Community > Posts By > LadyOfMagic

LadyOfMagic's photo
Mon 11/23/09 11:35 AM

Recently, not much. My schedule has been wonky, so it didn't do me any good.

Before that, many things... LOL

I don't dream like normal people do..I don't do much like normal people..lol.

LadyOfMagic's photo
Sun 11/22/09 08:06 PM

I didn't buy it..it was a gift..I guess they didn't give her the disks..I guess I'll just have to get use to being on webtv again..lol.

OK, Email me the Service tag number, and i will put direct download links on here, so all you have to do is click,
save as to the external drive
and double click on the new machine...

Or contact an IT guy around you and see what they charge to install drivers...

Shouldn't run you more then 100 bucks...

Yes, but the library, or a friend should have internet access that you can use to download the drivers...
I can't download anything on a webtv..they don't do that

Those aren't options for me either..Thank you for your help tho

Well your last possible solution is to call dell and order a driver and download CD. they will send it to you, should run about 5 to 10 bucks..

I've searched on Dell.com for any type of installation CD..drivers,
windows xp,anything really..lol..and they have no idea what I'm talking about..lol..I guess I'm not wording something right..I don't know..I'm seriously not this dumb..I don't know why this thing is giving me so many problems!

Give them the model number of the laptop (should be on the bottom of the laptop) and ask them for a drivers CD.

The people at Dell are evil..lol..They won't help without charging $50..one guy even said that he can't say anything other than "hello" without getting my payment info first..and well..I ain't paying just to ask a question or two.

LadyOfMagic's photo
Sun 11/22/09 03:54 PM

I didn't buy it..it was a gift..I guess they didn't give her the disks..I guess I'll just have to get use to being on webtv again..lol.

OK, Email me the Service tag number, and i will put direct download links on here, so all you have to do is click,

Yes, but the library, or a friend should have internet access that you can use to download the drivers...

Well your last possible solution is to call dell and order a driver and download CD. they will send it to you, should run about 5 to 10 bucks..

I've searched on Dell.com for any type of installation CD..drivers,
windows xp,anything really..lol..and they have no idea what I'm talking about..lol..I guess I'm not wording something right..I don't know..I'm seriously not this dumb..I don't know why this thing is giving me so many problems!

LadyOfMagic's photo
Sat 11/21/09 12:18 AM

scared One time a voice started coming out of my computer telling me to kill people and stuffscared

(((((((((((((Mirror)))))))) ignore those voices babe..lol

LadyOfMagic's photo
Fri 11/20/09 09:14 PM

LadyOfMagic's photo
Fri 11/20/09 04:51 PM

LadyOfMagic's photo
Fri 11/20/09 03:27 PM
I used to reply to guys without a pic..THEN I saw that they had worse attitudes than guys with the pics..So now I'm like if you got an attitude you need to at least look like somebody in Hollywood..lol..ok,no I'm joking..kinda!..lmao.

LadyOfMagic's photo
Fri 11/20/09 04:25 AM

I called Dell Hell today and got told that they wanted $50 to even TALK to me..It took all the strength I had to not cuss him out..I hung up on him..lol.I did however find out that the thing is missing drivers..whic I have no way of getting..crap machine! Thanks for all the advice y'all..comp goes out of the window tomorrow!..lol

Do you have a storage device? USB, floppy, or even a DVD. Something you can copy the files from one computer with internet access over to another? Shouldn't be difficult, can take a floppy into most libraries and they let you do what you will with it...just go to the manufacture site and download the drivers for your network card. Probably be a few but it should be explained what they are for on the site you get them from.

If you are using WebTv at the same time as you are trying to connect, well this may be your whole problem! Unhook your connection to the TV!!! then reboot your computer!

That isn't the problem tho..We've had a Webtv and Comps for years now and this is the first time my laptop died.

