Community > Posts By > mini1x

mini1x's photo
Fri 11/28/14 11:53 AM
Right, but that's part of acceptance, not assigning roles.

Having said that, I agree that when you move in together you come to agreement as far as who does what around the house. But that's just the house chores, and I honestly don't see any gender specific assignments. Guys can cook and clean, women should be able to do what men do (unless physically demanding I guess).

Same with children. Ok, some parts, like pregnancy and breastfeeding can't be shared, lol, but everything outside that is not defined by marriage imo.

But to me, the concept of a woman defining herself by her role in marriage (or her role in a relationship for that matter) is something I just can't come to grips with. Someone who says to herself, when I get married I'm going to stay at home and just cook and clean, I just can't understand. Didn't they have a life they enjoyed before? Don't thy still enjoy their job, their career?

I put this to you. If you never got married or been in a relationship, would you be a lesser person for it?

mini1x's photo
Fri 11/28/14 11:35 AM
So, let's say we exclude children from the equation, which I believe should be a shared responsibility, but anyways, people my age are usually empty nesters.

Then, the role of homemaker is simply to cook and clean? What if the guy is a gourmet cook?

My ideal soul mate, if there is such a thing, is a woman who has defined herself already outside of the traditional definition of marriage. Someone who has found her place in the world already, independent, not needing a man to complete her. To me, marriage is not entering in some form of definition, marriage is the simple formal declaration of kindred spirits. Marriage does not change who we are, or what roles we should assume in life. That's just my view.

As I get older, I realize that I'm probably in the 1% of men who are non traditional in their views of marriage. Probably stay single for the rest of my life, but that's ok. But I won't compromise on this.

mini1x's photo
Fri 11/28/14 11:08 AM
confused

mini1x's photo
Fri 11/28/14 09:39 AM
Ok, this is why some men (like me) get all confused about this.

You want a man that will protect and take care of you, and you stay at home and do the homemaker part. Fine, that is a gender role assignment, and that works if you accept it.

But then you turn around and complain that men don't share in doing the homemaking part as well.

Sorry, this doesn't make sense to me.

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 08:22 PM
To the OP.

Sorry buddy, but when you say don't judge you because of your perspective, you're being naive. People DO judge you by what you say and your ideas, and while everyone deserves respect from others (at least that's what I believe), I can almost guarantee you won't make many friends that way. They'll always look for the angle, because you will never offer them anything without wanting something back.

Just sayin'

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 08:00 PM
Awww shucks maam, such kind words coming from your fine self. flowerforyou

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 07:48 PM
Lol you see, good looks and the whole equality thing goes out the window. jk

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 07:42 PM
Oh my, yes, saw that one... very disturbing. Glad to see someone else found it disturbing yet fascinating.

Ok, to add another sorta unkown one:

Time Crimes - interesting twist(s) on time travel

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 07:36 PM
That's why I said PADDED! And EASY TO CLEAN!

So after he gets done bouncing around and slobbering, you can just wash it all down.
:banana:

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 07:36 PM
Actually you forgot the part where he wears nothing but an apron and a smile!
Lol

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 07:30 PM
District 9! Great flick, but I think Prawns and I think, mmm, seafood.
I don't think I've seen the others, I'll put them on the menu.

Two of my favorites on Netflix:

Let the Right One In (the original)
Rare Exports - a very interesting take on Santa Claus!

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 07:21 PM
didn't know there was such thing

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 07:18 PM
Oh, absolutely! Equal play, equal pay, equal stacking the hay... ok yeah, lame.

But yes, have always believed that. Even put 1 1/2 exes through college!

The only hard negotiations would be between house cleaning and yard work. I tend to negotiate towards the yard work side. :wink:

But as a single, you have to do it all anyways, so why not split even?

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 07:15 PM
... with padded, easy to clean walls!
pitchfork

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 07:13 PM
Ok you two, get a room... a toy room! lol.

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 04:50 PM
What movies, little seen or long forgotten maybe, just touched a nerve with you?

Couple of mine:

On the Beach - very depressing but touched something in me. I grew up in the Cold War, where any day I expected to be basically vaporized or die a slow agonizing death. But it is uplifting in a way too, love among the desperation.

Zorba the Greek - Zest for life, my best description. Totally opposite from the other movie. And, I can identify with the Greek culture because of my background.

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 04:26 PM
Quotes for Thanksgiving:

Enjoy the little things - Zombieland

Well, that was absurd, let's eat dead bird! - Home for the Holidays

I drank what? - Socrates (ok, not a movie and I made that up lol)

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 04:20 PM
And a Thanksgiving well wish from me too! Hope it all works out for the best.

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 04:16 PM

Well I don't want to be pulling jalapeno poppers out of any tookuses, so I guess it depends on the degree.

You mean heat? The hotter the better, I'd say.
pitchfork

mini1x's photo
Thu 11/27/14 04:08 PM

I'm a young matured minded man of 23yrs of
age. a native to Ghana but I now base in
Nigeria due to the work I do for my living. I
work in a transport company. pls I need ur
opinion. I always fall in love to older woman
but not young ladies. my dream is to date an
older woman and marry her if only she's also
interested. what should I do to get one. thank
u all

Hey buddy, three reposts is quite enough! You're spoiling the fun for the rest of us young folks lol.