Community > Posts By > Inkracer

Inkracer's photo
Sun 04/26/09 12:04 PM

Haven't gotten anything thru e-mail, but somehow, Bible-Thumpers got my cell #, and now, 2 weeks out of every month I get phone calls telling me I need to "Find Jesus". On top of that, it's a recorded message, so I can't do anything about it.(I have put my # on the DNCL, filed a complaint, and nothing has worked...)

you could do a number lookup. find out where they are and have a nice chat wit 'em.

Well, I knew where the calls were coming from by the area code (thank you, WWE laugh )

Finally, what I did was listen to the whole darn message, got a number at the end of it, and left a message, "Lose my number, or I press charges."

Inkracer's photo
Sun 04/26/09 08:31 AM
Every Generation of Every Religion that has a "doomsday prophecy" believes the end will come during their lifetime. They have been wrong up to this point, and I see no reason why that trend won't continue.

Inkracer's photo
Sat 04/25/09 06:12 PM

and I always find it useful to bring up how
their loving sensitive personal god
delights in little children starving to death

what helps is when you can show 'em pictures.

Yeah no kidding. It's also useful against rapid anti-abortionists too. It drives me crazy when they spout off about how wrong an abortion is but they'll do nothing about the 30000 or so actually born kids that die from starvation each and every day on this planet.

My favorite thing to do is to ask three little questions about god...
Usually goes something like this:
Me: You're Imaginary Friend-
Them: God. His name is God.
Me: Whatever, anyway, your little sky man is supposed to be All-knowing, right?
Them: Of Course!
Me: Your little friend is supposed to be All-Powerful, right?
Them: You Bet!
Me: And you believe that he is loving?
Them: Yes! He Shows his lov-
Me: So, your imaginary friend, knows what is going to happen, like 9/11, the Holocaust, or the famine going on right now, has the power to step in, and protect those people who died, rather savagely I might add, but didn't. Are you sure you know the definition of love?

Inkracer's photo
Wed 04/22/09 02:50 PM

It is interesting that ultimately religion deals with dealing with death, why are we so afraid of dying?

because no-one can seem to imagine a world without them in it.

Which really shouldn't be that hard. The Earth has been around for Billions of years before we showed up, and it's been around for thousands of years since we first showed up.
I imagine the world without me in it would look pretty similar to how it looks now. Overall the same, but with some differences.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 04/21/09 07:15 PM

Do you think Gay's should be allow to marry?

Absolutely. The only reason you have people against it, is because of words they put in their imaginary friend's mouth.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 04/20/09 02:06 PM
By this parable, the Lord Buddha teaches that we should respect all other ligitimate religions and their beliefs.

huh

So, what makes a religion/belief system legit?

Inkracer's photo
Mon 04/20/09 02:04 PM
Haven't gotten anything thru e-mail, but somehow, Bible-Thumpers got my cell #, and now, 2 weeks out of every month I get phone calls telling me I need to "Find Jesus". On top of that, it's a recorded message, so I can't do anything about it.(I have put my # on the DNCL, filed a complaint, and nothing has worked...)

Inkracer's photo
Sun 04/19/09 06:47 PM

Inkracer's photo
Sun 04/19/09 04:30 PM
darwin a scientist?
he went to bible college and after that he studied birds for five years.have you ever actually read anything on this nutcase

So let me get this straight, when one of those "bible colleges" gives rise to a prominent opponent to Evolution, it's a good school, but when it could have possibly given rise to the man who came up with the Scientific Theory(you know, the kind that uses facts) of Evolution, you see it has the rest of us see it on a normal day?

laugh laugh laugh rofl rofl

Inkracer's photo
Sun 04/19/09 04:25 PM
Elijay said:

Interesting - all quotes from the Old Testament. Perhaps you are unaware that Christainity did not exist at this time.

So basically, what I am gathering from this quote is that the OT cannot be taken into account for the beliefs of Christians.

Then you say:
For one - Christianity is absolutely dependent on the Old Testament.

Which flies in the face of almost everything you have said on this forum.

Either the OT has nothing to do with Christianity, and it should be removed from the "Buy Bull", or it is dependent on it, and the points that many of us have made against portions of it, are valid arguments.

But, I'm sure you will twist the meaning of the words so that your words are all in agreement...

Inkracer's photo
Sun 04/19/09 07:40 AM

God doesn't threaten anyone.

God gave man a free will....

To choose

either to

Believe on Him

or

not Believe on Him.

MAN'S CHOICE.

God doesn't FORCE man to do anything:heart:

Then why punish us for making the "wrong choice"?

All that does is punish us for his decision.

Inkracer's photo
Fri 04/17/09 09:22 PM
That is a shifting middle to the argument you are attempting to make. You claim that stoning is part of Christain doctrine - it's not. It might have been part of the mosaic Law - but then your problem is with Judism - not Christianity. And any attempt to equate the two would swiftly be shot down by any inquiry of a Rabbi.

So I repeat - Christianity says nothing about stoning anyone. You chose a bad example to attept to support your earlier post. I'll just assume that you spoke prematurely on your claim about my posts.
I have little need to post on topics that I have not researched or studied - and your claiming that I have without providing references is only proving my point.

You can't sit there and make the claim that Old Testament =/= Christianity, when so many Christians out there use it to infringe upon the rights of others.
Like I said before, If the Old Testament truly and nothing to do with the Christian religion, it would not be a part of the bible.

Inkracer's photo
Fri 04/17/09 08:21 PM

There's nothing like holding a stance from pure ignorance of a topic.
So please - take your own advice and stop commenting on topics you're uneducated about.

That is hugely ironic coming from you.

Care to back up that statement with some sort of example.

