Community > Posts By > Awatersign

Awatersign's photo
Wed 05/20/15 06:23 PM
I'm proud to be a BAHAMIAN (Bahamas)#242shades drinker

Awatersign's photo
Wed 05/20/15 02:58 PM

Could we change the tense of this topic to who would like to get some so I can reply? :angel:
Totally agree!!blushing :banana: :banana: :banana: drinks

Awatersign's photo
Wed 05/20/15 07:39 AM

Quick survey. Answer wisely. smokin
YEP!!!!!love

Awatersign's photo
Wed 05/20/15 07:37 AM
You should spank me because I'm"Naughty by nature"!!pitchfork blushing bigsmile

Awatersign's photo
Wed 05/20/15 07:34 AM

Okay.
We are all in different stages of life. Different ages. Some are single and some are "taken"......drinker

Imma be nosy and ask who is "getting some" and how often?...:tongue:

I'm guessing some married people are wishing for more...and some single people are getting WAY too much *cough* no1phd *cough*...:angel:

What's the real story? Is it something that you can be honest about?...To put it bluntly, when is the last time you got laid, my friends?...happy

And, please. The mods are watching, peeps...heehee
No comment!!tongue2 :tongue: :banana: :banana:

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 04:48 PM
Edited by Awatersign on Tue 05/19/15 04:49 PM

Here's one I like Never look down on on someone unless your helping them up
I truly agree with that:thumbsup: And never look at someone with your head turn to the side unless there're UPSIDE-DOWN!biggrin

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 04:42 PM

I have learned that "Bloke" means "Men" on the restroom at Outback slaphead
:laughing: ,What's on the ladies own?whoa

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 01:30 PM

about yourself as you have gone through life. I've learnt that I am very resilient and I can hold my ground.
I learned that "most of us are stupid :laughing: (kidding),I've learned that the best person to know is myself,I mean to truly know one's self,it can help us to truly find out our strengths and weaknesses,to unlock our true potentials and stop putting limits on ourselves!! I've learned to never underestimate the power of a positive attitude,and that fear only exists in our minds!!!

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 01:13 PM

I like to give speeches in the nude...happy

Wait?
surprised smitten

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 12:23 PM
Edited by Awatersign on Tue 05/19/15 12:24 PM

Situation is different at least for my sake.

Hope yours will get a better outcome.

Best of luck. :)

Thanks alot fly,i hope so too,appreciate it!:thumbsup: drinker

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 05:12 AM

I think I'd really like to hang out with him ,have a few beers and maybe shoot some pool,that would be really awesome !!

Ok this is something I have a lot of experience with. Mixed professionally and very personally.

I did not lay eyes on any of my birth family for periods ranging from 18 to 46 years. I also have and adopted kid, sponsor children and worked reuniting families for over 45 years.

The advice that you don't know the whole story is very accurate in most cases. Some of the reasons are good some will break your heart or at the very least rock your foundations.

What people don't own up to is knowing the whole story very rarely brings real peace and any time you to try to have a relationship with someone there are costs and benefits. If it is a family relationship there are all kinds of emotions to be worked through and many of them are painful. Parenting is painful for both sides of the equation. Harriet Beecher Stowe says we never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves and I would expand that to we never know the role of a parent until we parent in their situation. It is real easy to judge from where anyone is at but until you walk several miles in their shoes you don't know what it is about. That does not mean all things are excuse able. But I will say things change over time and it is easy to fool yourself into believing something that gets you through a crisis; which family life/parenting often is.

I recommend not going into it if you are standing on shaky knees or if you have someone who clearly is in a crisis you are not equipped to handle. If drugs, alcohol, mental illness or even incarceration is involved seek a professional and confidential resource to educate you and support you through the experience.

I absolutely would not complicate the experience with alcohol, and audience , or even religious intervention because then you are dealing with outside issues and not the individual. That is not saying spending some time on your knees in soul searching isn't a good idea but failed families very rarely have a strong faith centered structure supporting it the right way and at times is exactly what tore it to pieces.

My recommendation is attempt to meet your person as a PERSON and save the "DAD" thing for some time in the future. A quiet, safe, neutral, comfortable place, you can both feel emotions without loosing complete control is preferable. Food is not a bad thing to help ease the awkward moments nor is having notes and a few pictures of things you would like to share. Keep in mind this may be a very overwhelming experience so if you can figure out a place you can withdraw and process before you have to deal with driving or some other responsibility immediately the better. ESPECIALLY vested family that going to have their own agendas. My suggestion is a off hours restaurant maybe even a hotel that has an area where you can visit in private away from your room. If money is and issue you can often find a quiet library or hospital that has and empty area you can sit and talk. I encourage both parties to agree this is not a one shot deal and to limit the meeting to and hour or so. Generally it is and exhausting even if happy event.

