Community > Posts By > mini1x

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 03:35 PM
Lol thanks Fleta I always say Peas and Thank you!

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 03:33 PM
Thanks metalwing!

I need to get caught up on the forums lol.

And to learn to stay on topic.

So, to comment on the study, I don't see a problem since it benefits the animals as well. And the side effects are well know and manageable with low doses.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 01:16 PM
I think you're definitely hitting fwb territory.

If you think you can handle it, broach the subject during one of those intimate conversations... make it clear you want to stay friends first and foremost.

But, and I don't want to sound too cynical, it seems you're already falling pretty hard for her. So while she may be ok with a fwb situation, you may be setting yourself for a hard crash and burn.

But, and this is the optimist in me writing, it's possible she's falling for you too and those conversations are just her way of nudging you in the right direction.

But it's really hard for any of us to say. This is your call.

Life contains a particle of risk.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 12:58 PM
Not very good at introducing myself.

Ahem, just looking for friends, checking out the online neighborhood so to speak. Like to make new friends, online and in person.

Hi all!

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 12:09 PM
Bambino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvlP9iYJo0U

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 11:59 AM

Yeah, but what's the actual question? :)

What do you mean when you mean meaning?

We aren't the only species with self awareness, but we do seem to be the only one that seems to question our existence, the why's and wherefores.

Love can be a meaning if you want it to be.

Procreation can be a meaning if you want it to be (and in many cultures, that is the "accepted" meaning of life).

Achieving nothingness can be a meaning also (ask a Buddhist)

Or, killing as many people as you can in the most gruesome fashion possible could be a meaning also (ask most serial killers).

My take is anything that justifies your existence for yet another day, and facing the inescapable death without going into a panic. Sounds a bit cynical, but if you look at it in a cold objective way it's really what it boils down to.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 11:39 AM
Actually, aging has also been linked with the length of telomeres (chromosome end tail "caps"). As cells divide, those telomeres get shorter. People with chromosomes where the telomeres retain most of their length when dividing tend to live longer lives... this explains why long living has a genetic link.

It's not a 100% link, but promising. There are drugs that enhance the production of telomerase (which restores telomeres); the downside is that those also seem to encourage growth of tumors. :(

I guess nothing in life is easy or free. Otherwise it wouldn't be called a life. ;-)

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 11:09 AM
I remember my first crush still. It hurt terribly, but I learned a lot from it.

I remember my first "real" love... first time I ever considered living with someone. We've kept in touch as friends over the years, until a recent turn of events brought that friendship to a close. That one still hurts.

As to the mother of my child, you're right, you can and probably shouldn't forget for the sake of the children at least. But man, sometimes I'd like to...

Alzheimers will take care of all this eventually. ;-)

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 10:56 AM
Two words: body language

Sometimes you will miss the clues (god knows I have done that plenty of times!) but sometimes when there's a strong connection you can tell.

Since you've already kissed, let this time see where the kiss goes. A little more passion, and if she responds, then there's obviously a stronger attraction. Go with the flow.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 10:50 AM
My take on The Silent Treatment

Silent treatment in an emotional relationship. Only ok for a short time, while cooling off. Something must be worked out eventually. If nothing's worked out and the silent treatment continues, it's time to reevaluate your relationship.

Silent treatment in a friendship... same thing really. Do you want to stay friends with people who won't talk to you?

Silent treatment from forum members or otherwise site members you've had a falling out with. If you feel you wronged them, contact and apologize. If you feel you've been wronged, wait to see if they've cooled off and want to talk with you again.

Silent treatment from folks who just basically drop off the edge of the earth. Either they have their reasons not to talk with you, or truly they fell off the edge of the earth lol.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 10:39 AM
I'm going to be my unusual non sarcastic self.

I totally agree that age is a mindset thing... mostly.

I've met and dated much more mature ladies who act (and often look) much younger than their years. I've always considered them "my age". Similar with younger women, met a few that are way beyond their chronological age in terms of maturity, wisdom and outlook on life.

Maybe this has to do with my upbringing. My dad was 14 years older than my mom. Tbh, I never thought of their age differences. I have a younger brother who is 22 years younger than me, so our family tree has quite a few age overlaps.

I totally agree about not dating anyone as young as my daughter, basically half my age. Not only would it be awkward for her, but there is a huge cultural gap between our generations. Same with much older women I would say. It's hard to bridge that gap really, and the last thing I want is have a conversation with someone limited to current events and the weather.

Anyways, just my take on it. I usually follow the 4/5 rule, I don't ask someone who's less than 4/5ths my age or more than 5/4ths my age.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 10:06 AM
Whirled Peas!

The company of good people... ok, and not so good people, but entertaining. But definitely not evil people.
Unless they're destined to rule the world.
Then I want to be IN the circle. :)

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 09:53 AM

Is this allergy related or illness?

That's almost exactly the same thing I say to myself in the morning... especially when remembering my dream! Lol.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 09:21 AM
So I have to ask this question.

If you end up chatting with someone and thinking, yeah, this person sounds nice to meet, but not sure if they're real... why not just offer to meet them in a safe public place? Don't give out last names, don't give out phone numbers, just offer to meet and be recognized by something you wear.

At that point if still in doubt you can ask for id. ;-)

Just thinking out loud.

I think this used to work 50+ years ago lol.

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/20/14 04:52 PM
Here's a good test for paying attention:

If you read this

STOP!

Or you'll go blind

1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 Next