Community > Posts By > Inkracer

Inkracer's photo
Fri 07/24/09 07:45 AM

Why do non believers waste their time in Christian forums?

I can also ask why believers waste their time in Atheist forums

Why waste one second of your life talking to people who believe such nonsense?

nonsense? You mean like the talking snake, and the virgin birth, and the resurrection?

Why debate a book that was written by man and is flawed if not out right false?

Because those that can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. To quote a friend from another forum I'm on, "You're right to swing your fist ends at my nose."

So why waste your time with such a foolish topic?

Again, I can ask the same thing.

Inkracer's photo
Fri 07/24/09 07:38 AM

Why ARE we here?

Do you know?

We are here because the right sequence of events happened. Some of these we know of, some of these we don't have the whole picture of, just yet, and some we still need to discover.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 07/06/09 11:37 AM
As TB mentioned, Stone Cold's hurt neck is the reason why he is not an "in-ring competitor" on the WWE anymore.

If he wasn't hurt, it would be interesting to see, but the reason why he isn't wrestling anymore is the reason why we will never see him in a MMA style fight.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/30/09 07:47 AM

Remember Greece won the Euro in 04, and they are still a terrible team regardless.

Doing well in one tournament does not mean anything, doing well on multiple tournaments over years builds a ranking and a reputation.

Being proud of a team and claiming the team is suddenly considered a threat are completely different.

DO us all a favor, the next time you have a thought. Don't.

The US, ranked 14th in the world going into the Semi-Finals, beat Spain, who was at game time, the #1 team in the world. The US then turned around and played Brazil ranked 5th.

Anytime you can go into back to back games against the top team, and the #5 team in the world, and you score 4 goals, while giving up 3 is a great achievement. So what if all three goals came in the 2nd half against Brazil, None of those goals were given away, Brazil had to earn each and every one of the goals.

Since this tournament took place in the same country as the World Cup is taking place, it will be a huge advantage to the US. Playing in the same stadiums, traveling the same way they will travel during the Cup, staying in the same places.

Since the US is now turning around and Playing in the Gold Cup, playing against Spain and Brazil in the Confed Cup will only go to strengthen the US team for the Gold Cup, and the rest of the CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying.

Inkracer's photo
Wed 06/24/09 03:30 PM

I hope the USA does keep it up, as i'd like the sport to become properly respected over there.

That won't ever happen but it can get better at least. It'd be nice if the MLS wasn't filled with third-rate talent at least. frown

There are a few guys in the league who are better than 3rd-rate, but if the league wants to do away with it's third-rate image, than it needs to get rid of the Salary Cap...

As long as the MLS has it, it will never attract 1st-rate players in their prime.

Inkracer's photo
Wed 06/24/09 02:16 PM
The US sent notice to the world today, with the 2-nil win, but to really send a message, the US needs to go out there and do it again.

The US has a slight advantage going into the Final, since they have an extra day of rest(the other semi-final is tomorrow)

The Biggest question will be whether or not the US can keep this level of play up. I sure hope so.

Inkracer's photo
Wed 06/24/09 01:44 PM

The #1 team in the world, toting a 35-game win streak, goes down to the "Yanks." How the heck did that happen?

Long live soccer ... and hot soccer moms.

Just a quick "fix"

35-game unbeaten streak, 15 game win streak, and Confederation Cup Scoreless Streak, all broken by the USA!

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/22/09 09:17 PM
I know that this comment is going to sound weird coming from me because: 1. Of many of the comments I've posted on this forum, and 2. I'm an Atheist, and also very Anti-theist...

But, I have never really understood why when in love, to the point of wanting to spend the rest of your lives together means that someone has to change their minds.

I'll be completely honest here, as long as the person I'm seeing/interested in doesn't sit there and continually try to convert me, I have no problem accepting them as they are, and letting them keep their beliefs. Sure, I will poke fun at them, but I won't force them to change. Now, in the case of someone who is constantly trying to convert me, I'll take the easiest way out: I'll get out of that relationship myself.

Inkracer's photo
Sat 06/20/09 12:26 PM

Read the bible and stop using his name in vain first of all, stop being rude! if your not capable of respecting someones particular religon get out of this forum!
The answers all are in the bible and i for one believe that theres jesus christ and a God.
See heres the thing, to answer your question, God knows everything. He knows what your going to do before you do it. Do some research or pick up some books about christianity, whatever!

God gives us a choice. Thats why hes such a loving God. He wont stop us from doing whatever. He gave us a decison to either follow him or go astray.

As I have already explained (twice) you can't have it both ways.
Either it is all knowing, or we have a choice.

Inkracer's photo
Fri 06/19/09 06:36 PM

GOD GAVE US FREE WILL,,,, REMEMBER IT'S ONLY A TEST,,, GOD GIVE US MANY CHANCES TO PASS, GOD GIVES US CLEAR DIRECTION AND MANY CHANCES,,, PUT THE BLAME WHERE THE BLAME IS DUE !!!!!frustrated

1. If you are right, it's a ****ed up test.

2. Either God is omniscient, or we have free will. If God is omniscient, then he knows everything, including every choice we are going to make, therefore, the choice is just an illusion. If we have Free Will, then god is not omniscient, then way call it god?

You missed the other obvious choice.

God is omniscient AND we have free will.

Demonstrate how this is not possible.

