JaymeStephens84a0lc's photo
Sat 01/10/09 08:10 AM

Normal? Sounds boring. On a positive note, he doesn't know where you live, right?

Well it would prob be easy to find out having her home phone number, hence why u shouldnt rush into these things without thinking.

laugh laugh laugh laugh
I'm not 12 dear...lol, I know the "dangers of the internet". Life isn't worth living if ya don't take a chance on gettin to know people occasionally. I can't live my life all buttoned up and safe all the time, THAT is what is boring to me.

Ok, so ur last post looks like a complete contradiction imo.

Anyhoo, thought i was giving ya friendly advice, thats all it was meant to be.

Whats the contradiction? I don't do things like you do? Your point being what? I took a chance...lol, it didn't work, end of story. I just thought it was funny is all.
NO, you were giving me "mom" advice. I'm not a child...lol, I can handle my own tyvm.

Sat 01/10/09 08:05 AM

Normal? Sounds boring. On a positive note, he doesn't know where you live, right?

Well it would prob be easy to find out having her home phone number, hence why u shouldnt rush into these things without thinking.

laugh laugh laugh laugh
I'm not 12 dear...lol, I know the "dangers of the internet". Life isn't worth living if ya don't take a chance on gettin to know people occasionally. I can't live my life all buttoned up and safe all the time, THAT is what is boring to me.

Sat 01/10/09 08:03 AM

up now, you have a good night." He practically stalks me on messenger for the next half hour and calls me over and over and over and over for about 2 hours. I answered once to tell him to stop calling, and he was freaking me out. So what does he do? Blocks his number when he calls again...lol, like I wouldnt' know who it was? Okay.. just thought it was slightly freaky and funny and thought I'd share my interesting Mingle encounter. Are there any normal people on here?

No, he doesn't.

Sat 01/10/09 08:01 AM

How long were u speaking to him before u gave him ur msngr addi??

Well messenger is no big deal cus I just put him on block...lol. Its the phone thing that was the most "oh my god, are you kidding?"

Well firstly, i havent gave out my personal addi to any guys online for a LONG time, and thats because my account was hacked.

I learned that unless u had spent quite a lot of time gettin to know someone thru a site, dont give ur addi out. Theres nothing u can say in msngr that u cant say here. Its a process...

Firstly, get to know in Pm, then, move from that to msngr...then, progress to cam chats, THEN, after a while, if ur comfortable, exchange numbers. It should be a process that takes time....if ya rush into these things, ya will attract all the jerks.

I don't use the messenger on here, it always lets viruses onto my computer. I gave him my least used messenger name, and then blocked him from it. Trust me, after talking to him for a little while you realize he's lucky to tie his shoes every morning...lol. I can't see him having the ability to hack.

I didnt mean msngr on here, i just meant private mail....

My point was u shouldnt rush into giving strangers ur private email address, and also never underestimate a scorned man.

laugh
I just can't assume that every person is bad and evil. I don't have it in me. I just can't see instant messaging someone as "rushing it"...lol, sorry. It would really suck if he happend to hack the email I don't use for anything but "screening" people, but I could just make another. That name has nothing to do with anything personal, so it really doesn't make much difference.

Sat 01/10/09 07:52 AM

This is why I usually go to Skype first before I allow my number to be given out.
Some people just don't take rejection well.

I can't afford skype...lol. I normally just block my number on the first call. Just a slip up and thats what it gets me...lol. I'll certainly not do that againlaugh

Skype is free if you are just doing voice and webcam chat. It is only 6.95 a month for unlimited calling world wide. I have used Skype or Yahoo voice chat forever. Both are free and a bit safer. Since like you I would forget to block my number.

My computer is way too slow for any of that...lol. I have to take my chances. I rarely forget to block my number (only like 2 times in the last year, first time turned out okay...lol) I usually chat online for a few days before I even consider calling, but he asked and I was like "what can it hurt?" He doesn't really seem like a threat, just really sadly desperate.

Sat 01/10/09 07:50 AM

Well messenger is no big deal cus I just put him on block...lol. Its the phone thing that was the most "oh my god, are you kidding?"

Well firstly, i havent gave out my personal addi to any guys online for a LONG time, and thats because my account was hacked.

I learned that unless u had spent quite a lot of time gettin to know someone thru a site, dont give ur addi out. Theres nothing u can say in msngr that u cant say here. Its a process...

Firstly, get to know in Pm, then, move from that to msngr...then, progress to cam chats, THEN, after a while, if ur comfortable, exchange numbers. It should be a process that takes time....if ya rush into these things, ya will attract all the jerks.

I don't use the messenger on here, it always lets viruses onto my computer. I gave him my least used messenger name, and then blocked him from it. Trust me, after talking to him for a little while you realize he's lucky to tie his shoes every morning...lol. I can't see him having the ability to hack.

Sat 01/10/09 07:45 AM

This is why I usually go to Skype first before I allow my number to be given out.
Some people just don't take rejection well.

I can't afford skype...lol. I normally just block my number on the first call. Just a slip up and thats what it gets me...lol. I'll certainly not do that againlaugh

Sat 01/10/09 07:43 AM

I'm not sure about doing things the way he did, but for myself if it's not going to happen, I'm on to the next one, I as well have enough friends & probably would not pursue a friendship with someone either.

Thats someone's perogative I guess, but what sense does it make to not make a friend out of it? They could be more in the future once you really get to know them and work out kinks in your personality differences over time. I personally welcome new friends all the live long day, I feel you can never have too many.

