JaymeStephens84a0lc's photo
Tue 01/06/09 02:00 PM

Ok. Here is another symptom of this limbo state I described earlier:

I have been with one woman for 8 years and had no plans on being with anyone else. I am sure its funny to some people, but I was just happy with what I had... so all other women around me were just friends. now that I am back on the open market again, I am having hard time getting out of the friend zone into having sex with another person zone...

My last relationship ended a year ago, and honestly, I am not seriously seeking to be with anyone. If I stay single for awhile yet I am cool with it, if I meet someone then thats cool too. The last bf did a number on me and I am content to be with my friends, family and work for now.

I can completely relate njmom. My last serious relationship ended over 2 years ago, and I'm STILL in no huge hurry to jump in again because he was such a douche...lol. I'm over HIM, just much more cautious and picky now. I'm sure you can relate.

Tue 01/06/09 01:58 PM
Every post made on this site is attention seeking in some manner or another. Its the adult thing to do to just ignore those you don't care for and go on about your day without causing any unnecessary drama .

Tue 01/06/09 12:47 PM
biggrin

Tue 01/06/09 12:24 PM

I'm not too great at this. Usually the girl is so profoundly interested that I don't have to do the multiple date thing.

What do you mean?

All the girls I usually o after are like head over heels interested before we even go anywhere, so I don't have to do the courting thing as much.

Its not supposed to be about "have to" it should be about "want to". You should WANT to court her and make her feel special instead of like a booty call.

Tue 01/06/09 12:13 PM

i know that this is probably the wrong forum to say this but

JaymeStephens84a0lc

will you marry me?

laugh laugh laugh laugh
You're totally making my dayblushing
You're a sweetheart:wink:

Tue 01/06/09 12:11 PM

I think that could be it. I think guys all assume every woman is going to want to hurry them down the isle if they admit to wanting to one day be married. I'm okay without a piece of paper, I mean... its just the government's way of being involved in our relationships anyway. Well I think I'll let this topic stew more interest while I go work out.

Actually it is a function of the church....Most ppl forget that.

I'm Wiccan, not christian, and we too have our version of marriage called "Hand Fasting". You don't need to have a piece of paper to be married in the eyes of "God" or whatever being you pray to. I think if you're in love and living together and happy, that piece of paper is irrelevant for anything except last rights. I can be with someone 70 years and just not sign that paper b/c we didnt' find it neccesary, or we can. However two people are happy is important. I'm happy living one day at a time and enjoying my 20s.

Tue 01/06/09 12:03 PM

What bugs me on a site like this are the ones who email me and are talking about marriage within the first or second email. Talking about how much they want to find the one and want to settle down and get married. That reeks of desperation to me. Not the wanting to get married, but the need to tell someone all about it who you emailed for the first time.

Oh my god I so know what you mean! I would not do that, even if I DID think it...lol, its just desperate. I was seeing a guy casually for a while last year who just seemed in a huge hurry to get married. I told him "I'm 24, I'll get there when I get there, lets not rush it" I had to dump him cus he was obsessed with being married before 40 and he was 37. I think he wanted to be married before 38...lol, I had to skip out.

and momentarilyofftopic
For anyone who watches "The Doctors" in the afternoon (women mainly) Isn't Travis Stork just delicious to look at?

Tue 01/06/09 11:58 AM

you certainly don't sound like a 16 year old, but by god you look like one

i know where your coming from, you should do what i do and set your self realistic targets, my target for marriage was and still is to be married before im 85 years old

laugh laugh laugh
1. You totally just made my day cus I've been worried that I'm starting to look old...lol.

2. I don't HAVE to be married by 35...lol. I don't know if I will be or won't be, I'm just living for today personally.

Tue 01/06/09 09:05 AM

i don't think you can search for someone in a specific category as in

1. someone who wants a girlfriend, and would possibly get married later on in time.

to me marriage has nothing to do with the minister saying you are now husband and wife.
to me thats some random guy telling me what i already know

if i found that special one, and knew it i don't think marriage would be on the forefront of my mind. no matter what age i am

I really just want someone who wouldn't rule it out if it ever were to happen, but not seemingly on a deadline to get married like so many these days. When I was 16 I thought I wanted to be married by 25, but with it now being in my near future (and me being less idealistic than 16 year old me was) I don't really care about "marriage" as much as I do commitment.

