Community > Posts By > Inkracer

Inkracer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 08:45 PM

Your argument needs a major revision, when you continue to be intellectually dishonest, in the face of evidence against your view.

how is anything i have said intellectually dishonest? All i've stated is that it is a THEORY, theories are not fact.

I have explained to you EXACTLY what a SCIENTIFIC Theory is. Yet you still run out the "only a theory" card. That is the height of the Creationist Intellectual Dishonesty.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 08:40 PM

there is actually more proof of God then the age of the dinosaurs. What we call the bible today is a gathered book of scrolls that were written in the time Jesus was on this earth.

The Bible wasn't written until long after Jesus' supposed life came to an end. Those that wrote about him, never met him.

Also keep in mind that there have been several "meetings" to decide what was put in the book, and what was left out. You aren't reading the truth, you are reading only what primitive people want you to read.

yes the BIBLE was not written until long after Jesus cause it took a while to gather ALL the different writtings from that time.

And what proof do you have of anyone leaving anything out? If none then that is Hearsay.

1. While the names of them escape me, there have been several meetings held by the church, where the only item on the agenda was what got to stay in the bible, and what was left out.

2. The proof of this is the bible itself. Where the books in the bible reference books that were kicked out of the bible.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 08:39 PM

Many or most Christians error in understanding of the Earth as to age. There is no conflict between evolution and creation.

God first created the Earth, it was to be an abode for the Angels and a learn ground. Satan got the big head and dared to try to accend to heaven and take his throne. The Earth along with all creation went through a war and great destrution occured. As to the Earth, about 6000 years ago, God renewed the surface of the Earth and created man after their own image. The old manlike beings were not after their kind before the battle. Many creatures and plants were recreated after thier kind. The Earth is billions? million? years old. The time from Adam to now is a little less than 6000 years.

*Also read as Noah loaded animal two by two "after their kind" meaning he loaded them two by two according to their kind. Just as God recreated animals and plants (his choice as to which) after (occording to their kind.

There is no conflict of age.

There is a conflict.

Scientific Evidence says the earth is billions of years old. Round about reasoning with the ancient book says 6000.
Scientific Evidence says that we Evolved from a "lesser" species of humanoid ape. (We are apes, after all.) The Ancient book says God "poofed" us into existence from dirt, and took a rib to make a woman.

Those are HUGE conflicts.

but still nevertheless, this is all just a theory

Your argument needs a major revision, when you continue to be intellectually dishonest, in the face of evidence against your view.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 08:09 PM

Many or most Christians error in understanding of the Earth as to age. There is no conflict between evolution and creation.

God first created the Earth, it was to be an abode for the Angels and a learn ground. Satan got the big head and dared to try to accend to heaven and take his throne. The Earth along with all creation went through a war and great destrution occured. As to the Earth, about 6000 years ago, God renewed the surface of the Earth and created man after their own image. The old manlike beings were not after their kind before the battle. Many creatures and plants were recreated after thier kind. The Earth is billions? million? years old. The time from Adam to now is a little less than 6000 years.

*Also read as Noah loaded animal two by two "after their kind" meaning he loaded them two by two according to their kind. Just as God recreated animals and plants (his choice as to which) after (occording to their kind.

There is no conflict of age.

There is a conflict.

Scientific Evidence says the earth is billions of years old. Round about reasoning with the ancient book says 6000.
Scientific Evidence says that we Evolved from a "lesser" species of humanoid ape. (We are apes, after all.) The Ancient book says God "poofed" us into existence from dirt, and took a rib to make a woman.

Those are HUGE conflicts.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 08:03 PM

You do realize that in Science, Theory is actually above Fact, right?

Basically, anything that we observe (in any way) happening (such the wind blowing, or the rain falling, birds flying, etc.)

A Hypothesis is an educated guess, based on what we have observed.

A Theory is summarizes a number of hypotheses.

Keep in mind, Gravity is "just" a theory, as is the heliocentric solar system.

And that is leaving out that Evolution has been observed.

good points, they are still nevertheless THEORYS.

Still doesn't change the FACT that Evolution is observable, and has been observed. Being a Theory doesn't make it any less true. There are several places, like medicine for example, that operate on Evolution being true, and what they work on (medicine, for my previous example) would NOT work if Evolution wasn't True.
Which is a lot more than can be said for your magic man.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 07:58 PM

there is actually more proof of God then the age of the dinosaurs. What we call the bible today is a gathered book of scrolls that were written in the time Jesus was on this earth.

The Bible wasn't written until long after Jesus' supposed life came to an end. Those that wrote about him, never met him.

