Community > Posts By > HawaiiMusikMan

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sun 12/25/11 02:45 PM
Edited by HawaiiMusikMan on Sun 12/25/11 02:46 PM

drinker Nice thoughts to ease the darkness..

Thanks man. My intent was more longing for love than depression. That would have been a better title

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sun 12/25/11 05:47 AM
It's been a long, dark, weary night
Waiting for the dawn
Hoping for the sunrise of my heart
The moon and stars taunt me tonight
I faintly remember what day was like
I fall asleep and wake
She hasn't come
I fall asleep and wake again
That's when the doubt came creeping in

In dreams I pass the time
Sometimes I'd rather stay there
For there we embrace the warmth and light
I wish I had this lonely night

I know, I hope
Someday you'll rise again
We'll make this day never end
Lets make this our last sunset

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sun 12/25/11 02:46 AM
I'm thinkin that you Mingler's don't go to bed soon, then Santa won't come

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sun 12/25/11 02:41 AM
I'd be the ultimate thread killer to take this one down. Going for the win!

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sun 12/25/11 02:38 AM
...all and for god sakes could you please get people to put down the technology and recoginize the person next to them..

so true drinker

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sun 12/25/11 02:35 AM

Yea, some people still haven't figured out how to copy/paste yet lol. Learn how to use a computer people!

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sun 12/25/11 02:20 AM

*Sigh* Ron Paul isn't going to get the nomination. Even veteran Republican, Democratic, Independant and even Libertarian political consultants are saying the same thing. He MIGHT pick up a few deligates and in the even of a close call between Romney and Newt, Perry or Bachmann be the deciding factor but he;s not gonna win and the few people who keep flooding the forums with thread after thread about Ron Paul are just gonna get all upset.

Say what you want, the guys not gonna win thats all there is to it.

The MSM and staus-quo don't want Ron Paul to win so that and the racist thing are what they are preaching to their hypnotized. You going on all these Ron Paul threads regurgitating their propaganda is not cool.

Ron Paul can win if you don't give in to the bs and believe them when they say "you're only wasting your vote, Ron Paul can never win". They're getting desperate bringing up the racist thing. Seriously, a newsletter he didn't write or endorse with no other proof he's a racist after decades since? Is that all they have on him?

If you did some research rather than just buying RP's propaganda, you might find that Ron Paul has contradicted himself and even defended those newsletter articles which keep being brought up. Go back before 2008 to the 1996 interviews when the articles were an issue during his run for Congress. You'll find that he did an about face in 2008. Not to mention most of that newsletter staff was part of his 2008 campaign staff. If you check his current staff, none of those same people are listed in "official" roles. But Lew Rockwell has long been Paul's advisor on economic strategy, going back to the 1970s.

Many believe Lew Rockwell was the one who wrote those articles, but there are a few written in the first person talking about experiences in Congress. Ron Paul was the only staff member listed in newsletter credits who has served in Congress. He denies writing the articles, and it could be that someone close to Paul borrowed from stories Paul related, but you better believe that Ron Paul knew who wrote those articles, especially if he ever read them himself after the fact. He won't admit it because he's covering for a close friend and former staff member.

Does this mean Paul is a racist? Not necessarily, but he's not being honest either. There has been a cover up going on since 1996, and Ron Paul has yet to come clean or exhibit genuine remorse for the publishing of those articles. More than half of the newsletter staff were either close friends or family members, including the editor and publisher. One of them had to know who was responsible for those articles. Ron Paul was listed as Editor, but was likely only in title. Lew Rockwell and Mark Elam are believed have handled most of the operations. This all matters because his campaign is based on integrity, not just ideas.

As Conrad keeps saying, same horse, different rider. The horse isn't just the civil service he's pointed out. It's also the same old b.s. - tell the people what they want to hear, and lie about your past. Americans are getting fed up with the b.s. So if Ron Paul turns out to be blowing a smoke screen, he's a lame duck no matter what his ideas are.

