Community > Posts By > Estelle79

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 03:56 PM

... do they have any.. government secured saving bonds..?..
.. but yes money put away in savings..
. no longer exist.. consider it gone..
. never to be used.. for everyday usages..oui... your daughter will thank you.. and it is the right step... in the right direction.... anything is better than nothing...drinker :thumbsup:

I'm a US citizen..there is a 529 plan to save for college for US citizens. That may be my best option.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 03:48 PM

Why should a woman get the qhole pay check? I don't know about anyone else but I was raised that a marriage is a partnership. Even the law in Texas says so...community property

Hello McFly

Community property means the husband shouldn't give the wife an allowance. Whoever does the bill paying and shopping (most women tend to do the spending) that is the logical person to give it to. It could be in a joint bank account where both have access but the wife is the one who spends it obviously.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 03:43 PM

oh don't get me started..lol..
.. if your partner stays at home ..when you work.. then you should give them an allowance.. a monthly allotment..
to do with what they choose...

I believe that is financial abuse. The wife should get the check.
Why is that? Financial abuse? What on Earth are you taking about? ha ha ha! If you asked my missus how much I gave her each month, to run our house, it would probably last you a year Estelle? It's a lot, believe me, but worth it!

Well that is great for you and your wife, but most of the world lives paycheck to paycheck.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 03:39 PM

a savings account..slaphead ..
no offence and nothing for nothing..
but a savings account is not a very good investment.. minimal return..
.. sure low risk.. but very very slowoops growth... you should look into something that has.. did you say Turkey...ohhh.. nevermind then..lol

That's just temporary, it's not a lot of money anyway.. but you'd be surprised at how much interest rates are in Turkey compared to Canada or the US. My daughter will take 20 years or so to grow up, there is time for changes. But, I will never spend her money and I'm thinking ahead, that's the point.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 03:23 PM

Ohh.. well first off she did do that..lol..
bills were always paid..
food was always in the cupboard..
.. because of her.. and me of course..lol
. we wanted for nothing....

. it was just when it came to... what should have been in the nest egg savings investments.... that's where things went a little screwy...lol...

.. chalk it up to bad investments...
.. money corrupts all..oui.. perhaps not all.. but most..lol

Well not all women are dumb. I think of the future. About a year ago, I opened a savings account that earns a good interest rate (in Turkey good interest rates still exist), and it's for my daughter's college fund. And of course I'm pretty much broke, but I would never touch that money no matter what because that is how she will make it one day even if I didn't, she still has time. See, not all women are selfish shallow and greedy.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 03:12 PM

.. if your partner stays at home ..when you work.. then you should give them an allowance.. a monthly allotment..

.. well the wife does get the check..oui.... consider the allowance your paycheck then..... or do you want me to take taxes off of you...lol

No the wife should get the whole check. Then she should spend it according to what the whole family needs, not like your wife did. If the wife does that, why be with her?

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 03:07 PM

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 02:49 PM

Estelle I hope your husband insists you get a job while he stays home .. I am sure you will be happy to give him all your money and provide for him ... Right :-)

If I were a man I would hand over my paycheck to my wife but since I'm not into role reversal and I'm not a man, it's my gender identity you're asking me to change. That is a whole other question.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 01:20 PM
I thought men liked a challenge.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 12:59 PM
Everyone is smart they just define it differently.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 09:48 AM
All women are beautiful.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 08:43 AM
This is true, but it should be handled by the woman so it's fair. If she is not fair then he can divorce her anyway.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 08:39 AM
Women should be given a percentage of her husbands earnings each paycheck that comes in, and that percent is equal to the paycheck amount. She should be in charge of how it get's spent giving him an allowance to go to work, this way it's fair.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 08:36 AM
We agree there are other options. I'm not going to let my daughter do those things. Non violence does not mean non parenting, I sort of think it means only parenting without violence. Non parenting, non violent parents are neglectful, this is a form of abuse as well. I don't believe in abusing children willfully or not. You have to take into account society. My daughter will grow up in a society that doesn't do drugs, doesn't use women as sex toys and doesn't disrespect authority. So, the 15 year old girl you mentioned probably just saw what was going on around her in society and had permissive parents or they could do nothing about it anyway.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 08:22 AM

if a woman is smart she would know that all the decisions about family should be in the hands of her man, earning money, financial stability is the man job. Running home and taking care of kids is the responsibility of a woman.