It's pretty simple how God being Omniscient, and us having Free Will(if there is a God) is impossible.
If god is an all knowing being, then it knows everything, what has happened, and what will happen. If this is the case, then Free Will is just an illusion. It appears as if we have the choice, but god already knows what we are going to do, and since it is known, it isn't a choice at all.
It's like watching your favorite sitcom. The characters appear to have different choices throughout the entire episode, but the choices they made were written in the script, so it wasn't a choice at all.
Now, if we actually have Free Will, and we actually have the choice, then god is not omniscient.

Now, whether you accept it or not, It really is that simple.

Inkracer's photo
Fri 06/19/09 05:52 PM
I've read Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion" I also have 2 of his other books, which deal mainly with Science.

Inkracer's photo
Fri 06/19/09 04:48 PM

..a book that has no proof and is based on faith and written by several different people i've never met ...and i am suppose to believe because people say so ....i don't think so ...smokin

Are you refering to "Origin of the Species"?

Inkracer's photo
Thu 06/18/09 04:29 PM

GOD GAVE US FREE WILL,,,, REMEMBER IT'S ONLY A TEST,,, GOD GIVE US MANY CHANCES TO PASS, GOD GIVES US CLEAR DIRECTION AND MANY CHANCES,,, PUT THE BLAME WHERE THE BLAME IS DUE !!!!!frustrated

1. If you are right, it's a ****ed up test.

2. Either God is omniscient, or we have free will. If God is omniscient, then he knows everything, including every choice we are going to make, therefore, the choice is just an illusion. If we have Free Will, then god is not omniscient, then way call it god?

Inkracer's photo
Thu 06/18/09 04:17 PM

I think the fact that 99.999% of all species who have ever lived have now gone extinct would show that if there is a designer, he is terribly bad and wasteful at his job.

When you look through the designs, and the defects, you tend to get the idea that nature is not designed but indeed just happens, and then subsequently just happen to be successful . . . . or not . . . and joins the 99.999%. Or they where successful, but then something changes in the environment, they miss the evolutionary buss so to speak, and bam . . statistic.

... Not to mention the fact that the main "evidence" for creation(the human body) is both poorly designed(Sewage Treatment, right next to the Rec area) but woefully inefficient(We only use something around 10% of the air we breath in)

So, calling a Human Body "Perfect"(as a number of IDiots do) is akin to calling the banana that we eat proof of god...

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/09/09 10:26 AM

Its no secret at the world wide level that Stalin and Communism were based in Atheism. When the Iron Curtain finally came down in the 1990's there was such a spiritual hunger for something other than Atheism.

Other than the fact that Communism is a Socio-economic/Political idealogy...

There's way more Christians being killed for their faith than any other group in the world today. Just look at persecution dot com and read the stories there.

How about something from somewhere other than a christian apologist site?

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/09/09 06:53 AM
Edited by Inkracer on Tue 06/09/09 06:54 AM

:smile: Humans kill.:smile:That's no surpriseflowerforyou

People kill when God is forced out of the picture. Recent history is full of this. Hitler, Stalin, etc.

Rick

As it has been discussed here many times, the whole Hitler/Stalin actions can't be blamed on a lack of god, anymore than they can be blamed on mustaches.
In Hitler's Autobiography he mentions God several times, in several different ways.
As far as Stalin is concerned, the main problem there wasn't the lack of religion, but that the system he put in place acted too much like a religion.
Not to mention that recent history is also full of people full of god killing too, so your point fails, epically.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/02/09 10:47 AM

What!?!? If I'm not mistaken, it was a bullet that killed this man - not a bunch of words. Do you understand cause and effect?

While the bullet may have been what ended the Doctor's live, it was the bunch of words, and the ideology that the shooter believed in that pulled the trigger.

To sit there and claim otherwise is simply absurd, even by your standards.

The shooter was under the delusion that by murdering a "murderer" - that his actions were justified. What religious ideology supports that? It's not Christianity, and It's not Judism, so what religious ideology are you refering to?

Seriously? You're gonna tell me that a religion "guided" by a book that starts off as little more than a bloodbath doesn't support that?
You don't even have to leave the book of Genesis before you reach a passage that supports the Capital Punishment!
In closing, how exactly does "kill the killer" not fit in with the "Kill the heathen/non-believer/he who doesn't believe as you" that the major religions have? Seems to me it fits in quite well.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/02/09 07:19 AM

Oh boy! What next do the religuos bible thumpers have in store for uslaugh drinker

Apparently, it's letting me know that I'm going to hell for going to a Nine Inch Nails/Jane's Addiction(original lineup) concert...
laugh

I guess Lucifer told you to do that alsolaugh drinker

Have fun at the concert:smile:

The concert kicked ass. NIN's set was awesome, and to see the original lineup of Jane's Addiction on the same stage again was great!(even if they already can't stand each other, again.laugh )

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/02/09 07:08 AM

BUT PROLIFERS ARE THE ONES THAT A ABORTED (KILLED) HIM.

Well, time and time again, these people prove that they only care about you while you are unborn. After you leave the womb, they don't give a damn about you, unless of course, you perform abortions, for whatever reason you are performing them.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/02/09 06:57 AM
What!?!? If I'm not mistaken, it was a bullet that killed this man - not a bunch of words. Do you understand cause and effect?

While the bullet may have been what ended the Doctor's live, it was the bunch of words, and the ideology that the shooter believed in that pulled the trigger.

To sit there and claim otherwise is simply absurd, even by your standards.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25