Community > Posts By > Lukinfolov

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/03/15 03:27 AM

Even if u dont..

There's nothing to believe in a miracle. When a very rare happening, that we can't understand or explain, takes place before us, we term it as a 'miracle.

Nothing can defy the laws of nature. Its because they are rare, we call them miracles.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/03/15 03:05 AM

Why do parents expect their children to accept the religion of the family?

Is it not logical that a child be exposed to all religions as history lessons so that he can form his own opinion when he matures?

I feel this world would be a better place if we were allowed to choose our religion after eighteen.

Your thoughts.

Hummm... why would a 38 yr old man be on a date site complaining about his parents trying to instill morals & values.

spock

Well, its not about me. I have already formed my opinions based on reasons and evidence although my parents are religious. People say I am a skeptic but I tell you I am the biggest skeptic of my own skepticism. To me, how you think is far more important than what you think.

I understand, this is a dating site. Possibly, one day I would meet a like minded women here...Law of Attraction ;-)

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/03/15 02:55 AM
I have a question: If this law really works, does it involve communication of your consciousness with the universally prevailing consciousness or it just that we tend to align our actions towards achieving the goal, eventually achieving it.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/03/15 02:32 AM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Fri 07/03/15 02:33 AM

---They would expect what they teach. Not only religion, but includes cultural practices, values, rules, etc.

Is it not logical that a child be exposed to all religions as history lessons so that he can form his own opinion when he matures?
---kids are exposed to a lot of things in their environment, especially now that everything is easily available thru media. Parents/guardians filter what they are exposed to accordingly. Then they learn to adjust on their own. Kids opinions are colored and formed based on their experience with the people around them. The ability to make one's own opinion, inference and point of view comes with maturity, not age. And yet, some adult opinions, can still be considered immature. While some kids, are pretty wise in their simplicity.

I feel this world would be a better place if we were allowed to choose our religion after eighteen.
--- not necissarily. Im pretty sure there is that population that will choose to do the wrong things, and make the world a worse place to live in, with or without extensive exposure to religions, ethnicities, ideologies, education. There will always be a point of conflict. If not religion or ideals, then territory, economics, difference in principles, attitudes, etc.

Your thoughts.
--- the world is probably becoming a worse place because of the lack of PROPER parental guidance. Too strict, too lax, too coddling, and too free and too neglectful are all dangerous. It's different for different people in different parts of the world.

I've a question regarding your original post...
Wasn't 1960's America an era of freedom from conformity in religion and ideology? And isn't this generation a product of that?

I am afraid you are confusing between religion, values, ethics and morality...

I am only talking about religion and all the myth and dogmatism that go with it. If you are talking about values, ethics and morality, they should be passed down the generations with reference to their implication on the society.

If I did something or plan to do something, let me ask to myself on the implication of my actions to others, to the society and eventually to myself...I would get all answers.

Building up of a conscience in the child as to what is universally right and wrong is the only responsibility of parents. Rest of it should be figured out by the person himself.

Lukinfolov's photo
Fri 07/03/15 01:09 AM

Parents have a responsibility to teach their children as they profess When a person reaches 18 or so they are free to seek whatever their preferences happen to be. Its not possible to give free reign to intellectual development till the adolescent has sufficient cognitive and emotional maturity to seek his/her own perspective.

Why do you think its not possible to give free reign to intellectual development...??

I would expect my children to form their opinions based entirely on their reasons after having read texts of all religions and weighing them against each other. If nothing appealed to them, they might just be agnostic.

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/02/15 02:37 PM

Your thoughts.

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/02/15 12:02 PM
How does it make a difference? They deserve punishment for the crime they have committed against humanity. I just feel sad that he probably didn't get the right parenting.

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/02/15 10:48 AM

There is one special for every person

Ahh if this were only true.............. we would be born with the other persons name and address stamped on our foreheads.

Now that would make sense- if there is only one, surely you would want a hint at least to that person's whereabouts ...

Life is total and utter chaos and we keep trying to make it into a pattern or a plan - give up already - some times you are lucky - or not -
That's all.

Couldn't agree more.

There is nothing as 'one special for everyone'...

Sometimes the two get along together as they think alike and have similar backgrounds. Otherwise, people weigh the consequences of a split-up against sticking around when the initial attraction melts away. If the former prevails, they separate and console themselves that probably he/she was not the 'one' after all.

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/02/15 09:01 AM

^ What about your own color? Is that a Persian kitty? I had the same. :-)

I have black eyes...yeah she is a Persian kitty 1.5 years old now.

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/02/15 08:54 AM
My cat has hazel eyes too..

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/02/15 08:37 AM
Take life easy...try to live it free from hatred, fear and guilt.

