Community > Posts By > graywolf55

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 12:58 PM

I could survive without the modern conveniences but I certainly wouldn't like it. LOL Did lots of survival training with the military.
blushing Know where you are on that! But is Canadian Military more vigorous? And look at You (still serving) and now teaching others as well!! Big Hug for you!flowerforyou And of course the (FLOWER) ha ha!!:angel:

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 12:43 PM
drinks This is a topic i've lived and in one way or another survived as i am doing now! Its been a lot of information and fun. Hoping day by day it never happens,but Who Knows what tomorrow will bring? It is right now with all (minglers) helping me survive! I'm having Fun!! And sorry about the Coffee PH.tongue2 NOT:angel:

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 12:21 PM
Humbly--- I Thank You!! That's the Kindest Compliment i have got in a long time!! Others on here are the greatest and i couldn't have made it this far Without All of You!!(graywolf)

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 12:06 PM

Wolf, you mentioned thieves...
What if one comes to your cave to steal your heart?winking
(How) would you defend yourself? LOL

sad blushing Actually and honestly that is one thing (my heart) that can't be stolen! I give it freely, only time and misusing my heart can harden it! brokenheart This goes only for Women, children and animals!winking

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 11:43 AM

I could pretty easy...I can hunt, very good shot with target practice, fish,do garden work, chop wood, hike for miles....,and I built an awesome tree house once...doubt I could milk a cow though...my luck I would pick the bull...shocked :wink:
rofl I tried to let this one slide buuuuuut oops You are doing good even if it is the Bull. He is happier and that's how cityslickers gets fresh cream for their Coffee!!:angel:

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 11:27 AM

.. I have some precious metals.. to trade with.. I have.. a stand alone fireplace... to keep warm and cook on..
.... my upstairs pantry.. is always stocked up...
.. I have shelves in my mechanical room.. in the basement.... full of groceries.. my stockpile.... it truly looks like a little mini convenience store...lol... I have a generator in my shop... I do not own a gun... my son has a wide variety of . knifes..
... we have a crossbow and just.. compound bows in the shop as well...
.. I can fish... and fillet a fish..
.... but I can't trap.. wouldn't know how to skin an animal.... I can make a fire out of nothing if I had to...
... so I suppose I can last for..hmmm
. taking rationing into account... maybe 6 months..... maybe.... after that I'm eating milo.....lol..jk.milo..
seriously don't look at me like that milo...awww.. come here boy I was just kidding...lol
biggrin Precious medals would be un-edible trinkets! And as far as milo goes (native americans ) indians always had dogs around for an alarm system or if hunting was off!! Run Milo run!!rofl oops :angel:

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 11:20 AM
drinks Gotcha- you are the alpha in that pack!!gnome is pretty savvy in other ways. You will do fine! :angel: Radiation suit--oops just kidding!!!

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 11:02 AM

Not sure how well I would do but with determination many things can be accomplished. I can actually shoot pretty decent.. and fish as well as clean them....

Actually have lived on a farm for a short time as a kid and yes we were taught how to milk a cow, churn butter and gather eggs...

Growing up my grandmother hand washed our clothes in the tub when we were little and this was one of the choirs I helped her with...

When it comes down to it we all have survival instincts but the ones that will make it the best are the homeless that are on the streets now... we could learn a lot from them.

But then I have several friends that have many skills that would come in handy where everyone could pitch in their skills... One of the main things is make sure you are near water that can be filtered or running creek. There is a lot of things we can live without but water is not one of them... whoa
Know what you mean i grew up on a farm as well worked on one from age 9 to 17 plus the only bathroom was the outhouse. hunted,butchered, was shown how to forge metal, military 4 years learned different surviving techniques. Combining them all and practicing them "once in awhile" keeps you sharper. Good friends to combine with your skills is important to have( what you aren't familiar with there is anothers skills)!waving

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 10:41 AM

I can wersh the buckskins on the rocks in the creek. :tongue:
How about curing and preserving hides( hair or hairless)?

Knives can be used to scrape excess fats from hides. Salts can be derived from evaporated sea water, and the salt then applied to the hides to absorb remaining fats...

There is another way... The native way... Still involves scraping the hides. Chewing the hides, Pissing on the hides (salts).

And either method would involve stretching the hides while they "cure".

Yes salt does prevent decay in hides! And chewing a hide is not a preservative but is done after the hide cures for texture and softening before clothing is made! I would really not like a pee hide, Brain matter from the animals also prevent rotting. Woodash not only preserves the hide bit also removes the hair.

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 10:02 AM

Not only can I shoot fairly straight, but given time I could probably make a pretty decent rifle from scratch and make the gunpowder and bullets to fire it . I can start a fire without matches and build a boiler for hot water and a simple steam engine. I can design a hydroponic garden that would provide fish and vegetables.
I would probably do quite well. But I can't cook worth a ***.

All that is great!! And to quote my own Father about Food and a pitcular appetite for food" as long as it keeps your bellybutton from meeting your backbone you be happy to eat."

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 07:54 AM

but what about radiation exposure?
rofl I don't think if that happens any of us have to worry or survive very long!! Just like the zombies invading. I think a zombie would be a living person trying to live off a survivor!!winking

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 07:44 AM
Edited by graywolf55 on Sun 11/16/14 07:45 AM

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 07:41 AM

Sure, and I would tend to the goat and chickens and make the soap outta the lard from the piggies too.

Don't you have a "tornado shelter" yet?
blushing No not yet. But i know of a cave near!

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 07:38 AM

Who here can survive without modern convinces? What skill can you contribute in this? No electric,computer, cellphone.

i can build a fire and shoot straight:banana:

waving Gray
waving :thumbsup:

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 07:32 AM

Who here can survive without modern convinces? What skill can you contribute in this? No electric,computer, cellphone.

i can build a fire and shoot straight:banana:

waving Gray
waving :thumbsup:

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 07:25 AM

good native american indian question. :tongue:
drinks Like that answer!! Remember,all is gone, leaves for toiletpaper, stores empty, All is left is (skills). (Leave Jiggilo and prostitution out please!!) oops :angel:

I could get by nicely. I can hunt, fish, build simple furniture, paint, sew, upholster, care for children, make beef jerky, cook, clean, wash clothes by hand, iron with non electrical iron, give haircuts, milk cows, gather eggs, feed farm animals, and more....so I could get along just fine !
drinks I know you would missy just wondering who else could do it? You would be one of the first that i would be able to believe that could!winking

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 07:02 AM

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 06:53 AM

good native american indian question. :tongue:
drinks Like that answer!! Remember,all is gone, leaves for toiletpaper, stores empty, All is left is (skills). (Leave Jiggilo and prostitution out please!!) oops :angel:

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 06:32 AM

Oh yes, we would adept, would take quite some time though.

You wouldn't have time to miss your smartphone, internet, too busy surviving...
I'd miss music a lot, and listening to the radio.. The Chili Peppers, lol

Oh and tampons! Dang, think about not having tampons surprised scared shocked ill OMG I'm gonna stock up on tampons!!!
There are natural sponges useable for that. And i'm glad to see others having fun with this topic!

graywolf55's photo
Sun 11/16/14 06:29 AM

It's been done before,
could be done again.
All the whining would be annoying.
Got that just wondering who would be the worker or the thief. Living off others skills without adding to a situation.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25