,they are often too drunk at the end of the night for me to take them seriously...

Justfun_1's photo
Tue 07/28/15 07:47 AM
Hot Bodies...NOT a zombie love story laugh

Justfun_1's photo
Tue 07/28/15 04:42 AM
1. How many times have you been married? Never married

2. How many children and grandchildren do you have? No kids

3. Do you still keep in touch with your exes? No,just small talk if we happen to bump into each other.

I'm not looking for marriage, but i'm not saying it would never happen if that 'love' thing happened again :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Mon 07/27/15 05:30 PM
Hell no ! She had friends with benefits while we were together,that's why it ended. I wouldn't give her the satisfaction now...

Justfun_1's photo
Mon 07/27/15 12:21 PM

The trend in the dating world now is that when two people are in love, they have to engage in sex to truly express their love for each other. And I must say that this belief is spread among many ladies and its just due to their emotional build up. To make it worse, some guys think about the one they love even while having sex with you. Trying to buy a guy's love through sex is just a waste of time. If he gonna love you, he 's gonna do that even without sex, Sex does not guarantee love. Refuse/reject/resist/shun sex before marriage and we will bow at your feet!!
I'm thinking you need to start using the word 'I' instead of generalising about men. And use the word 'some' instead of 'most' when you refer to women.
It sounds like you have had some bad experiences Uche,but hopefully you will realise that there's someone for each of us if you are patient...

Justfun_1's photo
Sun 07/26/15 04:01 AM
5pm gig today,so should be home for 9pm...today is feeling good.
Being on a beach under the sun sounds better though,but this is England,so that ain't gonna happen...:smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Sat 07/25/15 07:44 AM

I use it to learn new songs,then i watch Frasier for a laugh :smile:

LOVE Frasier! Downloaded the huge file and take it everywhere. That and Boston Legal. :)
It's always good for a 25 minute happy distraction isn't it ? And such a great cast ! :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Sat 07/25/15 05:06 AM

Looking at a guy playing drums to "Killing Strangers" - Marilyn Manson.
He's got NINE quality cymbals, two splashes, 5 toms... hot dang it. I feel greedy now.
That's just greedy,he can only hit one at a time laugh

Lol... But he uses most of them in the song. I'm seriously grumble now, haha. Just one friggin splash and two decent cymbals would make me happy. Oh, and roto toms. And a cowbell. Maybe I should start playing the lottery again ...
I'll make do with my top of the range kit and cymbals this weekend.Not as many as your guy on YouTube,but i'll go with quality over quantity haha

Justfun_1's photo
Sat 07/25/15 04:55 AM

Looking at a guy playing drums to "Killing Strangers" - Marilyn Manson.
He's got NINE quality cymbals, two splashes, 5 toms... hot dang it. I feel greedy now.
That's just greedy,he can only hit one at a time laugh

Justfun_1's photo
Sat 07/25/15 04:53 AM
I use it to learn new songs,then i watch Frasier for a laugh :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Thu 07/23/15 04:21 AM
Edited by Justfun_1 on Thu 07/23/15 04:22 AM

Someone asking "does my bum look big in this" is actually asking if she looks okay or not. She feels a bit insecure and wants to know if she's attractive.
If her man answers, "yes, your butt does look big, no wait, you but IS big", he is an @$$ in my book for deliberately hurting the one he's supposed to love.
At times we all get a little insecure about our looks, depending on the context. Logical you turn to your partner for some support. If they'd use that opportunity to belittle and knock us, what kind of partner are they?

Maybe instead of thinking it's oh-so chivalrous to tell the absolute truth, convincing yourself it's the right thing to do, bear in mind that it's a true gift that your woman turns to you when she feels vulnerable. Because she trusts you and loves you. Trampling that trust isn't exactly chivalrous.
The "does my bum look big" question has been going around for years hasn't it,so i would think of it as a playful question. My answer ? That would be playful too,maybe just a knowing smile. After all,it's usually asked in an existing relationship,so i'm going to take it for granted that i like her bum anyway,and i'm going to enjoy saying something or giving a look to make her feel good.
There are 'truths'.and there are 'truths'. We hope we are wise enough to distinguish between the two,and not have the need to use sledgehammer honesty when it's not really necessary...

Justfun_1's photo
Tue 07/21/15 05:56 PM
For me,the hope is to find someone compatible. So by that i mean someone who does things that might not suit me,but it doesn't matter because i'm happy that she's happy,and vice versa. We might do things that would be annoying if done by others,but for some reason it's now endearing.
So i'm not going to say i would change for someone because i was asked to,but i think there are some things that might change naturally because it felt right to do so.
Sometimes i read back my own comment and realise why i've been single for so long.But why should any of us settle for second best ? I'm not going to change who i am right now for myself,it just takes that one person to accept that...

Justfun_1's photo
Mon 07/20/15 03:48 PM
A refreshingly good profile...welcome :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Mon 07/20/15 05:14 AM
A tasteful bikini pic is fine,but i wouldn't suggest having it as your main profile picture. Let it be a nice surprise after someone has looked at your profile for the right reasons :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Sat 07/18/15 06:48 AM
I have my doubts if i take 'love at first sight' literally. Without any conversation it's purely physical,so more like 'lust at first sight'.
Then we have the 'something about' factor,where you feel you have to get to know someone.That works much better,especially if it's mutual.So i don't think there is love at first sight,just a powerful attraction.And if you are very lucky,love will follow quickly :smile:

Justfun_1's photo
Sat 07/18/15 05:41 AM

So ladies I had a lady friend tell me the other day that I was just to nice of a guy so I don't know how to take that any suggestions would be appreciated?

Sorry...Your screwed.

Women don't want 100% nice guys. They want nice guys who know when and how to be bad... when that is warranted.
What devildog said. I was being too nice with my previous comment laugh

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25