Community > Posts By > seamac

seamac's photo
Sat 02/12/11 04:53 PM
We had enough melt and then freeze to turn all the side streets to skating lanes. Melting also took our general base snow down to about 3 feet. Up to 6 new inches of the white stuff expected tonight and tomorrow. Yea the east coast is cold and white, won't see 80's till maybe late June!!!

seamac's photo
Fri 02/11/11 05:23 PM

Wait a minute!
I thought it was impolite to NOT make
a move... slaphead

Where does it say, don't make a move?
Just don't make the first one :-)

If I make the first move and he doesn't respond, not good.

If he makes the first move and I don't respond, not good.

Someone at some point has to act on their feelings and it is often a risky business...dating can be very tricky.

As I recall....

seamac's photo
Fri 02/11/11 05:20 PM

Exactly Water. And conversation, we like to talk.

Conversation?????
I have to buy you dinner AND talk to you too???

Oh man life sucks! It is just to hard, really, really to hard!!!

Dates are better as fruit. laugh laugh drinker

seamac's photo
Fri 02/11/11 03:29 PM

Yeah it sucked last year - and is gonna
suck this year...

Awww, don't let it suck. Treat yourself, treat a friend. It is 24 hours during which something unexpected might happen. Maybe even something awesome. Just because you aren't going to get a big heart shaped box full of fattening and usually inferior quality chocolate doesn't mean it can't be a day to enjoy...in fact skipping the chocolate may be a good thing! LOL flowerforyou

seamac's photo
Fri 02/11/11 03:15 PM
I went out with my parents and a girlfriend last evening, was that a date??

seamac's photo
Fri 02/11/11 03:12 PM
Maybe you should just ask her about the money and what her plans are to pay you back. Go from there.

I have an ex friend (and not because of the money) who owes me a significant amount of money that I will never see unless I sue him. He doesn't have it so I haven't pursued it. Yet...

"Never a lender nor a borrower be" Nice idea, probably a good idea but sometimes hard to live by.

seamac's photo
Fri 02/11/11 03:00 PM
I had to mail my son his 30 birthday gifts (29th and 31st too) What ever you do will beat the stuffing out of that!!

Have you asked him what he would like to do or is this going to be a surprise?

seamac's photo
Fri 02/11/11 02:56 PM
Date? What is this date you speak of?

I think a date is a fruit.

seamac's photo
Thu 02/10/11 06:56 PM
Ask me anything, I will look you in the eye and tell you whatever you want to hear! whoa

seamac's photo
Thu 02/10/11 06:49 PM
My parents, my son, other family in varying degrees and always my friends.

Finding a job!!!

seamac's photo
Thu 02/10/11 06:47 PM

noo dont say that i actuly some what wanted it to be a adolescent phase made it easyier to understand :P

Happy birthday on Monday!

Part of what you are going through may well be age related, 20 is still so very young but your not a teenager anymore...it is a growing time and perhaps a time for some change, certainly a time for reflection on your life so far. Being young and having so much to figure out can be very difficult and may cause you to feel isolated. I for one would not go back to being 20.

You have so much wonder ahead of you. Reflect, think, be open to growth and change and try to see the adventure that life is.

seamac's photo
Thu 02/10/11 06:30 PM

you sound like youve had it ruff :(
but its intresting to know that its not just me that gets those thoughts like helplessness and feelign allmost depresed you dont know what to do with yourself and it doesnt help that ur completly wrecked so tired and it feels like youve been hit by a bus..
iam lucky in some sence iam under the " royal brompton hospital" in london its the best hospital for allergies in the UK.
another question for you :P .. i have to take constant meds . do you ?@ seamac

No I don't take meds, in fact for me the trick is to avoid those two meds at all cost. My nearly fatal penicillin episode was when I was about 30, 24 years ago, as long as I or someone with me can talk I am ok because everyone who knows me knows to tell a Dr. or nurse NO penicillin!!

You have it much worse than I do. I know what to avoid and there are alternatives for both if I should need them. You have to be aware most all of the time from the sounds of it. Just being in a room with a coconut product is dangerous for you!

