Community > Posts By > Mary_Malone

no photo
Tue 04/26/16 07:00 AM
Living in a care home is a world away from everyday society. It's meant to be therapeutic and calm, and it is. This is why my friends living in them, feel lost, when they go to different places

no photo
Tue 04/26/16 06:56 AM
Not everyone where I live overlooks it. Depending which side of the road you're from. I've lived on the leafy suburb part, and now living on the more "edgy" part. No wonder I don't know whether I'm coming or going. laugh. The area of the same road where my current home is, is known as a red light district. A lot of my male friends keep telling me how the prostitutes ask them if they want any "business". They tell those prostitutes to do one. For heavens sake, these are pensioners living in retirement care homes. And the care staff are hardly going to allow that to happen to their own tenants. These men are in care, because they can't function in everyday society, so the prostitutes will gain nothing asking them for sex, because their living in a totally different kind of social environment to my male friends living in the care home.

no photo
Tue 04/26/16 03:31 AM
No point in even worrying about it. We all die in the end, regardless of how we look, or how long we try to preserve ourselves.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 04:18 PM
Winning!

Who let Charlie Sheen out? Sticking his nose in as usual. :smile:

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 03:33 PM
The last time I flirted with someone, I think I did it, without even realizing. I wanted to say something, anything, to break an awkward silence, because I was the new girl living in the group home, so I was looking for something witty to say. My mouth suddenly ran away with me. I ended up shouting to a housemate on the other table, "I HOPE YOU STILL LOVE ME, STEPHEN!". Everyone burst out laughing. Thankgod. When I look back, it WAS flirtatious, but not in a devious sense. I started a joke, and now I'm going to have to live with it. laugh. Even though I never meant to flirt, Stephen then got up from his seat, putting his arms right around me, and said "Of course I love YOU. I always will", while wearing a massive grin on his face. I can't have done bad, for my first day of living there. Ha ha.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 10:37 AM
It would be nice to find someone to travel with, every now and then. Not to expensive places. Just hotel stays would do. I prefer B&B's. Sometimes it's nice to just get away from all of the chaos.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 10:30 AM
Sometimes some people just don't want to be found. You may never know why. You just have to trust that they're safe. Maybe their suffering is far harsher than anyone first thought. Even if I DO think dissapearing is a stupid move.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 08:26 AM
I ride on the back of them. With someone else at the front. Pretty sure I'm going to end up falling off one, one of these days. I'm a daredevil. A daredevil am I. :smile:

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 08:22 AM
I just want to find a cheap B&B, in some relaxing countryside. I'd rather do this with another person. Not by myself. I don't go to places I don't know, by myself.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 08:14 AM

Whose turn is it to provide popcorn for everyone whenever a thread such as this one is started?
My turn was last week.

Fine. The popcorn is on ME. Come get it, people. :tongue:

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 08:10 AM
I was passing a bunch of boarded-up houses. On the wood, it said that Dr Who supports regeneration. Very funny. I doubt Peter Capaldi would know where Teeside even is.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 07:55 AM
Mingle2 is your other parallel universe. :smile:

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 07:50 AM
The problem becomes bigger, when you stop believing that you'll ever find another man. You don't REALLY know if you will. It's mainly just you trying to predict your own future. Even I try to predict how my future will be. It's a habit you don't need.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 07:35 AM
Edited by Mary_Malone on Mon 04/25/16 07:44 AM
If I ever argued with any previous lover, it was to get my point across. I only have to shout at a man, if he gives me good reason to. And sometimes it felt like trying to teach a child right from wrong. I kept asking myself, what I'd gotten myself into. It clearly wasn't a good relationship, if I felt I had to discipline him. He was quite thoughtless. He did what he wanted regardless of consequences. I'm sure he still does. And to constantly hear him drone on, about his ex wife, made it clear to me, that he was thinking about her, more than thinking about me, the woman he kept telling he loved. I can't tolerate men who act like spoilt children. :awkward:. Though it was never really "arguing". I never raised my voice, or talked to them in a rude tone of voice. It was more like discussing things in a calm way. I don't think shouting at someone, is the best way to go about things. It would make me look stupid.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 07:25 AM
I suppose you could try flirting with your crush.

However, it isn't guaranteed that he'll flirt back, but if he does, take full advantage of it ;)

It’s worth a try.

If he doesn't flirt back, you're just going to have to go after another one. Just keep looking around for men you feel attracted to.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 07:21 AM
The only problem with your "Come home" statement, is once I go on holiday, I never want to come back home. If I had enough money to stay at the place, I would. What I mind, is how much the need for a well-earned break is ignored by managers. Carers, nurses, deserve one the most. They are in jobs where there's a lot of demand on them
They should get paid more money for what they do. I'm surprised at what little amount of breaks they get.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 07:08 AM

But with the amount that went missing, you could have done serious landfill in the North Sea laugh

I think I could.

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 07:02 AM
Most of the hippies I know, are in their fifties or over, and have short hair. So they DO get hair cuts. :tongue:. And they are some of the most friendliest people you could ever meet. :cheers:

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 06:57 AM

Do you remember how many times you found the right pair ........

But you always remember the time you got the different pair

I'm not sure I want to. laugh. A certain pair of socks, bring back memories of a horrible accident I had, at christmas last year. I almost ended up losing a toe. Now, every time I pass the shop I bought them from, I cringe. I'm never going to buy socks from that certain shop again. I'm surprised I can even LOOK at a sock again. Never mind wear one. laugh

no photo
Mon 04/25/16 06:50 AM
Edited by Mary_Malone on Mon 04/25/16 06:51 AM
rofl. I know. It's crazy. I buy about three new pairs every other week. Just to make sure I have spare pairs, incase my washer steals any more of my socks. It's a sock hoarder. I'm sure this is why my washer sometimes floods my kitchen floor. My kitchen has been flooded three times so far. I'll expect it again. Maybe I'll buy a boat so that we can all go sailing on the sea shore, on my kitchen floor. Maybe I'll buy some sand, just to add to it. Why not? Let's make a beach out of it. biggrin whoa