Community > Posts By > seamac

seamac's photo
Mon 02/07/11 03:13 PM

Its not that all the people that are on mingle in my area haven't been on mingle in over months

So far I know of two people on Miingle2 that live in my whole state! Doesn't stop me from having a great time here with my forum friends. You get back what you give, maybe put less energy into complaining that you didn't find instant love and more energy into posting and getting known. JMO

seamac's photo
Mon 02/07/11 03:05 PM

Obviously you don't hit many strip joints....no cover charge for ladies accompanied by a dude and free keg beer. Since I have permanent VIP status (I am not kidding...the club owner is my lawyer and handles all my art transactions)

The strip club jaunt is free....we just gotta sell some plasma for stripper tippin money!

You are correct, I think I have been to a strip club once in my life! Sad I know, that's why I am so excited about this trip!! Relieved about the money part, thanks for setting me straight! My mom slipped me a $50 when she signed my permission slip, guess that and plasma sales should be enough!

seamac's photo
Mon 02/07/11 02:57 PM
Nice going Krupa! I always knew you were a big softie!! I feel all warm and tingly!

seamac's photo
Sat 02/05/11 03:10 PM

My workday is finished and I can't go anywhere because of the weather. I think I'm going to spend some time in the backyard throwing snowballs at my dog (she loves it). The question is: what other ideas do people have for a day like today?

Cheers.

With so many days like this it does get challenging! Play on Mingle off and on...Make soup, make order out of one closet or drawer, call an old friend or a new one...Read a great book, watch an old classic movie, take up a new hobby (buy the supplies the next decent day so you'll have them for the next 'stay at home day'. Turn up your favorite music and dance! Bet your dog will love that too!

seamac's photo
Sat 02/05/11 03:01 PM

we are still recovering from the repeat version of CHICAGO BLIZZARD OF 1967... it feels like ZOMBIELAND this time of the year... we are gonna be experiencing the DEEP FREEZE and more snow next week...we cant even walk on the sidewalk but walk in the road as the sidewalks are all messed up with mountains of snow....praying we dont get run over....

You be careful out there! I was taking a walk yesterday and ran out of shoveled sidewalk, kind of tuned to step into the road and missed being side swiped by a van going way to fast by literally a hands width. If I hadn't had very good footing (which was miraculous given our conditions) I would have gotten hit. I will stay on the side streets for my walks until this mess thaws...feels like IF it thaws!

seamac's photo
Sat 02/05/11 02:43 PM

We have already gone through the horrible mess with the ice and our roads were finally becoming passable....and today...1 to 3 inches of snow are expected...and I think we already have 3...still coming down. We are expected to get 1-2 tomorrow and 1-2 on Monday...we have snow expected 6 out of the next 7 days!!!!!!!!! I think Spring has left the building and is never coming back....can everyone say....CABIN FEVER?????????????????frustrated frustrated frustrated

You will just have to..import some fun :-)

It is getting a little hard to believe we will see spring again here too! Tonight's snow started slowly about an hour ago but is coming down in earnest now.

seamac's photo
Sat 02/05/11 02:39 PM
Edited by seamac on Sat 02/05/11 02:39 PM

Onward Kids...someone hold Newarks hand....We don't need that reprobate getting us kicked out again!

Now...let's go see my girl.....

I swear this female giraffe is gonna eat my hair if she ever gets the chance....She acts like a love struck teenager EVERY time I see her...she follows me....

My absolutely favourite animal in the Uni-Verse!...I want a giraffe, but of coarse am not allowed...so am planning on a mini fluffy cousin of the giraffe...a Llama named Dalai!..

thanks Krups...that was worth $7..flowers

$7.00!!! Ok but how much for the pregnant strippers trip?? I am still unemployed!!! I wanna go, who's going spring for me??

seamac's photo
Sat 02/05/11 02:25 PM

The mingle guy who takes them used to work at the DMV.

Why are they always so terrible?? I mean even when I was young and wrinkle free those DMV pics always suck!!

seamac's photo
Sat 02/05/11 02:23 PM

Wanna go for a ride in my van?

I've got some candy. indifferent
SORRY babe I don't eat CANDY :tongue: laugh

Really isn't protein the 'in' food now? How about a nice turkey roll up and some nuts? whoa

seamac's photo
Sat 02/05/11 02:19 PM

Too bad it wasn't a doughnut. noway

laugh laugh laugh

seamac's photo
Sat 02/05/11 02:17 PM

Free prostitutes?...I may just be splitting hairs here but, technically, that would make them sluts.

What's in a name if you get free sex! rofl rofl rofl slaphead

seamac's photo
Sat 02/05/11 02:13 PM
Me too, both.

seamac's photo
Sat 02/05/11 02:12 PM
They are predicting another 9 inches here overnight. All my doors open out and I don't like the idea of staying up all night keeping one cleared...thank goodness for neighbors who's doors open in! And for neighbors with plow trucks! I seriously could not have moved snow as much as 3 feet deep alone. This is the first time I can remember snow so deep that I can't push through it. My back yard is out of commission till probably June, I have a 7 foot drift across most of my back yard! An even higher plow pile in the front yard, if we get anywhere near what they are calling for, tomorrow after my neighbor plows the pile will obviously be even bigger. I just realized today that access to my fuel tanks if completely blocked by heavy plowed snow! This is some crazy winter everywhere!!

seamac's photo
Fri 02/04/11 03:20 PM

We've been laughing our ***** off with all of this. Fortunately no one has had to go anywhere for work, as none of us would have anyways.

