Community > Posts By > mini1x

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/30/14 01:39 PM

I also have been taken advantage of.
And it happened because I let it happen.
We know when it's happening, but think it's ok at the time
because it's making the other person happy.
It's not ok.

Well said Pancho, well said.

But OP, we can't give up, there's got to be someone out there who will appreciate you for who you are.

Welcome to the forum.

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/30/14 01:31 PM
Dedicated to a silent one on here:

Well, they'll stone you when you walk all alone
They'll stone you when you are walking home
They'll stone you and then say you are brave
They'll stone you when you are set down in your grave
But I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get stoned.

Rainy Day Woman 12 & 35

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/30/14 12:00 PM

On my third date we went shopping, she wanted to buy exercise equipment to get in shape she said. I paid for it. On the fifth date she sold the equipment and gave the money to her crackhead ex. And told me she was getting back together with him.

I had a big S on my forehead I suppose. frustrated
that had to hurt. we live and learn, man.

Yup, live and learn. Or live, at any rate.

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/30/14 11:56 AM

nope its the pp

Through the pp?

That's like removing a kidney stone!

scared

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/30/14 11:51 AM
On my third date we went shopping, she wanted to buy exercise equipment to get in shape she said. I paid for it. On the fifth date she sold the equipment and gave the money to her crackhead ex. And told me she was getting back together with him.

I had a big S on my forehead I suppose. frustrated

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 05:53 PM

Sukiyaki Western Django, a spaghetti western with Quentin Tarantino in it. So out there that it was good.

Interesting, sounds like a plot in the same style as Yojimbo.

Another sorta forgotten one I guess:

Papillon

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 04:52 PM

rofl rofl rofl

*clink*....the lactation thing is incredibly encouraging! As far as bushes go...well even Moses had his time with'em.

EDIT: :laughing: You effin KILL me V!!! hahaha

I just about peed in my pants! You guys are killin' me!

I'll never think of a sage bush the same way again!

Or any bush for that matter!

rofl rofl rofl drinker

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 04:45 PM
Oh yeah, the mexico guy! Read an article on him some time ago. Not sure I'd try one of those, and can't afford it anyways, but peroxide sounds interesting actually. Easier to store than pur hydrogen anyways.

Brown's gas, yeah, oxyhydrogen. My one worry is storage, since it contains weakly bonded hydrogen... and it couldn't be stored like modern hydrogen tanks, like in a hydride. So not sure how it improves over just plain hydrogen, they both have to be electrolyzed.

But yeah, batteries are the weakest link right now. Gasoline has a very high energy/volume ratio, even compared with other renewable fuels like highly compressed hydrogen. Even more so compared with even the most cutting edge batteries. So that technology has to really step up. But tbh, unless you're talking long distance trips, there are a good number of electric cars that do just fine for in town driving. And if they cut the charging time to say, 1/2 hour, long distance may even be a possibility. Shoot, I don't have a problem getting out of the car every 250 miles or so for a half hour break.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 04:19 PM
I don't know if I already said it, but congrats you too! Beautiful place as well, love waterfalls.

I don't really know either of you except from your posts, but it's heartening to see couples that have found each other here.

May your love be like the waterfall, never tiring, ever lasting.
drinker

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 04:00 PM
So, how many of you have danced to Rock Lobster? Cmon, admit it... :tongue:

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 12:22 PM
Actually Stan, I think they do!

http://www.slashfilm.com/tucker-and-dale-vs-evil-2/

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 12:20 PM

I'm quite sure they are. And their women keep them tight. The ones we meet have just been rejected because not very good, I'm afraid!sad2

Wow, that's pretty cynical imo. So, does that mean all divorced people are rejects?

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 12:16 PM
Wow, a post I mostly agree with!

My take:

- any non-renewable should be off the table, or at best phased out as soon as feasible. And sadly, that includes nuclear, although it's a _much_ slower depleting resource.

- speaking of nuclear. I believe the next step in nuclear technology is betavoltaics, basically nuclear batteries. The russians have had them for decades (I believe though the US or UK developed them first) and they have used them in spacecraft... actually I think the Cassini uses one based on their design. Those are thermionic devices though I think.
Found some interesting articles though:
http://www.gizmag.com/water-nuclear-battery-radiolysis/33844/
http://www.gizmag.com/city-labs-nanotritium-betavoltaic-battery/23720/
Talk about betavoltaic batteries, one already commercially available, the other a prototype.

Found another article, of questionable reliability:
http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/blog/post/2011/05/swedish-skeptics-confirm-nuclear-process-in-tiny-4-7-kw-reactor

But if it does prove true it seems a viable option for individual home power needs.

- why did solar initially fail? Cost, simply and purely. If it wasn't for large government subsidies, Chinese solar panels wouldn't get to the low cost they are today. But like everything else, hopefully the economies of scale will drive cost low enough to make it an attractive alternative. I think France is looking at replacing their nuclear reactors with solar. As in my solar topic, I myself found it cost effective to at least partially replace my energy needs to solar. The jury is still out on that one until I actually run the thing long term.

- Cars running on coal? Yeah, but why? Liquefied coal gas has been used at one time or another for over 100 years, but coal is still a non renewable resource. To me, anything that is a resource that other countries depend on, whether raw materials or energy (look at Russia/Ukraine/EU) becomes a political tool eventually. Look at the rare earths fiasco with China controlling output.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 11:41 AM

Is it really the right person or the right moment?

I would say both?

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 11:38 AM
Edited by mini1x on Sat 11/29/14 11:42 AM
Yeah, people who are passionate tend to do that. I am learning to take things slow though.

And I meant this one for you knightheart! drinker

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 11:38 AM
Edited by mini1x on Sat 11/29/14 11:39 AM
Absolutely agree with that!
:thumbsup:

Lol not ignoring you knightheart, I was just agreeing with romeo.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 11:22 AM
Atop

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 11:16 AM
For a great friend I found on here:
http://youtu.be/KEXQkrllGbA

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 10:26 AM
Thanks very much Andy, good points.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/29/14 10:19 AM

Thrre is no such thing as you missed your Mr. Right/ Miss Right, coz the Day you are brought into this world your Life Partner is already pre-determined....however it is your actions and good deeds and faith and prayers that will lead you to him/her....

You can be madly in Love with someone and everything can seem perfect but that Person may Not Be meant for you which will eventually lead you to meet the One you meant for and even if you Do meet the One for you it does Not guarantee that everything will be perfect

I'll be a stick in the mud and disagree. If anything is preordained then we have lost our free will.

Now, life is full of possibilities. You can find your perfect match and be happily together everafter, but you will have to search... and wait, sometimes for a long time.