As I believe, Ron Paul may never have a better chance than 2012 to win the Presidency. That's why I think this is his now-or-never year.

You're probably right that Ron Paul knows who wrote the newsletter and doesn't want to expose them. That was the impression I got as well. Also, yes, it is a big deal, but only because the media has made it one trying to discredit him and his message. He constantly defends that he does not agree to what what written in the newsletters when confronted.

I don't blindly follow anyone and have my doubts too since it's been rumored once or twice that politicians have a tendency to lie. I do feel that Ron Paul is genuine in his views and has a good track record of sticking to them.

I hope he wins and that we start to see some real change for the better. None of this hope crap and "change", lets just do it already! I'm so tired of this corrupt system

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sun 12/25/11 01:27 AM

*Sigh* Ron Paul isn't going to get the nomination. Even veteran Republican, Democratic, Independant and even Libertarian political consultants are saying the same thing. He MIGHT pick up a few deligates and in the even of a close call between Romney and Newt, Perry or Bachmann be the deciding factor but he;s not gonna win and the few people who keep flooding the forums with thread after thread about Ron Paul are just gonna get all upset.

Say what you want, the guys not gonna win thats all there is to it.

The MSM and staus-quo don't want Ron Paul to win so that and the racist thing are what they are preaching to their hypnotized. You going on all these Ron Paul threads regurgitating their propaganda is not cool.

Ron Paul can win if you don't give in to the bs and believe them when they say "you're only wasting your vote, Ron Paul can never win". They're getting desperate bringing up the racist thing. Seriously, a newsletter he didn't write or endorse with no other proof he's a racist after decades since? Is that all they have on him?

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sun 12/25/11 01:05 AM
I watched it. The guy seems very intelligent and makes a lot of since. His views echo what Ron Paul is saying. Go Ron Paul! Thanks for sharing

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sun 12/25/11 12:37 AM

A conversation with someone made me wonder about this...

This is first a dating site, but as we all know, many of us use it to meet and keep in touch with friends. So, what are you looking for? Dating? Friendship? Just sex? A combination of all three? Just to participate in the forums? Nothing?

I started on here because it was free! ...and wanted to give internet dating a try. Turned out there weren't many locals on here and no one I was interested in so that idea went out the window. I found the forums here and at the time, were super busy and hilarious. I was hooked. It's tapered off some but I still enjoy hanging out here. Some cool peeps drinker

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sun 12/25/11 12:23 AM
At this point in my life, I'd have to say no due to circumstances. My son's mother lives here on the island and I want her to be a part of his life. I think that's important.

If that wasn't a factor, it would still be difficult for me to move. I like it here and have some roots, though being madly in love can make you do some crazy things

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sat 12/24/11 11:58 PM
Edited by HawaiiMusikMan on Sat 12/24/11 11:59 PM
How do you (if you have kids) present or tell them about Santa?

I've let my son know Santa is a fable and myth, I take the honest approach. We still celebrate a modest Christmas but I find many of these traditions a bit strange.

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sat 12/24/11 11:26 PM
Yea, the cost of upkeep of a car really sucks but I'd have a hard time living without one. Wouldn't want to give up the freedom driving gives. I live way to far from town to walk or bike and our public transportation here is almost non-existent.

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sat 12/24/11 11:18 PM
I washed down a chicken-caesar salad with a Mountain Dew. Lovely combo

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sat 12/24/11 11:14 PM

Wat ar deir main aim 4 avin a relatnshp

For me, It's about bonding with someone on a deeper level than possible with family and friends. Enjoying experiencing life with someone with mutual trust, understanding and acceptance. Oh, and the sex part is amazing drool

I haven't quite found all that yet but have been close

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sat 12/24/11 11:00 PM
This explanation my be a bit outlandish to some of you. I find this kind of stuff interesting. Why do we do the things we do? What are the meanings and origins of these symbols and traditions? I tend to question everything.

