Community > Posts By > Mary_Malone

no photo
Tue 05/03/16 06:31 AM
Thanks. I never even thought it was possible to get such a lovely message from a stranger. I only thought that kind of thing happened to celebrities.

no photo
Mon 05/02/16 02:49 PM
I always seemed to get tall men.

no photo
Mon 05/02/16 07:17 AM

I respect the opinions given by you guys and agree with most of them. Yes going apart in case of cheating or hurting makes sense but just saying that the flame is gone as a reason to separate doesn't hit me as a valid reason. Understanding each other and discussing the issues make the life so easier but not trying anything and just going apart for foolish reasons like this just makes me feel that they were searching for the first easy exit they got. Easy way out is not a mark of good relationship and sorry to say the people involve in it

But there's also no point in sitting these people in a room together, having awkward silences, if they don't want to work it out. It's a numbers game. There's a 50/50 outcome. What if they come back out of the room still not talking to each other?

no photo
Mon 05/02/16 06:58 AM

I guess I must know the secret . Laughing .. finally joined a local dating site a week ago .. and i have a date .. A real date . With a gorgeous man .. I am so excited .. A little nervous .. so to calm my nerves i bought a new dress :-)

waving Do you find this gorgeous man as foxy as you find FOX? spock

If you're being serious, I hope you have a great time. :smile:

Probably should save the ropes until at least the second date though. :wink:
omg techno .. What a question .. Lmao .. Firstly .. He looks like Enrique .. Secondly he is middle eastern but has lived in my country for many years and thirdly I would never compare him to fox . What we shared was so very special .. . We spent the last two years knowing each other and our reasons for ending our relationship are private . He has begun a new life and I know he will be happy and successful :-)

So yes .. About my date .. I am serious :-)

Hope your date goes well. flowers

no photo
Mon 05/02/16 06:55 AM

I feel my negative attitude towards finding someone is well deserved.

Well would YOU date someone with a negative attitude? :)

Maybe you need to start off being light - hearted.

Sense of humour can be easily attractive.

Very true. I might love my whining teething child/grandchild but please grow up and treat me like an adult woman not your poor Mother who has to listen to your wailing.

Indeed :smile:

no photo
Mon 05/02/16 04:14 AM
Maybe older men find it easier to open up to you. I know it shouldn't make any difference, but a lot of men your age or younger, have a lot of pressure on them, the younger they are. You probably do aswell. I'm not sure when things changed so much. Just that when I was your age, we all went with men our own age. Maybe there's just more choice out there, that wasn't discovered earlier. I mean, you can't know who is out there, until you try them. Yet stay slightly cautious. There are still quite a few sharks out there, who will say anything to try and lure you in. Being sexually assaulted makes me even more wary of what could happen. Sorry but it's only sensible.

no photo
Mon 05/02/16 04:02 AM
I have two part - time jobs, and it's one thing protecting vulnerable people, but when you're trying to hide from a certain friend, there's only so many times you can pretend not to be in. laugh. I just tell him that I'm too busy. Before seeking out the nearest exit and running from him. laugh. He's a nightmare to get rid of.

no photo
Mon 05/02/16 03:57 AM
Dear self,

Next time you advertise your service, on an advertising website, don't put your phone number anymore, because it attracts unwanted attention, or should I say pathetic idiots looking for attention. Just put your email address, and tell them that if they are younger than the ages I provide to, they're not eligible to use my carer services. I'm just trying to help people who can't get outside anymore, or people who struggle to get housework done, or need their prescriptions collecting. My god. The ordasity of some. :eyeroll:.

no photo
Sun 05/01/16 03:38 PM
I'm not sure I can even remember that far back. laugh

1 usually go for a medical assessment every year, where they ask similar.

"What was happening in your life ten years ago?"-Can't remember.

"What were you like at age twenty?"-Can't flippin remember.

no photo
Sun 05/01/16 03:19 PM

I feel my negative attitude towards finding someone is well deserved.

Well would YOU date someone with a negative attitude? :)

Maybe you need to start off being light - hearted.

Sense of humour can be easily attractive.

no photo
Sun 05/01/16 03:04 PM
I don't think there's any secret to it. You just happen to get lucky, or you don't. ohwell.

no photo
Sun 05/01/16 11:30 AM
Tell him that it's his own doing, if he wants to get off with different women, and maybe say to him, that if he can't commit to you, you're better off without him. He'll probably use that all too familiar line "You will never find another man who will treat you as good as I did". Simply reply with "Of course I won't, because I'll find a man who will treat me BETTER than you have". Surprised he hasn't caught an STD by now.

no photo
Sun 05/01/16 11:20 AM
It sounds pretty ordinary to me. The only time you'd need to start worrying, is if the grandson didn't want to see his grandma anymore. It's not unusual to visit gran. :smile:.

