Community > Posts By > mini1x

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 03:24 PM
lifelong friend

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 03:14 PM
Yup, been keeping up with the stuff myself. Trouble is, not many commercially available kits out there, most use the same panels.

My retirement home will definitely have better solar panels though! :smile:

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 03:13 PM
This is so true about relationships:

Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp43OdtAAkM

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 03:06 PM
Edited by mini1x on Sun 11/23/14 03:10 PM
So, ok, do you ever find yourself making up words to songs? I do. It's a major charactes flaw of mine, I freely admit... I think I've always secretly wante to be Weird Al.

So, anyone here care to embarrass themselves by posting some home made lyrics? Actually, they don't even have to be to a popular song, as log as it's a song lol.

I'll start:

Tom Petty - Learning to fly
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tompettyandtheheartbreakers/learningtofly.html

Well I started out to make some fish
But it turned out not to be the dish
So I sat and thought what I wanted to eat
Something with spice, and crunchy meat.

I'm going to fry some chicken wings
Making the sauce is the hardest thing

The wings will broil, hope they don't burn
Or I'll cook them in oil until they turn

I'm going to fry some chicken wings
Making the sauce is the hardest thing

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 02:38 PM
http://crappytaxidermy.com/

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 02:34 PM
Oh, solar heating, I haven't actually thought about that one, great idea!
Thank you Conrad and Soufie! drinker

Yes, I know China is not exactly the leader in environmental stewardship, but there are ways to make fairly "clean" solar panels as well. And my plan is to have my retirement home be completely off the grid, so coal fired electric plants aren't in the picture. :wink:

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 02:27 PM
Hi Tom,

From a fellow guy who totally understands your position and predicament.

First off, 1000 posts is pressure you probably do better without. Don't give up just cause you hit a number or time limit. Just sayin'.

Isolation. Same here, two years through separation and eventual divorce I've become a social recluse. Probably overly cautious now to make any sort of attachment beyond simple friendship, but that's the way it is for now at least.

I don't do well going out and doing things by myself. I used to. The key is motivation I think. I am slowly coming out of my shell.

I think you're doing one thing right at least. You post in the forums. I think one of the best internet inventions is forums, because they are a good way to socialize and let your barriers down a bit. So keep at it, get yourself involved in discussions, jokes, whatever topics interest you. You'll be surprised how many people you get to "meet" this way. :-)

And best thing, you'll find out that people will like you for your mind more than anything else!

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 02:00 PM
Edited by mini1x on Sun 11/23/14 02:03 PM
For me, friendship, first and foremost.

We all carry our past behind us, so I'm much less inclined to look for emotional attachment beyond friendship right now. Just more cautious, that's all. But the heart has a mind of its own, as they say, and that has proven my undoing more than once.

Oh, and young or old is entirely relative. It truly is.

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 01:50 PM
Very interesting thread!

And well said old sage, different stroke for different folks.

Sex is an activity. You won't die if you don't do it.

But it does (usually) involve two. So if you're in a relationship, and one feels is important but not the other, then you need to resolve it. Or learn to take care of your needs solo, lol.

But as a polling question, yes, I do think sex is important still. But I think I am more selective nowadays about the when and who.

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 01:27 PM
So, ok, so I've been thinking about solar panel kits lately. I have a modest house, and I have modest energy needs, even in the summertime. I plan to live in it until my retirement, when I'll be moving to better climes.

I did some back of the envelope figuring and it looks like it might pay for itself in about 10 years. That is, assuming the cost of energy stays relatively flat... fat chance lol. If it rises significantly, then the payoff comes sooner.

Anyhoo. Any of you have had solar power installed? Or know people who have? Or have an opinion?

I am big on electric stuff actually, have been long before even electric cars were considered fashionable. In a few years I actually intend to convert my car to electric.

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 01:01 PM
guy wire

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 12:48 PM
Learning to fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BJXwNeKsQ

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 11:11 AM
home grown

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 10:58 AM
A man's got to know his limitations lol.

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 09:38 AM
Columbus: [after his neighbor changes into a zombie] You see? You just can't trust anyone. The first girl I let into my life and she tries to eat me

Zombieland

mini1x's photo
Sun 11/23/14 12:18 AM
Since it's 2am and can't sleep:

Chumbawamba - Tubthumper

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 09:38 PM

I remember my first crush still. It hurt terribly, but I learned a lot from it.

I remember my first "real" love... first time I ever considered living with someone. We've kept in touch as friends over the years, until a recent turn of events brought that friendship to a close. That one still hurts.

As to the mother of my child, you're right, you can and probably shouldn't forget for the sake of the children at least. But man, sometimes I'd like to...

Alzheimers will take care of all this eventually. ;-)

Heck I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday so my first crush. Hmm, I know he was male but other than that I can't remember a detail.

Lol NavyGirl, maybe it's for the best that you don't remember. I wish there was a selective mind eraser I could use sometimes.

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 09:31 PM
Totally agree.

Now, onto the next toxic encounter!
scared

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 09:26 PM
11 cents a gallon! Wow. I remember when it around 70 cents or so for a while (around the mid 80's I think).

Yeah, it was a full service station. Haven't seen one of those in a while.

And the loot, I'm not tellin! shades

mini1x's photo
Sat 11/22/14 09:18 PM
Oops, sorry! Need to go to bed lol.

Ok, mine is jambalaya then

1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 14