If she believes in that, then she is smart. So there is no need to get intimidated by such a smart woman, rather she is the best help and support ever any good believer man can dream.

And if she believes whatever she does whatever she wanna do that is a smartness including disobeying the good noble believer husband then she ain't no smart at all rather she is even disobedient to God even.

And when i say believer it means a person who believes in 1 true God and submit himself/herself to Him alone and the way He made up things. And No Jesus or Moses (peace be upon them) are not at all God rather they are messengers of God.

I did all that, but he didn't want to work and he didn't want me to do the responsibilities you said women should do, he wanted me to go make money. So, it's not true that a man can be left responsible for the things you said he should be responsible for and if the woman is good, he will behave like you said. That is not true. Maybe your God doesn't exist.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 07:31 AM
Here is one source:

http://www.womenintheancientworld.com/dowry%20and%20bride%20price.htm

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 07:19 AM

The thing with spanking kids is, it gets quick results but not very good results in the long term. Love, patience, understanding and communication are the best ways for kids to learn how to behave in the long term. That's why I say, if you spank your kid because at that moment you saw no other way, you should see it as a mistake and learn from it, learn to think of any ways to avoid violence. What if your kid is about to do something that will hurt themselves and your only means to stop it is to shout at them so they will pause in time for you to take them out of danger. These instances can actually result in lifelong mental trauma for the child. Even though we don't mean to traumatize our kids, they are sensitive and can pick up anxiety and depression at an early age, which is hard to get rid of. Children benefit from being challenged to their own ability, pushing them too far or too fast will harm them. So, it's why I say trauma happens growing up anyway, so let's not try to inflict more. And physical punishment is not something for anyone to get used to ever, it is a conditioning that no one needs.

maybe come respond to this topic when you can prove your methods work in the long term, your child is young, come respond when they are grown and well-adjusted until then all you have is a theory

Many parents have successfully practiced this theory already. I'm not the first parent to use a non violent technique.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 07:13 AM
Yes because she's too honest lol.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 07:10 AM
The truth is not popular.

no photo
Mon 04/27/15 06:56 AM

You've got to be kidding me. In most of the world the man provides and always has. Now the tables are turned and they don't want to do any chores. In every religion you will find the tradition was for the man to pay the bride or her family, because it is the man who provides and the bride's family who has lost some valuable domestic help. Now everywhere women are paying for marriage, and yet everywhere men don't want to do any chores. This is sad for women, even men are losing this way and don't know it I guess.

No you are wrong. Historically the women's family paid the man. The man was the person having to take care of his new bride. This was a financial burden for the man and a financial relief for the women's family. When a man got old enough he left home. A women never left until she was married. Thus the women's family would give the man a lump sum to take their daughter and be responsible for her. This is called a dowry.

Babylon, Greece, Roman Empire, India, China, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, all have a history of dowry payments. One big reason was women didn't inherit anything back then. This was a way for them to give to their daughter and her family.

In primitive times the woman would leave her home to marry a man, there would be a bride price which he would pay to her family for their loss of labor. That is the earliest type of exchange. Later on when men created domestic violence the dowry was invented as a retaliation against all the women who would laugh at men for having small penises. It was their way of making up for what they lacked and proving themselves to be worthy of the women regardless of penis size. It's in the Bible.

small penises:laughing:
Estelle! You made my day. rofl

Yeah I made it up, but it's got to have something to do with this mess.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25