Community > Posts By > Arcamedees

no photo
Fri 10/08/10 10:43 AM

wow whoever taught u sure did a bang up job... reading yur post makes me sick to my stomach!! i can disprove everything u said that is twisted to fit yur perception of God ... i was raised in a pentecostal home and im not living a lie

Who are you talking to anyway?

And just exactly how do you know you're not living a lie? Seriously. You've got some empirical evidence that shows your way is THE way? I'm willing to bet that even among christians, there are literally thousands of "ways" to live. Every single participant in any one "way" would also say their "way" is THE "way". That's a lot of different "ways" that are THE "way".

no photo
Fri 10/08/10 10:34 AM

Im not a religious bigot but who r u to judge anyway? If u nobody says kill homosexuals! U need 2 sit down with someone who actually understands the Bible an have them clue u in on a few misperseptions u have!

The authors of the Bible were the religious bigots.

I don't need to sit down with anyone. If you think the Bible doesn't say that homosexuals should be put to death then you're the one who needs to have Bible lessons.

Here you go:

Leviticus 20:

[7] Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.
[8] And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you.
[9] For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
[10] And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
[11] And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
[12] And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
[13] If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

According to the Bible the LORD has sanctified us to keep these statutes, and do them.

So we should be killing all the people who do the things on this list above according to the Bible. And killing homosexuals is one of the things on this list according to verse 13.

So who is it that needs to study the Bible again? huh

This is a bloody gory fable. But if you're going to worship it and support it, then do so.

Otherwise, why bother support something that you don't even agree with? spock

You do realize ur talkin bout customs that took place many yrs ago right? Ah yes u do. Okay then, death does not mean "slice em dice em hang em by their toes" it is a death of the soul it is dying away from God. U have to keep things in context.

It says God is jealous also but doesnt mean jealous like slappin other Gods around! If that were the case He coulda done that already! It means He wants all our attention cause He created us and deserves it. U people make me sick U will see when ur time comes. Then u will be sry U missed the most precious gift life could offer!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

and...ah...go speak "txt" on your phone. If YOU can't be bothered to use actual words...oh....nevermind...you're not even worth the effort...

This is from the OLD law, Jesus fulfilled the old law and gave us the new law. This no longer holds power over us. Yes it still has pretty much the same laws, the only real big difference is we aren't to judge one another anymore, Jesus has been appointed the judge of all our souls.

Jesus talked in "txt"? Who knew?
laugh

no photo
Fri 10/08/10 10:24 AM

Beats masturbating alone.

I personally haven't found that to be the case. But to each their own. drinker

And yeah, science has indeed shown that atheism should be a conclusion. Lack of proof of anything else demands it.

I totally disagree with your view on this. Lack of proof of one conclusion does not automatically demand that you conclude something else that you also lack any proof of. whoa

Where did you ever come up with that idea? I certainly hope you didn't get that from a college course! I'd ask for my money back.

Just because science doesn't specifically rule something out, is no reason to believe in a something.

Well, you seem to be going down that road of jumping to conclusions again. Where did I ever say that I actually "believe" in mysticism?

If you quit jumping to conclusions and actually read what I write you'll suddenly realize that all I have ever been saying is that, as far as I'm concerned, the concept is plausible. That's not the same as saying that I "believe" it to be true.

In fact, I have always confessed to being "agnostic" in terms of the true nature of reality. There has never been a time in my life when I believed that I actually knew what the hell is going on. bigsmile

If I ever have reason to actually "believe" that strongly about something I will be very pleased about that. The reason being that if I am actually being convinced of something you can bet your sweet bippy that I have really good reasons to come to that conclusion.

You wanna follow a philosophy, good for you. You wanna talk science, I'm there. However, since science and philosophy are mutually exclusive subjects, I'd appreciate if you'd stick to one w/i a topic.
Oh wait...it just dawned on me. You really don't understand that, do you? That explains so much.

I see no reason to discuss science with someone who thinks that they should jump to one unproven conclusion over another just because neither conclusion has been proven.

I'm sorry, but your method of drawing conclusions just makes no scientific sense to me.

At best atheism and mysticism are running neck-to-neck. (assuming you truly understand what the mystics are actually saying)

In the colorfull landscape of your mind, perhaps.

No. These are simply both unproven concepts. I personally see no more reason to conclude one over the other. Obviously you feel differently.