Sat 01/10/09 07:41 AM

Sat 01/10/09 07:36 AM
Last night I was speaking to this guy from here for about an hour or so on messenger before he asked me to call him. He seemed harmless enough, but wasn't sure how well we were clicking. I agreed to call, thinking maybe some of our typed conversation was getting lost in translation... maybe I'd like him a little more if I was actually hearing what he was saying instead of reading it.. some people just aren't good at typing...

K, so, I call (forgetting to block my # on the first call like I usually do), and we get along at first. It takes a total of 20 minutes though to decipher that we are just totally incompatible for anything other than friends. Nothing wrong with that in my book, right? Wrong. I told him that "I think you and I could be good friends, but probably nothing more. What do you say we be friends and maybe over time who knows?" He goes OFF saying he has enough friends and was looking for someone to be with and blah blah blah. I listened to his rants for about 5 minutes to be fair to him, but it was all just whining. I told him "I'm going to hang up now, you have a good night." He practically stalks me on messenger for the next half hour and calls me over and over and over and over for about 2 hours. I answered once to tell him to stop calling, and he was freaking me out. So what does he do? Blocks his number when he calls again...lol, like I wouldnt' know who it was? Okay.. just thought it was slightly freaky and funny and thought I'd share my interesting Mingle encounter. Are there any normal people on here?

Fri 01/09/09 11:04 AM

It's making me crazy. I'm on this dating service, did the whole did you match thing, nada. I did go out with a very nice man (who kept bad mouthing his ex, isuues..) But other than that, nada. Maybe I'm just not able to figure out how this site works. Could I be that stupid? No, I think not, anyone have some advice?frustrated

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I've been here almost 2 years and still singlelaugh laugh laugh

Give it time.

Fri 01/09/09 09:45 AM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Fri 01/09/09 09:47 AM

I sadly know a few people on this site, whom I've met in person, who really should be posting on this thread.

Even sadder is that those are the ones who are least likely to. Which makes another, completely different, point.

laugh laugh
Yeah agreed. I do take satisfaction in knowing if they read this they'd know it was them I speak of. One of whom I thought was a friend... until I had a bad day the other day... then he insisted my bad day must have been product of my "lust for him" I was like.. WTF?... dude? are you for real? Needless to say my bad day was over as I became too busy lauging:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And yeah... he was stone cold seriouslaugh

Fri 01/09/09 09:40 AM

Enough with the nice guys, already. This thread is for the arrogant narcissistic conceited jerks of the world, such as myself, who strive mightily to avoid ever being perceived, in any way, as "nice."

Also, this would be a good time for the people who enjoy the arrogant narcissistic conceited jerks to come out and say so. Maybe, with enough research and dedication, we can put an end to "nice guys" in our own lifetime. A lofty goal, admittedly -- but think of the world we would have!

I sadly know a few people on this site, whom I've met in person, who really should be posting on this thread.

Thu 01/08/09 09:18 PM

4. lead singer...rick band would be fun... I would just accept the eventual decline of popularity and quit while im ahead (britney)

Hey! Haven't you heard? Brit Brit's on top again babe:smile:

Thu 01/08/09 09:09 PM
1. My life as it is now. I like being obscure and unknown...lol.

2. I'd rather just be me. I'm not a genius, but I'm sure as heck not mediocre.

3. I think I'll stick with being single.

4. The poet. My favorite bands fall in that category of "great poet with small following"

5. You take that chance every day when you wake up in this day and age. I'd pick one. I fully believe in going balls to the wall for your dreams.

6. No. I would not give them the satisfaction, death is too good for that person.

7. The vet. Hands down.

8. Hell no. Immortality is overruled anyway. I think you'd see way more than you bargained for.

9. Their life? HAHA... hmmm.... can I just shorten it by 10 years and not have them love me? I don't want to force ANYONE to love me.

10. I don't believe in hell or the devil. Irrelevant...lol

Thu 01/08/09 06:48 PM
I've had this issue before. I told them if they can't get along then they'll just have to hang out with me separately. I also warn that the first person to try to put me in the middle is the first one I stop talking to.

Thu 01/08/09 06:45 PM

I have a guy who does all those things and I don't treat him like crap.:angry: I appreciate him more than any words I type on here will ever say!!

Well dear, then you are one of very few lucky ones. laugh

Thu 01/08/09 06:44 PM

I agree with you but they(we) must move past it personally...they(we) are still venting and nursing their(we) wounds

offtopic
the lack of coffee is making me apathetic...where to find my coffee..

You should try green tea, its yummy with lime in it:smile:

There's nothing wrong with nursing wounds, we all have them. There IS something wrong with blaming the whole world for your troubles. Thats called self pity, and only breeds insecurity and desperation.

Thu 01/08/09 06:40 PM

last time i tried to stop a woman from leaving after a fight was my ex . i almost became a hit and run victim

I understand how complicated we are now... I mean I hate guys that just run from the problems we have but at the same time when a guy stays and tries to argue back it just pisses me off lol

sorry guys =/

This post is referring to people who know how to have healthy loving relationships involving romance. Not whatever crap relationships we've all had up to now...lol. drinker Here's to keeping a tiny bit of hope that it still exists somewhere somehowdrinker

Thu 01/08/09 06:37 PM
Ladies: The men who've done us wrong suck. They suck, and like huge donkey balls suck...

Fellas: The women who've done you wrong suck. They suck, and like huge donkey balls suck....

The people on these forums aren't them. Stop associating all of your past feelings toward douche bag exes with every other member of that same sex. Its not fair to YOU or your mental state. You can't ever have another healthy relationship until you stop blaming every single member of the sex you are attracted to for your troubles. They didn't all do it.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25