I know Christmas is a mishmash of Pagan, Christian, and various other influences. The Yule celebration and winter solstice tie in as well. I've never heard this angle before so it intrigued me.

Do you question why you do the things you do? Have you ever looked into the origins of some of this stuff yourself or does any of that matter to you? ...it's just something you've done since childhood and fun for the kids.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sat 12/24/11 09:39 PM
Edited by HawaiiMusikMan on Sat 12/24/11 09:48 PM

Sounds crazy, I realize, but I've been looking into this today there's quite a bit of info and videos on the internet and even a bunch of books written on the subject.

They claim that magic mushroom use (amanita muscaria) has ancient ties to all major religious inducing visions and spiritual experiences. They also say that many of the bizarre Christmas traditions most of us do without questioning them, also have ties to magic mushrooms, and originate in Siberia.

O Christmas Tree -
Amanita muscaria almost exclusively grows under pine trees. The red and white color of these magic mushrooms combined with the green of the pine tree, seem to be the color scheme of choice for Christmas decor. We place a pine tree in our home and place gifts underneath, where these mushrooms would grow and be picked.

Here Comes Santa Clause -
Siberian Shaman who often wore red and white, would gather the mushrooms in sacks. Since homes were completely snowed in during the Siberian winter solstice, the only way into someone's home was through a passage in the roof of a home.

Let's Not Forget the Flying Reindeer -
Siberian reindeer are known to be quite fond of eating these psychedelic mushrooms and prance about. The people would even collect their urine and consume it since most of the properties of the mushrooms that induce visions are not filtered out in urine but the harmful ones are.

There are a bunch more connections they bring up to make their case tying Christmas traditions to magic mushrooms but my post is long enough as it is. I was researching this today and thought I'd share. What do you guys think? I've never taken them BTW...

Here's an article:
http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2008/09/santa-claus-magic-mushroom.html

Here's a super looooong video, if you're really interested:
Just do a google search for "http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4410255898449014621#" For some reason when I link to it, it doesn't work

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Wed 12/21/11 11:44 PM
Edited by HawaiiMusikMan on Wed 12/21/11 11:45 PM

Just curious, if a guy writes less than you do in emails does that mean he doesn't care to get to know you better? huh

I'll parrot what some here have already brought up. I think, in general, women are the chattier, more wordy bunch, but there are exceptions to the rule I do acknowledge (so don't pounce on me). In your specific situation, without us knowing exactly what has gone on between you two in these emails, it's really hard to say. It could be he's had a long day at work and isn't in the mood to ponder the meaning of life, or maybe he's chatting up five other women at the time and trying to juggle that, who knows? Probably be better to ask him. Some people tend to over-analyze things

But the other day i called him on something that offended me and he came crawling back even though i was almost done talking to him.

I think if you're to the point that you're almost done talking with him, your original question is moot. May as well give him the cold shoulder now. It might be fun to see if he tries to kiss up to you again to try and win your favor. The poor sap

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Sat 12/17/11 12:06 AM
Edited by HawaiiMusikMan on Sat 12/17/11 12:07 AM

All I can say is that I've watched ALL the GOP debates and Ron Paul has my vote

So have I, he's the only clear candidate who stands out.

Yes, unless you want more of the same

I actually see why Ron stutters so much when he talks. He's so frustrated with trying to get the message out because he's one of the few politicians in congress who reads the acts and laws. Which is why he votes no on most for plausible reasons. Not to mention the moderators really only give him about 2 minutes PLUS the oh-so-obvious interruption. That's always fun to watch. I look at it this way, they let the children bicker with each other, then when Ron comes in, class is in session.

Both Newt and Romney represent the status-quo in my opinion. These are Paul's only opponents, and I think if America would wake up to the clear issues that Paul brings up, we might actually have a good chance of winning

HawaiiMusikMan's photo
Fri 12/16/11 11:31 PM

All I can say is that I've watched ALL the GOP debates and Ron Paul has my vote

So have I, he's the only clear candidate who stands out.

Yes, unless you want more of the same