The only difference between us is that I respect your right to lean toward you unproven conclusion, but you'd rather make fun of me, and call me 'silly', for leaning toward the other unproven conclusion.

I think it's all a matter of respect. I respect your right to believe that atheism might be a more likely conclusion. You refuse to respect my right to believe that mysticism might be a more likely conclusion.

Neither of us knows the answer. In other words, we are both "Agnostic". (i.e. without knowledge of the true answer)

Yet I'm willing to bet that you're an "Atheist" (someone who thinks they do indeed know what the answer is).

Am I right? Or do you confess to being Agnostic too?

If your claiming to be without knowledge of the final answer, then why make fun of other people who are in the same boat as you but prefer to consider other possible answers to these questions?

I just don't see the merit in making fun of people who consider that atheism may not be the final word. It certainly hasn't been scientifically proven to be the case.

So I'm not trying to "Sell" Eastern Mysticism.

uh huh

I'm not.

If you say that you believe that atheism is more likely, I'm fine with that. But then you want to make fun of me for not agreeing with your conclusion.

All I'm saying is that I'm not buying your unproven conclusions.

That's not the same as trying to sell you mine.

All I'm seeking is to be 'respected' for considering spirituality as a possibility. And I don't think that's an outrageous request in the least.

And of course, I'm really not concerned about this on an individual basis. I'm really not concerned if "Arcamedees" respects "Abracadabra". I'm more concerned of the larger picture. I don't like to see a world where atheists belittle and make fun of people who hold out the hope or belief that there may be a spiritual essence to life.

Especially when these atheists are pretending like science supports their conclusions, which is simply not true. Our scientific knowledge of the world is not sufficient to draw any such conclusion with any degree of "certainty".

What upsets me is when people act like believing in anything other than what is provable is ok and is perfectly acceptable.
Overconfident?? Give me a break. Overconfidence is believing in crap w/o any legitimate reason to do so.

Since when did science become a religion? Since when do people need to have "proof" of what they believe in? If you can't disprove what they believe in, then who are you to say that it's absurd?

Like I say, science has not proven that there cannot be any spiritual essence to reality. It hasn't even come close to doing that. Therefore, for you to "believe" in atheism (a non-spiritual life), you are believing in something that is not 'provable'.

You fail your own criteria for what you demand should be accepted as "believable". You believe in something that's not provable!

Ok, sorry for the confrontational nature of this reponse but damn, you can piss me off sometimes...

I don't piss you off. You piss yourself off. You are in control of your emotions, not me.

I am sitting here typing this entire post in with absolutely no emotional sensations whatsoever. I'm simply addressing your thoughts as best I can. If you are becoming all emotional about that, then who's fault is that?

I can't control your emotions and I take no responsibility for how you control them.

In fact, even if you don't believe in the mystical aspects of the Eastern Mystical and practices, I would highly suggest that you try some of their meditative procedures and exercises anyway. Even as a believer in pure atheism you could still benefit from these meditations and exercises. They will help you control your emotions so that you don't piss yourself off and blame other people for having pissed you off.

I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to send you into a state of emotional turmoil. What would I have to gain from that?

I'm just trying to make a point about how science cannot be used to conclude that reality is non-spiritual anymore than it can be used to conclude the opposite.

That's all. flowerforyou

So...are you now or have you even been, a politician?
Perhaps you were a politician in a former life.laugh
You seem to have a gift for backpedaling, obfuscation, and change of premise. "I never said I believed in mysticism." Kinda like "I never had sex with that woman Monica Lewinski."

My dad, in one of his few moments of genuine intelligence, had a great saying for people like you. "If b.s. was music, you'd be a brass band."

Another great quote I think is applicable by Robin Williams, "You're more in need of a blow job that any other white man in history."

no photo
Thu 10/07/10 11:26 AM

I suggest a Netflix account, a girlfriend, and some video games. Not to mention there are more books in the world than you'll ever be able to read in a dozen lifetimes.

I girlfriend would be nice, but that's easier said than done. Unless you're suggesting a totally meaningless and unfulfilling encounter. I'm really not interested in that to be perfectly honest about it.

Beats masturbating alone. In my early 30's I put an ad in one of those find a fu** websites. Once word got out that I wasn't a wack job, and pretty good w/ my tongue, I had more women coming over than I had clean sheets. I actually had to buy several more sets of sheets because I just couldn't get to the laundry fast enough. Now THAT was a fun time in my life.
And seriously, if one is bored, THAT is a seriously good way to be entertained. I'll take a vagina in my face over hands on a keyboard any time.