Tue 01/06/09 09:00 AM
I think that could be it. I think guys all assume every woman is going to want to hurry them down the isle if they admit to wanting to one day be married. I'm okay without a piece of paper, I mean... its just the government's way of being involved in our relationships anyway. Well I think I'll let this topic stew more interest while I go work out.

Tue 01/06/09 08:51 AM
I was watching the Tyra Banks' show today and a question came to mind from people I've talked to recently combined with the topic of the show.

Me personally, I do want to be married one day but I'm in no big hurry. I'm turning 25 this year and feel I'm coming into my prime, I really feel no rush and as long as I'm married in the next 10 years I'll cope...lol.

I noticed single men who hang out with married friends seem to be in a huge hurry to wed. I have married friends too, both happily and not so happily. The not so happily is why I'm in no hurry...lol. I DO want to be with someone who knows they do want to get married one day, but is it just me or does the smell of desperation completely turn you away?

Why does it seem so hard to find someone who has a middle ground? Someone who does want to be married one day, but not in a rush? They're either wanting to marry you practically before your first kiss, or completely commitment phobic. What gives?

Any opinions?

Mon 01/05/09 08:34 PM

I had been with one woman for 8 years... I was happy for most of it... When I look back now, I can see that it was a mistake so there is no going back to it, but I feel in this weird state of limbo now. Had a couple of dates already... but kind of like not sure what I want to do with my life now? How long will this weird feeling last?

The flirty side of me says: Lets see if I can help ease your pain, cutie:wink: laugh

The serious side says: Its going to take as long as it takes. Everyday will get easier, but some days will still seem like it was yesterday for a little while. You'll get there when you get there and don't rush yourself.

bring the flirty side back!

laugh It never leaves:wink:

Mon 01/05/09 02:42 PM

I had been with one woman for 8 years... I was happy for most of it... When I look back now, I can see that it was a mistake so there is no going back to it, but I feel in this weird state of limbo now. Had a couple of dates already... but kind of like not sure what I want to do with my life now? How long will this weird feeling last?

The flirty side of me says: Lets see if I can help ease your pain, cutie:wink: laugh

The serious side says: Its going to take as long as it takes. Everyday will get easier, but some days will still seem like it was yesterday for a little while. You'll get there when you get there and don't rush yourself.

Sun 01/04/09 08:04 AM

i breastfed my kids when they were hungry. it didn't matter where we were, but i tried to be considerate about not showing anything.

however, when it comes down to it, my kids' needs were FAR more important than worrying about offending someone who might decide to take a glance. they could always look away if it were offensive to them.

Good for you :smile:

Sun 01/04/09 07:49 AM

It was not my child.

It was genetically theirs.

If I was to keep the child, I would have been sued beyond belief.

I was just the carrier.

Which is why my family jumped through hoops to make sure I was able to wash my hands of them as soon as possible to avoid being sued by them for "kidnapping" their son.

You did an amazing thing, most people would not even consider being a surrogate. It is also great that you made sure he had the things he needed before he left your sight. You did what you could sweetie, and thats awesome. It really was out of your hands once he was born, so no one should judge you for it. I applaud you for being so strong.flowerforyou

Sun 01/04/09 07:37 AM

rofl rofl he says, Youre gonna love my nutsrofl rofl

Oh then I have seen this commercial...lol. It makes me laugh for real. I think its a neat little gadget though... if it came to stores I'd probably buy one if I had the chance to look it over for quality.

Sun 01/04/09 07:35 AM

I dont know whats worse.......that you actually found that, or that I wasted 3 minutes of my life watching it too!!!!frustrated

FOUND it?? It came on my damn TV!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing, so I had to look it up on YouTube just to make sure!

So you saw someone you didn't like and decided to go through all this to say you didn't like him? That doesn't really make much sense. Wouldn't it have been less time consuming, thus giving him less of your attention; to just roll your eyes and go about your day?

Sat 01/03/09 07:49 PM
If a woman wants to flop 'em out and feed her child in public, go for it. Be discreet or don't, I don't care. I care more that you are feeding your child, because thats kind of important. As for the older kids nursing... after they start getting teeth... if you still feel the need to give them breast milk buy a pump...

Sat 01/03/09 03:33 PM

is there really anyway to make lima beans good ????huh

Yes...lol, there's several ways. I love lima beans. Now... the recipe above you wouldn't work for me b/c I'm a vegetarian who hates onions...lol

Sat 01/03/09 06:10 AM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Sat 01/03/09 06:11 AM
I eventually remembered...lol. I was online to look up ways to shut off the urge to binge eat...

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25