Community > Posts By > mini1x

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 03:56 PM
You did? Poor guy, I feel for him lol.

Nah, you'll be ok, whatever you wrote on the list I'm sure you'll forget the first second you see him in person.

Wish you both the best Turkey Day!

drinker

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 03:42 PM
Yup, what Engee said, a bit more specific about what kind of dating maybe? Beware, a good portion of guys apparently look for a fwb thing, so make sure if that is or is not ok.

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 03:38 PM
Ok, I may get flamed for this, but what the heck.

I have to disagree with those that maintain you should have high expectations. There is a world of difference between having goals and dreams, and expectations. We dream of our soul mate, we have very specific goals as to how we go about life and find our soul mate (being in Mingle2 is one, right?). But if you sit down and write everything you expect your soul mate to be, you will probably never meet that person. Love, and relationships, are a compromise. When you say you met your perfect match, is that really true? What do you mean by perfection? I'd submit to you that often (and maybe every) perfect match does not meet ALL your expectations.

Just sayin'

One thing I've started learning about recently is Tao. I'm still learning about it, but I think at least one wise thing it suggests it that you let go of your expectations but do set goals on achieving happiness.

I think the hardest thing for people to do (I include myself) is to let go of things that in the long term are not that important in your life's journey.

Btw, I consider not dating a serial murderer to be a goal, not an expectation. :wink:

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 03:36 PM
That would just make it worse... unless they have lots of reserves lol.

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 03:12 PM
Say hi, shake hands, and then run like hell lol.

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 03:12 PM
Edited by mini1x on Thu 11/27/14 03:16 PM
ear plugs

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 03:10 PM
Maybe by kinkier he meant more adventurous? I honestly don't mind have a problem with that although I tend to be the more adventurous one. The best though if there is synerg6 and you both dare do things neither would have dared before. ;-)

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 02:39 PM
what you just experienced is a typical nice shy guy reaction to seeing a beautiful woman. If you are attracted to him I'd definitely recommend either giving him some strong hints (look him in the eyes and smile) or taking the initiative to ask him out. It is the 21st century, nothing weird about asking a guy out. I feel you're a bit shy yourself?

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 12:28 PM
Thanksgiving already! And Black Friday to follow!

WTF!!! mad mad mad

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 11:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0PGK7a2IFo

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 11:53 AM

My soon to be ex-husband would be considered by most to be a narcissist. We battled this together for many years. He even agreed on occasion and tried to settle down and be more empathetic of others, on numerous occasions. Although, mostly he would just brood in our bedroom and ignore everyone, probably until he saw how this would help him. This was never an easy task for him. But I always felt I could rein him in, before he damaged a relationship with a friend or another family member. This worked for more than 20 years.

Well sooner or later, you have to let them fall. It is only when they fall that they recognize their problem. In less than 6 months, he has left the woman he left me for, his friends, and his job. He didn't have anyone to rein him in.

He knows it's his fault and is trying to fix himself, living alone. He doesn't blame me, but I do. I knew what I was doing when I did it, I let him knowing what he would do. Self destruct. Hopefully, he will figure it out and find a life that works for him.

Stay away from this personality unless you can handle the lies, cheating, and too many confrontations. This can seriously damage your psyche.

This is serious. Although, I did have boundaries, and never took the accusations or blame as my own, which upset him. I still stayed and remained loyal. You will find many of the same ilk with this personality.

Better to stay away.

Susan, I could be wrong, but what you've described sounds to me like someone who's just basically antisocial. Basically the "strong silent type" taken to extreme.

But yeah, stay away from those too.

To throw another monkey in the wrench, I love the show Archer (I like most dysfunctional shows actually). I'm sure all you who've seen the show agree he fits perfectly the description of a narcissist.

I read up on the show, and some character descriptions, and it seems his character is intended to be mildly autistic. So, I wonder, are most narcissists basically a mild form of autism? I'm not using that to defend them, but it in an intriguing thought.

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 11:43 AM

I got just two words to say:

pre mature

lol

Love that comment! Lol

drinks

I have a feeling some of the ones on here didn't get it lol.

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 10:47 AM

When someone say something sweet and make goofy remarks in our long long chats .... that makes me smile, and that carries on thru' the day! A good way to start the day (for me) and to end the day (for him)! flowerforyou(for him)

Also the knowledge you have met a kindred spirit, even half way around the world, who can telepathically guess what you're thinking next. :banana:

And yes indeed, it's a great way to start and end the day.
flowerforyou

mini1x's photo
Wed 11/26/14 10:02 PM
Interesting stuff, thanks all. I'll still be grid tied, so there won't be any storage (selling excess power back to the company, and buying back in the off hours). I do need a permit and just a bit of paperwork with the electric company to set up a different meter, but not too bad. My biggest concern is not falling off the roof lol.

My retirement house will be totally off the grid though. Hopefully in 12 years or so technology will get cheaper and better, especially batteries. That's where a significant cost comes in right now. We'll see.

MetalWing, good point on finding used panels. My only concern would be knowing the actual age, and not having some sort of warranty. I'll keep that in mind though.

I'll also keep researching solar heating options, although those seem a bit more involved than electric panels. It's a pretty old house, already lots of snarly looking plumbing that might have to get cleaned up if I add anything water heating wise.

mini1x's photo
Wed 11/26/14 07:35 PM
I got just two words to say:

pre mature

lol

mini1x's photo
Wed 11/26/14 07:27 PM
Love is like a dumpling. Love is, truly, like a dumpling.

mini1x's photo
Tue 11/25/14 07:15 PM

I'll offer some positive advice. You gotta sift through a lot of dirt to find a gem worth keeping. Nothing's easy in life, everything worth having takes effort to get AND keep.

Ok, done with platitudes.

Best luck to you.

Well this I totally agree with!! Need to work a lot of coal to get to the true diamonds!

:thumbsup:

mini1x's photo
Tue 11/25/14 07:06 PM
I'll offer some positive advice. You gotta sift through a lot of dirt to find a gem worth keeping. Nothing's easy in life, everything worth having takes effort to get AND keep.

Ok, done with platitudes.

Best luck to you.

mini1x's photo
Mon 11/24/14 07:43 PM
Home grown:

This one is for the ladies, a Rosette for you

And a big moon for the guys lol

mini1x's photo
Mon 11/24/14 07:28 PM
Queen's Diamond Jubilee Song!

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14