Community > Posts By > Inkracer

Inkracer's photo
Thu 07/01/10 10:44 AM
IF a god existed, and it was the Abrahamic god of Judaism, Christianity, and/or Islam..

I'd ask him why he feels he deserves worship, when it's obvious that humans have surpassed him morally.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 07/01/10 10:42 AM
To get this back onto the topic of the OP...

There are millions (or billions) of other planets in our galaxy, there are a huge amount of other galaxies in our universe, our universe could very well be a part of a bigger multi-verse.

So, there are billions upon billions of chances for it to be "just right". So much so that it really isn't a miracle at all.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 07/01/10 06:43 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100630/stage_nm/us_hitchens

I posted this in here to avoid the back and forth bickering that this would become should it have been posted in the Gen. Religion area.

I wish Chris well with his fight.

Inkracer's photo
Wed 06/30/10 07:00 PM

I find almost my arguments with religious people the conversation ends with.. "well you just gotta have faith". Arguing logic with people religious people is like discussing algebra with a brick.

I think the discussion with the brick would be more worthwhile.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/29/10 05:30 PM

If he's willing to punish one of his creations, what makes you think he wouldn't punish others? I can remember a couple of times my own dad punished the innocent with the guilty, what makes you think the "heavenly father" would be any different?

And further then that, what Lucifer did/was doing was far greater then anything anyone could do on earth.

Lucifer was proclaiming to be greater and more powerful then God himself. And is why he was kicked out of heaven.

Well. with Nuclear weapons, Man can now literally wipe life off the face of the planet. I'm sure Satan didn't do anything THAT bad..

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/29/10 02:18 PM

Holland-Brazil
Uruguay-Ghana
Argentina-Germany
Paraguay-Spain

I'm gonna say Holland, Uruguay, Germany, and Spain advance.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/29/10 12:49 PM

Oh man, Ed Current is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkCuc34hvD4

More Current..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47OC439x88

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/29/10 08:54 AM
The answer to #3 is yes, one direction will be shorter than another. The main factor in play isn't the earth's rotation, but the Jet stream, thus East-to-West flights (against the jet stream) take longer than West-to-East (with the jet stream) flights.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/29/10 05:26 AM

Wait, what? Making slavery a good thing? No chance in hell a person should ever think they can own another, doesnt matter who you are or what you believe in, not one damn persons life matters more than anyone elses, all life is equal and precious.

Never a reason for murdering children. Dont really think have to get into this one, shouldnt have had to about slavery being bad, they both are obvious.

And about your quote listed, only the idiot blindly follows, the person of knowledge will challenge god and ask why

Never said it was murder, yesterday a theist on here told me that whenever something bad happens to us, it's our fault, so I brought up a young child dying, of natural causes, with no abuse or negligence, and got told the child's death was a good thing, not a bad thing.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/29/10 05:11 AM

Only the idiotic will call knowledge evil. Its the same thing with people that are illiterate and actually stubborn on not learning to read. They dont have to because its useless and bad. So, to cover stupidity, people will say knowledge comes from satan, just like in the old days. Somebody asked how something worked, person didnt know, so it was god...and dont question it or youll burn forever. Stupidity runs in different ways, trying to sanctify it as holy is a waste of good time.

Much like the famous line "If God asked me to kill innocent people I would. ... But he won't ask"

Or saying that a young child dying is a good thing..

or trying to make slavery a good thing...

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 10:20 AM

reason i mentioned the judging was cause you said this "it's amazing that you don't love God enough to stop intentionly sinning against him"

it's not a judgement...it's logic....you claim that if you truely love someone that you would do "anything" to make them happy...apparently you made it clear that you love God enough to kill for him.....but yet you can't stop sining against him....wouldn't that indicate that you truely don't love God but do truely love to kill for him

==last post on this subject==
It's not logic, it's judging for the simple fact again that you nor any other person knows how i live my life or conduct myself through out.

Isn't that the exact same thing you are doing when you claim I have never loved a woman?

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 10:16 AM

No God has NEVER told someone to kill someone. And now you're gonna get a verse out of old testament. So i point out that in the old testament times people were judged on earth for their actions. And the only reward for sin is death, so yes people were told to stone sinners. They were not killing anyone, the one that killed anyone was themselves. Killed themselves by committing their lives to a sinful nature.

Yet another contradiction by you, you claim that god never told someone to kill another, then move quickly to dismiss the OT, since your first comment doesn't (and can't) set a boundary on when this happened, then the OT is in play, and you knew you were wrong as soon as you wrote your first comment, otherwise you wouldn't have to move so quickly to dismiss the OT..

In this thread, you are claiming that you would kill for love, and in another thread you go on about how a young child dying is a good thing..
Can you not see just how backward that logic is?

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 09:50 AM

Doesn't sound like you truely entirely have loved a woman :s. Love will make you do ANYTHING to just make her happyLove will make you do ANYTHING to just make her happy, and the fear of loosing her is always there because you feel you couldn't live without that person.

Cowboy...if you truely loved her would you kill an innocent person for her if she asked you to do so.....would you kill an innocent person if God asked you to do so...and would it be out of love or out of fear

Yes i would if God asked. Would be out of love and wanting to be obedient to show that love i held for our heavenly father.

No i would not kill someone if a woman asked, for my love for our heavenly father is far greater then any love i have or ever will have for a woman.

