Community > Posts By > Estelle79

no photo
Sun 05/03/15 09:48 AM

Profile of a Domestic Abuser

The first thing to know about any abuser is that he is a normal man. There is nothing unusual about him, nothing to indicate he is an abuser.

Every abuser believes he has a right to control a woman. Their need to control is far greater than his capacity for love of the woman or the children.

Abusers don't forget about their abuse, they just deny it.

Abusers minimize the impact and effect of their abuse. They make it less than it is which makes us feel that we are over reacting.

Abusers blame their partner for their abuse. They may blame alcohol, drugs, their parents, their job anything but themselves to justify their behavior.

Abusers tend to associate with other abusive men. They invite support for their abuse from other people.

-taken from Leavingabuse.com

This explains why my father and the father of my child get along so well.

no photo
Tue 04/28/15 02:24 PM
Right and wrong don't belong to anybody? What a strange question.

no photo
Tue 04/28/15 01:43 PM
I don't believe in religion but I do have a very strong feeling about right and wrong, it's almost like I am God. Strange. Just kidding. But I do have that feeling..

no photo
Tue 04/28/15 01:36 PM
That would never happen, any woman who would date you would first discuss her hourly rates.

no photo
Tue 04/28/15 12:59 PM
Nice to see once in a while good minds that think alike.

no photo
Tue 04/28/15 12:28 PM
You know sexism is engrained in society when even women think feminism is bad.

no photo
Tue 04/28/15 12:18 PM
Feminism = women's rights = human rights = no to abuse
We wouldn't need feminism if there weren't abuse going on.
For example women were not allowed to vote, this is a human right and their rights were being abused, so now women have the right to vote thanks to feminists. You should be a feminist if you believe in rights for women.

no photo
Tue 04/28/15 11:46 AM
Feminism means against abuse, so everyone should become a feminist.

no photo
Tue 04/28/15 11:06 AM
The wrong person? Be careful they are everywhere.

no photo
Tue 04/28/15 10:50 AM
How about the man gives birth, breastfeeds, cooks cleans, takes care of the baby? Staying home is not enough for a man to take my place. It's easier to go out and work, I know I've done it all, I'm only saying a man should do something for his child and the mother of his child. While I take care of all unpaid work he should get paid work, it's not rocket science to see it's more than fair for him.

no photo
Tue 04/28/15 08:09 AM

Being a mom is an occupation. You are very disrespectful about that, maybe if you have a child one day you will understand how much work it is compared to your career. Whatever other jobs I do, I don't call it my occupation because for me being a mom is more important than any other job I've ever done or will ever do.
even if I had children estelle it would change nothing . I have never viewed men as a source of money . You need to show men the respect they deserve :-)

I think you should avoid having children. Also, there is nothing disrespectful with viewing a man as the main provider when there are children. Your views are skewed not mine.

Estelle, again I beg to disagree with you.... you seem to have a really warped (or skewed) outlook on what makes a wife and/or mother.

No, I don't.

Being a full time or part time mother is not an occupation. It is a commitment.

Mingle2 asks for an 'occupation' so I filled it in as honestly as I could (not so some jerks could insult me), it's not my preferred word for being a mother, but complain to Mingle2 not me.
And you're wrong, motherhood is definitely an occupation, most often it is overtime work.

An occupation is where you are paid to do a job, and for that, you would have to have been a 'surrogate mother' to have your baby, and then have that baby taken away from you, because you would have been commissioned to do just that....bear that child.

Fine. I will educate you about the definition of the word occupation (also hope 'Blondie' reads this...by the way she is actually a brunette why don't you pick on her for misrepresenting her hair color?) Here is the definition for you: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/occupation
Notice 'stay-at-home mom' is used as an example of an occupation.

When you have a child, whether it is within or without a marriage, you made a commitment to that child that you bore to provide, care and protect him/her as your offspring.

The father (you forgot about him) also has a commitment to the child, in most cases this means he does most if not all of the providing. This is especially true when the children are very young as in my case.

As a mother by nature....it should come instinctively, without ulterior motives.... a mother will go thru' a lot just to do that, without looking for gains.

Again. Read above. This is not about looking for gains and ulterior motives, it's about the father of the child being held accountable by the mother of the child which I instinctively protect.

When the man/husband/partner/absent father fails to provide for whatever reasons, a mother will find her own ways to provide without complains.....without whining, without looking for praises/rewards, because she is the mother.

The man can fail to provide but the woman can't complain, that is very double standard of you to say. Thanks.

no photo
Tue 04/28/15 05:24 AM

Being a mother is no longer an excuse not to work . Sure perhaps when the child is young I can understand the desire to stay home but once they reach school age there is nothing stopping mums from working . .. Even if it is part-time . Perhaps when you start earning your own money estelle you will understand the value of what men do for the family and appreciate those efforts :-)

Why do you think you know if I work, worked or will work?
because you live in turkey lmao .. you have a young child .. And you have old fashioned views of marriage . Do you work . Have you ever worked pitchfork

Because women in Turkey don't work?

http://www.wunrn.com/news/2015/02_15/02_16/021615_turkey.htm]http://www.wunrn.com/news/2015/02_15/02_16/021615_turkey.htm
Growing local outrage

The measures have sparked outrage in the country, with women organizations, labour unions and employer associations denouncing the package.