Example:

I started reading all the responses to this great question before I gave up. These Christians avoided the question at all cost, until a few non-believers started voiceing their opinions. Then, quickly, the Christians ran to the defense of Christianity by saying it's not torture, with very little explanation. As an atheist, I would like to point out that Bible calls for a town to stone a child to death if s/he is disobediant. I consider stoning a form of torture, because you die slowly and it hurts. So do take this wonderful question a step further, how do Christians deal with verses that deal with stoning children to death if Christianity doesn't permit torture?

Christianity says nothing about stoning anyone. In 3,000 BC Judism this might have been the case - but you won't find it anywhere in Christianity. So, as I Christain - I might suggest to you that you learn about that in which you don't believe if you are going to commet on it, and at least get it right.

Directly from your Holy book:
Exodus 19:13 There shall not an hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live: when the trumpet soundeth long, they shall come up to the mount.
Deuteronomy 13:10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Deuteronomy 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
Deuteronomy 22:21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
Hebrews 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

Numbers 15:36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

Joshua 7:25 And Joshua said, Why hast thou troubled us? the LORD shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones.

1 Kings 21:13 And there came in two men, children of Belial, and sat before him: and the men of Belial witnessed against him, even against Naboth, in the presence of the people, saying, Naboth did blaspheme God and the king. Then they carried him forth out of the city, and stoned him with stones, that he died.

need any more?

Interesting - all quotes from the Old Testament. Perhaps you are unaware that Christainity did not exist at this time.

Aren't you the one who claims to know all about Christainity. I asked you to show me where in the New Testament (The scriptures from which Christianity gets it's name) where stoning was mandated, and you quote me the Law!

So you've fallen short of your example of my not knowing about that which I discuss by demonstrating that you do not know about that which you talk.

Once again - making my point.

It's still part of you holy book is it not? If the Old Testament had nothing to do with Christianity, it wouldn't be a part of the bible.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 04/16/09 09:13 PM

So please - take your own advice and stop commenting on topics you're uneducated about.

Care to back up that statement with some sort of example.

Example:

I started reading all the responses to this great question before I gave up. These Christians avoided the question at all cost, until a few non-believers started voiceing their opinions. Then, quickly, the Christians ran to the defense of Christianity by saying it's not torture, with very little explanation. As an atheist, I would like to point out that Bible calls for a town to stone a child to death if s/he is disobediant. I consider stoning a form of torture, because you die slowly and it hurts. So do take this wonderful question a step further, how do Christians deal with verses that deal with stoning children to death if Christianity doesn't permit torture?

Christianity says nothing about stoning anyone. In 3,000 BC Judism this might have been the case - but you won't find it anywhere in Christianity. So, as I Christain - I might suggest to you that you learn about that in which you don't believe if you are going to commet on it, and at least get it right.

Directly from your Holy book:
Exodus 19:13 There shall not an hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live: when the trumpet soundeth long, they shall come up to the mount.
Deuteronomy 13:10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Deuteronomy 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
Deuteronomy 22:21 Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
Hebrews 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

Numbers 15:36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

Joshua 7:25 And Joshua said, Why hast thou troubled us? the LORD shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones.

1 Kings 21:13 And there came in two men, children of Belial, and sat before him: and the men of Belial witnessed against him, even against Naboth, in the presence of the people, saying, Naboth did blaspheme God and the king. Then they carried him forth out of the city, and stoned him with stones, that he died.

need any more?

Inkracer's photo
Thu 04/16/09 08:58 PM
Would You Eat Someone In Order To Survive?

questions like this are always hard for my to answer, partly because there are really a lot of factors involved, and, because all we are doing is answering hypothetically, and we won't ever know the true answer until we are put in that situation.

I would like to think if I survived whatever instance lead to the dilemma as one of the healthier ones, and there was a strong chase of rescue, I probably would eat someone else in order to survive.
I can't really see myself doing it for a maybe, though.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 04/16/09 08:48 PM

Have you ever been so pissed off at somebody but still found the need to bail them out?

My friends are the kind of friends that are in the jail cell with you, not bailing you out...

drinker :banana: laugh laugh

Inkracer's photo
Thu 04/16/09 08:05 PM

even the military is or has been cracking down on tats. No longer you can not have them visable on the arms, necks etc. as they portray the military as thugs to others in the world..

Maybe I'm reading too much into your post, but the Military(or, at least the army) has become less stringent about tattoos. Now, you can have them as long as they are covered in the Class A uniform, and you can get a new tattoo with permission from you command. At one time recently(not sure if it's still the case) but new recruits were/are allowed to have tattoos on the hands and neck.

Other than my Military career, all my other jobs have been pretty lax about tattoos. I even got one of my 1/2 sleeves done, and had is visible, with no complaints.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 04/16/09 07:36 PM

So why is it that you believe Thomas Jefferson existed and not Jesus?

Because, unlike Jesus, Jefferson can A.) Be accurately placed in History. B. There are multiple, independent sources that confirm that Jefferson C. Books actually written by Thomas Jefferson.

So your reference of proof is from unsubstantiated eye-witnesses - eh? You're making my point.

http://www.amazon.com/Autobiography-Thomas-Jefferson/dp/0486442896

... Because an Autobiography, and the tons of other evidence that Jefferson lived, doesn't count. Right. I think you really need to go back to school.

There is proof that Jefferson Lived. He wrote an Autobiography. He lived a life that was uniquely his.

There is no proof Jesus lived. Jesus didn't write about his life. The story of Jesus had been circling the Mediterranean for thousands of years before he came around.(IF he came around.)

The only place that there is no proof that Jefferson lived is in your head, where you have to twist the meanings of words around to make yourself feel like you are winning.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 04/16/09 07:28 PM

Inkracer's photo
Thu 04/16/09 06:37 PM
Religious War- killing each other to find out who's imaginary friend is more peaceful.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25