Way to contradict yourself.
You said "Love will make you do ANYTHING to just make her happy"
(you put the emphasis on anything, not me)

Then said "no i would not kill someone if a woman asked"

So which is it?huh

I said no BECAUSE MY LOVE FOR GOD IS FAR GREATER. If i didn't have the love for our father as i do then yes i would kill if she asked. But the love i hold for God keeps me from doing as such because i'm buisy following as he said to do and not to do.

So, the only thing keeping you from killing is a fear of punishment from a god? huh

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 09:46 AM

Anything that happens bad in our lives are brought on us by US.

That is a load of crap.. If God is responsible for the good, then he is responsible for the bad.

I am responsible for my actions, when I mess up, it is my fault, but when I do something good, That is also on me, not because someone or something allowed me to do it, but because I worked hard, and got it done.

Let me ask you this, a person has a young child, that young child ends up dying of a natural cause, there was no negligence, there was nothing that the doctors could have done. Would you say that is bad? What did the person do to bring that on?

bring what on? What is sad there? The child doesn't have to deal with the sickness, diseases, and other foul things of this earth. But gets a straight ticket to heavan.

And for the rest of your post, yes that is what i was saying. As i said ANYTHING BAD THAT HAPPENS IN OUR LIVES IS BROUGHT ON US BY US. Cause and effect kind of thing. Cause if it wasn't like that, it would be god intervening. And also before you play with that, intervening means specifically unwanted actions. If one prays for something, that is not intervening because it was asked for.

Certainly losing a child would be a bad thing, you said that anything bad is brought on by us, well, what is our fault, that brings on the natural death of a child?

The death is not a bad thing lol. The child has a straight ticket to heaven again without having to deal with all the pain and suffering of this earth. WHY IS THAT A BAD THING?

How about you try asking someone who has lost a child whether they think it was a bad thing?

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 09:45 AM

Doesn't sound like you truely entirely have loved a woman :s. Love will make you do ANYTHING to just make her happyLove will make you do ANYTHING to just make her happy, and the fear of loosing her is always there because you feel you couldn't live without that person.

Cowboy...if you truely loved her would you kill an innocent person for her if she asked you to do so.....would you kill an innocent person if God asked you to do so...and would it be out of love or out of fear

Yes i would if God asked. Would be out of love and wanting to be obedient to show that love i held for our heavenly father.

No i would not kill someone if a woman asked, for my love for our heavenly father is far greater then any love i have or ever will have for a woman.

Way to contradict yourself.
You said "Love will make you do ANYTHING to just make her happy"
(you put the emphasis on anything, not me)

Then said "no i would not kill someone if a woman asked"

So which is it?huh

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 09:41 AM

I have loved plenty. Fear is not apart of love.

Just because you fear it in your truly backwards logic does not meant that I have not loved anyone..

Yes because when you truely full heartedly love someone you fear screwing up and doing or not doing something that causes that woman to leave. When you truely truely love someone they become a part of you.

No, I don't fear screwing up. I know I'm going to screw up, I know the other person is going screw up.

I'll go as far to say that if you are with someone because you fear losing them that it isn't love at all.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 09:31 AM

So when you have a girlfriend, why do you do the sweet things? Getting her gifts, kisses, hugs, dates, and so on. Are they not to make her happy and to have a good time together? Why do you wish to keep her happy? Is it not for the fear that she would just move on and find someone that could satisfy her?

I go on dates to spend time with, and get to know the other person. If there is a date worthy of a gift (birthday, anniversary, etc.) then there are gifts in some form. If things go well, we stay together, if they don't then it doesn't matter what I did, she will find someone else. There is still no fear involved.

Doesn't sound like you truely entirely have loved a woman :s. Love will make you do ANYTHING to just make her happy, and the fear of loosing her is always there because you feel you couldn't live without that person.

So, because I am realistic enough to realize that should a girlfriend leave, there is nothing I can do to bring her back, means I have never loved a woman?
huh

I have loved plenty. Fear is not apart of love.

Just because you fear it in your truly backwards logic does not meant that I have not loved anyone..

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 09:26 AM

That is a load of crap.. If God is responsible for the good, then he is responsible for the bad.

I am responsible for my actions, when I mess up, it is my fault, but when I do something good, That is also on me, not because someone or something allowed me to do it, but because I worked hard, and got it done.

Let me ask you this, a person has a young child, that young child ends up dying of a natural cause, there was no negligence, there was nothing that the doctors could have done. Would you say that is bad? What did the person do to bring that on?

bring what on? What is sad there? The child doesn't have to deal with the sickness, diseases, and other foul things of this earth. But gets a straight ticket to heavan.

And for the rest of your post, yes that is what i was saying. As i said ANYTHING BAD THAT HAPPENS IN OUR LIVES IS BROUGHT ON US BY US. Cause and effect kind of thing. Cause if it wasn't like that, it would be god intervening. And also before you play with that, intervening means specifically unwanted actions. If one prays for something, that is not intervening because it was asked for.

Certainly losing a child would be a bad thing, you said that anything bad is brought on by us, well, what is our fault, that brings on the natural death of a child?

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 09:19 AM

So when you have a girlfriend, why do you do the sweet things? Getting her gifts, kisses, hugs, dates, and so on. Are they not to make her happy and to have a good time together? Why do you wish to keep her happy? Is it not for the fear that she would just move on and find someone that could satisfy her?

I go on dates to spend time with, and get to know the other person. If there is a date worthy of a gift (birthday, anniversary, etc.) then there are gifts in some form. If things go well, we stay together, if they don't then it doesn't matter what I did, she will find someone else. There is still no fear involved.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 09:16 AM

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25