As far as "always confessed to ultimately being agnostic" goes, until just recently, I don't remember you posting anything even close to that anywhere. But I could be wrong.

People often misunderstand where I'm coming from.

NO!! Say it isn't so!!:wink:

I'm far more reasonable than you might think. laugh

uh huh...laugh

The only thing I object to when it comes to "atheists" are those who hold out the idea that science supports atheism over mysticism to such an extent that anyone who even considers that mysticism might be true is clearly a moron.

So much for being reasonable...whoa slaphead

That fact is that science has not shown that atheism should be a conclusion. Nor has it ruled out the Eastern Mystical picture. On the contrary it leaves more than sufficient room for mysticism to be perfectly true.

Nor has it ruled out me having a flying, invisable, silent squirrel hovering over me where ever I go. But I think I'll wait for some sort of proof before I start believing in Rocky.
And yeah, science has indeed shown that atheism should be a conclusion. Lack of proof of anything else demands it.

I think a lot of atheist either over-estimate what science actually knows, or they simply don't understand the Eastern Mystical picture well enough to truly understand why it may very well be true.

I think a lot of believers under-estimate what science actually knows. Or they simply don't understand how science works or how it draws conclusions.

I'm not suggesting that science "points" to mysticism. I'm simply saying that it certainly hasn't come close to ruling it out. Therefore to "preach" that science supports a purely atheistic view and that any ideas of mysticism are intellectually "silly" and ungrounded, is simply wrong.

Just because science doesn't specifically rule something out, is no reason to believe in a something. Or are you starting to feel a warm fuzzy about my flying squirrel? Belief in mysticism, eastern or otherwise, IS silly and ungrounded. So far, all you've postulated about why mysticism may be true, over and over again, is because we don't know how quantum mechanics works. You have absolutely NO proof whatsoever that anything about mysticism IS actually true. Wanna come over and feed Rocky?

That picture is just not true. Science has not shown that it's "silly" to continue to consider the Eastern Mystical philosophy of life. It's simply false to claim otherwise.

You wanna follow a philosophy, good for you. You wanna talk science, I'm there. However, since science and philosophy are mutually exclusive subjects, I'd appreciate if you'd stick to one w/i a topic.
Oh wait...it just dawned on me. You really don't understand that, do you? That explains so much.

At best atheism and mysticism are running neck-to-neck. (assuming you truly understand what the mystics are actually saying)

In the colorfull landscape of your mind, perhaps.

I think a large part of the problem may have to do with the simple fact that many people simply don't truly understand the potential of the Eastern Mystical philosophies.

I think a large part of the problem is that some people don't know the difference between science and philosophy.

So I'm not trying to "Sell" Eastern Mysticism.

uh huh

All I'm seeking is to be 'respected' for continuing to consider it as a possibility.

Sure...just as soon as you come over and feed Rocky.

What upsets me is when people act like anything other than atheism is just plain stupid. From my point of view, that's just a little too-overconfident. That's basically religious fanaticism in reverse.

What upsets me is when people act like believing in anything other than what is provable is ok and is perfectly acceptable.
Overconfident?? Give me a break. Overconfidence is believing in crap w/o any legitimate reason to do so.

Ok, sorry for the confrontational nature of this reponse but damn, you can piss me off sometimes...

no photo
Thu 10/07/10 09:59 AM

Interesting what Christians grasp onto….

Interresting what morons post in hopes of starting arguments they know they cant win

Interesting what morons post in really bad english.
laugh

no photo
Thu 10/07/10 09:57 AM

its absoulutley impossible for there to be no GOD , we didnt jus spring up out of no where and ne so called theroy on a scientific level is even more absurd and blasphemy.

if God can just spring up out of nothingness then that fact alone should provide believers with the sufficient evidence that things other than God can also just spring up ...

God didn spring up outta nothin. He always was. Always. Hard 2 imagine for our human minds but that is the truth!

So, just out of curiousity, what's your primary language anyway?

no photo
Thu 10/07/10 09:54 AM

Im not a religious bigot but who r u to judge anyway? If u nobody says kill homosexuals! U need 2 sit down with someone who actually understands the Bible an have them clue u in on a few misperseptions u have!

The authors of the Bible were the religious bigots.

I don't need to sit down with anyone. If you think the Bible doesn't say that homosexuals should be put to death then you're the one who needs to have Bible lessons.

