Community > Posts By > Inkracer

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 09:01 AM

And fear = love because if you love someone you "fear" loosing them and or upsetting them. If you love your parents, you fear doing something to get them upset and or really mad with you.

I don't see how love=fear.. they are two entirely separate emotions. I love my mother and father, but I don't fear losing them. Eventually that will happen, they will die, there is no reason for me to fear a time when my parents cease to exist.

What exactly is the point of the quotations around fear?
huh

All this love=fear crap is nothing more than the double speak of religion..

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/28/10 03:22 AM
Not really sure what exactly you are into as far as Atheism on Youtube, but there are some really great informational videos up there as well..

Thunderf00t's "Why do people laugh at Creationists?" series is pure gold (and up to part 33 now)
The Atheist Experience out of Austin,TX has some decent clips up as well.

My other Youtube subscriptions include: AronRa, dprjones, NonStampCollector, TheraminTrees, and theThinkingAtheist.

All of which have some really good videos up.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 06/27/10 08:21 PM
Ed Current is another good one. He's done so good in fact, that some of him Youtube videos actually got creationism ads on them..

Inkracer's photo
Sun 06/27/10 07:44 PM
The first 2 are great, thought the second one is a little difficult to tell whether it's POE or not. (Which tends to mean really well done POE)

Can't say I'm too surprised by the Faux "News" bit.. Everyone working for them are either tools or a__hats, with many being a mix of both.

Inkracer's photo
Sat 06/26/10 03:50 PM

To the US Players: Good job, and Good run. You won the group, which you weren't expected to do, no turn your focus to 2014, and let's prepare to Own the cup then.

To Ghana: I expect World Cup athletes to play with class. Apparently that was too much to ask of you, as you continually found the ground without assistance in Extra Time.

it's not a good day for US, but I am pourd of our guys and their effort..... they kept trying to the end.

I was really hoping to see them in the finals... maybe hold the cup.

We do have the talent in some areas to compete (we did beat the World #1 team in the Confederation Cup last year) But with the defense we had at the Cup, the Top teams would have eaten us alive. If we can get more consistent on defense, and keep improving everywhere else on the pitch as well, there is no reason why we shouldn't be talking about as a likely Cup winner in 4 years.

the team is definately better... but to wait another 4 year, that's a long time.

It's a long time, but a lot can happen. Look at Italy and France, they played in the 2006 World Cup Final, this year, they exit after the group stage.

The MLS is really booming now (looking to be @ 20 teams by 2012) as long as there is enough interest gained, the US can really start growing some awesome talent. We are already a decent way there, as most of the US players play in European Soccer Leagues.

Inkracer's photo
Sat 06/26/10 03:31 PM

To the US Players: Good job, and Good run. You won the group, which you weren't expected to do, no turn your focus to 2014, and let's prepare to Own the cup then.

To Ghana: I expect World Cup athletes to play with class. Apparently that was too much to ask of you, as you continually found the ground without assistance in Extra Time.

it's not a good day for US, but I am pourd of our guys and their effort..... they kept trying to the end.

I was really hoping to see them in the finals... maybe hold the cup.

We do have the talent in some areas to compete (we did beat the World #1 team in the Confederation Cup last year) But with the defense we had at the Cup, the Top teams would have eaten us alive. If we can get more consistent on defense, and keep improving everywhere else on the pitch as well, there is no reason why we shouldn't be talking about as a likely Cup winner in 4 years.

Inkracer's photo
Sat 06/26/10 02:18 PM

Inkracer's photo
Sat 06/26/10 05:18 AM

God never says in the bible" Those damn humans, you just never know what the heck those critters are going to do from one minute to the next" Or "why did i make that devil to torture those humans that I love so much"

God tortures no one. Things that happen in life good or bad is through our actions on earth.... using our free will...... cause and effect.

Cherry picking from the buy bull, again.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 06/24/10 06:32 PM

God is anything but supernatural. God is the most natural there is. God created us in his image.

If God is natural, then Science can test God, since God has failed every test so far, that means there is no God.

Well with your logic before we found the way to test things nothing existed. For instance, before we were able to detect oxygen there must not have been any oxygen.

Just because we don't have any tests to detect God just means we are ignorant in that and don't know how to yet. Believe it or not, we DON'T know everything.

Jesus because you can't see something with your bare eyes does not mean it's not there. That's how new things are discovered.... it is cause we have finally made the advancement to discover as such. So in the long way to say it is we just haven't discovered a way to discover God in a substantial way.

No **** we don't know everything. I just don't see a need to put God in the gaps of things we don't know yet.
There is a natural explanation to everything we currently know. There is no point where "God did it" comes up in real science.
My point (and the logic) isn't no test = no there. It's failed every single test so far = not there.
YOU said God was Natural, not Supernatural. Natural can be tested by Science. Science, at this point has tested countless natural phenomena, NOTHING points to a god. So, at this point a natural god cannot exist.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 06/24/10 06:27 PM

I like my entertainment to be..well..more entertaining.
Currently, I like Fringe, Leverage, and Burn Notice.