Ok Device drivers for a dell are easy.
Only a few variables
1. Do you use Wireless or wired?
If you are wireless, you can use a cat5 cable you can pick up anywhere to connect to your router, DSL and you should be able to get online to download the drivers. ( you will need to reboot the router before you connect to it, and after you reboot your machine to connect to it wirelessly again)
2. Does the machine have an internal wireless card? or is it a card you purchased elsewhere?
If you are using Dell standard equipment,
Go to www.dell.com
Click on the support link
Look for link that says drivers and downloads and click on it
type in your service tag number, (not express service code)
it is a number located on your dell machine on a small sliver of white bar code sticker on the bottom.
Based on this number your machine specs will popup in the driver download screen, choose your driver, wireless, or wired, and click on the download driver,
when prompted, click on save AS and save it somewhere you can find it.
Double click on it and click Yes to extract, follow the prompts, install and reboot.
(wireless only)
Once rebooted, you should be able to use the built in Microsoft
Windows Wireless to scan for your network..
If you have security, you will need to enter in your WEP key.
If not you may have to click Yes to connect anyway when prompted to connect to an open non secured network

Also, it sounds to me, that you ran windows updates, and updated drivers, which probably broke your drivers.. i would after you do this, go into your updates, and exclude driver updates.

I think that my first mistake was using a Dell to begin with..lol..I hate this machine..lol.The stupid thing is saying that I have missing drivers..and to go online to download them..its even asking if I wanna go online and do it then won't let me do it.If I had known that it was gonna cause me ths much trouble just to replace the hard drive when the old one died I would have just thrown it out with the trash the very next day!

Hate to break it to ya, but it has nothing to do with dell, or Windows, or anything, just something that happens with electronics..
what you are going to need to do, is buy a thumb drive, flash drive, or external hard drive, go to a friends house, or the library, and download all the drivers on the drive, bring it home and install them. Dell should have provided you with the install disks from when you bought the machine..

Drive needs to be at least 512mb in size...

LadyOfMagic's photo
Fri 11/20/09 03:01 AM

so hows this site with dating/migling? much success?

It hasn't worked for me..lol..but I think it's just me cause no other site I've been on has worked either..lol..I came real close on one though..lol

LadyOfMagic's photo
Fri 11/20/09 02:57 AM

I called Dell Hell today and got told that they wanted $50 to even TALK to me..It took all the strength I had to not cuss him out..I hung up on him..lol.I did however find out that the thing is missing drivers..whic I have no way of getting..crap machine! Thanks for all the advice y'all..comp goes out of the window tomorrow!..lol

Do you have a storage device? USB, floppy, or even a DVD. Something you can copy the files from one computer with internet access over to another? Shouldn't be difficult, can take a floppy into most libraries and they let you do what you will with it...just go to the manufacture site and download the drivers for your network card. Probably be a few but it should be explained what they are for on the site you get them from.

If you are using WebTv at the same time as you are trying to connect, well this may be your whole problem! Unhook your connection to the TV!!! then reboot your computer!

That isn't the problem tho..We've had a Webtv and Comps for years now and this is the first time my laptop died.

Ok Device drivers for a dell are easy.
Only a few variables
1. Do you use Wireless or wired?
If you are wireless, you can use a cat5 cable you can pick up anywhere to connect to your router, DSL and you should be able to get online to download the drivers. ( you will need to reboot the router before you connect to it, and after you reboot your machine to connect to it wirelessly again)
2. Does the machine have an internal wireless card? or is it a card you purchased elsewhere?
If you are using Dell standard equipment,
Go to www.dell.com
Click on the support link
Look for link that says drivers and downloads and click on it
type in your service tag number, (not express service code)
it is a number located on your dell machine on a small sliver of white bar code sticker on the bottom.
Based on this number your machine specs will popup in the driver download screen, choose your driver, wireless, or wired, and click on the download driver,
when prompted, click on save AS and save it somewhere you can find it.
Double click on it and click Yes to extract, follow the prompts, install and reboot.
(wireless only)
Once rebooted, you should be able to use the built in Microsoft
Windows Wireless to scan for your network..
If you have security, you will need to enter in your WEP key.
If not you may have to click Yes to connect anyway when prompted to connect to an open non secured network

Also, it sounds to me, that you ran windows updates, and updated drivers, which probably broke your drivers.. i would after you do this, go into your updates, and exclude driver updates.