Here you go:

Leviticus 20:

[7] Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.
[8] And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you.
[9] For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
[10] And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
[11] And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
[12] And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
[13] If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

According to the Bible the LORD has sanctified us to keep these statutes, and do them.

So we should be killing all the people who do the things on this list above according to the Bible. And killing homosexuals is one of the things on this list according to verse 13.

So who is it that needs to study the Bible again? huh

This is a bloody gory fable. But if you're going to worship it and support it, then do so.

Otherwise, why bother support something that you don't even agree with? spock

You do realize ur talkin bout customs that took place many yrs ago right? Ah yes u do. Okay then, death does not mean "slice em dice em hang em by their toes" it is a death of the soul it is dying away from God. U have to keep things in context.

It says God is jealous also but doesnt mean jealous like slappin other Gods around! If that were the case He coulda done that already! It means He wants all our attention cause He created us and deserves it. U people make me sick U will see when ur time comes. Then u will be sry U missed the most precious gift life could offer!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

and...ah...go speak "txt" on your phone. If YOU can't be bothered to use actual words...oh....nevermind...you're not even worth the effort...

no photo
Thu 10/07/10 09:46 AM

Take some acid then go for a walk. You'll see all kinds of talking things, burning and otherwise. Happened to me when a "friend" slipped it into my drink, a long time ago. He thought it would be funny. Needless to say, we're not friends any more.

Personally, I think alot of the stories in the bible are based on "trips" of some kind or outright schitzoid pathology.

I've never been on an acid trip. I passed by the opportunity back in the 60's and early 70's. Now I'm kind of wishing I could experience that before I die. Just to see what it's like.

Unless you like being completely unsure of what is real, for a while, I don't recommend it. Then there was the auditory flashbacks that haunted me for about 6 months afterward. Those were all so fun too. I was 16. Just started driving and I kept hearing sirens behind me. I was working at a grocery store and I kept hearing people screaming, softly, over the intercom. Fun times.

It's much better to be drunk, stoned, or both, in my opinion. None of which I get to do very much any more. Too damn busy. Not that I ever did much of that in the first place...well..ok...I used to drink like a fish but I pretty much quit once I turned 21. Adulthood sucks.

no photo
Thu 10/07/10 09:23 AM

sounds the same as people who are book smart but yet have no common sense. Do you look under a microscope each time before you wash your hands or do you act on faith that they may be covered in germs? Do you really put them under a microscope to confirm that the germs are in fact truley there?

What I don't understand is how someone who could seriously ask this kind of question managed to reach adulthood. sheesh.

A perfect example of why we should take all the warning labels off of everything and let the chips fall where they may, so to speak.

no photo
Thu 10/07/10 09:16 AM

You continually refer to me as an "atheist". whoa

You're constantly judging my relationship with God. You refuse to recognize that I acknowledge God in all Her splendor.

You're so hung up on judging everyone based on what the ancient Hebrews had to say, that you can't even begin to imagine a better picture of God. But better pictures definitely exist. bigsmile

I personally

choose

the best picture

I can possibly

find

for God.

Why insult

Her

by choosing anything less? spock

Romans 1:16-26a

Gospel Exalted

16, For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17, For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18, For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19, Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21, Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22, Professing themselves to be wise,

they became fools,

23, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24, Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25, Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26, For this cause God gave them up
unto vile affections:

Bravo, you can quote scripture. Now, can you think and say stuff in your own words, with your own viewpoints?

I have a parrot, and it mimics what I've taught it. Personally, I know it can also say things out of context of how I taught it, so I do know that she thinks.

I see plenty of parroting going on, with your biblical quotes...

You think a parrot can think??? You think a parrot can talk???

By your own logic, so can CeriseRose, so what's your problem???

Proverbs 23:9
Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

So..by your own logic, aren't you breaking that rule? In fact, since none the religionists on here have convinced the nonrelgionists of much of anything having to do w/ your godthing, wouldn't that make us all fools, by your standards, and all the religionists rule breakers?
So, what's the penalty for "speaking" in the ears of fools anyway? Do you have to hit yourself with a stick or something?
laugh :banana:

I don't understand your connection to "my logic". I will however, explain "her" logic and how I applied it.

CeriseRose quoted scripture and got "berated" for it...
"Bravo, you can quote scripture. Now, can you think and say stuff in your own words, with your own viewpoints?"

then she compares CeriseRose to a parrot:

"I have a parrot, and it mimics what I've taught it. Personally, I know it can also say things out of context of how I taught it, so I do know that she thinks."

