Community > Posts By > RustyKitty

RustyKitty's photo
Sat 07/29/17 03:12 PM
Back when I was in my late 20's, early 30's, upon seriously dating, it certainly was a consideration as to his financial ability to support a family. Will he be able to support me in a fashion to which I want to become accustumed?

RustyKitty's photo
Thu 07/27/17 08:25 PM

How long will this paint last?

Now that's a very good question
I sealed the cement first.. used outdoor paint. And sealed it with many coats of varathane..
I hope it lasts a couple years ..and I will work on ordering a traditional one for long term ..but I would still want something less traditional in style.. so much ideas on the internet..
A childhood friend of his has a rock quarry, so using a stone from him would be appropriate .

RustyKitty's photo
Thu 07/27/17 08:20 PM

The cemetery accepted this?...or is he buried in the backyard?

The cemetery? What do they care? They don't want fences or problems for the grass cutter.. this cemetery is in bumfuk nowhere, rural,
I'm going to place the stone on top of the urn once it's buried..so I and family will know he's directly under the stone..

RustyKitty's photo
Thu 07/27/17 07:05 PM
Non-traditional I know..for my dearly departed husband.. he is getting a .hand painted stepping stone instead of the traditional stone/granite..bought a 12x12 stepping stone at Home Depot. I painted it a light blue colour (outdoor paint).
I've got some black sign paint , used the computer to generate the words and dates so all evenly spaced...
Mod podge some pictures on there , seal ...
I painted some poppies on my dads,, he was a veteran
Actually it looks pretty good..
So I have to maybe explain to certain family members as to why I ain't getting him a traditional headstone..
I can do it..I've got the answers

RustyKitty's photo
Thu 07/27/17 06:51 PM
I am low maintenance nor do I have the desire to be a walking advertisement for (insert name brand here). I dress for the occasion.. when I am in the market to buy , if it fits and I like it, I'm buying it.
I think this topic runs in the same vein as keeping up with the Jonses'
Ya know.. all your friends have that Michael Kors bag so you have to get one too ..
Anyway no fashion clothes horse here...

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 07/25/17 09:27 PM
Edited by RustyKitty on Tue 07/25/17 09:29 PM

for instance, if I say 'its terrible for a child to suffer through cancer',, and someone responds 'its terrible for ANYONE to suffer through cancer',,,,,,do you feel that person is most likely interested in distracting from my point?

It seems more likely, they are commenting on your point, not distracting from it.
I mean, its a conversation... what would you want them to do? say nothing? just agree with you?

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 07/25/17 06:27 AM

I wonder why most guys who are interested in meeting up usually asked to go out for a coffee?
Your thoughts guys smile2

Coffee meet n greet comes across as harmless..
What would you prefer?

RustyKitty's photo
Mon 07/24/17 09:31 PM
I purchased a pineapple.. when I cut into it at home, it was brown inside. As I paid $4.99 for said pineapple, I took it back to the store (along with a package of shredded cheese, moldy, with an expiry date in August),.. Tried to get another one, but the exteriors were all the same, indicating, to me, that they would also be brown inside...
So, instead I brought home a bunch of bananas.. which continued to sit on the counter until they began to blacken.. whereby I made some banana bread..frown

RustyKitty's photo
Mon 07/24/17 04:40 PM
Of course, I'm just an observer .. but it seems to me this Jared Kushner fellow comes out of nowhere really... he's there because he's The Donalds' son-in-law.. Kushner was/is a businessman, and has more than a couple connections I'm sure.. but, just how much influence do you think he has to change any election outcome?? I mean really.. c'mon now.
seems to me that any controversy surrounding Trump et al, is covered by, maybe even started by, sour grapes

RustyKitty's photo
Sun 07/23/17 08:43 PM
a committed relationship requires more work than a friend relationship, IMHO.

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 07/21/17 09:01 PM
Happy wife, happy life.

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 07/21/17 08:31 PM
ckua - friday night blues
heard around the world @ ckua.com

RustyKitty's photo
Wed 07/19/17 09:20 PM
afterbite; calomine lotion; may be a good starting point when the itch gets too crazy..

RustyKitty's photo
Sun 07/16/17 10:10 AM
Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me..

RustyKitty's photo
Sun 07/16/17 10:06 AM
I would sure like to de-clutter, that's for sure. 2 floors, 1500 sq.ft each.. I like my space, so no tiny house for me.. but there's too much 'stuff'... so I am having a yard/garage sale at the end of August - what doesn't sell goes to the Goodwill.

RustyKitty's photo
Wed 07/12/17 08:50 PM
In my single days, I experienced both female roommates and male roommates.. being a female, I found the male roommate easier to get along with - it was platonic - .. the female was too emo

RustyKitty's photo
Mon 06/26/17 07:37 PM
i wear heels frequently..

RustyKitty's photo
Sun 06/25/17 08:39 AM
That reminds me of a post I saw on facebook..
If you ad to choose between a million dollars and your spouse, what is the first thing you would buy?
GD, that's funny.
laugh

RustyKitty's photo
Sun 06/25/17 08:37 AM
Sometimes things occur and ya wish there was a man around to do it... had to call my neighbor over to help me attach a stupid grass catching bag to my lawnmower.. ugh
I have great neighbors...
So there's one occurrence where one comes in handy..

RustyKitty's photo
Sat 06/24/17 06:09 AM

Sometimes people punish others for an offense by cutting off communication without warning for a week or even longer.

How do you feel about it and how do you cope?

I can't say that I've ever, knowingly, experienced the 'silent treatment'.. that being said.. if I did... I would consider it quite immature and I would examine that relationship dynamic.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25