Last but not least do your best not to make promises you may later not want to keep. Exchange a cell phone number or a PO. Box address and wait until all the emotions and facts settle out before you bring this person into your personal world. Sometimes it is good but sadly some times it is very bad.

There are extensive networks of reunited families and a great deal of good literature on the subject. Troy Dun is one of the more well known in the field from TV so it would be a good place to do a "search" for information as would your local Mental Health center. Not everything Mental Health centers offer the public is about life situations is to be negative or cure anyone but to help give them the information and support to get through "stuff" in a good way.

Good Luck.

Wow,that must've been difficult for you,but I guess that made you stronger as a person too,and I think you covered just about everything and how to go about this,you sound like this is your field of work lol,but I guess like they say,"experience is the best teacher",you sound like mom talking to her son.I don't know what else to say but thank you so much for being so helpful,I do mean this when I say,you folk are truly a blessing to me,and are my mingle family,thank you all!!flowerforyou flowers :heart: drinks

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 04:57 AM

Not seen all talked to my dad in over 16 years but we hardly ever talked anyway even when I lived in the same house as a child till I left home we never got on an never will.

But good look sorry can't give you any advice.
I now that things happen for a reason,but I hope that you and your dad can have a better relationship and that you can see him soon,and thank you much!drinks

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 04:54 AM

(((((Awatersign)))))
I never met my father and often wanted to. my best advice is hope for the best but be prepared if he's not the person you expect.
be yourself, I've seen you as an intelligent and funny person on the forums. wish you all the best flowerforyou
I will hope that all goes well,and at the end of the day,I'm going just be glad that got to meet him,and I'm sorry to hear about your situation as well,and you get to meet yours someday,thanks so much though!flowerforyou drinker

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 04:50 AM

Hmm..... if you have any ill will towards him.... make it brief... not hostile..... but express your... feelings of abandonment.... is a mature way..
. if you have any..lol.... just remember..
... people do things for reasons we do not know.... and we all make mistakes..
.... you will make some yourself....
. try not to judge.. harshly.... leave some room for growth.... a relationship..... so put all your cards on the table... and go from there...ok..

I think I like this advice :)

Horribly off-topic, but what in heavens name have you done to poor Milo? You turned him into a she-dog?
rofl

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 04:49 AM

Hummm...only advice I can give is go in with a open mind.. Sad to say but at times we tend to only believe what we have been told about others.. And at times it is not the whole truth why the other person is no longer in our lives..

I myself have never faced this type of thing..

You have been handed a opportunity many never get... It will be up to you and him how this goes down.. Just be yourself and get to know him... good luck on your journey~~~~:thumbsup:
That's so true,some never had that opportunity,thank you txsgal!:thumbsup: drinker

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 04:46 AM

Hmm..... if you have any ill will towards him.... make it brief... not hostile..... but express your... feelings of abandonment.... is a mature way..
. if you have any..lol.... just remember..
... people do things for reasons we do not know.... and we all make mistakes..
.... you will make some yourself....
. try not to judge.. harshly.... leave some room for growth.... a relationship..... so put all your cards on the table... and go from there...ok..
I'm glad that you said that,cause some people really do have those types negative feelings towards their dad ,but I just want to see him,and I'm not going to judge because I didn't knew his reason like you said,thank you so much no1!drinker

Awatersign's photo
Tue 05/19/15 04:42 AM

I usually try to break the ice, by using humor. I try to joke often. Hopefully, if he see's that you're up for a laugh, then it may help with feeling tense. Good luck. Hope it goes well for you. flowers. I'd be s****** a brick if it were me going through that.
I'm hoping it lil that(with the humor,about a good was white back,I used to joke with my friends and say,when I meet my dad,I'm going to say,you know all that milk you were supposed to me when I was little,well since I'm grown now,you can just get me "beers":laughing: ,but thanks alot!flowerforyou drinker

Awatersign's photo
Mon 05/18/15 06:21 AM
Edited by Awatersign on Mon 05/18/15 06:22 AM
Thanks you guys,I'll just try to be me then,I'm a bit complex,so I'll see wish "me"show"up !!:laughing: drinker

Awatersign's photo
Mon 05/18/15 03:11 AM
Edited by Awatersign on Mon 05/18/15 03:11 AM
Happy belated birthday broe,hope you get better really soon!drinker

Awatersign's photo
Mon 05/18/15 03:02 AM
I'm at work,but I'm on mingle too,sssshhhh!surprised

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25