So, a parrot, which "most" humans know cannot "talk", let alone reason, is "known" to think because it can mimmic sounds it was taught out of context??? And a human "who can read, reason, and apply what he/she has read (quote, repeat, whatever term you want to use...), is somehow less than a parrot?

As for my quoted scripture, I loathe quoting scripture except to counter improperly quoted scripture. I did however quote that verse as I knew quoting scripture pizzes her off a bit and I was fairly sure noone would touch that one else be labeled a "fool".

The "penalty" for speaking in the ears of a fool is that they would despise my words, not really a penalty if you ask me. And it wasn't a "rule" by any means.

oh darn. I was so hoping you believed you had to hit yourself w/ a stick.
laugh

no photo
Thu 10/07/10 08:52 AM
Either it's fake and you're being scammed or you'll experience the crowd psychology and people will see what they expect to see.

Either way, it's all b.s.

no photo
Wed 10/06/10 12:05 PM

In fact, you continually accuse everyone who refuses to accept that the ancient Hebrews speak for God, but there is clearly nothing 'sinful' about disbelieving the words of a bunch of mortal men.
--------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 10:33
-----------------
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
============================================

Matthew was a mortal man my friend. bigsmile

So until your God actually shows himself, it's absurd to believe that he would "pass judgment" on anyone for not obeying him. He hasn't directly communicated with them and therefore cannot claim that they refused him.
------------------------------------------------------------
Man separated themselves from God by eating of the fruit. It's not God's job to get us to heaven, it is our job to seek heaven. God shows himself to us everyday. Have you seen God today? I have.
============================================

Sure, I see the pantheistic "god" of the Eastern Mystics every day, I experience being that "god" as well.

However, I haven't seen hide nor hair of any male-chauvinistic God who would have me stoning people to death on his behalf for not worshiping him. whoa

Nope, I've never seen anything even remotely close to a God like you describe.

I haven't seen any talking burning bushes either.

Take some acid then go for a walk. You'll see all kinds of talking things, burning and otherwise. Happened to me when a "friend" slipped it into my drink, a long time ago. He thought it would be funny. Needless to say, we're not friends any more.

Personally, I think alot of the stories in the bible are based on "trips" of some kind or outright schitzoid pathology.

no photo
Wed 10/06/10 11:53 AM

You continually refer to me as an "atheist". whoa

You're constantly judging my relationship with God. You refuse to recognize that I acknowledge God in all Her splendor.

You're so hung up on judging everyone based on what the ancient Hebrews had to say, that you can't even begin to imagine a better picture of God. But better pictures definitely exist. bigsmile

I personally

choose

the best picture

I can possibly

find

for God.

Why insult

Her

by choosing anything less? spock

Romans 1:16-26a

Gospel Exalted

16, For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17, For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18, For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19, Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21, Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22, Professing themselves to be wise,

they became fools,

23, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24, Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25, Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26, For this cause God gave them up
unto vile affections:

Bravo, you can quote scripture. Now, can you think and say stuff in your own words, with your own viewpoints?

I have a parrot, and it mimics what I've taught it. Personally, I know it can also say things out of context of how I taught it, so I do know that she thinks.

I see plenty of parroting going on, with your biblical quotes...

You think a parrot can think??? You think a parrot can talk???

By your own logic, so can CeriseRose, so what's your problem???

Proverbs 23:9
Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

So..by your own logic, aren't you breaking that rule? In fact, since none the religionists on here have convinced the nonrelgionists of much of anything having to do w/ your godthing, wouldn't that make us all fools, by your standards, and all the religionists rule breakers?
So, what's the penalty for "speaking" in the ears of fools anyway? Do you have to hit yourself with a stick or something?
laugh :banana:

no photo
Wed 10/06/10 11:39 AM
I wanna go back in time and blow up Jesus w/ a handgrenade. That way, instead of crosses, people would wear little pinnapples. Instead of a dead guy on a stick, they'd have a splatter pattern.
And the church wouldn't have had to keep whitening up their saviour throughout history.

no photo
Wed 10/06/10 11:27 AM

mendelssohn78

what is most frustrating is that many people will proclaim their love of Jesus, will get downright angry when confronted with opposing views

I think in all fairness you need to consider the following:

A lot of religious people are scared to death of the thought of atheism. It's a thought that they can't even begin to bear to imagine.

