Community > Posts By > Estelle79

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 06:55 AM
There's nothing wrong with a prenuptial agreement, it does not mean there is no trust. It means there is a promise and the deed to back it up, so why withhold on that if you're honest?

And about your cousin, that is a very mean thing to say about her. Maybe she loves herself a lot, but had bad luck, it's easy to have that with men these days.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 06:45 AM

You've got to be kidding me. In most of the world the man provides and always has. Now the tables are turned and they don't want to do any chores. In every religion you will find the tradition was for the man to pay the bride or her family, because it is the man who provides and the bride's family who has lost some valuable domestic help. Now everywhere women are paying for marriage, and yet everywhere men don't want to do any chores. This is sad for women, even men are losing this way and don't know it I guess.

No you are wrong. Historically the women's family paid the man. The man was the person having to take care of his new bride. This was a financial burden for the man and a financial relief for the women's family. When a man got old enough he left home. A women never left until she was married. Thus the women's family would give the man a lump sum to take their daughter and be responsible for her. This is called a dowry.

Babylon, Greece, Roman Empire, India, China, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, all have a history of dowry payments. One big reason was women didn't inherit anything back then. This was a way for them to give to their daughter and her family.

In primitive times the woman would leave her home to marry a man, there would be a bride price which he would pay to her family for their loss of labor. That is the earliest type of exchange. Later on when men created domestic violence the dowry was invented as a retaliation against all the women who would laugh at men for having small penises. It was their way of making up for what they lacked and proving themselves to be worthy of the women regardless of penis size. It's in the Bible.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 06:07 AM
It's in the religious books.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 05:58 AM
You've got to be kidding me. In most of the world the man provides and always has. Now the tables are turned and they don't want to do any chores. In every religion you will find the tradition was for the man to pay the bride or her family, because it is the man who provides and the bride's family who has lost some valuable domestic help. Now everywhere women are paying for marriage, and yet everywhere men don't want to do any chores. This is sad for women, even men are losing this way and don't know it I guess.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 04:37 AM
I see lot's of interesting points, enough to make me think my idea is wrong, but still don't see the right answer. Just expecting that men and women will work it out one day seems unlikely though. Just because one guy on here says he helps out a lot doesn't mean most do.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 02:41 AM
I'm trying to say that women still do this work and men don't. Yet women work outside and are paid just like men. But at home there is no equality still.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 02:32 AM

That depends on the country. There are many Muslim countries where women are paid not the men. I was thinking of all those countries.
Also, Germany and many Eastern European countries used to pay women.

For those who say women are not cattle, then why is it women still do and are expected by men and society to do the housework and childcare for free.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 02:26 AM
That depends on the country. There are many Muslim countries where women are paid not the men. I was thinking of all those countries.
Also, Germany and many Eastern European countries used to pay women.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 01:49 AM
No refunds after 30 days!

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 01:44 AM
The thing with spanking kids is, it gets quick results but not very good results in the long term. Love, patience, understanding and communication are the best ways for kids to learn how to behave in the long term. That's why I say, if you spank your kid because at that moment you saw no other way, you should see it as a mistake and learn from it, learn to think of any ways to avoid violence. What if your kid is about to do something that will hurt themselves and your only means to stop it is to shout at them so they will pause in time for you to take them out of danger. These instances can actually result in lifelong mental trauma for the child. Even though we don't mean to traumatize our kids, they are sensitive and can pick up anxiety and depression at an early age, which is hard to get rid of. Children benefit from being challenged to their own ability, pushing them too far or too fast will harm them. So, it's why I say trauma happens growing up anyway, so let's not try to inflict more. And physical punishment is not something for anyone to get used to ever, it is a conditioning that no one needs.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 01:18 AM
According to my research it's all true. If anyone has a good argument, no insults please, go for it. I don't think women are cattle and I don't claim any religious or cultural beliefs in my argument. If most marriages that end in divorce, end due to money, and men need to pay the women alimony or child support when they are not anymore on good terms, it seems beneficial to do all this before marriage when they are still able to be in the same room with each other and the kids are not yet in the picture so don't feel like pawns.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 12:42 AM
Most marriages that end in divorce are over money and then the man ends up paying for it anyway. So, it makes sense to pay beforehand.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 12:35 AM
In many cultures a woman's parents were paid to seal the marriage deal, shouldn't women be paid today for this marriage deal?

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 12:28 AM
Did your mom get free daycare I'm sure she did?

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 12:07 AM
This makes no sense, she swallowed her pride and went to live on the street with her child?

no photo
Sun 04/26/15 11:25 PM

and you threw a couple kids in the mixs.... and your last worries or who's doing the dishes..lol.... it takes teamwork.. a partnership you might say..lol.... as long as everything gets done at the end of the day.. its all good..... but just remember it's your responsibility to make sure it gets done..lol

Some men become irresponsible when there are kids. These men can handle a partnership up until that point then they get scared and don't want to do what it takes, and they blame the woman for having kids and put everything on her, even when he said he wanted the kids in the beginning. I think men need to be tested and see if they can handle a pet before having kids.

no photo
Sun 04/26/15 11:14 PM

Well all said and done relationship are hard and i see maybe im being silly.i did get my perfect man even though he has his faults.someone out there is praying for what i have,i just need to count my blessings.

No offense but this entire thread is basically a cry to work on communication in your relationship.

Don't just accept not knowing what's going on in your relationship by just counting your blessings and ignore everything else.

Talk to the guy. Unless it's all about the kids there's no point in being in a relationship just to be in a relationship without communication.

There's no point in being in a relationship just for the kids, either....

There is when the kids under 1 year old and no other way financially..you think every woman is a millionaire and can do as she pleases when there is a baby?

no photo
Sun 04/26/15 11:09 PM
How about kids without marriage?

no photo
Sun 04/26/15 04:11 PM
It could be he thinks you're too good for him. He may not feel like he will be able to make you happy or please you enough. He may think you will be difficult for him to handle.

no photo
Sun 04/26/15 04:08 PM
It means they're afraid of drama.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25