It is, I think very normal for you to feel helpless etc but I do hope that if this is an ongoing problem for you that you seek professional help. I truly hope that there are other areas of your life that give you joy and then the parts that are just normal everyday days!

seamac's photo
Thu 02/10/11 06:19 PM
If I thought about it I could probably come up with horror stories for every holiday, the big ones and the small ones. Dad used to drink, I remember more than one fully decorated tree fling across the living room. I lived with a guy who used July 4th as an excuse to drink peppermint shnopes all day and make huge scenes at the fireworks in front of all our friends and a million strangers. Not much smells worse than peppermint shnopes when it comes back up!!

I prefer to think about the wonderful holidays, there have been so many over my lifetime and I am sure that as long as I live there will be many more. My son's first Christmas and all of the Christmases of his childhood. My first Valentines day as a bride, we had no money but I spent hours cutting out red and pink hearts and taped them all over the house. Valentine's day during my junior year of high school when I kissed all the senior boys I thought were hunks and wished them "happy VD"!! (thought I was soooo cool) LOL

No Valentine for me this year...maybe the next.

seamac's photo
Thu 02/10/11 06:02 PM

haha thanks :) mind if i ask what actuly happens to you when you take penicillin .. i mean i presume its similar your lips swell then tounge then face then body .. then your arms go purple .. then you wake up in a hospital bed ? or is it diffrent from you ?

This about sums it up except I didn't get purple arms, I had my whole body covered in huge welts, but the rest is about it! I have been told by more than one medical professional that given my last reaction that even if I were already in a hospital when given penicillin the chance of my surviving would be almost nothing. This includes of course any derivative of penicillin too. Codeine will land me in the hospital too but so far it isn't as deadly as penicillin, terrible anxiety attacks and a feeling of being totally out of control to the point of suicidal thoughts, hyperventilate.... Not fun!! I didn't discover my codeine allergy until the evening of the day I had major sinus surgery which is also known to cause anxiety attacks, what a terrible night that was, landed in the ER about 3am...

seamac's photo
Thu 02/10/11 05:50 PM
There was no spark on my part the evening I met the man who became my husband. Humor and lively conversation but no sparks for me. That changed and continued to grow over all the years we were together. So for me, chemistry can grow, it doesn't have to be there from first sight to end up being an important part of a relationship.

seamac's photo
Thu 02/10/11 05:44 PM
It sounds like in some ways you have a difficult life, at least that you have to be very careful. I am deathly to penicillin and can't take codeine either. I know many people with very dangerous allergic reactions, it is never good but you sound like you have a bad time of it! Coconut is in so many products! I wish you all the best and a month (at least) of no trips to the hospital.

seamac's photo
Wed 02/09/11 04:44 PM
Not a direct answer but I have always believed in and hope to see someday...not that I expect to see it but...

"From each according to their ability, to each according to their need"

seamac's photo
Tue 02/08/11 04:30 PM
Edited by seamac on Tue 02/08/11 04:31 PM

Why are all of your topics complaints?

Because he's TwoChoosey. laugh

seamac's photo
Tue 02/08/11 04:03 PM
I live near my folks who have places to be five mornings a week, they check to see if my back curtains are open when they drive by. In other words to see if am I alive. Come to find out my front across the street neighbor notices when my front curtains get opened!! I suppose it is nice that people are paying attention since I live alone and bad things do happen to good people but I have come to think of my curtains as 'signals'.

What I really hate is the dogs that are allowed to bark VERY early in the mornings. Down the block there are six little yappers, two doors over is a black lab. Very different barks but all enough to wake the dead! I find this rude and ignorant on the owners part. Seriously letting your dog(s) bark for an hour or more before dawn!! Can anyone dial 911? I haven't yet but the thought crosses my mind....

seamac's photo
Tue 02/08/11 03:26 PM

My nephew had a fear of falling out of bed when he moved up to a 'big boy bed'. So he always said good night ...."night, don't fall off the edge!!!"

He's soon to be 20 and we still say goodnight this way flowerforyou

This is so sweet and sounds like the beginning of family tradition, he'll say good night this way to his kids and then they to theirs...Love this!