I think that my first mistake was using a Dell to begin with..lol..I hate this machine..lol.The stupid thing is saying that I have missing drivers..and to go online to download them..its even asking if I wanna go online and do it then won't let me do it.If I had known that it was gonna cause me ths much trouble just to replace the hard drive when the old one died I would have just thrown it out with the trash the very next day!

LadyOfMagic's photo
Thu 11/19/09 10:41 PM

LadyOfMagic's photo
Wed 11/18/09 03:29 PM

I need to know whats the point? Why do guys and girls do it? Does it make them feel powerful? Or do their mates think they are cool? Personally, i have never cheated, and proud about that. But every single relationship i've been in, i've been cheated on - and i dont see the point, yet it happens so much!

Also, 70% of my friends have been cheated on (or cheated but thats beside the point..) and still want to go back to their boyfriend or girlfriend. I know i've done this once, but dont know why i wanted them so bad - and i need another answer then just plain old inlove!

I have learned that men cheat for different..it doesn't matter how honest,pretty,nice,sweet,caring,faithful,
hard working etc etc etc their current girlfriend or wife is..there are millions of women who aren't them soooooooooo..they cheat.

LadyOfMagic's photo
Wed 11/18/09 01:49 PM

I had to bite the bullet and replace mine. So far I think Windows 7 stinks. Xp was easy to use compared to this.

Replace your computer you mean?..if that's my only option I'm stuck with craptv..opps I mean webtv..lol.I was given that laptop as a gift for my birthday from a neighbor years ago..I don't have the money to get a new one..oh well out the window it goes I guess..lol.

LadyOfMagic's photo
Tue 11/17/09 08:09 PM

Nope I don't have another computer..I've been using a webtv since my comp decided to commit suicide on me and it don't do anything like that.

LadyOfMagic's photo
Tue 11/17/09 03:28 PM

LadyOfMagic's photo
Sun 11/15/09 05:56 PM

Do you have more than one computer in the house connected to the internet?

What kind of internet do you have?
A. Dialup - phone cord directly from computer to the wall socket.
B. DSL - phone cord from modem to wall socket and blue cord from modem to computer.
C. Cable - same as DSL except uses a cable (round cord) from the wall to the modem.
D. Wireless no cord between the computer and the modem (DSL and Cable can be wireless).

If you go to Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware -> DeviceManager do you have any lines with yellow or red circles?

just need a little more info...

I have DSL..Through the cable company.

LadyOfMagic's photo
Sat 11/14/09 03:38 PM

Ok..so I thought that I had the problem with my comp fixed but nope!..now after going through heck and back to get the hard drive installed which I think I finally did..The thing still won't get online..now its going to a white page saying "Page cannot be displayed" and asks if I want to go online to view it..well when I press "yes"(even though I thought it WAS online) it still won't do anything and I don't know why..should I just put the laptop on the floor and roll over it with my chair or what..i'm sick of this thing..lol

First thing you have to do is go into the Control Panel and make sure that your Internet is connecting.

What version of Windows are you using?

It's an XP

LadyOfMagic's photo
Sat 11/14/09 03:31 PM
Ok..so I thought that I had the problem with my comp fixed but nope!..now after going through heck and back to get the hard drive installed which I think I finally did..The thing still won't get online..now its going to a white page saying "Page cannot be displayed" and asks if I want to go online to view it..well when I press "yes"(even though I thought it WAS online) it still won't do anything and I don't know why..should I just put the laptop on the floor and roll over it with my chair or what..i'm sick of this thing..lol

LadyOfMagic's photo
Wed 11/11/09 06:59 PM

Who believes this is the end as we know it?

The REAL end of the world will come when I meet a guy that doesn't flip out on me..When that happens I will let y'all know so you can hide under the bed..lol.

LadyOfMagic's photo
Wed 11/11/09 02:56 PM

Would you as a modern woman date a man who dosent believe in casual sex

heck yeah..you know where I can find one?!?!..lol