Community > Posts By > Inkracer

Inkracer's photo
Wed 04/08/09 02:27 PM

:tongue: Now I am wondering how, in a polite way, can I explain to someone that everything they just said was incorrect.laugh lollaugh

Just come out and say it. Those that enter this thread to actually learn will be able to, and it's not like anything you say will actually change the persons mind. Just look at the mounds of irrefutable evidence that has been posted in the countless threads on this subject.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 04/07/09 07:28 PM

Gotta admit, I thought it was a pretty weak 'Mania. Especially considering that it was the 25th anniversary.

Technically, Next year is the 25th Anniversary. But it sounds weird saying "Welcome to Wrestlemania 26, the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania!

As for the matches this year, I thought the Jericho v. Legends match was well done, and Ricky Steamboat really held his own, which was cool to see.

The Match of the Night was definitely 'Taker v. HBK. It will be difficult for any match to beat that for Match of the Year.

The Championship matches could have been better, but I think that what really hurt them was the storylines leading up to the matches.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 04/07/09 06:50 PM

When One takes time to SERIOUSLY study the Bible...flowerforyou

one will find that

God is NOT AGAINST Science....

or Great Technology..

or Great Minds

Making Great Discoveries...

But instead...

one will find that God is

FOR Science ....

And FOR Great Technology.

And God GAVE us great minds to THINK with and USE !!drinker

Afterall, God is the ONE Who CREATED it ALL !!

drinker:heart:flowerforyou

The Bible: Brought to you by the same people who told us the Earth was flat, and the Sun revolved around the Earth.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 04/07/09 07:16 AM
I have only ever seen the "Evolution=Religion" argument made by people who instantly discredit all evidence, and only use the argument to put their beliefs on a falsified equal footing with science.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 04/06/09 09:44 PM

I started reading all the responses to this great question before I gave up. These Christians avoided the question at all cost, until a few non-believers started voiceing their opinions. Then, quickly, the Christians ran to the defense of Christianity by saying it's not torture, with very little explanation. As an atheist, I would like to point out that Bible calls for a town to stone a child to death if s/he is disobediant. I consider stoning a form of torture, because you die slowly and it hurts. So do take this wonderful question a step further, how do Christians deal with verses that deal with stoning children to death if Christianity doesn't permit torture?

Christianity says nothing about stoning anyone. In 3,000 BC Judism this might have been the case - but you won't find it anywhere in Christianity. So, as I Christain - I might suggest to you that you learn about that in which you don't believe if you are going to commet on it, and at least get it right.

Directly from your Holy book:
Exodus 19:13 There shall not an hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live: when the trumpet soundeth long, they shall come up to the mount.
Deuteronomy 13:10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Deuteronomy 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
Deuteronomy 22:21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
Hebrews 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

Numbers 15:36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

Joshua 7:25 And Joshua said, Why hast thou troubled us? the LORD shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones.

1 Kings 21:13 And there came in two men, children of Belial, and sat before him: and the men of Belial witnessed against him, even against Naboth, in the presence of the people, saying, Naboth did blaspheme God and the king. Then they carried him forth out of the city, and stoned him with stones, that he died.

need any more?

Inkracer's photo
Mon 04/06/09 08:51 PM

You can make a zombie by giving someone Kirari. Its been recorded happening in Haiti and Africa. bigsmile Yes there are a tremendous amount of similarities between Jesus of Nazareth and Krishna. Horus is always the one that blows me away however but I didnt see all of these between him and Krishna. huh

Wiki says Kirari is a Japanese singer and songwriter. So J-Pop does cause zombism! I knew it! :laughing: I it something similar to "The Serpent and the Rainbow" movie plot?
Seems I have heard of similarities with Horus, but I not taken the time to check it out; I'll have to do that.

If you feel like doing some digging, I listed a number of Horus' similarities with Jesus in one of my (many) arguments on here.
Or, you could just use the site you got the info on Krishna from, because that is where I got the info about Horus.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 04/06/09 06:14 PM

Not one "Missing Link" has ever been provided to "Prove" Evolution beyond a shadow of a doubt.

It's a little long, but watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRsWAjvQSg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils

Inkracer's photo
Sat 04/04/09 07:48 PM

My "recent activity" screen says that someone messaged me, but I have no message. Help??

Same thing happened to me a while back, but since it was a message from a cyber-stalker, I didn't mind not getting the message, and not trying to figure out what is said...

