Community > Posts By > livingsingle15

livingsingle15's photo
Wed 10/28/15 07:21 AM
open honest communication

livingsingle15's photo
Fri 10/23/15 09:14 AM
To me marriage and divorce are a state right, not to be confused with what you promised before God. In the case of Rusty Kitty, yes, I'm sure you promised in sickness and in health, until death. But to me, death can also include the soul leaving the body, and unfortunately, it seems god has called your husband's soul home, but left him breathing. So I can see, how you feel that you are a widow and after serving your husband's needs it's time for you to cater to yours.

I'm sorry if I offend anybody, but due to the US Supreme Court ruling concerning marriage, I now feel that marriage and divorce are a joke. It just opened the door to polygamy, then what animals? And if you are smart, you wouldn't just leave it up to the state to determine what to do with your assets when you pass concerning your widow and children. So what, here in Ohio, your widow gets first crack at the house and two cars. Really, as in my brother's case when he passed, his wife got the house and two of his cars, before his kids from his first wife got anything. So what, he had a mortgage and two car payments, and life insurance that went to his kids. She was able to stay in the house for less than six months before being forced to sell it. The cars? what do you think, the bank took them.

So married, separated, single, divorced or widowed, don't worry about these so called State laws and rights, but do what you feel is right knowing that you might have to justify your actions in front of the pearly gates.

livingsingle15's photo
Thu 10/22/15 11:21 AM
What ends it for me quickly, is when they had to travel to Nigeria for (fill in the blank) and can't return home, can't eat, don't have a place to sleep unless I send them some money.

livingsingle15's photo
Thu 10/22/15 09:10 AM
Sadly, never had that feeling, with both marriages, we meet, had a great connection, made the move to have sex quickly but in both cases took exactly 3 years before we tied the knot. Unfortunately, in both cases the wife changed and I divorced the first one after almost 15 years and the second one earlier this year after 6.5 years of marriage. And after two divorces and the cost and hurt associated with it, I'm very leery now of even thinking of marriage. But of course said that after my first one ended. So never say never.

livingsingle15's photo
Sat 10/10/15 08:07 AM
8 Years, and your on a dating site? Sounds like both might have commitment issues. Shame he isn't like the guy my ex left me for, our divorce was final this past March and by September they were in a new house, new Harley, new Mercedes and married. Her digging for gold continues.

livingsingle15's photo
Fri 10/09/15 06:34 AM
Just as the other's say, first why on a dating site if you have been with this guy for 4 years? And with your situations being different now, you guys might want to take a break until you get your affairs in order. And can't have sex because no condom, something is flat out wrong with your BF. Might be a real excuse once, but not over and over.

livingsingle15's photo
Fri 10/09/15 06:00 AM
I should be very happy and thankful for what I have but I'm not. I got divorced earlier this year from a woman, that I cared about a great deal in the beginning, but grew apart at the end. Doesn't help that she had a male friend on the side and within 6 months of our divorce being final, she married him. So that still hurts, I don't know why but it does.

And I should be very happy, because I'm not living with her or putting up with her extreme drama. I have a very good friend now that we do a lot of fun stuff together and are there for each other. I have a very good job, with lots of freedom and very little stress and I'm situated very well financially. The first comment made by friends that find out about my divorce is that "she had it made". But I remind them of the old saying, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

livingsingle15's photo
Tue 09/29/15 01:46 PM
I don't think the gender matters as much as the person. Some, like me, take longer, and others are already mapping out the future.

livingsingle15's photo
Fri 09/25/15 06:01 AM
Edited by livingsingle15 on Fri 09/25/15 06:04 AM
I know now, once a cheater always a cheater. As far as divorce on kids, my parents divorced young and I've been divorced twice so far. My young adult kids have never been in a serious relationship with anybody, yet. They have seen the toll that marriage and divorce has taken on me, and I don't think they want to follow in their dads footsteps.

livingsingle15's photo
Fri 09/25/15 05:52 AM
Libido, so true.

livingsingle15's photo
Fri 09/25/15 05:33 AM
I wake up every morning a little sad, because I now longer have my partner next too me. Then depressed because I know she is laying next to another man. Shame couldn't make the marriage work, but depressed knowing she is with another man now. Just doesn't make sense to me, and I struggle everyday trying to figure it out. I do not want her back, because of the drama and differences we had, but not having at least half a partner hurts too.

livingsingle15's photo
Thu 09/24/15 02:50 PM
It's easy to hand out advice to a guy questioning his relationship with a GF. But let's say it's a guy that found out his wife has been cheating on him and they have two little kids? Let's say the wife is dealing with a mid-life crisis, whatever that is, but does he try to work through it with her for the sake of the kids and their 15 year marriage. Or does he just walk away? And what I mean by cheating, is numerous cell phone calls to a landline, you reverse phone number search and find the house, drive by and find your wife's car in front of it, walk up to the door and find them in each others arms.

livingsingle15's photo
Thu 09/24/15 02:18 PM

In this day and age...do people REALLY give money or info?

With all the media coverage about scammers...I don't feel as sorry for the "victims"

I thought the same thing, that how could you fall for such scams, but then watching Dr. Phil, he had a woman on it that fell for it for two years.

livingsingle15's photo
Thu 09/24/15 02:17 PM
Just like everything else in life, this isn't black or white, but a gray area. It's like, having a friend of the opposite sex, is that okay, sure, but if your married, ?. Casual dating, does sex occur after the date? Is that okay? Or does that become a FWB situation. And is that still considered casual dating. Or it could be serious dating, but then abruptly ends, because one of the two is no longer interested in you but someone else. Shoot, even happens to married folks, one looses interest and wonders. So maybe marriage is one big casual date?

livingsingle15's photo
Thu 09/24/15 01:17 PM
subtle glances at each other, along with a smile, that gets my attention.

livingsingle15's photo
Thu 09/24/15 01:09 PM
I don't think of myself as giving advice, as much as telling a similar experience I may have had and the outcome, I experienced.

livingsingle15's photo
Thu 09/24/15 01:06 PM
One problem with all of the technology in the world, what does it run off of? Electricity. What would happen to all the lazy kids if they couldn't charge or power their technology?

I have a little place in the country, out of cell phone range and doesn't have electric, other than the main house. You should see the kids after a day or so when they can't play on the internet, or text. They loose interest in their cell phones, tablets, etc. Then they go hiking, fishing, skipping rocks, stuff us older folks did prior to all this technology.

livingsingle15's photo
Wed 09/23/15 01:04 PM
What has always worked for me, is when I'm asked what I do for a living and I say I'm a VP for a very large financial company and have been there moving up the ranks for almost 30 years. I can tell most women I've dated wanted that type of stability in a guy.

livingsingle15's photo
Wed 09/23/15 12:58 PM
In the USA, statistics says 50% of marriages end in divorce. In my case, it's 100%. To me, better plan the divorce strategy right up front, same as pre-planning your funeral.

livingsingle15's photo
Wed 09/23/15 12:31 PM
I'm not a pickup line user either. I prefer to observe for awhile, then ask a questions about something I see them doing. Cell phone usage is an ice breaker for me nowadays. Seems every woman is locked into doing something on their cell phones.