Women organizations claim the goal behind the campaign is to keep women at home, remove them from economic and social life and allow them just to bear children, charged Zülfikar Doğan, a commentator on Al Monitor.

Everywhere you go in Turkey women work, banks, grocery stores, government offices, policemen, teachers, lawyers, prime ministers even, so go do some more research.
I am not interested in everyone else as I am sure they so not necessarily share your opinion about money . I am interested in you . Your profile says under occupation that you are a mother .. So estelle are you a stay at home mum or do you have employment outside the home for which you pay taxes .

That wasn't a reply to your quote if you read it, it was a reply to someone else.

Being a mom is an occupation. You are very disrespectful about that, maybe if you have a child one day you will understand how much work it is compared to your career. Whatever other jobs I do, I don't call it my occupation because for me being a mom is more important than any other job I've ever done or will ever do.
even if I had children estelle it would change nothing . I have never viewed men as a source of money . You need to show men the respect they deserve :-)

I think you should avoid having children. Also, there is nothing disrespectful with viewing a man as the main provider when there are children. Your views are skewed not mine.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 10:49 PM

in the course of reading through now over 7 pages of this, one question enters my brain.
if a person proclaims to be the sole provider, housekeeper, nurturing single parent to a toddler, without any help whatsoever in cleaning, cooking and caring for the child;
where in the world does one find the time it takes to post a topic, quote others for rebuttals, cite sources.. questionable though they are, but sources nonetheless?

Rock, my respects...
it takes a big man to say there is a grain of truth to one of the sources. drinker

Well, I don't sleep much.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 10:44 PM

Being a mother is no longer an excuse not to work . Sure perhaps when the child is young I can understand the desire to stay home but once they reach school age there is nothing stopping mums from working . .. Even if it is part-time . Perhaps when you start earning your own money estelle you will understand the value of what men do for the family and appreciate those efforts :-)

because you live in turkey lmao .. you have a young child .. And you have old fashioned views of marriage . Do you work . Have you ever worked pitchfork

http://www.wunrn.com/news/2015/02_15/02_16/021615_turkey.htm]http://www.wunrn.com/news/2015/02_15/02_16/021615_turkey.htm
Growing local outrage

The measures have sparked outrage in the country, with women organizations, labour unions and employer associations denouncing the package.

Women organizations claim the goal behind the campaign is to keep women at home, remove them from economic and social life and allow them just to bear children, charged Zülfikar Doğan, a commentator on Al Monitor.

Everywhere you go in Turkey women work, banks, grocery stores, government offices, policemen, teachers, lawyers, prime ministers even, so go do some more research.
I am not interested in everyone else as I am sure they so not necessarily share your opinion about money . I am interested in you . Your profile says under occupation that you are a mother .. So estelle are you a stay at home mum or do you have employment outside the home for which you pay taxes .

That wasn't a reply to your quote if you read it, it was a reply to someone else.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 04:32 PM

Growing local outrage

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 04:24 PM

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 04:10 PM

well apparently one of them did with you..lol.. I'm just kidding... seriously.
..drinker

He's actually asleep in his room, he is still around. Apparently he just got a job at a shipyard 4 days a month.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 04:08 PM

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 04:07 PM

yes something that will match what you contribute.. or at least come close..... most definitely pat yourself on the back.. you seem like a good mom.. and you where probably a very good wife...flowerforyou

I skipped being a wife and became a mom because it's more probable I would be a good mom than a good wife, because babies are all good but men, you never know most of them. As they say men will come and go.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 04:00 PM

oh don't get me started..lol..
.. if your partner stays at home ..when you work.. then you should give them an allowance.. a monthly allotment..
to do with what they choose...

I believe that is financial abuse. The wife should get the check.
Why is that? Financial abuse? What on Earth are you taking about? ha ha ha! If you asked my missus how much I gave her each month, to run our house, it would probably last you a year Estelle? It's a lot, believe me, but worth it!

Well that is great for you and your wife, but most of the world lives paycheck to paycheck.
Oh don't get me wrong? I've had to live on a paycheque before I started up my own company and I had to pay a mortgage and raise my oldest boy on it also! I also worked lot of overtime so my oldest boy wanted for nothing he needed! I'm lucky these days that finally I'm reaping the rewards of all my hard work and can buy things for my family that would've been out of my reach, say about10 years ago!

That is good and in that case I don't think you should hand over your paycheck, you already give more than most people's paychecks I got that..it's more about giving your wife what she needs to run a household and if that means handing over your whole paycheck then a good husband would, and a good wife would be careful with it.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25