Explore happiness in Giving..

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/02/15 08:23 AM
I thought the length of the feet said something about a man's 'manhood'..!

Is it kinda true?

Lukinfolov's photo
Thu 07/02/15 08:21 AM
If I was the invitee, I would say 'Thank you' and assure him/her that the next meeting would be arranged by me and then it would be my treat.

This would make him understand that he had to pay now as it was his invite.

Lukinfolov's photo
Wed 07/01/15 01:58 AM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Wed 07/01/15 01:58 AM
Einstein couldn't fulfill his last wish to come out with a new unified mathematical formula that would encompass the four forces of nature - gravitation, electromagnetic, radioactive or weak nuclear and the strong nuclear forces. But, each of these forces have been understood to some extent by the science fraternity. Till now, we haven't made any progress on the 'Unified Field Theory' the concept of which was initiated by Einstein.

Similarly, there must be a universal law that unites all independent occult sciences which we have partially understood in isolation. Say for example, in my case, these two terrible incidents were indicated by the lines as well as in my horoscope. They said the same thing and that's the reason he could tell me for sure that those incidents would definitely happen.

So, do you think sciences like astrology, palmistry, law of karma, soul, reincarnation, law of attraction, hypnotism, OBE, NDE and many other unexplained phenomena are inter-related or can be explained through one unified theory?

Lukinfolov's photo
Wed 07/01/15 12:54 AM
Guess you should always keep a scissor and a shaving kit handy with you on every date...just in case.

Lukinfolov's photo
Wed 07/01/15 12:50 AM
Have you tried in the Regional section?

Lukinfolov's photo
Wed 07/01/15 12:45 AM

I believe in fate and destiny, that they encompass our birthright, attitudes, personal choices, etc.
It's not like we had a choice about the circumstances we were born into. That in itself is fate. Where we are headed is dependent on the choices we make, and the situation that will bring us to it.
We can change our fate, via the course of destiny. Difficult to do, but not impossible, and hard to prove
I have heard that life cycles that determine one's destiny comes every three years. Hence, you can "cheat on" or "delay" your predetermined fate, but the cycle will repeat itself until you break free from it or until it actually occurs.

i think it depends on the choices we make in life... our fates are never really "sealed", but by making the wrong choices can bring it very close... being born into a bad situation doesn't mean anything other than making the right choices to get out of it...

Who says the wrong choices are the ones to seal your fate? Some people are fated to have one thing, some another. The manner by which you get there is your destiny. Fate is simply what happens from start to end, destiny is how it happens. You can choose one thing over another, as you judge a situation, and your capacity to handle the situation, determined by who you are. Destiny has brought you to each and every event you have and will experience. The outcome is determined by fate.

Right and wrong in choosing a path in life are subjective concepts, that usually hinges on getting something we want, or achieving our goals. Good and bad are also a matter of our perception.

Fate and destiny are much larger than that. They are not concepts you compartmentalize to take or leave. They are aspects in the philosophy of life, part and parcel of it.

Do planets really affect our thoughts and influence us to make decisions. Astrologers say, they do influence the way we think. But it looks so weird and incomprehensible to me. What is it which makes us vulnerable or strong at different times towards the same thing.

Lukinfolov's photo
Tue 06/30/15 11:58 PM

Hey there, I am new to this and I really would like to meet some hot inteligent guys, if you ever wish just HMU.

Don't know if I am hot enough but my Dad used to say I was intelligent...so here I am.

Lukinfolov's photo
Tue 06/30/15 12:35 PM
One of my astrologer friend, from whom I am presently taking some lessons on the subject, once told me that our fate and major incidents in life are known right at time of our births. We are like dogs that are being taken from one destination to the other by our master through this life. But on the way, we have the freedom of moving and doing things of our choice, just like a dog that strolls and wanders along the way to the extent his leash allows him.

Lukinfolov's photo
Tue 06/30/15 11:21 AM
Edited by Lukinfolov on Tue 06/30/15 11:22 AM
I took sometime to decide if I would keep this post in the Science or in the Paranormal section. This post is about the effects of planets on our lives and the lines on our palms.

Being a science student, I was a skeptic too. But incidents in my life in the last four years have forced me to shift my paradigms.

One of my colleagues in my first job, who was supposedly an astrologer, predicted two very unusual and terrible incidents in my life. I laughed his predictions away as any other silly joke. However, ten and fourteen years later, both these incidents happened.

I remembered his predictions and suddenly all my pride and vanity as a hardcore science enthusiast and skeptic transformed into a feeling of humility and helplessness before the, so called, 'Divine Plan'.

I would like to know if any of you have had such a transformation in life.