Inkracer's photo
Thu 04/02/09 05:01 PM
All That info^ In a nice little diagram v

Inkracer's photo
Wed 04/01/09 10:15 PM
people like you amaze me why don't you read the whole chapter and then put it in context.instead of taking verses that are negitive to you and putting ur thoughts to it instead of what it meant to be. all you see is me against you and the meaning is follow Christ or you won't be worthy of forgivness

And I find people like you absolutely hilarious. We post the first part of the passage, and you say "You didn't read the whole passage, it's out of context" Now, I put the whole passage, and the best you can come up with is "You didn't read the whole chapter" Guess what? I have. Not only have I read the whole chapter, I have read the whole damn book.
There are many things that aren't taken out of context, they are just taken out of the book. "Out of Context" is apparently a catch-all for things that modern religious people don't agree with, so that they can still claim that morality comes from their holy book...

besides you still didn't answer the main question

As my previous post was pointing out, there are many things that are condoned in the bible, that we as society, would frown upon, and punish. If you were to stone me to death, because I am a "heathen", then, according to the bible, you are doing good. Guess what? Your butt would still wind up in jail. That isn't coming from a holy book, that is coming from society.

Inkracer's photo
Wed 04/01/09 10:05 PM

scotland won 2.1 btw gd luck america 2nyt against t@t!!

Congrats to Altidore on becoming the Youngest US player to get a Hat Trick. US wins, 3-nil.

drinker

Inkracer's photo
Wed 04/01/09 08:04 PM
Edited by Inkracer on Wed 04/01/09 08:06 PM

i have to dissagree with you.

tell me if your a humanist how do you tell right from wrong?
if you actually believe you are a humanist then you believe you come from animals and animals have no apparent morals and the biggest and strongest rule.

i know from your parents and so on but where did morals start in the humanist point of view?

it's easy for me THUS SAYS THE LORD.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Yep, that's a good thing to do...
huh
try quoting something from the new testiment!!!!!
besides if humanism is what we should think then i guess it's alright to rape murder and steal because without the bible people wouldn't have a clue as to right and wrong.you didn't answer my question, where do you get em?
there was another thread about this very thing

You do realize that there are several passages in the bible that endorse rape as okay, right?

Here is your NT for you:
"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it."

Inkracer's photo
Wed 04/01/09 07:46 PM

i have to dissagree with you.

tell me if your a humanist how do you tell right from wrong?
if you actually believe you are a humanist then you believe you come from animals and animals have no apparent morals and the biggest and strongest rule.

i know from your parents and so on but where did morals start in the humanist point of view?

it's easy for me THUS SAYS THE LORD.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Yep, that's a good thing to do...
huh

Inkracer's photo
Tue 03/31/09 09:53 PM

If you are equating dark with black...

think again as black is the presense of all colors.

White is the presence of all colors. Black is the absence of color.
It actually is not a color by definition.

Actually, it depends.

If we are talking about light, then black is the absence of color.
If we are talking about pigments(as in paint), then black is the presence of all colors.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 03/31/09 09:38 PM

Oh, by the way - as for the future of religion,

unless someone comes up with something totally original, all current and future religions are doomed to continue to 'evolve' based on old worn out ideas.

Perhaps they'll evolve out of existence!

I base my beliefs about where religion will end up based on 2 things, what I will refer to as "the Evolution of Religion" and the role that Science plays in it.

You look back at the origins of religion, and you have Sun gods, Moon gods, Ocean/Water gods, etc. But, as people learned more about their surrounding, the gods slowly disappeared, to what we have now, Monotheistic religions. I feel that Science has already done an excellent job at placing doubt as to whether there is a deity or not.
In all honesty, I do look forward to the day where religion is a thing of the past, but, as i said in my first post in this thread, I don't believe I will actually be lucky enough to actually see that day.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 03/31/09 07:12 PM
Well, I'll add my 2 cents on the title of this thread "Future of Religion"

I believe that we are currently at a crossroad, not just for the "modern" religions, but for religion as a whole. Unfortunately, I don't feel we are close enough to the end of this crossroad that we will be able to do more than just imagine a world with no religion. I do think eventually there will be no religion, because, since its invention, it's grasp as gotten smaller and smaller, eventually, Science will fill up that whole completely.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 03/30/09 04:21 PM

flowerforyou How many people in this thread actually know who Charles Darwin was and who has actually read "Origin of Species"?flowerforyou

I know who Darwin is, Haven't gotten to read "Origin of Species" yet.