Also keep in mind that there have been several "meetings" to decide what was put in the book, and what was left out. You aren't reading the truth, you are reading only what primitive people want you to read.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 07:54 PM
Edited by Inkracer on Sun 06/06/10 07:55 PM

...show me why it should be considered foolish. I see alot of name-calling and zero proof of too many claims.
Why it should be considered foolish? Surely you jest. According to the bible, the world is only a little over 6,500 years old. That has been proven wrong daily by geologist. I'm sure there is a "preacher like" excuse for that. No mention of dinosaurs in the bible either, no mention of moses cleaning up crap on the ark. 40 days of food and poop from 2 elephants would fill the thing. But I suppose there is another excuse for that. Just keep filling the collection plate and just accept it huh? You can't think if you're busy trying to buy your way in.

got a question about the age of the world. How do they KNOW this is true? Many things have been said to be true then proven wrong, why couldn't this be one that will be proven wrong?

i meen just think about evolution in general..... it's called the THEORY of evolution........ THEORY people, that is not a fact.

You do realize that in Science, Theory is actually above Fact, right?

Basically, anything that we observe (in any way) happening (such the wind blowing, or the rain falling, birds flying, etc.)

A Hypothesis is an educated guess, based on what we have observed.

A Theory is summarizes a number of hypotheses.

Keep in mind, Gravity is "just" a theory, as is the heliocentric solar system.

And that is leaving out that Evolution has been observed.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 06/06/10 07:01 PM

well in the grand scheme, I suppose semantics could be argued, whether one calls it SIN or wrong doing,, if we acknowledge wrong actions and wrong words and we choose them anyway,,,,we are not living a life of much integrity

The line between sin and wrongdoing is simple. If it's an actual Law that is broken, it's wrongdoing. If it's totally arbitrary rule that there is no point to, it's a sin.

Inkracer's photo
Sat 06/05/10 07:44 PM

I think there is a common tendendy to change correlation to causation,,,the examples given include a variant determined by the number or percentage of religious in a country or region while disregarding equally significant factors such as their economy, or politics, or laws , or even the very SYSTEM used to keep track of those things from place to place. If I said someone is more or less moral,, that is a subjective description that is truly hard to prove. If I placed certain criteria on what morals include,,such as the prevalance of crime, or abortions, or divorces,,, it would also require me to do a direct comparison to prove. Lower crime rates does not prove lower crime(they prove the incidence by which crimes are detected), abortion rates also are hard to prove based on a mere religious to non religious comparison because what we have is the ability to state the INCIDENCE by which abortions are reported or considered criminal and not an actual gauge of the numbers committing the act, the same is true of divorces. We cant truly use divorce alone as a gauge of morality, as there are too many variables leading to divorce and no real way to track those either.

The flaw in your judgment is in gauging morality by the RATES which are recorded for things like divorce, or abortion, or crime. Divorce is an indication that people are TYRING to be moral(by getting married) and those rates arent fairly assessed without considering how many dont bother to marry at all but continue to be promiscuous or sexually active.

You can sit there and cry that there MUST be different factors since you apparently don't like the results. The problem there is we aren't talking about just 1 study. We are talking about multiple studies. Studies with different criteria. They are all pointing the same direction.
They aren't pointing in your direction, and they aren't painting the picture of the "immoral, heathen Atheist" that religion does it's best to paint.

Inkracer's photo
Sat 06/05/10 07:23 PM

there are differences between old and new testament,, differences which were addressed when Jesus came

that is why it is important to read the bible IN CONTEXT, with an understanding of what was happening, what laws mankind was mandating, and what laws God , Jesus, and the disciples either reinforced or re evaluated.

From my research, it seems that Jesus only got rid of the sacrificial laws. (i.e. The "original sin" and the other laws that had to with the "falling out") Not the other laws, like not working on the sabbath, and stoning unruly children, etc..

Inkracer's photo
Sat 06/05/10 06:02 PM

What harm comes from following God. With a society following God you would have....

1. No stealing
2. No murdering
3. No raping
4. No lieing
5. And many more sinful things in the world

And you would be left with

1. Everyone loving everyone deeply
2. Everyone helping each other out in times of need
3. Basically boils down to everyone loving everyone.

Also people that follow God are not to be discriminative as in treat none believers any different then they do anyone else. Helping someone wouldn't matter if they believed in God, a false God, or no God at all. We help ALL.

It's just to bad that studies (that I have mentioned, and brought up info on in other threads) and the Prison Population prove your statement wrong.

Organic Atheist(Atheists by choice, not force) tend to be more moral, and have lower crime rates, abortion rates, and divorce rates than their religious counterparts.

Inkracer's photo
Fri 06/04/10 06:07 PM

shouting online? Perhaps....just perhaps! The caps was pushed by mistake and a person did not bother to retype it....?

Some things need to be ignored since the subject is so far out of tilt as to never be able to correct the errors. Therefore pointless and creates fuel for a foolish fire.

As to the end times. Many misguided calling themselves Christian have tried to see the end times. The Bible lays out the frame of its coming. Those who can hear....hear! A day is as a thouand years and a thousand years as a day. Those who are his will understand, to all others it is foolishness.

Revelation is a revealing by Christ to those that are his of things to come about and events to it. Most Christians have made a God and a Gospel of their own creation....therefore error far from the truth. They made a new Sabbath and by it are blind to the Sabbath of the later days end and what latter day we are in.

To those who desire you now have a key to understanding. Correct the time of the Death of our Pascal Lamb and you will know much as to the later days. A thousand years are as a day.....Let them hear!!!