no photo
Sun 05/01/16 11:08 AM
There lies part of the problem. You THOUGHT she was "the one". I once thought all of my ex's were "the one". None of them turned out to be that. Sometimes they just do us good at the time. I understand you're having doubts about her. She doesn't sound stable enough to be having a child with, but regardless, wouldn't you want to give the baby a chance at a stable upbringing with both parents? Saying that, she hardly deserves a man, given how she's treat you. Some people really think they deserve the world, and they turn out to be so spoilt, that it puts you off, and makes you want to run the other way.

no photo
Sun 05/01/16 09:44 AM
Edited by Mary_Malone on Sun 05/01/16 09:45 AM
One of my ex's, my very first one, who was my childhood sweetheart, got revenge on me for breaking up with him. Fair enough if I'd cheated on him, but I told him why I didn't want to be with him anymore. He first got a dangerous gang, to constantly torture me where I lived with my mum and my sister. They would constantly be sat outside of our house, watching everything I did. Then it got out of hand. They started to not just shout abuse at me. They would also throw stones, fireworks, bricks, etc, at our windows. I had an excruciating bowel illness. I didn't need it. I eventually ended up in psychiatric hospital because of Chris and his cronies. I knew he was instigating it, because the police tracked everything he did. The police told me to keep rejecting him, if he asked to get back in touch with me. I remember Chris kept visiting my house, to tell me he had improved, but it was always going to be a bit late for that. I'd found someone else to date. Thankgod the dr's at the psychiatric hospital moved me away from that mess. I feel a lot better since Stephen took me under his wing. I was just glad he looked out for me.

no photo
Sun 05/01/16 09:28 AM

Would you trust a profile with only one photo of the person wearing shades? Is seeing that person's eyes important to you?

I can see why you might not. I live nextdoor to a man who never takes his sunglasses off. However, they might just be insecure about their looks, or they might be hiding dark circles under their eyes. If I'm going to see their actual face, some day, I'd prefer to see it without the sunglasses, so that I can gauge how physically attracted I feel to them. I know looks aren't everything, but I can't date someone I feel no butterflies for. I need to feel some sort of physical chemistry.

no photo
Sun 05/01/16 09:16 AM
Edited by Mary_Malone on Sun 05/01/16 09:21 AM

1.What's the difference between liking a person versus respecting a person?

I think if they like someone, they still don't feel they need to show respect for the person. As long as they let the person know that they like them. They could say stuff to the person they like, such as "I think you're a good person to hang with", yet that isn't actual confirmation that they will respect the person. They are just telling someone that they like them.

What are some things that make you lose respect for a person?

Well, something happened to me in the past, with this certain man. We were only friends, until one day, he proposed to me. I didn't see it coming, because we were just friends. However, I felt very flattered. I told him that I think we'd make a good pairing, so I agreed to marry him. Then the next morning, I heard him saying to one of his friends "I'll find myself a nice german woman to marry". He didn't know that I'd heard him telling him. So as I was eating my breakfast, he walks into the dining room. He puts his arms around me. That was his usual way of greeting me every morning. He then said "How's my lovely lady doing today?". I tried not to smile back at him. I almost lost it with him. I said "I'll be alright. No need to worry about ME", and didn't say anything more to him. He looked confused. After breakfast, I confronted him about it. He kept stammering. I then told him "I don't think I want to marry you anymore. You can't seem to make up your mind". Then I walked off. I wasn't going to put up with a time waster. I think he thought he was some kind of greek adonis. laugh. Glad it was the last I saw of him.

In general, if a man likes to brag about how many women like him or want him, that will be a red flag for me. It makes no odds to me how popular a man is. That never mattered to me. I have no clue why one man bothered telling me. I felt nauseus as soon as he started bragging. Yet he'd always ask me what he looked good in, or about what I thought of him. I just gave up on him in the end. I don't do braggers.

no photo
Sun 05/01/16 08:52 AM
Some people really know how to abuse their job position :worried:. They probably aren't that bothered about getting sacked then.

no photo
Sun 05/01/16 08:46 AM
I actually feel ashamed of working with these scumbag recovery workers, in Supported-living accommodation. They really know how to humiliate mentally ill people. The mentally ill tenants are getting treat like dirt. I'm going to quit this place real soon. If I don't report it, no-one else will, because they're too scared to, for some reason. I'd rather stand up for people who are treat like crap, than work with these people any longer. It can't be justified. It isn't acceptable. I also don't believe in exposing these mentally unwell tenants. I know when something just doesn't seem right or worth putting up with. Absolutely disgusted. They call themselves recovery workers. They don't even know how to behave.

no photo
Sat 04/30/16 03:14 PM
I can make my first name and middle name double-barelled, but they were meant to be separate. If someone was called Mary Jane. They could put 'Mary-Jane'. That's not my name. Always the same. That's not my....... name.