bigsmile You should look it up online. bigsmile You dont have to read the whole book.bigsmile Chapter XIV of "Origin Of Species"is the recapitulation and conclusion.bigsmile Also there is "The Descent of Man" and you could just read chapter XXI which is also the general summary and conclusion.bigsmile Both of them together are less than 10 pages so it wouldnt be too hard to read.bigsmile I recommend that to anyone that doesnt have time to read the whole works of Darwin but wants to see his words with their own eyes.bigsmile

Did better than find it online. I downloaded it to my iPhone. I'm in the process of reading The Origin of Species now.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 03/30/09 12:43 PM
So what you are saying i that your expectations of God is to be a loving God - jet not a just one, and on top of that, that he fullfill your requirements of what "love" is. Next - you expect god to take responsibilitiy for the actions of men, and allow some behaviors, but not others. So what you are saying - is that you are God's judge. How did that come to be? How is it that God is not allowed to judge man for his actions - but is held responsibile for allowing them? Perhaps the idea of this "loving God" that you are presuming is but a mere figment of your imagination. Since you are not God - you cannot presume to assume that you know how God has influenced anyone who participates in genocides - or abates in the starvation of those in countries where the military and dictators control all of the weath and power despite the wealfare of their "subjects". A closer examination reveals the selfishness of man - not the lack of compassion of God. Do you not think that there is enough food thrown away in this country alone on a daily basis to feed all of the starving people in Africa? So where does the blame belong? Man is rebellios - and they will do what they want - despite the consequences to themselves, or how it makes others feel.

I am not the one saying that god is loving. You hear it every Sunday in church, and by a number of posters on this board. It's not blaming god for man's actions, I find it very hard to believe something that supposedly loves us would just sit idly by while these events are occurring. Simple research shows that a number of the genocides committed throughout history have had religion as a major influence into it's cause. I also find it hard to belief in something like a god, that would give man a choice, and then punish us if it feels we made the wrong choice. Basically, god is punishing us, because of his own decision about us. As I stated last time, I refuse to belief in, and worship something that I am so obviously morally superior to.

You yourself are a prime example. Obviously you could care less about your parents - you're going to satisfy your own desires despite what it might do to others. If you developed blood poisoning on your next tatoo, are you going to blame your parents for it? Are you going to care one iota about their having to watch helplessly as you play russian roulette with a loaded gun?

Those are pretty big assumptions on your part. Where did I ever say I don't care about my parents? Where did I say my parents are the "ones to blame" for me getting a tattoo? Why would I blame them, for my own choices and actions?
huh

You're a walking contradiction Inkracer, and I can't follow your logic on the conclusions you've come to about the nature of God.

This line is really quite hilarious. You make that claim, yet I have not changed in anything I have said. YOU on the other hand, have constantly changed your arguments, trying to give yourself a false sense of superiority.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 03/30/09 11:07 AM
Best Horoscopes I've ever seen:

AQUARIUS - Jan 20 - Feb 18:

You're Gonna Die.

PISCES - Feb 19 - Mar 20:

You're Gonna Die.

ARIES - Mar 21 - Apr 19:

You're Gonna Die.

TAURUS Apr 20 - ay 20:

You're Gonna Die.

GEMINI May 21 - June 20:

You're Gonna Die.TWICE

CANCER June 21 - July 22:

You're Gonna Die.

LEO July 21 Aug 22:

You're Gonna Die.

VIRGO - Aug 23 - Sept 22:

You're Gonna Die.

LIBRA - Sept 23 - Oct 22:

You're Gonna Die.

SCORPIO - Oct 23 - Nov 21:

You're Gonna Die.

SAGITRARIUS Nov 22 - Dec 21:

You're Gonna Die.

CAPRICORN - Dec 22 - Jan 19:

You're Gonna Die.

laugh laugh

Inkracer's photo
Sun 03/29/09 11:52 PM
I've sorta been fighting with myself on whether or not to post this topic, but I think that boo2u's topic has driven me to post this one.

Why do you believe(or not believe) what you believe?

I'm not looking for answers like "because my holy book says X". I want this to be a topic where you really do some soul searching, and share your answers. This topic is not meant to "recruit" people to one side or another, just a way for us to get to know each other a little bit better.

For me, I was raised in an Episcopal household, though looking back I never felt I actually believed, more of just going thru the motions.(what I would call a "safe bet believer") Then, certain events happened, which just really pushed me away, not only from Christianity, as a whole, but pretty much all mainstream, monotheistic religions. I did some searching, eventually just accepted the fact that I have never truly believed.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25