Community > Posts By > Estelle79

no photo
Mon 05/04/15 02:23 PM
Men would do the financial providing you know why? Because women don't get paid for our work...and apparently no appreciation either.

no photo
Mon 05/04/15 01:27 PM
If you realized and people realized that women do work, they always have worked, they've worked overtime, multitasking day and night, raising children, doing housekeeping...maybe then you would realize that equality is men doing most of the financial providing. As man's work has gotten physically easier, so has housework gotten easier for women. When men used to work hard labor jobs, not sitting at a desk all day, women had no modern amenities to maintain the home or the kids. What I'm saying is both men and women worked hard for their families.

no photo
Mon 05/04/15 08:36 AM

And I see a lot of people painting all feminists as evil. The men who were threatened by feminism were the ones who twisted it, they thought that women shouldn't be treated as equals. The negative way in which feminists are being portrayed just means we have a lot more work to do.

I know this isn't because of my post since I said nothing of the sort. I didn't say all of the movement. And I don't believe all feminists are the same any more than all men are.

I agree with basha. I don't need to be a feminist to be just as important as anyone else. I know my worth. I know my strengths and weaknesses. I am a human that happens to be female

Your point being?

no photo
Mon 05/04/15 08:25 AM
And I see a lot of people painting all feminists as evil. The men who were threatened by feminism were the ones who twisted it, they thought that women shouldn't be treated as equals. The negative way in which feminists are being portrayed just means we have a lot more work to do.

no photo
Mon 05/04/15 04:24 AM
It's not just about breeding like animals, I think it's just healthy to share life with someone else. Someone who could use our strengths and someone who has strengths we could use. No one can be in 2 places at one time, we only have 2 hands and eyes, humans are not infallible so it makes sense to share life with someone else. Also, to have healthy emotional, mental, and physical communication with someone close has benefits to the human psyche that go far beyond reproducing or breeding. And if it's good for individuals health it's good for humanity, so we should not seek to be alone in the world for all of life. It is normal to feel that we need to seek someone that will make us feel whole.

no photo
Mon 05/04/15 02:49 AM
I don't mean to start any controversy. It could be cultural that he wonders why he still feels the need to have intimate human connection due to the culture he was raised in that says it's ok to be alone, but is it really healthy and is it really ok? Apparently not. This is just a suggestion, if I got it all wrong he will say so.

no photo
Mon 05/04/15 01:45 AM

So I'm a man who has been single now for 6 years. And even though I'm use to being alone and most of the time feel like I'm going to spend the rest of my life that way, I still try to find somebody. Has anybody but me ever wondered why? Why do we feel the need to pair off with someone? Why do we get lonely even when we are use to being alone. Just wierd questions I ask myself some nights lol

because we are half person when single.

That is interesting. America as a society values individualism yet Americans tend to feel lonely, so maybe there is a flaw in those values. I think ideally most humans feel healthiest when they are free yet loved and connected to someone else. This would answer the op's question.

no photo
Mon 05/04/15 12:25 AM

sometimes the message of 'equal' harms more than it helps,,,

from my perspective,, trying so hard to prove how 'equal' we were actually required us to start being better than, ,because we never stopped being expected to be EVERYTHING we already were,, we just became expected to be all that men were too

and everything we already were was not focused on as 'equal'

so where we took care of family and home before, we told men we can do your job TOO,,, instead of the job we have already is as important as yours

I believe it often works that way,, proving 'equality' truly means requiring the one trying to prove themselves to be BETTER THAN instead of equal to

What some of us mean by equal is human rights for men and women.

what human right did we not have?

For one we did not have the right to refuse sex from our husbands. It used to be called marital duty now it's called rape. The list goes on. Human rights is a relatively new concept, so is the concept that women are human. In practice human rights are not a given unless they are acknowledged by man.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 03:19 PM

sometimes the message of 'equal' harms more than it helps,,,

from my perspective,, trying so hard to prove how 'equal' we were actually required us to start being better than, ,because we never stopped being expected to be EVERYTHING we already were,, we just became expected to be all that men were too

and everything we already were was not focused on as 'equal'

so where we took care of family and home before, we told men we can do your job TOO,,, instead of the job we have already is as important as yours

I believe it often works that way,, proving 'equality' truly means requiring the one trying to prove themselves to be BETTER THAN instead of equal to

What some of us mean by equal is human rights for men and women.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 02:57 PM
So, conservatives are against human rights for women?