As you well know, their religions is truly absurd and filled with contradictions and utterly unwise baloney. Don't think for one second that they are fully aware of this!

They are on their last nerve trying to "cling to their faith", they don't need you coming along pointing out the obvious and making them face these things head on.

That's why they become so angry so quickly. They know it's baloney, but the alternative "in their mind" is atheism which they aren't even about to consider. For them the thought of atheism is worse than than hell. At least with a belief in heaven and hell they can pretend that they have a shot at heaven. With atheism they don't have a shot at anything but dying!

So when you confront their beliefs you are stepping on their last nerve. A nerve they really don't need anyone to stand on. They're already clinging to their faith on a thread.

And you're threatening to snip that thread away and send them into a free-fall that can only land in atheism (as far as they are concerned).

For them it's either the Biblical God, or atheism. And since they can't face atheism, all they have to cling to is the Bible.

Try to understand their predicament. They're literally scared of "death".

The instinct for self preservation is usually quite strong in our species. Intelligence can screw that up in so many ways...

no photo
Wed 10/06/10 11:19 AM

You've got to be one of the most bored people in the world.laugh

Yes, I would not argue with that assessment in the least.

Couldn't you already tell that from my posts in the religion forums?

And what are you doing here in this forum anyway? Unless you've had a revelation, so to speak, you're as much an atheist or agnostic as I am a butterfly.

It says it's for "Agnostics" too.

I've always confessed to ultimately being agnostic. I wish I could claim to actually know something. laugh

I would be tickled pink if that were the case!

I suggest a Netflix account, a girlfriend, and some video games. Not to mention there are more books in the world than you'll ever be able to read in a dozen lifetimes.
As far as "always confessed to ultimately being agnostic" goes, until just recently, I don't remember you posting anything even close to that anywhere. But I could be wrong.

no photo
Wed 10/06/10 11:01 AM

My first thought whenever I see a skinny woman has always been, "Somebody get that woman some pie, STAT!"
dont like pie lol

cake then.

no photo
Wed 10/06/10 10:43 AM

one last thing if everyone followed the 10 commandments and no one can deny this this world would actually be a place to live in if understand what im saying ,we definitley wouldnt be where we are we would be further

That's probably true, but when was the last time you met a follower of the Abrahamic Religious that followed the 10 commandments?

Most of the Abrahamic religions fight with each other. The Christian crusaders didn't seem to think much of the commandment that says, "Thou shalt not kill", nor did the Christians who tortured and burned witches.

Also, there are many religions throughout the world that teach equivalent, or better, moral values. The Wiccan's for example simply say, "Do as ye will but harm none". There you go. A very simple guideline that, if followed, would result in world peace.

In fact, if "God" is supposed to be "all-wise" the Wiccan decree seems far wiser than having "Ten Commandments" don't you think?

After all, in one simple statement everything is automatically covered. Harm none. That's wiser than having to break it up into ten different commandments.

So if we all become Wiccans the world would be a super fantastic place to live. drinker

You see, that argument will work with almost any religion in principle.

:thumbsup:

no photo
Wed 10/06/10 10:42 AM

one last thing if everyone followed the 10 commandments and no one can deny this this world would actually be a place to live in if understand what im saying ,we definitley wouldnt be where we are we would be further

Really??? Ok, so which 10 commandments are you talking about anyway? The original 10 or the heavily edited and changed version that made it into today's bible?
Just out of morbid curiousity...

no photo
Wed 10/06/10 10:40 AM

your a moron no offense but i havent seen anyone twist the word of god to such an extent ,whats even worse you prolly believe scientist that a big bang theroy or another one of there imagined philosophys.

its absoulutley impossible for there to be no GOD , we didnt jus spring up out of no where and ne so called theroy on a scientific level is even more absurd and blasphemy.

I feel sorry for ppl like you ,you obviously havent read the bible and if you did you should read it again , Jesus was killed not suicide wheather he offered his life or not does not constitute it as suicide as he didnt not take his own life (ya get it )and as for ur term hut dwellers we still are there jus wooden now
from the trees to the animals and everything in between for you to say there is no good is to deny your own exsistence I can tell what you are about without even havin to meet you and my friend like most you will find out the hard way then it will only be to late
also for such and old so called "myth" it sure has alot of truth in it it spoke of the future long before it arrived and so much more

You're not even worth debating...so I'll just say "So, what color is the sky in your world anyway?"