The State of Texas is insane, stupid chits with their rolling blackouts! But God forbid, not Cowboy Stadium. Screw the hospitals, not the football.

Oh, and the other hysterically funny thing is all the dumb Yanks who have been interviewed griping that they had to go out and buy warm clothes and jeans because they only packed shorts. Does no one watch the weather report?!!?! We stocked up last week on the 70degree day because the news was reporting it was going to be bad. Duh! It IS still February, and Texas does get cold!

Not like this though....this is far away from the norm.

Far from the norm here too. Inland gets this kind of snow, not often the coast. My folks have been here for 12 years and have never seen this kind of accumulation!!

seamac's photo
Fri 02/04/11 03:12 PM
I treated my unemployed self to lunch today during an almost two hour walk. The sun on the snow (mountains of snow) and on the water was just beautiful. Walking was a bit challenging at times but the huge chunks of fallen icicles reminded me that I needed to be looking up as well as down!

More snow due tomorrow but I really think we have enough!

Had to make sure my heater vent wasn't blocked, climbed a 8-9 foot plow bank to get to it. Thought to come back in via my back yard, NO way. The plow bank is pretty packed but the 6 foot drift wanted to eat me alive! Oh just to clarify, the plow bank is on my front yard, not along the road. We have to much snow to just have roads banks, they plow it right onto your yard! Now that is snow!!!

seamac's photo
Fri 02/04/11 03:05 PM

HEY EVERYONE MY NAME IS ALEX FROM MICHIGAN METRO AREA I HOPE TO FIND NEW FRIENDS OUT HERE

Welcome!!

Hi Alex and welcome. Keep posting in the forums and your hope might just become a reality!

seamac's photo
Fri 02/04/11 03:00 PM
I too have come to a place where I am content alone, not everyone needs a partner. I did really enjoy being flirted with by my energy audit guy last week though! Of course I flirted back but he started it!

I am not saying I wouldn't enjoy some male company and bennies now and again, just that it doesn't bother me at all at this point in my life to be alone and uncomplicated.

So if you are not inclined to look for love, that is fine for you at this time...subject to change of course.

seamac's photo
Thu 02/03/11 06:06 PM

I was married for nineteen years. If I was still married, I'd maybe be worthy of giving advice. It was blissful and wonderful at its best, but mind bending and gut wrenching at its worst.

If I ever decided to commit to it again, I'd avoid (like the plague) codependency, resentment, and complacency. I'd always and in all ways keep in mind and heart that compassionate communication is the key to empathy.

To me, marriage isn't a piece paper. It's a declaration to the world that we stand together against all comers.

Then again, what do I know eh...

Among other things it is in a big way "a declaration to the world that we stand together against all comers"

I hate it when I hear one partner making jokes at the others expense, it is not guy talk or girl talk to make belittling comments about your partner. It is derisive. I am not talking a little healthy venting to a trusted friend I am taking crude or nasty or negitive, useless comments. I have heard this done in supposed fun so often and I always want to ask is that really how you feel? If not why say it? Always treat your partner with the respect love deserves, whether they are there to hear it or not.

Yeah... I guess I know at least a few couples who don't think twice before making disparaging remarks about each other. I can't help thinking to myself that their future together is less than hopeful.
As an outsider it's so apparent sometimes. It seems a shame...

As an outsider I think it is impossible to know the inside of another relationship. We can assume things based on what we see/hear and so therefore deduce certain things and are sometimes correct but these deductions are based on our own experiences and may not hold true in the private world of the 'said' couple. My step mother was seen as a nag and worse, with some maturity it came to be that she was EXACTLY what my dad needed.

I am talking more like a young man complaining about his newly wed wife having small breasts and then comparing them to a Kiwi. Why would he say such a thing?? Ok this is just an example that sticks with me about a much larger issue. If you love someone, it seems to me that you do not belittle them to get a cheap laugh.

seamac's photo
Thu 02/03/11 05:52 PM

Try living in Alabama! This $hit is sooo weak! I swear there has to be a semi normal girl somewhere in the south. Must have teeth...........

Having teeth is at the top of my list and yes they can be dentures, just no sitting across the table gumming his food. Also a car that runs and isn't totally filled with trash, a decent job he doesn't hate (cause it gets old hearing the complaints day in and day out), his own place, clean sheets if he wants a sleep over...gosh my wish list is sadly minimal...no one from my area has stepped up so far.

Truly I don't think there are many Mainers here, at least not in the forums.

seamac's photo
Thu 02/03/11 05:29 PM

I was married for nineteen years. If I was still married, I'd maybe be worthy of giving advice. It was blissful and wonderful at its best, but mind bending and gut wrenching at its worst.

If I ever decided to commit to it again, I'd avoid (like the plague) codependency, resentment, and complacency. I'd always and in all ways keep in mind and heart that compassionate communication is the key to empathy.

To me, marriage isn't a piece paper. It's a declaration to the world that we stand together against all comers.

Then again, what do I know eh...

Among other things it is in a big way "a declaration to the world that we stand together against all comers"

I hate it when I hear one partner making jokes at the others expense, it is not guy talk or girl talk to make belittling comments about your partner. It is derisive. I am not talking a little healthy venting to a trusted friend I am taking crude or nasty or negitive, useless comments. I have heard this done in supposed fun so often and I always want to ask is that really how you feel? If not why say it? Always treat your partner with the respect love deserves, whether they are there to hear it or not.