Fringe: wacky science, based on real science.
Leverage: Modern Robinhoods.
Burn Notice: Ex-spy trying to find out why he's an ex-spy, while being a "problem solver" for people w/ problems they can't take to the police.

I can't really get into Fringe and Leverage, they just aren't my cup of tea.
A friend turned me onto Burn Notice, and now it's one of the shows I DVR.. lol

My Shows are: WWE Raw and Smackdown. (the wrestling is meh, but I tend to watch more for the storylines, both the good, and the horribly bad) House, NCIS, Criminal Minds, White Collar, Burn Notice, Royal Pains...
and that's all I can think of for now.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 06/24/10 06:23 PM

God is anything but supernatural. God is the most natural there is. God created us in his image.

If God is natural, then Science can test God, since God has failed every test so far, that means there is no God.

Inkracer's photo
Thu 06/24/10 04:19 PM

I see England kicking the Germans azzes. Yes thats what I said, England. The got the potential just haven´t used it yet. They just have to get their shizzit together.

England needs to figure out how to score, and fast. Germany knows how to, if they get scoring early, England won't have much of a chance.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/22/10 08:49 AM

Not stating that ALL unbelievers are inconsistent. Just showing how hard atheist people truely try to show the incompetence of the bible. They take verses out of context to fit to what they are claiming.

And believers do the exact same thing. And from what I've seen, believers do it more deceitfully.

At this point I really have to ask what the point of this thread is, because it seems to me like an attempt to "legally" troll the atheists/agnostics by having this thread in the Gen Religion section..

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/22/10 08:22 AM
All you are doing is picking and choosing what you belief in the bible. I've been in many of these "out of context" "debates" before, and the meaning doesn't change in any significant way.

Just as you can pick quotes that "proves" these people wrong, Anyone else can pick quotes that "prove" the others right.

But I prefer to live in the here and now, and not really worry about a collection of irrelevant and outdated myths.

Inkracer's photo
Tue 06/22/10 08:14 AM
There are also a number of decent programs out there (it may take some searching depending on where you are)

Here is just a small list of programs on Atheism that I have on my PC(they are more documentary than entertainment):
Horizon- War on Science.-About the latest legal attempt by creationist to strong arm it's way into the classroom.
Jonathan Miller's Rough History of Disbelief & Atheism Tapes.- RHoD is about a look thru history at atheism, and how it has evolved along with religion. AT is a supplementary program of the interviews done for RHoD.
Richard Dawkin's Root of All Evil & Enemies of Reason.-Both take a look at what Dawkins feels are things that are very wrong with religion, and other areas with religious-like beliefs.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/21/10 07:09 PM
House has gotten better at that in the later seasons, with more of the focus on different aspects of House's life. (Vicodin addiction, friendship with Wilson, relationship with Cuddy, etc.)

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/21/10 07:43 AM

It was amazing. Portugal : Korea 7:0. Great game of great team. Korea go home. I hope that match Portugal - Brazil will be the best of the champ.

Watching that game, it's hard to say whether Portugal was actually that good, or if Korea was actually that bad...

I feel it was more of a Korea being that bad game, myself. Portugal has one more game to say otherwise, though.

Inkracer's photo
Mon 06/21/10 05:02 AM
House isn't the only show that showcases Atheism, Logic, and Reason..
Bones is another show, while not as in your face with it, the main character tends to point out the problems and inaccuracies of others beliefs and thought process.
In an episode of Family Guy, Brain, the family dog, was outed as an Atheist.

Inkracer's photo
Sun 06/20/10 05:21 AM

By the way, we have talked so much about our
choice of countries and their games, but i haven't seen a single
comment about the DUTCH and their 'conservative' performance.

For the record, as of now (time of this post), The Netherlands
is the only country, to have DEFINITELY, repeat DEFINITELY, entered
the Round Of 16 !!!!!!

Have you missed Argentina's scores? They won both of their games so far, so like the Dutch, the have 6 points, and have their spot in the Round of 16. They also played their second game on Thursday, 2 days before the Dutch, making them the 1st team to secure passage to the Round of 16.

Inkracer's photo
Sat 06/19/10 02:06 PM
The WWE is really rehashing a lot of (recently) used storylines..

It seems has though Vickie is going to "manage" a superstar, and stack the deck in said superstars favor.
As far as the Drew v Teddy Long storyline, it's basically the same as the Undertaker v Vickie storyline, with the exception that the Face and Heel roles have been reversed.

I've seen some spoilers for current storylines (I won't post, in case some people like to watch the storylines unfold "live") but there are a number of current storylines I'm disappointed in their current planned outcome.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25