Community > Posts By > seamac

seamac's photo
Sun 03/13/11 04:16 PM
Also if a very long post has pages and pages of responses that says to me that the length was necessary and it got peoples attention, sometimes anyway...

seamac's photo
Sun 03/13/11 04:12 PM
Edited by seamac on Sun 03/13/11 04:15 PM

lately i have seen posts on here get longer and longer.

does anyone read long posts all the way through? i tend to skim them till my eyes glaze over.

i think if you want someone to read your post, keep it short and to the point.

it depends upon if its long because of quoting or if its long because of ONE person posting a book of opinion and information

it also depends upon how well the grammar is and what the spacing is like.

see, I tend to need breaks in between to help me SEE more clearly as opposed to words all run together one after another for half a page,,,lol

but basically, no, I dont read those ultra long posts, I basically just skim maybe a sentence or two of each paragraph

offtopic My posts appear in the thread more cramped then when I am typing them, is there a way to adjust this? Thanks!

Like others have said I read a long post if the topic is of interest to me and/or I know the person posting. Often I either skim them or skip them.

seamac's photo
Sun 03/13/11 04:06 PM
Looks like a great time and great people! Texas and Maine are just to dang far apart! Looks like early spring too, it is in the air here but we aren't out of the woods yet. Not unheard of to have snow in late April or even May. huh

Anyway so glad you all had such a fun, fun time and thanks for sharing the pictures with us!!

seamac's photo
Sun 03/13/11 12:45 PM
I like to keep the peace and avoid tension so have let things go that I should have reacted to but I can and surly have rocked and tipped over some boats in my time!

seamac's photo
Fri 03/11/11 03:30 PM

wow. i hope this is a hypothetical. sad to hear a family so torn apart and i hope that someone here can offer encouraging advice. flowerforyou

^this...I can't imagine my family saying anything of the sort you mentioned!

Unfortunately, it is not hypothetical. Honestly, when you hear it from the big brother you always felt closest to, you wish you didn't exist because then it wouldn't be real.

Things is my condition is viral, makes me tired, the drugs drain me constantly, and flare ups are periodic and unpredictable. Each time I am in a hospital for up to 5 days at a time. The doctors say I can look forward to this roughly 6 times a year.

I can do temp work, but no one is going to hire permanent someone who can't give notice when they have to rush to the hospital at random times and then miss over a month's time each year.

I don't know what to do.

I am so sorry that you are in this sad and difficult situation. The thing is the first question when applying for SSD (social security disability) is "when did you become unable to work" so if you are working you can't get it. I suggest your local department of Health and Human Services and a good lawyer. It is not impossible to get SSD on the first try but almost and a attorney who specializes in SS is your best bet.

I wish you all the best and hope you find the help and answers you need. flowerforyou

seamac's photo
Fri 03/11/11 03:24 PM
Personally I come here for the forums. I believe in "chat globally, date locally".

Keep posting and don't forget to go back and contribute to a post you started...420 comes to mind...

seamac's photo
Fri 03/11/11 03:05 PM
The good hygiene and how nice they are to the neighbors. Everyone loves how polite and helpful they are!

seamac's photo
Fri 03/11/11 03:01 PM
This is so funny, a very few minutes ago in another thread I learned what 420 means...

As already suggested, post often, best way to get known and let others get to know you. Also the forums are often just plain fun! So if you are having fun and meet someone special, great! If you are having fun and make some friends, also great. The forums are a win - win place to spend some free time!

Post often and good luck!

seamac's photo
Fri 03/11/11 02:55 PM
With so many siblings (10)it was hard to be oblivious about much but I remember when my best friend told me she had 'done it' I was just grossed out! Freaked out even. How could you? Why would you?

A few years later I figured it all out and many years later found a man who had FINALLY figured it all out!! rofl

seamac's photo
Fri 03/11/11 02:50 PM

tanks...

From me too, I was clueless!

I guess you can learn something new everyday!! flowerforyou

seamac's photo
Fri 03/11/11 02:47 PM
I have lived alone for over five years now and can't picture any other way, especially in my little house. I am surrounded by the things I like most, I can come and go as I please and I am never surprised by what the house looks like when I return. If I leave dishes, there they are, if I don't then there aren't any. If I save a special treat
for myself no one else eats it.

I loved being married, loved my late husband, enjoyed raising our boys and opening our home to my Nana for the last nine years of her life. Now I like my privacy, peace and quiet.

When I want together time there is usually a friend or my folks to enjoy being with.

I grew up with 10 siblings so peace and quiet were just words!!

seamac's photo
Fri 03/11/11 02:33 PM

And dont open anything U have ANY dobts about its easy to get a virus on there if U arent carefull!!!

Well try as I might I find FB very difficult to navigate, now you tell me it is easy to get a virus while I am fumbling around opening things from people I don't know because we have mutual friends of a trusted friend suggested them....I think I am out of there. Anyone know how to deactivate on FB?? I may just stay so I can see pics of my son...

seamac's photo
Thu 03/10/11 05:18 PM
Why are jeans and/or undies each called a pair?

seamac's photo
Thu 03/10/11 05:15 PM
People who know everything about everything! I had a sister in law who would steal the words you just said and claim the idea, info...as her own knowledge. Drove me nuts.

seamac's photo
Tue 03/08/11 04:00 PM

Salt,,, I had your popcorn with butter at the movies and it almost made me sick,, so just plain old salty popcorn.:wink:

You mean you had our popcorn with BUTTER SUBSTITUTE! you cannot get REAL popcorn at a movie theater. Magic Mountain has the REAL buttered popcorn! That is an Amusement park here! Knotts Berry Farm here also does the real thing.

Caramel popcorn with peanuts AND pecans!:banana:

drool

But there is always this...

drool Oh God!drool

I love Poppycock! When I make it at home, butter and salt, I rarely eat it though, maybe once every few years if that.

seamac's photo
Tue 03/08/11 03:56 PM
Pet peeves, people who drink from the carton and people who finish the milk or whatever and put the container back in the fridge. People who floss while walking around the house, I had a house mate years ago who flossed like that and it was just gross, little pieces of gunk flying...People who text while driving, actually lots of ways cell phones are used peeve me off.

Right now my biggest one is Saturdays 8 hour orientation for my new job (yea for new job!!) In a town I don't know at all, well over an hour away. Planing on staying in a hotel which I can not afford but also not safe to drive that distance in the dark. Anyone who has been to an orientation like this knows what a long day it is going to be!

seamac's photo
Sat 03/05/11 06:19 PM

I dream and I do. Seams totally possible to me to embrace both.

that's a good point....

Thank you. flowerforyou

ur so welcome! I really admire u

When I next get to Maine u , me, and my sister are havin a girl's night!!!!

(and she's a wild one):wink:

Sounds great to me!! Be in touch when you know your plans, we will have a blast!

seamac's photo
Fri 03/04/11 05:04 PM

that's a good point....

Thank you. flowerforyou

seamac's photo
Fri 03/04/11 04:28 PM
I had a dream this morning just as I was waking up of my late husband disappearing around a corner as he passed through a doorway. I tried to go back to sleep in hopes of picking up the dream...no luck. I have often wondered why I don't get to visit him in my dreams.

seamac's photo
Fri 03/04/11 04:18 PM

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25