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 02:21 PM
I'm a feminist and I believe that other women can make the choices they want for their body and their life, and I have no right to be a hypocrite and say that's wrong. Live and let live, and women should stop putting other women down, don't you know we have enough of that elsewhere already?

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 01:41 PM

Estelle stated >>>
If you respect yourself and you see yourself as a woman, then there is a conflict if you don't respect feminists. They are people who fought for your human rights, if you don't appreciate them or respect them, how can you say you respect yourself as a woman?

Bashajones stated >>>
LOL...I don't only see myself as a woman, I am a woman....laugh I don't think you fully understand what a modern feminist is or what they stand for, Estelle.

Feminists do not fight for my human rights. My human rights are God-given. I don't need a "feminist" to fight for me...ha! Just as human life is God-given. And feminists have NO respect for human life. You still wanna tell me about respecting feminists, Estelle? You don't even know what they stand for, do you?

I'm all 'EARS'...please enlighten me? This will be interesting; what the younger generation thinks and feels about feminists and how you've arrived at that conclusion "that they have NO respect for human life"! So, fill me in...I seem to have lost something as I've aged!

Alright. The modern feminist agenda has become entirely about birth control (prevention of life) and abortion (termination of life). How does that show any respect for human life?

Feminists nowadays are focused on the abortion lobby and making sure that teens can get the "morning-after" pill...Okay, well, that's fine for all the females that ALSO support that.

But, what about those of us that don't? Those of us that aren't "feminists"....

Respect for human life ends when woman's right to make decisions about her own body and her own life is taken away.

That is a feminist point of view and EXACTLY why I don't respect or need feminism.

It's your right to not want to make your own decisions about your own body and your own life, but it's my right to want to make those decisions for myself. So, you really don't need to disrespect feminism then do you? They are not threatening your right to disregard your own human rights.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 01:16 PM

Estelle stated >>>
If you respect yourself and you see yourself as a woman, then there is a conflict if you don't respect feminists. They are people who fought for your human rights, if you don't appreciate them or respect them, how can you say you respect yourself as a woman?

Bashajones stated >>>
LOL...I don't only see myself as a woman, I am a woman....laugh I don't think you fully understand what a modern feminist is or what they stand for, Estelle.

Feminists do not fight for my human rights. My human rights are God-given. I don't need a "feminist" to fight for me...ha! Just as human life is God-given. And feminists have NO respect for human life. You still wanna tell me about respecting feminists, Estelle? You don't even know what they stand for, do you?

I'm all 'EARS'...please enlighten me? This will be interesting; what the younger generation thinks and feels about feminists and how you've arrived at that conclusion "that they have NO respect for human life"! So, fill me in...I seem to have lost something as I've aged!

Alright. The modern feminist agenda has become entirely about birth control (prevention of life) and abortion (termination of life). How does that show any respect for human life?

Feminists nowadays are focused on the abortion lobby and making sure that teens can get the "morning-after" pill...Okay, well, that's fine for all the females that ALSO support that.

But, what about those of us that don't? Those of us that aren't "feminists"....

Respect for human life ends when woman's right to make decisions about her own body and her own life is taken away.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 01:06 PM

I agree that human rights are a given, but they can be abused and taken from us, and they have been taken from women. Feminists are needed to balance it out.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 12:33 PM
I thought romance was dead.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 12:30 PM

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 12:19 PM
And the same goes for women.
It's not only men who don't respect women, it's women too.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 11:41 AM
Only cowards run away.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 11:34 AM
Men will never respect feminists if they don't respect women in the first place.

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 09:52 AM

I personally think Americans, British etc are very violent that is why they scream shout a lot and get grumpy as well. This is because the violence behavior they have or because of frustration from the violence they are getting from others. So this eventually make them violent person. Specially the concept of getting single again and again and again make them violent. It is possible i am wrong but i think this is basic reason for people becoming violent.

Yes,.. us Americans & Brits should take your advice,maybe move to your lovely peaceful country.. Pakistan

Isn't that the rapist capital of the world? I had a crazy stalker from Paki who didn't understand the meaning of "No" and "Not interested". I already told the details of this horrible experience before on another thread.

There's no need to compete guys, every country has their fair share of violence against women.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25