1. A day is a day, a thousand years is a thousand years. There is no changing the definition just because of who is talking.

2. Jesus is credited with saying that the current generation (as in, the generation living when he was supposedly living) would not pass before his return. (Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30, and Luke 21:32)

You error in understanding on both subjects.....try again!

I'm not the one always trying to change the rules so I'm always "right". It's you who needs to try again.

Inkracer's photo
Fri 06/04/10 05:30 PM

shouting online? Perhaps....just perhaps! The caps was pushed by mistake and a person did not bother to retype it....?

Some things need to be ignored since the subject is so far out of tilt as to never be able to correct the errors. Therefore pointless and creates fuel for a foolish fire.

As to the end times. Many misguided calling themselves Christian have tried to see the end times. The Bible lays out the frame of its coming. Those who can hear....hear! A day is as a thouand years and a thousand years as a day. Those who are his will understand, to all others it is foolishness.

Revelation is a revealing by Christ to those that are his of things to come about and events to it. Most Christians have made a God and a Gospel of their own creation....therefore error far from the truth. They made a new Sabbath and by it are blind to the Sabbath of the later days end and what latter day we are in.

To those who desire you now have a key to understanding. Correct the time of the Death of our Pascal Lamb and you will know much as to the later days. A thousand years are as a day.....Let them hear!!!

1. A day is a day, a thousand years is a thousand years. There is no changing the definition just because of who is talking.

2. Jesus is credited with saying that the current generation (as in, the generation living when he was supposedly living) would not pass before his return. (Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30, and Luke 21:32)

Inkracer's photo
Fri 06/04/10 02:46 PM

Morality doesn't come from religion.
Kindness doesn't come from religion.
Humbleness doesn't come from religion.
Fairness definitely doesn't come from religion.
Charity doesn't come from religions.
Etc...
All that we attribute to religion is actually that part of us, the spirit or inner self that gives us all these many beautiful human attributes.

Hear Hear!!!
A couple of the worst, most spiritually lacking people I've known were 'devout' Christians.

Religions "acquired" those the same way they got everything else attributed to them. They stole it.

Inkracer's photo
Fri 06/04/10 02:45 PM

Those that are his, are able to see his works coming to pass as he said. Those not his, will not see it for lack of knowing, for lack of belief.
Those who believe have proof and those who don't will never have proof. Things told of old are coming to pass today....that is proof enough.

Yes! I'm so glad that you agree with my post, and have accepted Zeus as your Lord.

Praise Zeus!
SMART REMARKS ARE NOT A SIGN OF RIGHT!

I AM WILLING TO WAIT AND SEE.

Neither is ignoring points others have brought up, and "shouting" online..

So, again :Since Jesus (supposedly) came and went, EVERY generation of Christians have thought that they were in the end times, and that his return was soon..

So far EVERY generation has been wrong. I can't wait to here why it's different this time.

Inkracer's photo
Fri 06/04/10 02:43 PM

The stoning is from the old testiment, and Jesus fullfilled the old testiment. We no longer follow the old testament. There is no more stoning, the only one that will and or can judge us of our sins is Jesus.

Then I guess we can just throw out the ten commandments then, since they were in the old testament too.

Jesus is also (alleged) to have said that he didn't come to bring peace, but a sword...

Inkracer's photo
Fri 06/04/10 01:16 PM

that would actually make you become religious (if you don't follow a religion) or drop your religion (if you have one) in favor of another or none?

being in a foxhole?

I'm an atheist, and was deployed. Being "in a foxhole" didn't make me change my mind.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 06/03/10 07:41 PM

Those that are his, are able to see his works coming to pass as he said. Those not his, will not see it for lack of knowing, for lack of belief.
Those who believe have proof and those who don't will never have proof. Things told of old are coming to pass today....that is proof enough.

Since Jesus (supposedly) came and went, EVERY generation of Christian has thought that they were in the end times, and that his return was soon..

So far EVERY generation has been wrong. I can't wait to here why it's different this time.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 06/03/10 06:27 PM
There are several things I can't stand, and don't understand.

Why is it sane to say "God speaks to me", but insane to add "by morse code in the rain" ?

Why is it considered right to believe in god without evidence, but crazy to believe in fairies in the garden, with exactly the same amount of evidence.

Of course, conspiracy theorists and the (more fundamental) theists have a lot in common. Both are willing to bend the truth, ignore facts, and flat-out lie, so that their version of the "truth" is heard.

Of course, the sooner we ride ourselves of non-sense, the better we will be.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 06/03/10 03:10 AM

when comparing santa clause, or the voices in the radio with God

the difference is,, Santa claus is DISPROVEN,,and can be traced to its origins

voices in the radio, can likewise be researched and tracked to their perspective owners

GOd, however , is yet to be disproven and his CREATION cant truly be TRACED to any individual thing or person,,

Lol, God isn't proven. What's your "trace"? The beauty in a childs laugh? The warm summer breeze on your face?

actually, my post was that He hasnt been DISPROVEN,,,

Again, you are the one making the claim. You are the one that needs to prove the existence, until then, there is no reason to think there is one.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25